As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    HD Digitized actors! Do it!

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    HD Digitized actors! Do it!

As I understand it they started work on exactly that a few years ago but it got canned. At this rate if they ever release "upgraded" versions of MK1 2 or 3 I'm not expecting new digitized actors. At best they do some high quality upscaling off the original captures (if the tapes are still around... the actors were captured on VHS, sadly).

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I bought the old collection when it was briefly available. There was one with 1-3 right? I wonder what's different

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I bought the old collection when it was briefly available. There was one with 1-3 right? I wonder what's different

Actually being functional would be a start.

• Options
    I don't remember anything other than buying it and playing if briefly.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I think I remember that on PS3. It was just the unaltered arcade versions I believe.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    A rebuilt MK1/MK2 with new actor footage would be incredible. At this point I would even be down for some kind of reveal about what went down when they tried to remake them a few years back but had unspecified issues that used up their budget. I’m guessing they must have gotten too ambitious while essentially rebuilding all-but-forgetten techniques from the ground up.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Spawn is nifty and I like the character, but I'm so sick of Todd McFarlane and his crappy toys he's tainted by association

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Hmm. He seems slow and stiffer than I would have expected. But at least he has his cape and not some stupid axe.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Those Warner Bros/DC Direct to video movies have been pretty decent. Some are just ok but more than a few are quite good. I was pleasantly surprised by Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Some legit creative uses of those IP.
    The Batman rogues gallery getting mutated by the ooze - hilarious and awesome.

Maybe we’ll get a DC vs MK animated movie.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    My dream is an action brawler like Arkham asylum etc but you play as scorpion and subzero on an adventure across the realms. I loved their team up in the mk11 story

Prohass on
  • Options
    I’d like more of those MK adventure games. Only if they’re a hell of a lot better than MK Mythologies. Did Shaolin Monks turn out any good? I never played it because I was a stupid Nintendo fanboy at the time.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Shaolin Monks isn’t a great game but it’s far and away the best of the bunch in terms of non-fighter MK games. I have fun memories of it but not sure how it would hold up playing it today

Prohass on
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

I'll watch it. I've enjoyed most the MK media. The first movie is decent, although the script was better. I have a first or 2nd edition of the script. Anyways. One is decent to good, 2 is silly fun, the cartoon wasn't bad, and the recent youtube series was good. I'll probably like it.

• Options
    I'm having a hard time giving anything approaching a fuck about Spawn.

Have they said anything about more DLC fighters or is this it? I seem to remember Sheeva being part of a leak way back when that had Terminator and Joker. Would be a shame if they canned her, especially since she appears in the MK11 story mode.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    She’s heavily tipped for kombat pack 2

• Options

I'm no fan of Spawn, however being voiced by Keith David makes him several degrees more awesome.

• Options

I'm no fan of Spawn, however being voiced by Keith David makes him several degrees more awesome.

Didn't he do the voice for the HBO cartoon back in the day? I remember watching that as a kid even though I'm sure I shouldn't have

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Saw this popup today:
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/2020/03/19/mortal-kombat-11-spawn-skins-screenshots-details/#20

If you're interested in the different ways your Spawn can look.

I think Spawn looks pretty good with white and teal:
    t3d9hia52yvr.png
    Lord Covenant

• Options
    Angel of Mercy skin looks like Deadpool

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Why is there no Shoe Lace Face Spawn?

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Anyone else watch the scorpion movie?
    I liked it. The whole kronika thing I guess lets them always say "well this was just one of the bazillion iterations!" Since this deviates from multiple other MK1 stories

I wasn't completely into the weird splicing of the gore with the artistic x-ray stuff. That being said it was a very u ique and interesting style

• Options
    I watched it, it was a fun time and I hope there’s more on the way

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Wait... what?!? Spoilers, but Netherrealm just put this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CYfArbvwgA

Story DLC?

• Options
    Wasn't expecting story DLC. That's a new one. Also, isn't that the bad ending?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    The first part was in the good ending. The stuff at the end was all new though I think

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    It's following on from the lose one round ending. In the "best" ending Raiden stays with the Dinosaurs and Liu Kang is with Kitana at the beginning of time.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Fuck yes give me all the story

I’m hoping we get some new stages too if there’s more story

Prohass on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    i'm excited as well. primarily, well almost solely, for the story. i don't care about robocop or friendships. the character additions are cool but i have been very curious how they'd manage to reset things to the next installment

who is the head sheeva is tearing in half?

Also the music is hype

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    So I think I’ve got this right...

Free update - stages, friendships, stage fatalities
    $40 for Aftermath (story, 3 chars, 3 skin packs)
    $50 for Aftermath and Kombat Pack
    $60 for MK11, Aftermath, and Kombat Pack

The “Kollection” pack is a really good deal for anyone who doesn’t have the base game.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    Fujin and Sheeva. Fuckin finally. Also, stage fatalities? Yes please.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    $5 says
    Shang Tsung winds up being the reason why Lui Kang can't or won't make the reboot universe free of evil.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    $5 says
    Shang Tsung winds up being the reason why Lui Kang can't or won't make the reboot universe free of evil.
    From the trailer, it looks like they need the crown to restart history, and you can't get the powered up crown without the souls, and you can't get the souls without Tsung. So he's got his spot in existence, at least.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    So I think I’ve got this right...

Free update - stages, friendships, stage fatalities
    $40 for Aftermath (story, 3 chars, 3 skin packs)
    $50 for Aftermath and Kombat Pack
    $60 for MK11, Aftermath, and Kombat Pack

The “Kollection” pack is a really good deal for anyone who doesn’t have the base game.

Wait, so everything is only $60 but if I only bought the base game I'm looking at $50 to upgrade? That is some bullshit to people who bought the game at/near release