As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Kombat Kast in 15 minutes.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    There's no kostume kool enough for me to trade real world kash in exchange for digital koins that kan only be used on random chances at obtaining said kostume. Y'all need some impulse kontrol.

Gotcha

No, that c isn't a hard c, so it's perfektly akceptable to use it like that in reference to a Mortal Kombat statement.

Wait but what about Khameleon

I've definitely seen "kharacter" too

Even though those are 'ch' there technically pronounces with hard 'c's.

American English is fun! /s

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    ...meanwhile, my ass is STILL waiting for my digital purchase to unlock.

If you are in the US, shouldn't it unlock at midnight?

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    ...meanwhile, my ass is STILL waiting for my digital purchase to unlock.

If you are in the US, shouldn't it unlock at midnight?

Midnight ET, 9PM PT

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Man, Frost looks like a lot of fun.

That fatality is pretty cool.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    They are already addressing any progression worries that some early players have been griping about, so it sounds like it'll be good to go by launch tonight.

I'm taking tomorrow off just to play this all day like I'm in my 20s or something.

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    They are already addressing any progression worries that some early players have been griping about, so it sounds like it'll be good to go by launch tonight.

I'm taking tomorrow off just to play this all day like I'm in my 20s or something.

I was so ready to do the same, but then I completely spaced it and scheduled a meeting for tomorrow. I'm kicking myself.

• Options
    I never found Jax to be a fun character to watch before, but damn he looks really good in this.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    wow that temple stage looks amazing

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    wow that temple stage looks amazing

All the stages look stunning. In fact everything about this game looks jaw dropping

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    About the only stage I’ve seen that I could say I like less than the others is the desert one with the ED-209 turret thing in the background-it doesn’t have the sense of scale and place that the others (ruined temple, dragon fountain/kollector stage, gladiator pit, pirate ship, kano’s underground bar, etc etc etc) represent. I might even change my mind on the desert.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    The SF stuff in general tends to be pretty bland.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Krypt spoilers
    Spoilers about things in there not items you collect
    So apparently ermacis dead in the pit. And goro is cooked on his throne. Allegedly raiden did the latter?

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    5 hours till launch!

I'm going to mow the lawn, take a nap and prepare for time traveling ultra violence.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    I'm guessing they would have mentioned them by now, but are there stage fatalities?

MKX didn't launch with them, but they were added later.

• Options
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    I'm guessing they would have mentioned them by now, but are there stage fatalities?

MKX didn't launch with them, but they were added later.

There must be.

Don’t try to tell me that prominent cannon on the deck of the pirate ship is just decoration.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The SF stuff in general tends to be pretty bland.

That is a large part of why I love it so much.
    You've got all these vast temples and cities and underground death pits full of acid, then over there you've got a tent in the middle of a desert with a rocket launcher in it.
    For some reason the juxtaposition of the epic fantasy backgrounds with relatively run of the mill the sci-fi military stuff amuses me far more than it should.

• Options
    Playing the campaign (Aussie) it’s so good, I don’t want it to end.

The NetherRealm demons look awesome, they need to make a character out of one of them, like a general

Also spoilers for the campaign
    its crazy they have cyrax and sektor fightable in the campaign but not available to play, I wonder if they’ll do anything with those assets?

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Prohass wrote: »
    Playing the campaign (Aussie) it’s so good, I don’t want it to end.

The NetherRealm demons look awesome, they need to make a character out of one of them, like a general

Also spoilers for the campaign
    its crazy they have cyrax and sektor fightable in the campaign but not available to play, I wonder if they’ll do anything with those assets?
    that doesn't sound that crazy. it happened in MKX as well

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Ya X had a bunch of characters, like Rain and Sindel, that you fought in the campaign, but could never play as.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    I’m now at the point where I’m no longer clicking spoilers. Leaked characters, DLC rumors, sure. Stuff in the first few hours of the game I need to find out myself and react to as it happens.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I’m now at the point where I’m no longer clicking spoilers. Leaked characters, DLC rumors, sure. Stuff in the first few hours of the game I need to find out myself and react to as it happens.

Yep, I'm on media blackout on my deck having a Macanudo and glass of scotch, killing the last hour till it's Kombat time.

I'll only have 2 hours or so before I need to sleep for work tomorrow, but I plan on enjoying the shit out of those 2 hours.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Just preordered this! Thought I was going to wait for a sale, but I broke down after watching so much stuff over the past few weeks. Got it preloading on my PlayStation. It unlocks in an hour, and will finish downloading in 40 hours.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Kinda sucks that they arbitrarily decided to make PC folks have to wait till morning for no reason while advertising a global midnight unlock on twitter, IMO.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wait, what?

Damn, still 13 hours to go. I was hoping to play this when I got home.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    God damnit of course this wouldn’t be a fighting game without an insanely bullshit and long final boss fight

I got through the whole game pretty easy but this I’m finding impossible

Edit: done, so sad it’s over :( was awesome fun tho

Prohass on
  • Options
    Damn, server getting hit hard, my connection to the Kombat online stuff has come and gone 3 times in 10 minutes.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Damn, server getting hit hard, my connection to the Kombat online stuff has come and gone 3 times in 10 minutes.

Yeah can’t even customise my characters cos of it. Imma take a break

Man everyone hurry up and come into my Timezone so you can have unlocked and played the story already, there’s so much I wanna discuss

• Options
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    How long do the story modes take? Considering holding off and buying MK9 so I can play them in sequence.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Depends on what difficulty you set it to, but like 4-5 hours ?

• Options
    Played through the first 2 chapters, and this is some good shit.

NRS' cinematic team keeps getting better at facial animation, as MK11 is a clear improvement on IJ2.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Screw it, went ahead and plowed through Chapter 4. The level of quality is staying high. And I like the multi fighter chapters more than IJ2 so far.

Chapter 5's title is a giant tease that I can't sink into till after work tonight:
    Fire and Ice, with the original human Scorp and Sub-Zero

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Noob saibots helmet variants are fucking insane. You can turn him into a fucking nazghul or Sauron looking mother fucker

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Rhonda Rousey is just awful. She's fine when she needs to shout angrily, but whenever the scene just requires her to talk, she's completely flat and stinks up the place.

• Options
    I dunno I didn’t mind her, though it probably helps that she was carried by the rest of the cast. She’s a garbage human being tho

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Got it downloading in Steam. Playing some MKX to warm up and I’m so rusty at fighting games. This is gonna be good to relearn.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    It's pretty good on Switch but the graphics are worse than I expected based on all the reviews I had checked (admittedly not many). I don't care that much since it's still good and I suck at fighters so I probably won't be playing it too feverishly anyway.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I watched the 4h 15m IGN full cutscene movie last night. Of course, it included all of the fights that you get to do so seeing someone flail around beating up characters in between cutscenes was amusing. I watched it all at 1.75x speed because I didn't actually have 4+ hours to devote to viewing the thing.

I'd say the story is better than IJ2, but I think that's also because I'm more interested in the MK mythos than DC comic book stuff.

Very interested in seeing full clips of all fatalities/brutalities and the DLC characters as they get added in now.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear