As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Do they ever reveal who your character is in the krypt?

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Anyone know what the max number of brutalities is? Up to 4 on Shao Kahn.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Iblis wrote: »
    Tried the towers of time. Got to fight an opponent with a massively larger health pool than myself while occasionally getting hit by unblockable bullshit for heavy damage. Oh, I'll try a few times and, oh, apparently this tower is going away in fifteen minutes. Well, fuck me then.

Literally everything I hated about Injustice 2, back again with a vengeance.

When in doubt, make the AI do it

This does seem to work better, but is disappointing since I was hoping for excuses to mess around in the game more.

Still, got a lot more shit this way while playing Total War.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I didn't see this posted anywhere, but this is in the Steam Discussions board. Could help with the earlier problems with the Towers of Time and some issues with grind.
    Hello all,

First, we wanted to say thank you all for your feedback on Mortal Kombat 11 so far. We’re dedicated to bringing you the best experience possible and working to get the latest updates and patches live across all platforms.

We’re aware of the difficulty issues in Towers of Time, and while we’ve made some changes, rest assured there are more on the way. To help you along your way, everyone will receive:

· 500,000 Koins
    · 500 Hearts
    · 1,000 Soul Fragments
    · 1,000 Time Krystals

As always, if you’re experiencing issues, please send a ticket to our CS team at https://support.wbgames.com/hc/en-us. Thank you for being a part of the Mortal Kombat Kommunity!

For PC, we have two patches in progress. We’re aiming to have the first patch in the series released in the next day or two. This patch will include:

· Character tuning to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time
    · Reduce AI health to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time
    · Reduce effects and frequency of most difficult modifiers in Towers of Time
    · Updates to character move values
    · Overall improvements to stability, including crash fixes in menus and navigating UI
    · Fixed a problem where the game would not load using certain keyboard configurations
    · Fixed a problem where the game would not load due to non-English characters in the Windows user name

We’re aiming to release the next patch in the series early next week. This patch will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time
    · Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I keep exploring the krypt and keep opening up gigantic new areas

It’s pretty cool

Have you figured out how to
    lower that underground bridge? I have a terrible feeling that it might be something that lowers from the other side, after you’ve come the ofher way from somewhere else.
    you need the spear item. which is down the first path on the right if your looking at goro's corpse.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    The only thing i didnt like about the ending:

"Wuwu, we stopped Kronika from rewriting history how she likes it!"
    "Now lets Rewrite history how we like it!"

"Raiden....are we the baddies?"

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    The only thing i didnt like about the ending:

"Wuwu, we stopped Kronika from rewriting history how she likes it!"
    "Now lets Rewrite history how we like it!"

"Raiden....are we the baddies?"
    In her ending, Sonya kills Cthulhu and feeds him to her friends to turn them into gods.
    Then calls them her "God Squad".

So, I'm going to go with "Yes, we're all the baddies."

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I don’t know what it says about me but re: the Tarkatans
    I’m uncertain what kind of lasting alliance can be forged with a nomadic race of cannibals that literally skin people and eat them as a primary food source. Not that Kotal Kahn’s, uh, genocide efforts are in any way commendable either. I guess I hope they get less people-eatey when they can make friends instead of only meals.

• Options
    I’m uncertain what kind of lasting alliance can be forged with a nomadic race of cannibals that literally skin people and eat them as a primary food source. Not that Kotal Kahn’s, uh, genocide efforts are in any way commendable either. I guess I hope they get less people-eatey when they can make friends instead of only meals.

Well I'm pretty sure things like cannibalism, slavery, and murder are not all that illegal in Outworld, even excluding the tarkatans.

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    The Konsumables and arcade sticks is annoying. This was a big issue for me with Injustice 2. I'm not good at these games, and the extra buffs/assistance gained with Right Stick usage was helpful. Its for this reason that I'm sticking with a gamepad for now. I wish they would put in an alternate input for folks with Sticks. Maybe 3 or 4 buttons + a directions with the stick to activate these things.

Played a bit last night. I really enjoy the story mode and the fighting. The store and consumables and towers seems annoying. I'm not a hard core player so I don't mind it too much. I will be putting AI fighters into endless mode to get more coins during downtime.

Is the fight a boss with friends mode explained anywhere?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The point may be moot. It's possible Time God Liu Kang may rework the timeline so Tarkatans are all vegans.

