As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Slowva bomb is pretty good now yeah. Still probably worse than Chaos Reach with Geomags for most applications but a good option if you like the Void playstyle.

Idk, with Skull on, you get so much of your Super back on kills, like for example I bet it would kill the Primeval Envoys and you would immediately get it back to use on the Primeval

It's hard to say, but I think you'll see it get a lot more use now

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Oh, this is really cool. A rough compilation of Dreaming City dialogue.
    Apparently it's been changing weekly to reflect the fact that the place is stuck in a time loop?

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Nice unintentional joke!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Oh, this is really cool. A rough compilation of Dreaming City dialogue.
    Apparently it's been changing weekly to reflect that people are catching on to the fact that the place is stuck in a time loop?

Nice intentional post!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Is the story mission dialog actually supposed to be different each individual week?

I've gotten different dialog just from exiting and relaunching the same story mission on the same character.

• MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    So, I'd never really given SMGs much of a shot until today. Pulled my Huckleberry and Riskrunner out of my Vault, and grabbed a couple of decent Legendaries from my collection (Antiope-D and Mob Justice). Combined with these I slapped on a pair of Peacekeepers I had sitting around but hadn't looked at too hard before. It's actually been pretty fun so far. And the Riskrunner is fantastic in Bergusia Forge.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I kind of fell in love with riskrunner and now I use it in every fallen-centric strike.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Is the story mission dialog actually supposed to be different each individual week?

I've gotten different dialog just from exiting and relaunching the same story mission on the same character.

There's several different talks each one can give but there are ones that seem to come and go as the weeks go by.

• Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    I know what Petra says is random the first time you talk to her during a week, if you back out of it and talk to her again it picks one again. Think there was 3-4 she can say during a given week the time i tried it.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
    On a related note, I ran that Mercury Valus strike recently and loaded into one where one guy was already ahead, and it caused the dialog to glitch out and repeat itself, but occasionally the loops would get jumbled together.

"The Vex have activated their security grid."

"You have to admire the artistry of it."

"The Vex have activated their security grid."

"You really don't."

And stuff like that. They honestly couldn't have made a more perfect "glitch in the simulation" effect if they tried.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Anyone here try TLW in 4v4, yet?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Low key TWAB. Here is the ethereal change.
    Ethereal Keys from the Last Wish raid will have a maximum stack size of five.

If you currently have a stockpile, make sure you turn them in before the end of the Season, as any keys over the cap of five will be removed.

Burn down those stockpiles, friends.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Starting in Season 6:
    We’re returning to the Destiny 2 launch system for gaining clan experience. Go play activities in the game and you will earn clan XP and level up your clan.
    As a result, daily clan bounties are no longer needed, and have been removed from the game.
    There are now three weekly bounties that require playing with your clanmates to complete.
    There will always be one PvE, Raid, and PvP weekly bounty from Hawthorne. They reward Legendary gear and a big chunk of clan XP.
    As your clan levels its banner, the rewards you receive from these bounties grow.
    At rank three, you earn mod components when completing a weekly bounty.
    At rank four, you earn enhancement cores when completing a weekly bounty.
    At rank six, your clan will unlock a fourth weekly bounty.

We also wanted to briefly talk about the tier 5 perk for Season 6. The perk reads, “Crucible and Strike catalysts have an increased drop rate when playing with clanmates.” For those of you who haven’t found all the available catalysts, you’ll have a better chance to find the ones you’re missing. If you already have them all (lucky you), we plan to release a few more from our Year 1 reserve during Season of the Drifter for you to chase. They won’t be released day one of Season 6, but keep your eyes on the patch notes for availability.

Yay!

I wonder how they plan to handle the raid challenge bounties.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Starting in Season 6:
    We’re returning to the Destiny 2 launch system for gaining clan experience. Go play activities in the game and you will earn clan XP and level up your clan.
    As a result, daily clan bounties are no longer needed, and have been removed from the game.
    There are now three weekly bounties that require playing with your clanmates to complete.
    There will always be one PvE, Raid, and PvP weekly bounty from Hawthorne. They reward Legendary gear and a big chunk of clan XP.
    As your clan levels its banner, the rewards you receive from these bounties grow.

