As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legacy [Chat]ing

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Especially since their last Mass Effect game pretty much killed that franchise

one could, perhaps foolishly, hope that was a teaching moment for them.

They have mea culpa'd pretty hard and I suspect they are going to take their time and do this one right so they don't burn all of their remaining franchises.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    even i liked da:i for the most part and i am #1 bioware hater

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    bleric is the first trip to carolina instead of texas?

Yes!!! I'm excited

It's so much cheaper that I'm gonna fly JetBlue like some kind of person with money!!

Also apparently it's going to fucking snow I guess

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i like to be prepared so i just went ahead and took the laxatives now

Smart.

You could've just went and got a hot dog from a street vendor too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    no one wants to comment on why VH needs to have a book to read during breakfast huh

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So long as DA4 doesn't involve me pinging like a sonar every 3 seconds everywhere I run so I can find loot, and it doesn't open in the most boring and forevertaking zone, it is a GOTY contender.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    At 15minutes into one 60minute webinar of many for Keyshot 8 I found a bullet point, that the speaker doesn't comment on, that openvdb support does not include support for animated vdb in Keyshot 8. Nowherere else is this commented on regarding the product.

That's pretty clearly a sell or no sell point in my opinion, I find it weird that it would be so incredibly hidden.

PSN: Honkalot
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    i like to be prepared so i just went ahead and took the laxatives now

Surprise, it’s just you and staring girl locked in the file room together

nice

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2018
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I would like the self-confidence of a man who thinks to himself they have a 12,000 page story to tell that can't be trimmed down a bit.

Well when you have twelve main characters

Agatha Christie can kill off twelve characters in 200 pages and still leave room for a grossly offensive title.

Your supposition suggests that one main character needs 1000 pages to be done justice. I would disagree!

Bogart on
    also I played two games of soccer last night and holy fuck my legs are hurting

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    no one wants to comment on why VH needs to have a book to read during breakfast huh

We don't all eat our breakfast while we drive into the office, Landshark

Some of us like to lounge on the porch with a good read while one of the help spoonfeeds us

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    there was a tentatively stolen glance this morning

i chose to interpret it as a "we still good?" glance

so i smiled back so as to convey yes

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I'd really like to see an RPG that pretty much does away with incidental loot altogether. Nothing undoes the feeling of being an epic hero like digging through every crate on the planet for trinkets to sell for 5 gold a piece.

don't let your man get in the way of this good thing we got that neither of us has to seriously confront or consider

also I played two games of soccer last night and holy fuck my legs are hurting

Did you score a touchdown?

n-no?

I did have my first assist which was nice, and im starting to get my stamina back so that I don't make a run and then have no energy left to actually shoot the ball

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Inquisition has aged well in my mind

having not revisited it at all since release

Inquisition has aged well in my mind

having not revisited it at all since release

i remember being very bored by it but the graphics were quite good

so like pretty much one of my favorite games ever

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    don't let your man get in the way of this good thing we got that neither of us has to seriously confront or consider

so when are you going to fuck?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I mean my own book is coming in at around 275 pages so I'm pretty happy with that.

I can't imagine writing 12000, but I sure have enjoyed the stormlight books I've read so far.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    And now our doctor has decided to murder our paramedic and nobody's around to stop him...

...in response, we're going to execute the doctor.

Next week on General Hospital,

The story is actually pretty damn messed up. The colony is all sorts of stressed from the bug attack, and it was getting to everyone. So the paramedic (a woman) was being caustic to people from the stress, but while everyone else was down and healing, she was out in the fields working. The doctor is outside, see's her all alone and he just can't take it any more apparently, and so the normally, incapable of violence 54 year old doctor beats to death the 38 year old woman out in the fields.

My original colonist leader, a 27 year old female pop idol pirate, was the one to execute him after he was imprisoned. EDIT: Oh yeah, he was also her brother. She's not dealing with it well...

electricitylikesme on
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular

Yes!!! I'm excited

It's so much cheaper that I'm gonna fly JetBlue like some kind of person with money!!

Yeah, low 40s and lots of rain set for today here in SC, so I can see that translating to snow up there. Hopefully doesn't effect the flight!

