As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Does anyone else still have the Crimson Days milestone showing up on their director?
    3c5s14ddgpm0.jpeg

• Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Yup. Still there for me too. Fairly certain it's a reported bug but I haven't combed their issues list in a while.

Vladimer on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I know the response wasn’t great when I posted about this a couple of weeks ago but I thought I would try again because I got my first free weekend in a while

https://the100.io/game/1289366

Join my Sunday morning scourge of the past raid! If you never got a chance to do it or if you did it a bunch of times join up! Its a really cool and fast raid, and one of the fastest ways to level up currently.

Boss spoilers
    And you get to kill a metal gear, which is important

Plz join so I don’t have to buy Sekiro

@CptHamilton

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Seriously. I’ve been 3 wins away from fabled. Now I’m 6 wins away. I’m getting so tilted.

I lived at 0 comp points for like 4 games because of the shitty matchmaking.

My favourite was the game we won in a fairly close comeback where the next game the mm decided to take the best players from the other team and the best players from our team and put them on the same team vs most of the worst players from both teams. That game went as predicted.

I did better playing in the middle of the night actually. During like west coast prime time DestinyTracker's ELO tool was listing my chance to win almost all my games at ~30%.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Finally finished the Invitation of the Nine quest (just under the wire with the next one being available tomorrow).
    That's pretty neat! I'm a bit annoyed that you can get more than one Lore card a week (because I didn't do that, so will be behind). But I'm intrigued by the Lore card story, and the whole sequence of events
    with the Emissary in Flawless land, saying that there were 2 other entities who broke from their design besides Drifter. Now I want to know who she is talking about (without the speculation of datamining). I'm not sure if the Emissary is specifically talking about Guardians who overcame expected design, or it extends to like Mara and Oryx.

But overall a neat storytelling device, and much like the Truth to Power stuff, will get me back like clockwork each time I can get a new development.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping the Nine story goes somewhere.

The Queen stuff was a cool idea but fizzled out at the end.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    I'm hoping the Nine story goes somewhere.

The Queen stuff was a cool idea but fizzled out at the end.

Hasn't ended yet! I'm personally still expecting it to blow up again in the final week or final two weeks of the Truth to Power lore

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Seriously. I’ve been 3 wins away from fabled. Now I’m 6 wins away. I’m getting so tilted.

My favourite was the game we won in a fairly close comeback where the next game the mm decided to take the best players from the other team and the best players from our team and put them on the same team vs most of the worst players from both teams. That game went as predicted.

I did better playing in the middle of the night actually. During like west coast prime time DestinyTracker's ELO tool was listing my chance to win almost all my games at ~30%.
    I’m honestly at a loss. Whatever they’ve done to matchmaking since I last played comp in season 5 made it so much worse

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Finally finished the Invitation of the Nine quest (just under the wire with the next one being available tomorrow).
    That's pretty neat! I'm a bit annoyed that you can get more than one Lore card a week (because I didn't do that, so will be behind). But I'm intrigued by the Lore card story, and the whole sequence of events
    with the Emissary in Flawless land, saying that there were 2 other entities who broke from their design besides Drifter. Now I want to know who she is talking about (without the speculation of datamining). I'm not sure if the Emissary is specifically talking about Guardians who overcame expected design, or it extends to like Mara and Oryx.

But overall a neat storytelling device, and much like the Truth to Power stuff, will get me back like clockwork each time I can get a new development.
    'm 90% sure they're talking about Mara and Eris.

• Options

I’m honestly at a loss. Whatever they’ve done to matchmaking since I last played comp in season 5 made it so much worse

It's always been this bad on PC.

I used to think it was a group issue because, like, groups are legitimately a HUGE fucking problem for any matchmaking system and there's basically no way to properly deal with them, only kinda handwavey attempts at patching over the issue as best you can.