On the other hand, people still die of natural causes, work out some deal with the Tarkatans so they don't have to remain nomadic (when you tend to kill and eat your neighbors, new neighbors probably aren't going to keep moving in).
    But, if they set up some kind of funerary service with a large population center... maybe some form of peaceful co-existence is possible.
    azith28 wrote: »

Well I'm pretty sure things like cannibalism, slavery, and murder are not all that illegal in Outworld, even excluding the tarkatans.

Under Shao Khan? Sure, all that was legal. Probably encouraged.
    Under Kitana Kahn though, who knows?
    We saw that under Kotal's rule "It was legal at the time" isn't a defense.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    So I enjoying everything pretty much in MK11 except this tower/konsumable nonsense.

I mean I can see what they have implemented but this just isn’t fun. Fighting a round with multiple debuffs which can only be barely countered with a consumable that you can’t reliably purchase or acquire multiples of just isn’t great.

If they did a Spirit system like smash or had a actual vendor similar to KI (not real money)would be handy.

I know some people will say “Get Good” but hey I just not prepared to bang my head against the wall for this. A challenge I will take but some of these tower fights are just ridiculous.

Other than this though, I am really enjoying MK 11.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    warder808 wrote: »

Boss has a lot of health. Hit right stick to tag in. That's about it.

Also, it may or may not set your controls to default and you might look like a complete jackass because you fail to block everything on the account of pushing the wrong button. Y'know, possibly.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    warder808 wrote: »
    The Konsumables and arcade sticks is annoying. This was a big issue for me with Injustice 2. I'm not good at these games, and the extra buffs/assistance gained with Right Stick usage was helpful. Its for this reason that I'm sticking with a gamepad for now. I wish they would put in an alternate input for folks with Sticks. Maybe 3 or 4 buttons + a directions with the stick to activate these things.

Played a bit last night. I really enjoy the story mode and the fighting. The store and consumables and towers seems annoying. I'm not a hard core player so I don't mind it too much. I will be putting AI fighters into endless mode to get more coins during downtime.

I'm glad I'm going pad this time around. I've mentioned it before, but I just can't make a stick work on NRS titles. My only gripe is I'm using a dpad only specialized fight pad that doesn't work in the Krypt. If I know I'm gonna be dinking around in there, I have to shut down the game and re-fire it up with my Xbox One controller so I can use the analog sticks.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    So for all of the people saying they're boycotting the game for various reasons, MK11 had the biggest launch in the franchises history.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    -Loki- wrote: »
    So for all of the people saying they're boycotting the game for various reasons, MK11 had the biggest launch in the franchises history.

Those kind of people are a vocal minority, I’m sure.

I’m only “boycotting” this game because I’m waiting for the edition with all the DLC. Once that hits, I’m going to buy the eff out of MK11.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Ah, the powerful "these videogame boobies aren't big enough" boycott contingent.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I don’t think we need to start that kind of discussion.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Story mode
    I know it is silly to talk about MK12 but given the events of this one it doesn't get much higher stakes/bigger than literally rewriting all of time. Liu Kang and kitana seem like they would be more involved in rewriting history so maybe there isn't even a mortal Kombat? I expect them to simply set events in motion and then relinquish control and we start over just minus kronika and presumably the other elder gods.

I a not sure how I feel when things are THIS cosmic. I kinda liked when it was "merely" stopping shao kahn. I do appreciate the time travel here more than I normally would.

Random aside but I guess older Johnny and a few other kharacters just sat out all the later events? I half expected them to show up despite being shot in the leg or whatever.

Overall I liked the story. The gameplay however still doesn't feel very mortal Kombat to me and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just rust

Oh also regarding geras:
    Does Kronika make him stronger each time he dies or is it a trait of his? Raiden claims he will fall forever but presumably if it is an inmate trait eventually he would've simply died enough times to becomes strong enough to both break the chains and swim back?

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    I mean, it’s unmistakably different from the older games, but in a good way. More fluid. They’ve reached a point where the ‘special’ moves are just blended into character movesets almost seamlessly.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Story mode
    I know it is silly to talk about MK12 but given the events of this one it doesn't get much higher stakes/bigger than literally rewriting all of time. Liu Kang and kitana seem like they would be more involved in rewriting history so maybe there isn't even a mortal Kombat? I expect them to simply set events in motion and then relinquish control and we start over just minus kronika and presumably the other elder gods.

I a not sure how I feel when things are THIS cosmic. I kinda liked when it was "merely" stopping shao kahn. I do appreciate the time travel here more than I normally would.

