As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    TWAB should be going up sometime this morning. They're including the patch notes for the 29th with it, which was the cause for delay IIRC.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    Was there no TW@B yesterday?

Nope, it's coming today.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I haven't played Spire of Stars even once because the experienced Raid Teams seemed too disgusted with it to want to do it so often that they'd toss an invite in the direction of a non-regular. I do have ambitions to clear it eventually, just need a willing group.

I missed a bunch of stuff. Haven't run a single encounter (lair, prestige, etc) between Leviathan and Scourge of the Past, but I definitely want to!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2019
    I haven't played Spire of Stars even once because the experienced Raid Teams seemed too disgusted with it to want to do it so often that they'd toss an invite in the direction of a non-regular. I do have ambitions to clear it eventually, just need a willing group.

I missed a bunch of stuff. Haven't run a single encounter (lair, prestige, etc) between Leviathan and Scourge of the Past, but I definitely want to!

I can't guarantee anything, but if you give me a general time of when you’d want to run some lairs, I can try to set something up.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Frostees and Transversive Steps with decent rolls on sale with Xur. Get ‘em.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Getting Redrix's and Luna's back to back has been sort of disappointing. Those two things have been hanging over me to accomplish since I switched to PC back in September. They're done now. Not Forgotten is actually unattainable without region switching or win trading (because I suck), so I don't know what to do now. I guess I could try for Mountaintop but the double kills and medals steps are just so tedious.

Side note: my Competitive experience was really pretty good ever since the matchmaking change. A lot of my matches were a lot closer, and the occasional blowout was always us doing it.

I didn't know that implemented competitive matchmaking changes yet

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • Options
    Doesn’t sound like they’re going to implement any retroactive fixes for people who’ve already done a flawless SotP.

-_-

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

Thank God! The temptation was great.

Anyways, turned in a hoarded IB bounty. Bite of the Fox with opening shot, snapshot, and drop mag.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Boo to that powerful bounty change.

All that means is that it will take even longer to be raid-ready next time around.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I haven't been around for any other events/updates - what does raising the power cap do? Obviously it means if I have hit 650 by then I'm going to have to grind again to get to the new cap. But are they putting out content that requires that new cap, as well?

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Russad wrote: »
    I haven't been around for any other events/updates - what does raising the power cap do? Obviously it means if I have hit 650 by then I'm going to have to grind again to get to the new cap. But are they putting out content that requires that new cap, as well?

There's no new Raid coming, but maybe the "new Gambit activity" will be power level enabled? And there's always Iron Banner.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Russad wrote: »

Practically guaranteed.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Arteen wrote: »

All that means is that it will take even longer to be raid-ready next time around.

Hopefully they’ll follow up by making hoarding behavior unnecessary, by making it less of grind to be raid ready...

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

That's one way of looking at it. I see it as a change made to level the playing field rather than favor mega-hardcore grinders.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Bounty hoarding to jumpstart the power level grind was an abomination unto god and man

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options

That's one way of looking at it. I see it as a change made to level the playing field rather than favor mega-hardcore grinders.

The hardcore grinders don’t really want it. The world first for Scourge, Gigz, was on his twitter some weeks ago urging for bounties to be capped, to a lot of agreement from like-minded people.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Hopefully they’ll follow up by making hoarding behavior unnecessary, by making it less of grind to be raid ready...

A beautiful dream elki

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

Leaving the exploit in would probably do more to level the playing field.

Without the exploit you basically have to play non stop for a week to have any chance of beating a raid on launch weekend

EDIT: I wonder if they are also resetting the prime engram counter between seasons so you can’t get a pile of them in the first week

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

The hardcore grinders don’t really want it. The world first for Scourge, Gigz, was on his twitter some weeks ago urging for bounties to be capped, to a lot of agreement from like-minded people.

Datto finally released his thoughts on Scourge a few days ago and said the same shit. None of them like it as far as I can figure out.

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Well, I officially haven't played in over two weeks. Been enjoying Odyssey and some other titles, and have had no real urge to get in there and play.

I think BA killed it for me.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Any PC peeps want to do a raid Monday during the day, by any chance? Or possibly sometime on Sunday?

I'll check in Discord etc. later as well but I'm here at the moment.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Well, I officially haven't played in over two weeks. Been enjoying Odyssey and some other titles, and have had no real urge to get in there and play.

Yeah, I fell off around a month ago and I haven't been missing it. I'll check back for the Gambit DLC but I'm pretty much done til whenever Destiny 3 drops

And the saddest thing of all?

I never got that Telesto catalyst

• Options
    I got Jotunn finally!

This thing is hilarious.

Really, both Jotunn and Izanagi's Burden are tons of fun to use.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

Yeah, I fell off around a month ago and I haven't been missing it. I'll check back for the Gambit DLC but I'm pretty much done til whenever Destiny 3 drops

Same boat. Though I’d really like to see SotP past the opening encounter.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So they made bounties capped and levelling is still random chance bullshit with it being possible to get upgrades in the same slot 8+ times in a row?

Great.

Lootbox levelling, truly the wonder of modern gaming.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    WHOA ok. Golden Gun buff looks pretty dope.

• Options
    edited January 2019

I don’t want to tempt you back to the dark side if you’re happy taking a break, and it’s also getting a nerf soon, but if you want I can set up a prestige EoW run with a reliable bunch of people.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Gofannon forge unlocked. Ready to get me some more frames.

Of course I am way behind on everything, but I took two weeks off this month and I’ve been doing it all solo.

I might be insane for playing this game by myself.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    WHOA ok. Golden Gun buff looks pretty dope.

https://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Now how does that work with Celestial Nighthawk, I wonder?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

I don’t want to tempt you back to the dark side if you’re happy taking a break, and it’s also getting a nerf soon, but if you want I can set up a prestige EoW run with a reliable bunch of people.

I appreciate it, maybe if you guys are still playing when the next DLC hits we can set it up

• Options
    Dys wrote: »
    Now how does that work with Celestial Nighthawk, I wonder?
    That was my first thought as well.

I assume (don't remember + haven't checked) Nighthawk just depletes your super energy completely so the number of bullets you have doesn't matter.

This is an excellent PVE buff tho, might get me to not always run Lucky Raspberry.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    I've always had a special affection for Gunslinger, even when it hasn't necessarily been the most effective subclass. I'm glad it's getting a buff.

• Options
    I can somehow grind out 99% of a PvP triumph, and then become totally exhausted at the thought of attempting to get the last 1%

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Depends what that last 1% is.

The last 1% of my Dredgen title was an unbelievable slog.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Who can I wrangle to carry me through th Whisper quest?

• Options
    Who can I wrangle to carry me through th Whisper quest?

Xbox?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Sadly no, PS4. But thank you for the (implied) offer!

• Options