Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Keighlys are go (The Game Awards 2018)

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    gat dang game awards hurry up smash unlocks soon

I had nothing else to do while waiting for the unlock. It seems like they knew this

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    LENA LENA LENA LENA

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I am all here for this woman’s style

dzuc2en672pw.jpg
    jkylefultonCelloDarkPrimusXehalus
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    OMG THE UPSET! THE UPPPSEET!

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Great Power Great CostumesRegistered User regular
    I want Detroit to walk away with nothing tonight

jG0D9Pb.jpg
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 4527-8947-6010
    PSN Username: SirEtchwarts
    ph blakeLasbrookH0b0manOlivawStilts
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular

detroit even being in contention is a loss for civilized society

7UVunkN.jpg
    CelloSirEtchwartsmasterofmetroidH0b0manNiryaCrippl3OlivawPeewiStiltsph blakedarunia106SCREECH OF THE FARGJaysonFourWeedLordVegetashoeboxjeddy
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    is there an anti-award, which takes away accolades? give that to detroit

BahamutZERO.gif
    SirEtchwartsCrippl3OlivawStiltsmasterofmetroidWeedLordVegeta
    Seriously, Game Awards? How DARE you display "please wrap it up" to the actual fucking awards!

He/Him
    SirEtchwartsjkylefultonLegacyThatDudeOverThereZonugal
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    I am all here for this woman’s style

I was just about to say this

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

I honestly thought we were done with it and then it just popped back up again and gave me palpitations.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

I was wondering why I remembered the studio name and it's because of their recent release, The Quiet Man

The way the studio distanced itself from Quiet Man on release makes me think that they were saddled with a lot of stuff they disagreed with, so I won't dismiss this game out of hand

5FEdw1A.png
    That Fortnite thing looks neat

I don't like playing it at all, but I'm happy it exists

jG0D9Pb.jpg
    Steam
    Bucketman
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

I was wondering why I remembered the studio name and it's because of their recent release, The Quiet Man

The way the studio distanced itself from Quiet Man on release makes me think that they were saddled with a lot of stuff they disagreed with, so I won't dismiss this game out of hand

I am still infinitely curious how that game happened and why

PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
    Never forget.
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist But it's like we weren't made for this world Though I wouldn't really want to meet someone who was.Registered User regular
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular

They also made Prey

The first one

7UVunkN.jpg
    edited December 2018
    Olivaw wrote: »

Square happened.

They also made Prey

The first one

Prey 1 has one of the coolest game openings ever, and was not as bad as people like to make it out to be.

el_vicio on
    5FEdw1A.png
    PoorochondriacLegacyBucketman
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Ok Fortnite, that's really cool and kids are gonna fuckin love it.

Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    SirEtchwartsWACriminal
    One of the things I like about Fortnite is just how much they change shit up, having community maps added to the main game is pretty rad

SirEtchwartsBucketman
    Oh damn

This "The Block" thing in Fortnite is cool

Also the fact that it apparently just happened live? That's great and dumb

jG0D9Pb.jpg
    Steam
    Oh yeah, Rage 2! That's a thing that could be cool

5FEdw1A.png
    SirEtchwartsCrippl3

Square happened.

Did it though?? Because they published the thing, but they didn't have creative control, did they??

I'm serious, tell me, I need to know, I have to

Never forget.
    Also I'm vastly, vastly more interested in Rage 2 than I should be, and certainly more than whatever dumb Far Cry game is attempting to ape their style

Never forget.
    Crippl3
    Oh yeah, Rage 2! That's a thing that could be cool

I feel the exact same way!

I think the marketing has been neat, and I hope the game is similarly neat

jG0D9Pb.jpg
    Steam
    el_vicio
    Oh damn

This "The Block" thing in Fortnite is cool

Also the fact that it apparently just happened live? That's great and dumb

Just imagine if you were in that area at that moment? Obviously the video on the show was pre-recorded, but the idea of just dropping a slab out of the sky..

He/Him
    SirEtchwarts
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Rage 2 looks like a lot of fun.

Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Is this MC Chris or have a survived to a year where I’m hearing someone try to sound like MC Chris.

Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    This makes Rage 2 look real good.

Olivaw
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I love FFXIV but "critics agree Final Fantasy 14 rises above expectations" is a hilarious self own to put in your trailer.

Der Waffle MousKamarBucketmanZonugal
    Still can't believe FF14 has come as far as it has.

He/Him
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    One of the things I like about Fortnite is just how much they change shit up, having community maps added to the main game is pretty rad

I keep thinking it's weird how it's not up for more awards, but then I remember it actually came out in 2017 with very little buzz

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Square happened.

They also made Prey

The first one

Prey 1 has one of the coolest game openings ever, and was not as bad as people like to make it out to be.

Prey 1 has a gatdang incredible opening. It's up there with, like, BioShock in my personal rankings.

el_vicioAzraithCrippl3darunia106WeedLordVegetaBucketman
    No lie, I kinda thought PubG was completely dead after Fortnite ate its lunch this year.

He/Him
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    The Game Awards is fuckin' long, huh?

BroloGarlic BreadLegacy
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    PUBGUH

REMEBER USGUH

Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    That Rage 2 trailer made it look way better than anything I've seen them show, it's just too bad your player character is so goddamn boring compared to everyone else in that universe

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Wait MK11 is coming to switch?!

Crippl3
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    PUBG mobile is the biggest game in the world I hate to be the bearer of this news.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png

Square happened.

They also made Prey

The first one

Prey 1 has a gatdang incredible opening. It's up there with, like, BioShock in my personal rankings.

Yeah. The one thing about it that actually bothers me is the native angle with the spirit walk and your sage old magical native uncle or whatever. That wasn't the best. But I even enjoyed the portal stuff and the level design around it, it was mindbendy for its time, even if Portal of course knocked that out of the park a year later

5FEdw1A.png