But this shit occurs in straight up 8/12 rando games. The game literally has a pool of 12 people and then distributes them with seemingly no system behind the process at all. It's fucking bafflling.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »

'm 90% sure they're talking about Mara and Eris.
    "Forgotten Blade, sharpened anew" could also be Quria or Rasputin

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    twab is up- https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47706
    There won’t be a cutscene every week, but that definitely wasn’t the last one you’ll see.
    pre-order cancelled
    The Iron Burden consumable is for the best of the best to challenge themselves by lowering their Power by 100, putting more focus on skill, strategy, and gunplay. With greater risk comes greater reward. For the brave, Saladin will be offering the Iron Burden consumable for purchase with 5 Iron Banner Tokens. There will be a new Triumph you can complete this Season by defeating 500 opponents while the Iron Burden debuff is active. Completing it will reward you with an updated version of Wizened Rebuke that is fully Masterworked and has a curated roll. You don’t have to complete this during the first event. Your progress will carry over to the next Iron Banner.
    this is a cool idea but i wish there was a reason to engage with it other than a triumph that I'll never get

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    ZAzJzG5h.png
    YIKES

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Look, speaking as a warlock who loves to light things on fire, and rocked the self-rez I D1 over both other subclasses most of the time:

Fuck Aunor.

They are why that graph looks that way

ronzo on
  • Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    Look, speaking as a warlock who loves to light things on fire, and rocked the self-rez I D1 over both other subclasses most of the time:

Fuck Aunor.

They are why that graph looks that way

Videogame players are so petty

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    I don’t think most players read enough of the lore to find out about aunors douchiness

Drifter wins for the same reason Dead Orbit always wins - coolness

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I mean the Aunor lore is hand delivered to your mailbox, most people probably read it and she does not come off well in it.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I like those new IB sets, especially the Warlock one, very back to basics.

• Options
    I went one of each at first, but if I had to choose it would be Drifter because he's cooler and more interesting.

I went 2 out of 3 for Drifter because he gives Gambit gear.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Wait, what the hell is Invitations of the Nine?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Wait, what the hell is Invitations of the Nine?

Bounty quest you pick up from Xur

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Bah, and I totally forgot to go see him last week. Figures.

• Options
    The lack of change for enhancement cores is dumb as hell

The masterwork system might as well not exist in the game with how many cores are needed for infusion.

• Options

The masterwork system might as well not exist in the game with how many cores are needed for infusion.

They just announced a change in the TW@B. And a good one it sounds like.

Basically those 3 blue scrapper bounties are going away and instead you will be able to trade gunsmith parts to Banshee for bounties that give cores as a reward.

I mean, it's apparently not coming till the next season which is silly as hell, but it's a good change.

• Options
    We've got one extremely cool player in the sunday raid!

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1289366

only you can make the sunday raid ride again!

• Options
    edited March 2019

Basically those 3 blue scrapper bounties are going away and instead you will be able to trade gunsmith parts to Banshee for bounties that give cores as a reward.

I mean, it's apparently not coming till the next season which is silly as hell, but it's a good change.

I knew what the weekly update said when I made that post, thats why I made it. The lack of change in how enhancement cores work is still dumb as hell.

My, and many other peoples, problem with them has only ever been tangentially related to the supply levels, in so far as they will never provide us with enough supply to make infusion and masterworking feel like they did before forsaken, as that would work counter to their stated goals of meaningfulness.

Taking away one source to provide another (that also drains yet another resource they feel people have too much of) that will still likely only pay out 1-2 cores at most is a bandaid on a chest wound.

We have no way of knowing if the planned change is good, but I highly doubt it will help much considering that one of the things they currently think is fine is a legendary quality consumable that only gives you one core per kill, and drops pretty damn rarely.

ronzo on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Introducing more consumables to help alleviate issues with Iron Banner is certainly one way of approaching its problems.

• Options

I knew what the weekly update said when I made that post, thats why I made it. The lack of change in how enhancement cores work is still dumb as hell.

My, and many other peoples, problem with them has only ever been tangentially related to the supply levels, in so far as they will never provide us with enough supply to make infusion and masterworking feel like they did before forsaken, as that would work counter to their stated goals of meaningfulness.