Random aside but I guess older Johnny and a few other kharacters just sat out all the later events? I half expected them to show up despite being shot in the leg or whatever.

Overall I liked the story. The gameplay however still doesn't feel very mortal Kombat to me and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just rust

Oh also regarding geras:
    Does Kronika make him stronger each time he dies or is it a trait of his? Raiden claims he will fall forever but presumably if it is an inmate trait eventually he would've simply died enough times to becomes strong enough to both break the chains and swim back?
    Well, he said drowning won't kill him, so his trait won't proc.

edit: Also, timeline got wiped out. Can't swim back from that.

reVerse on
  • Options
    I mean, it’s unmistakably different from the older games, but in a good way. More fluid. They’ve reached a point where the ‘special’ moves are just blended into character movesets almost seamlessly.

I felt the opposite actually. It feels significantly clunkier than normal and none of the special moves or kombos feel intuitive or smooth

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    This has to be the most accessible fighting game I’ve ever played. I’m really digging this game!

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    So Shao Kahn's hitboxes are essentially bugged. Until NRS fixes him, he's bottom tier, maybe even the worst character.

Shao's standing 1 whiffs on everybody's crouch block and on smaller hitboxes, standing 2 and 3 will whiff too. All these are highs and shouldn't be like this afaik. That basically makes it impossible to pressure anyone who knows what they're doing.

S1: Whiffs on entire kast crouch blocking.
    S2: Whiffs on all female crouch blocking and Noob Saibot.
    S4: Whiffs entirely on Noob Saibot crouch blocking and on all females at max S4 range. Up close it hits all females.
    F2: Whiffs on all females and Noob crouch blocking. Whiffs on every character at max F2 range.

Discovered S2 whiffs on more characters crouch blocking: Erron Black, Kollector, Johnny Cage and the list goes on.

This is a huge problem for the character given how the game wants you to pressure people and I have no idea how it wasn't noticed by NRS.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Skarlet is very good

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Skarlet is very good

My AI Skarlet has been monstering teams in AI battle, to the point I am considering learning how to play her.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    She is fun and pretty simple to understand and play. Need to play around with her custom moves more, just been using her enhanced blood ball and cell siphon.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I also like the accent they gave her. Gives her a gypsy vibe to go along with the blood magic. It gives her that little extra character push, like Kano becoming Australian.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

I felt the opposite actually. It feels significantly clunkier than normal and none of the special moves or kombos feel intuitive or smooth

Have you tried turning off negative edge? I know the gameplay felt off and unresponsive for me until I went into the options and turned that off.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    She is fun and pretty simple to understand and play. Need to play around with her custom moves more, just been using her enhanced blood ball and cell siphon.

Biggest bit of learning curve with her so far, at least for me, is adjusting to the stupidly huge range a lot her starters and combos have. With the decent projectile and good anti-air and whatnot I want to focus on a zoning and range control style but getting the spacing right to make sure I'm not wiffing and getting punished every 3 seconds is a balance I'm far from getting right at this point.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    btw, i dont know if this was just added, but last night a krypt chest dropped 2x lock picks. the description said it lets you open a chest without spending koins, but i tried one out on a sho khan 250 heart box, and it worked. saving the other for some of these huge koin cost chests ive heard about but nice they apparently work on those chests.

• Options
    Is there anything to actually do in the krypt or is it just exploration and unlocking stuff? The nods and Easter eggs are cool but eh I can read about those online

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Is there anywhere to check out a guide for the AI battle stuff? I currently just picked Jax, Noob, and Kabal as my defense team. I also left them all at the default setting since I have no idea how I should set that up. I heard that maxing Kombos and rushdown is op for Noob, but I have no idea.

I’ve been really enjoying the game so far, the tutorials are really in depth and teaching me a lot about the game and fighting mechanics, but the AI stuff doesn’t seem to tell me how it works.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Is there anything to actually do in the krypt or is it just exploration and unlocking stuff? The nods and Easter eggs are cool but eh I can read about those online

I think this is just about literally what the Krypt is for. MAYBE there’s more to it, but expect the exploration, puzzles, and of course, the chests.

I know this is not nearly the first Krypt ever, but it is kind of funny that NRS has managed to build a player character running around a world crowded with reward boxes. They don’t even feel like rewards! I’ve changed my mind on Shang Tsung-he’s less a Dracula inviting you over, and more of a supernatural dude with a serious hoarding problem.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    So I enjoying everything pretty much in MK11 except this tower/konsumable nonsense.