We also wanted to briefly talk about the tier 5 perk for Season 6. The perk reads, “Crucible and Strike catalysts have an increased drop rate when playing with clanmates.” For those of you who haven’t found all the available catalysts, you’ll have a better chance to find the ones you’re missing. If you already have them all (lucky you), we plan to release a few more from our Year 1 reserve during Season of the Drifter for you to chase. They won’t be released day one of Season 6, but keep your eyes on the patch notes for availability.

Yay!

I'm assuming that's the weekly raid bounty they are talking about a little farther down.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    So about that Bottom Tree Striker Buff......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLBy8oHax0o

Looks like it's basically the tree of Shaxx now.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I wonder if we could see a similar thing with attunement of chaos and skull of ahamkara. You basically get full super energy every time you detonate it against a few guys.

New Golden Gun:
    It's alright.

The damage buff is ... it's ok. It makes it feel like not a limp floppy balloon in PvE at least. The Six Shooter buff is good for a lark but it basically does what Blade Barrage does already, but slightly slower. And without any exotic to help you build the charge up again. The subclass overall still feels weak. The rest of both top and bot tree are pretty whatever and throwing knife is still garbage.

New Nova Bomb:
    Holy fuckballs, this is awesome.

The bomb feels HUGE and nasty. And Skull of Dire Ahamkara is the way to go. Throw the slowva bomb at a crowd of like 8-10 mobs and you are back at like 75% charge. And the extra orbs definitely curve hard back on targets now and do crazy damage. Definitely feels worthy of competing with Chaos Reach even if it's not quite as good.

New Striker:
    Ludicrous. Just fucking Ludicrous.

The subclass itself is actually really good on it's own. The punch seems to one-shot most red bars, especially with the buff from wounding an enemy or breaking a shield. And you get instant reload on your weapon with that, which is a really nice buff. And with Skullfort, you have it up basically 100% of the time. You can basically skip reloading. And it starts your health regen. The neutral game was always strong here and the big letdown was mostly the super.

But the super is now insane. It just doesn't end as long as something is alive. I've popped it at the start of Lost Sectors, killed everything and been looting the chest with still 50% of my super charge. And every kill starts health regen too. It makes Sentinel with Doomfangs look short. So good it might need a nerf.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Ugh blade barrage assholes are ruining the mayhem to get mountain top strat

Both enemy and friendly teams being nothing but bladey bois makes this impossible

616610-1.png
    This might be a really dumb question, but aside from bounties and forging weapons, is there any reason to run a forge? Are there increased chances of better drops, or is just basically Strike+ rewards without the other goodies.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    This might be a really dumb question, but aside from bounties and forging weapons, is there any reason to run a forge? Are there increased chances of better drops, or is just basically Strike+ rewards without the other goodies.

They can drop updated Y1 weapons that are sort of unique, like the new Show of Force is a kinetic high impact sniper rifle (unique combo). You also get 2 modulus reports from a successful forge so if you're farming rolls on a black armory frame it's usually most efficient to just farm forges.

They can drop updated Y1 weapons that are sort of unique, like the new Show of Force is a kinetic high impact sniper rifle (unique combo). You also get 2 modulus reports from a successful forge so if you're farming rolls on a black armory frame it's usually most efficient to just farm forges.

There's 2 other kinetic aggressive frame snipers. Bite of the Fox (IB) and Dreaded Venture (Gambit). Bite is better imo too.

I think Nova Warp is shit now. I'll have to fool around with it a bit more but as far as it plays, at least for me tonight, it doesn't do enough damage anymore to one-shot people unless you charge it up so they just run away from you and waste your super one way or the other.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Starting in Season 6:

Yay!

I'm assuming that's the weekly raid bounty they are talking about a little farther down.
    dmg04 wrote:
    Raid Challenge Bounties will be separate from the weekly bounties offered by Hawthorne.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/alvfka/this_week_at_bungie_1312019/efhkx4f/?context=1000

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)

I did some research after reading this and let me see if I have this correct:

You forge a frame for the first time. Get your new gun. Great, but it’s poop. I can then go back to Ada and grab thesame frame for two modulus reports?

