As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    That is unbelievably dumb

Also it bugs me to no end that they changed Geras blood back to red. I like the utherworldly construct blue. Or they should have made it gold to go with Kronika’s design theme

Also it’s weird that noob saibot has normal insides, they should have made them black

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    They never fixed it on injustice 2 so...

Also no pc patch to requirements

That's ridiculous. Seems like such a simple thing to patch.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Supposedly they can fix those from their end on consoles but have to actually patch on pc

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    So I saved up the needed 11500 souls to buy the material for and forge Shinnok's amulet so I could open up the last area of the krypt left. And... uh... I don't know why that cost so much aside from NRS giving me a big ol' double bird. All I've found is a lantern for a hellfire chest and a bunch of generic chests that I could have just reset for unless they have something unique, but I don't really wanna blow money opening them on the off chance that I'll get something decent when I can just save up for the shrine.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    So I saved up the needed 11500 souls to buy the material for and forge Shinnok's amulet so I could open up the last area of the krypt left. And... uh... I don't know why that cost so much aside from NRS giving me a big ol' double bird. All I've found is a lantern for a hellfire chest and a bunch of generic chests that I could have just reset for unless they have something unique, but I don't really wanna blow money opening them on the off chance that I'll get something decent when I can just save up for the shrine.

Pretty sure that's the Krypt's entire design document.

• Options
    Oh yeah. I figured as much, I've been pretty unhappy with it overall. But I figured, they have to have some heart chests or something locked behind here right? Well, technically the one hellfire chest, but that appears to be it. So uh... well, unless anyone REALLY wants a couple of okay looking Liu Kang/Kung Lao items from that hellfire chest, I would advise spending your souls on something else.

• Options
    Are you serious? So it needs 75 cetrion kills and 11500 souls and there’s nothing else behind it? I have like 1500 hearts but I’m guessing I don’t need them anymore since I’ve opened up all the other heart chests, I assumed there was a bunch in this last area but I guess not. They need to make a way to convert hearts into souls that doesn’t require the forge and those rare lantern drops

• Options
    I'll check it out a bit more later to make sure I didn't miss a path, but as far as I can tell all it had was the one lantern to open a hellfire chest elsewhere. Which compared to the 115 soul chests I could have opened is... frustrating.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    So I'm missing something in the mk time line. I rewatched 9''s story and am.on 10 now.

In 9 scorpion kills oruginal sub zero. Sub becomes noob. New sub becomes cyber sub. Then in X they fight a remnant sub yet still got and visit grandmaster sub zero who Johnny cage has known for years.

What am I forgetting ?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    So I'm missing something in the mk time line. I rewatched 9''s story and am.on 10 now.

In 9 scorpion kills oruginal sub zero. Sub becomes noob. New sub becomes cyber sub. Then in X they fight a remnant sub yet still got and visit grandmaster sub zero who Johnny cage has known for years.

What am I forgetting ?

Keep playing 10, they'll address it.

• Options
    Iblis wrote: »
    I'll check it out a bit more later to make sure I didn't miss a path, but as far as I can tell all it had was the one lantern to open a hellfire chest elsewhere. Which compared to the 115 soul chests I could have opened is... frustrating.

I took the time to clear out the chests in the unlocked area and... yeah, that was pretty much it. That one hellfire chest and a bunch of generics. Couldn't find anything with the blindfold either. So... yeah. If anyone was expecting a payoff for that, save yourself some irritation and spend your souls elsewhere.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    That’s so odd, I expected at least a few 250 heart chests in there. Ah well I’ve already spent the souls, just have the cetrion head to get which I’ll get naturally anyway

If there aren’t any heart containers left and nothing else to spend them on except very rare soul recipes which require those lantern drops, I’ll end up with thousands of hearts. Hopefully they add a way to convert hearts into other currency

Prohass on
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

What am I forgetting ?
    So original sub zero is still noob. His brother becomes the sub zero that gets turned into a robot. After robo zero gets killed his soul gets brought back as a revenant. Because the cyborg conversion only affects the body, not the soul, his revenant was in his human form.

In 10 when they go to Quan Chi's base and beat him up Raiden is able to use the weakend Quan Chi to free the revenants that were in the area (Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Jax) from Quan Chi's control, which turned them back into humans.

So because Sub Zero's revenant, the younger one not Noob, was in his human form he comes back as a human, not as a cyborg. This is the Sub Zero that Johnny takes the Kombat Kids to visit.