I mean I can see what they have implemented but this just isn’t fun. Fighting a round with multiple debuffs which can only be barely countered with a consumable that you can’t reliably purchase or acquire multiples of just isn’t great.

If they did a Spirit system like smash or had a actual vendor similar to KI (not real money)would be handy.

I know some people will say “Get Good” but hey I just not prepared to bang my head against the wall for this. A challenge I will take but some of these tower fights are just ridiculous.

Other than this though, I am really enjoying MK 11.

Take heart, good Gattsu!

Tower difficulty and drops rates are being adjusted, some of the changes have already gone live via hot fixes, the rest are coming early next week.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bhh961/official_mortal_kombat_11_update/

Hello all,

First, we wanted to say thank you all for your feedback on Mortal Kombat 11 so far. We’re dedicated to bringing you the best experience possible and working to get the latest updates and patches live across all platforms.

We’re aware of the difficulty issues in Towers of Time, and while we’ve made some changes, rest assured there are more on the way. To help you along your way, everyone will receive:

· 500,000 Koins

· 500 Hearts
    · 1,000 Soul Fragments
    · 1,000 Time Krystals

We’ve broken down the updates coming to each platform below. As always, if you’re experiencing issues, please send a ticket to our CS team at https://support.wbgames.com/hc/en-us. Thank you for being a part of the Mortal Kombat Kommunity!

PS4/Xbox:

We’re aiming to release the patch early next week. This patch will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty

· Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time

· Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)

Switch:

For the Nintendo Switch, we have two patches in progress. We’re aiming to have the first patch in this series released in the next day or two.

· Overall improvements to stability

The second patch is in progress and we’ll let you know as soon as we have a release date. This update will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty

· Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time

PC:

For PC, we have two patches in progress. We’re aiming to have the first patch in the series released in the next day or two. This patch will include:

· Updates to character move values

· Overall improvements to stability, including crash fixes in menus and navigating UI

· Fixed a problem where the game would not load using certain keyboard configurations

· Fixed a problem where the game would not load due to non-English characters in the Windows user name

We’re aiming to release the next patch in the series early next week. This patch will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time

Update

• Options

I think this is just about literally what the Krypt is for. MAYBE there’s more to it, but expect the exploration, puzzles, and of course, the chests.

I know this is not nearly the first Krypt ever, but it is kind of funny that NRS has managed to build a player character running around a world crowded with reward boxes. They don’t even feel like rewards! I’ve changed my mind on Shang Tsung-he’s less a Dracula inviting you over, and more of a supernatural dude with a serious hoarding problem.

It's fun finding mk1 stuff and seeing the area's I remember form various games more closely. Just don't think I'm going to spend much time in there

• Options

It's fun finding mk1 stuff and seeing the area's I remember form various games more closely. Just don't think I'm going to spend much time in there

As cool as it is, even if the chests were all unlockable from the jump, it’s gonna be such a chore to keep track of them and clean out an area. Maybe the map will start being demarcated into zones that will fill in once they’re cleared but I doubt it.

The original Krypt? An actual crypt, one giant room, vertical standing sarcophagi in a giant grid. Someone running around in the darkness (Noob, probably)

It wasn’t an amazing design but it still had mood and got the job done.

I think I would’ve preferred discrete treasure rooms on the island. Sure, scatter a few things outside if course, but gate off the sections so there is an intended progression built into the design.

• Options
    yeah i don't think i'm ever going to bother actually opening chests or crafting things unless it is required. probably just explore the island and call it a day.

• Options
    I think I’d like some mind of in-depth examination of the game minus the gear and the grind system. Like, on the basics of things.

Great stage assortment. Nearly every character playable right out the gate. Alternate costume for each character. Excellent animation/art style/character design and a very reworked fighting system that feels good. I don’t know anything about online but I assume it is at least a decent online setup.

All that, in and of itself, is great. I don’t know. I think it would be a worthy thought experiment. Along with a separate examination on how Mortal Kombat has shifted from secrets to unlockables to this current gear system.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I find the whole completely random drops thing kind of exhausting because The Krypt is mostly a very fancy and inefficient menu and I spent 3 hours playing the game and the half an hour spending my coins and ended up with a bunch of Sonya Blade loot that I couldn’t give less of a fuck about.