If I’m understanding it correctly... wow. That’s a big deal. Trying to get another roll on a BA weapon doesn’t seem like such a chore anymore

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That's how it works - you can replace your frame for modulus reports after you've bought it once that week. EVEN if you delete it unfinished, which I learned personally.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
    Wow ok. If that’s explained in the game somewhere I completely whiffed on that. Awesome. I can try for some more hand cannons this weekend.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Quick Note: The first one is a powerful reward, and the modulus report ones won't be.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    I appreciate what they were trying to do with the BA Forges, in that it's an endgame activity that lets you be a bit more deliberate in your gear chase. But I wish they had gone further with the idea of forging your own weapons. Like, if I want a new Hand Cannon, let me choose between Lightweight/Adaptive/Precision/Aggressive frames, maybe select the sights and the masterwork bonus. Maybe they could have tied perks to certain activities, like "get X precision kills in Crucible to increase chance of rolling Outlaw" or something.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I did some research after reading this and let me see if I have this correct:

You forge a frame for the first time. Get your new gun. Great, but it’s poop. I can then go back to Ada and grab thesame frame for two modulus reports?

If I’m understanding it correctly... wow. That’s a big deal. Trying to get another roll on a BA weapon doesn’t seem like such a chore anymore

It's 6 modulus reports per new frame but yeah, you can make the black armory unique weapons as many times as you want trying to get a good roll. They drop around 20 levels below your current light.

edited February 2019
    Specifically every week you get 2 weekly quests that give ballistics logs. Exchange one of these for a powerful frame, which gives a powerful reward.

After you finish a powerful frame for a specific weapon, you can then buy additional non-powerful frames for 6 modulus reports. You can do this an infinite number of times if you have the modulus reports to turn in.. You get 1 modulus report per daily you do and 2 per successful forge run, so you can always farm more.

You only get 2 ballistics logs per week though, so you can only make 2 types of weapons per week.

shryke on
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    I think Nova Warp is shit now. I'll have to fool around with it a bit more but as far as it plays, at least for me tonight, it doesn't do enough damage anymore to one-shot people unless you charge it up so they just run away from you and waste your super one way or the other.

It's shit in PvE now, too. It still works well enough when you need to clear out a horde, but you have to pop it more often and it doesn't last long enough. With the reduced everything, it does even less damage to boss-type enemies.

Even taking the other tree skills into account, Fission lags behind Chaos and Hunger. Handheld Supernova is great, and the healing you get from general void abilities is easy to use, but empowering your grenade is generally a better option, and Devour is outstanding.

I really wish they had just given it a range and movement speed reduction, and removed the ability to go through walls. That would've been a good balance without ruining it, but instead they had to use a machete instead of a scalpel.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Starting in Season 6:

Yay!

dmg04 wrote:
    Raid Challenge Bounties will be separate from the weekly bounties offered by Hawthorne.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/alvfka/this_week_at_bungie_1312019/efhkx4f/?context=1000

Hmm that's odd. Why would I care about a raid bounty for just presumably completing the raid or a portion of the raid most of the time? Maybe if they have that bounty drop an extra piece of raid loot it would matter.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    ronzo wrote: »
    Quick Note: The first one is a powerful reward, and the modulus report ones won't be.

That’s fine because you can always feed the powerful but bad one into the new one for a few thousand glimmer .

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Wrapped The Last Word last night and that quest wasn't bad at all. I could have done with more PvP requirements and less "run a Lost Sector 15 times" but I know I'm in the minority there. I haven't actually had a chance to use it yet but I'm pretty excited.

I don't think Nova Warp's bad now, you just have to be mindful about how you use it. I don't like the damage reduction to other supers but it was never a great counter super. I am looking forward to getting back to the Attunement of Hunger and not feeling like I'm missing out but I used Fission some this week and did fine.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    i watched a video of the new striker titan and um wow

also

h7c7ww9nc3nm.jpg

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    I distinctly remember that striker was nerfed sometime in Y1 to prevent it from being able to last forever.

Silly Bungie.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    What's the best way to farm a Skullfort? I'd really like to start using it in Gambit matches. I have close to 1500 legendary shards from back when I played before, is there any way I can use those to get items?

milk ducks wrote: »
    What's the best way to farm a Skullfort? I'd really like to start using it in Gambit matches. I have close to 1500 legendary shards from back when I played before, is there any way I can use those to get items?

Buy the fated engram from Xur on your Titan and hope he sells it again.

I distinctly remember that striker was nerfed sometime in Y1 to prevent it from being able to last forever.

Silly Bungie.

I don't remember that. They nerfed shoulder charge and grenade recharge back in Y1 but I don't remember much beyond that for striker.

The duration feels good in PvP now imo. Bottom-Striker has always been pretty solid with the knee-slams and now it's even better. In PvE it might be a bit out of hand.