Taking away one source to provide another (that also drains yet another resource they feel people have too much of) that will still likely only pay out 1-2 cores at most is a bandaid on a chest wound.

We have no way of knowing if the planned change is good, but I highly doubt it will help much considering that one of the things they currently think is fine is a legendary quality consumable that only gives you one core per kill, and drops pretty damn rarely.

I'm not sure what the problem is honestly. The complaints have always been that cores are too rare. And unless you stockpiled pre-Forsaken, that's basically been true. It's a pain in the ass to get those things. So now they are adding more ways to get cores. Which should help with the problem.

• Options

I'm not sure what the problem is honestly. The complaints have always been that cores are too rare. And unless you stockpiled pre-Forsaken, that's basically been true. It's a pain in the ass to get those things. So now they are adding more ways to get cores. Which should help with the problem.

It's the problem that they created that doesn't need to exist. Making that problem less terrible isn't praiseworthy and it doesn't sound like it helps more than a little.

• Options
    What Arteen said exactly.

Bungie can’t solve the “too rare” problem without invalidating the reason they added the requirement in the first place.

• Options
    The other thing that’s pretty funny to me about the current infusion system? If it wasn’t for the enhancement core being a limiting factor, the planetary materials and glimmer costs would actually be a far bigger pain in the ass. As it is, I currently run out of both of those quite often.

Spider sort of solves this if you have a ton of stockpiled legendary shards, but only on days when he has what you want. And if I infused the way I used to, my stockpile of around ~1k wouldn’t last very long. And then we’re back to chest runs on planets to use a new gun, but at least that’s a guaranteed return for time spent over the current core economy. Glimmer always seems to be feast or famine due to the cap.

• Options
    What Arteen said exactly.

Bungie can’t solve the “too rare” problem without invalidating the reason they added the requirement in the first place.

Sure they can. The whole point of an in-game economy is generally to avoid both gluts and abject poverty. You don't want too many or there's no point to the system and you don't want too few or you can't use the resources. Right now the problem is "too few". You can push away from that without going all the way to "too many".

Arteen wrote: »
    It's the problem that they created that doesn't need to exist. Making that problem less terrible isn't praiseworthy and it doesn't sound like it helps more than a little.

Making things like infusion or masterworking a meaningful choice is a solid goal for the game's design. The problem is they fucked up because when they increased the demand for cores, they didn't also increase the supply. And for some stupid reason they've been reluctant to just make the most obvious addition of "give us a consistent way to grind out cores". At least, until now. And it's still gonna have to wait till next season for some reason. And then we gotta hope it's enough.

• Options
    I’m good with not going down this debate hole again. I don’t care for the lecturing tone you take when you disagree with someone’s take on a mechanic.

• Options
    Is it rude to relentlessly teabag opponents who cheated their way to Not Forgotten?

Because I think I might've done something rude last match.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I mean at the very least you're bringing yourself down to their level.

• Options

It's always been this bad on PC.

I used to think it was a group issue because, like, groups are legitimately a HUGE fucking problem for any matchmaking system and there's basically no way to properly deal with them, only kinda handwavey attempts at patching over the issue as best you can.

But this shit occurs in straight up 8/12 rando games. The game literally has a pool of 12 people and then distributes them with seemingly no system behind the process at all. It's fucking bafflling.
    I know it’s always been a problem on PC but it definitely seems way worse. Maybe from the changes they made halfway through last season.

Fabled took me two weeks in season 4, and I had it by the end of the first week into season 5. Now I’m struggling to get halfway through heroic and we’re week 3. And this is with double the glory. My win rate for the season is ten percent lower than the last two.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    So long as their stupid bounties give one enhancement core each, the system is bad. I don't care how I get the bounties, I don't care how many I can have at a time, if they give one core each they're bad and this system is bad and it should be changed.

• Options
    QxBt4tk.jpg

I guess I don't know why I expected to find anything else in the competitive playlist.

• Options
    holy fuck Arteen.

• Options
    Oh god. I did it and I can stop complaining now (sorry all). Fabled get, Recluse get. Como is done for the season except to help out friends