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

Yes!!! I'm excited

Yeah, low 40s and lots of rain set for today here in SC, so I can see that translating to snow up there. Hopefully doesn't effect the flight!

It's not supposed to get real until Sunday so that's good - but if it effects my flight back I'll be a bit ticked

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Every time Stellaris gets a big update, I think "now is the time" but then don't get around to it and then another big update comes out and I'm glad I waited. Eventually perhaps the game will finally be ready for me, experienced and mature, and I look forward to that day.

Always jump on a Paradox expansion quickly so you can enjoy yourself before the next big update

I might give this particular one another week or two to get streamlined a little better, but it's pretty great.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

bowen wrote: »

This is a Hallmark Christmas movie. There will be no fucking or even the hint of fucking!

also i mean

come on bowen

it's chanus

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I guess incidental, inconsequential and essentially pointless beyond reselling loot in RPGs feels pointless, but I wonder if I'd miss it as part of the verisimilitude of adventuring in a fantasy world if they just turned it all into gold that went into my pockets when I killed something.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Bleric, I just looked at that. Holy shit that's a lot of snow for Charlotte.

Bless your heart.
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I'd really like to see an RPG that pretty much does away with incidental loot altogether. Nothing undoes the feeling of being an epic hero like digging through every crate on the planet for trinkets to sell for 5 gold a piece.

Can keep only if you are exclusively raiding other people's domiciles for these items AND they have an initial moment of shock but don't press the issue cuz what are you gonna do, huh? What the FUCK you think you're gonna be able to do? Yea, that's what I thought.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

This is a Hallmark Christmas movie. There will be no fucking or even the hint of fucking!

also i mean

come on bowen

it's chanus

chanus fucks

oh hey which one of you wants to finish my pandemic legacy season 2 run with me, cuz it's sat on the shelf for nearly a year now

Bogart wrote: »
    I guess incidental, inconsequential and essentially pointless beyond reselling loot in RPGs

i got this far before i realized you weren't commenting on my office non-romance

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

I want the opposite - I want to scrabble through the incidental loot because I'm not the epic hero, just a common footsoldier who keeps finding himself having to fight against more impossible odds that he's utterly prepared to face

"And this guy has an army of the dead? Well what the hell am I supposed to do about that? Do swords still work, I have a sword!"

I got to unlock a few characters in smash bros last night, game seems good. Faster than I remember smash being.

I miss Link's hookshot, but the remote bombs are neat.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    So long as DA4 doesn't involve me pinging like a sonar every 3 seconds everywhere I run so I can find loot, and it doesn't open in the most boring and forevertaking zone, it is a GOTY contender.

the single player will be OK but star will be the custom mode where you're an elf on a deserted island full of weapons, and there are 100 other players also arriving at the same time...

I got to unlock a few characters in smash bros last night, game seems good. Faster than I remember smash being.

It seems about melee speed.

I'm mildly annoyed at having to unlock a million characters. I just want to go online and fight humans.

But the game is super fun and controls are tight so it's fine. I'll put #1 to work on any of the grindy unlocks.

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    oh hey which one of you wants to finish my pandemic legacy season 2 run with me, cuz it's sat on the shelf for nearly a year now

For Sale
    Baby shoes
    never worn

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

Chanus needs to save her charity event by making all the cookies or whatever. Then chaste kisses. Also she is Lacey Chabert.

I talked about this just the other night.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say

For Sale
    Baby shoes
    never worn

no we got about halfway through

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »

the single player will be OK but star will be the custom mode where you're an elf on a deserted island full of weapons, and there are 100 other players also arriving at the same time...

dont you even dare

Bless your heart.

I'm mildly annoyed at having to unlock a million characters. I just want to go online and fight humans.

But the game is super fun and controls are tight so it's fine. I'll put #1 to work on any of the grindy unlocks.

I enjoy the unlock stuff but I might be weird. I'm looking forward to cranking through a lot of it on stream tonight.

There are already guides on the fastest way to unlock everyone if you're interested in just blazing through.

I enjoy the unlock stuff but I might be weird. I'm looking forward to cranking through a lot of it on stream tonight.

There are already guides on the fastest way to unlock everyone if you're interested in just blazing through.

ok cool i'll look one up, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.