MK lore is way easier to understand if you just take it on face value and don't try to look too hard at it.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    This is probably my favorite MK game, but the gap in tiers between characters is the biggest I've felt in a fighting game in a long time.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I wish I could do Scorpion's crispy brutality without having demon breath equipped. Finding that move kinda useless. But I'm a sucker for that classic finisher.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Is there a trick to getting brutalities to pop? Even if I have a round of nothing but throws I can’t get Skarlet’s throw one to work reliably

You can't block the final round at all.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    Is there a trick to getting brutalities to pop? Even if I have a round of nothing but throws I can’t get Skarlet’s throw one to work reliably

That’s the universal d2 finisher

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »

That’s the universal d2 finisher

I haven't tried doing Skarlet's throw brutality but in my experience with Scorpion and Jade, the throw brutality only works if the very first chunk of damage from the throw ends the round. If they have any health remaining after that very first hit, it won't work. Oh and make sure you hold the throw button, of course, and don't hold any direction (unless the brutality requires a forward throw, but I don't think any of them do).

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I wonder what the locked third augment slot is for on gear?

Also some of the leaks about the dlc characters are looking awesome. How long is it usually before their first dlc comes out? Can’t remember how long it was with injustice

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    For fucks sake, beat the entire group battle against baraka by myself, game freezes during the fatality

Edit: oh thank god it still registered as complete

Prohass on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Was away on vacation for a week, and been out of the loop- have they said anything yet about balance passes yet?

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I love the sequence of events sometime. Beat someone up a few times, they always go to Scorpion / Noob / Sub to get revenge.

Every. Time.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I wonder what the locked third augment slot is for on gear?

With Injustice 2 at some point with their ongoing service plan, they added extra loadouts at higher levels that were released with later DLC. So I imagine at some point that 3rd slot will unlock with gear later, and you will have reason to go back and grind out that third slot at some point.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Man I have like 3000 hearts now, nothing to spend them on. I guess hopefully dlc characters will add new heart chests?

Also someone was saying before you don’t get new heart chests for unlocking the elder gods puzzle. While that’s true,the regular chests in there are unique and have skins and gear that isn’t available elsewhere in the krypt. I know this because the regular recharged chests in the rest of the krypt have long since run out of gear and costumes for me, like the last 300 I opened have never got me a single piece of gear or clothes, but the new ones in new areas instantly have clothes and gear.

However it’s still not very much given how much resources and time it takes to unlock

Prohass on
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Zero Punctuation Yatzhee finally gave me the answer I’m looking for.

That Noob sounds like Dr M.A.D from claw in inspector gadget.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    My wife said the exact t same thing about noob's voice.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Zero Punctuation Yatzhee finally gave me the answer I’m looking for.

That Noob sounds like Dr M.A.D from claw in inspector gadget.

Wait, wasn't he called Dr. KLAW?

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Yes he was....teaches me not to post half tired on a night shift.

I will get my coat...

• Options
    Yes he was....teaches me not to post half tired on a night shift.

I will get my coat...

Don’t worry you’ll get them next time

• Options
    I’d love if they made some skins with the revenant armour but regular skin. I like the armours but the bluey green skin doesn’t look great

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I just want all the character portraits on the select screen to be non-revenant. The row of gray yellow eyed people can be hard to parse sometimes.

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    I just want all the character portraits on the select screen to be non-revenant. The row of gray yellow eyed people can be hard to parse sometimes.

I was hoping they would switch the portraits to your chosen default variation, but sadly not the case.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    I was hoping revenant and human variations would have different dialogues

• Options
    Not sure if they are randomized or not but I got some decent non-revenant skins off the character specific tutorials. They are super easy and fast to do.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'd settle for the revenants looking interesting to begin with

the grayscale skin was a mistake, it makes their outfits look more same-y than they already do by virtue of being Evil Spiky Generics

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Wasn’t Scorpion a revenant? Why wasn’t he all grey?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Wasn’t Scorpion a revenant? Why wasn’t he all grey?

He's a spectre, which is different. More of a hellfire skeleton type of thing.

Also different from a Wraith. (Noob's weird shadow duplicate thing is because he's a wraith.)

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I don't know if there's any kind of official lore reason for why the different types look different, but one can make some assumptions.

Scorpion looks the most normal because he made a bargain. He's still himself for the most part, but chooses to serve as payment for his vengeance.

Noob looks the way he does because of the way he died (note that unmasked Noob has no nose or ears, because it's soft tissue that got burnt away) and the new source of power given to him. After he got roasted, Quan Chi was all like "if you had these awesome shadow powers you never would have died like a total chump", and Bi-Han, being the power hungry asshole that he is, was all like "you're right, gimme some of that". So now he looks like a shadow.

The revenants look the way they do because they're undead slaves. They have gray skin because they're dead, they have those weird little cracks of yellow/orange energy because that's Shinnok's corruption. And since they're slaves, Quan Chi doesn't really care what they look like.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Personally I like the way the revenants look. I don't mind the variety provided by the various other skins but if I was playing those kharacters or had the option for a revenant skin on others I'd probably go with it

• Options
    https://ew.com/movies/2019/05/14/mortal-kombat-james-wan/

Apparently we have a new Mortal Kombat movie incoming. My expectations are... not high.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg