As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Aftermath:
    Also I guess Sindel killed Sheeva because otherwise the Shokans' reaction makes no sense.

reVerse on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Aftermath:
    Also I guess Sindel killed Sheeva because otherwise the Shokans' reaction makes no sense.
    the shokans reaction makes no sense period. Even if Kitana was going to betray them, she ain't going to do it while she still needs their support for the war to decide the fate of all reality. Meanwhile Sindel was the wife of the evil asshole who ruled over them, had only been back for a hot minute and had basically done nothing of significance for the shokan in that time.

Given how stupid that was, I didn't even consider Sheeva might be dead given there was no killing blow.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Aftermath:
    the shokans reaction makes no sense period. Even if Kitana was going to betray them, she ain't going to do it while she still needs their support for the war to decide the fate of all reality. Meanwhile Sindel was the wife of the evil asshole who ruled over them, had only been back for a hot minute and had basically done nothing of significance for the shokan in that time.

Given how stupid that was, I didn't even consider Sheeva might be dead given there was no killing blow.
    I got the impression that all of the Shokan held Sindel in some kind of awe. Kitana said they'd be super-stoked to have her fighting with them (paraphrasing, but that's the gist).
    But on the whole they're all think with their fist types; offer them an option to be violent and they'll grab it with all four hands.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I really hope in the next expansion they do a redemption arc for Cetrion, maybe even Geras if he’s freed from Kronika. Like they feel like great villains to expand more and give a bit more depth. Like I’d love to see Geras coming to terms with all he’s done for Kronika, and the uneasiness of freedom. And I can’t be the only one who felt bad for Cetrion who basically had an abusive mother who created her just to be destroyed.

Also I low key want Cetrion and Raiden to hook up

I'd be shocked if they did another expansion.

The word is, apparently from reliable sources, that they've got two more planned.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Although I haven’t finished the new story content I’m very curious to see how they would intend to make two more chapters to what they have.

Really enjoying Shang Tsung’s whole deal here-nothing gets a rise out of him, and he’s spending the whole story being “Yeah, I’m sure evil, but so what? Have I ever not been evil? Get over it, we have stuff to do.”

I wonder if Shang Tsung can say anything at all and not sound sinister:
    "I enjoy... picnics."

So, no.

• redundant_pairingredundant_pairing Registered User regular
    is there another expansion coming out for this? I have it for PC along with all the extras (same can be said for all the modern fighters) but haven't played it (same can be said for most of them lol). But there is no Ermac or Smoke which have been my staples since MK3... I've been waiting for them.

edited May 2020
    I don’t know if they’d be able to do this, but I’d love for if they do another expansion for it to be
    the first ever tournament with the great Kung Lao 400 years ago, so all old time costumes and no modern characters. Or hell if they must use those assets, time travel shenanigans drag them In. Also goro!

Prohass on
    Heh, that reminds me when, as a wee lad, I wrote down some ideas for a Mortal Kombat 0, which would have been the tournament 50 years before MK1. I don't remember much about it, except that one of the characters was a female sorcerer trying to woo Shang Tsung, because I was a dumb kid who wouldn't have known what a Bechtel test was if it bit him in the ass.

TWO more expansion.. Huh... I wonder
    Expansion 2 is Fire God Lui Kang reshaping the timeline towards peace in his universe.

Expansion 3 is Shang Tsung finishing conquering the realms in his universe.

MK12 is Good universe vs Evil Universe

That said, if each expansion is $40, woof, that's kinda pricey.

Heh, that reminds me when, as a wee lad, I wrote down some ideas for a Mortal Kombat 0, which would have been the tournament 50 years before MK1. I don't remember much about it, except that one of the characters was a female sorcerer trying to woo Shang Tsung, because I was a dumb kid who wouldn't have known what a Bechtel test was if it bit him in the ass.

Expansion 2 is Fire God Lui Kang reshaping the timeline towards peace in his universe.

are those two confirmed?

are those two confirmed?

Sorry, that was speculation. I didn't even know there were apparently two more expansions planned until today.

I really hate that so much iconic gear is hidden in timed Kronika chests that only come up like once every couple of months, and that you can miss if you don’t check their feed daily. Like jaxs mk3 arms and Lui kangs iconic red and black pants costume are in those. So even though they’re my favourite characters and I have basically all of their stuff, I still don’t have that. It’s a dumb system. Like give me a ridiculous grind over this kind of grab it now limited time only shit

When they say expansions, do they mean this size, or just new fighters and the like?
    I'd like a side story mode with the guest fighters who don't really fit in the main story, so Robocop, Terminator and Joker get some weird plot.
    Thinking of guest fighters, just coming of a Robo/Shao Kahn intro dialogue, what are the odds they could get Judge Dredd?

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    They could probably get Judge Dredd pretty easily, or at least license him. But I think the issue there is he would be very similar to RoboCop, play style and aesthetic wise

Trying to figure out why my main drive was full and realized a full install of Mortal Kombat is now like 100 gigs.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    This DLC was great. Just listening to someone who knows they are a ridiculous villain and doesn’t care what anyone thinks of their inevitable betrayal was so great.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Aegeri wrote: »
    This DLC was great. Just listening to someone who knows they are a ridiculous villain and doesn’t care what anyone thinks of their inevitable betrayal was so great.

It helps that Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is just [i[relishing[/i] the role.

Is it just me or has the game been crashing a lot for anyone else since aftermath? Usually on the last fight in a ladder, like to a point where it seems like the games fucking with me. I’m on Xbox one x btw

Joolander wrote: »
    They could probably get Judge Dredd pretty easily, or at least license him. But I think the issue there is he would be very similar to RoboCop, play style and aesthetic wise

when has having similar characters ever been an issue in Mortal Kombat

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Since every character can be any color

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

when has having similar characters ever been an issue in Mortal Kombat

Every one of those Ninjas is completely and totally unique and original.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Huzzah! Finally got the Klassic Kitana skin. Since I got the game I’ve been saving my funny money for it. I just want classic looks for all the characters. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    So any one got a Jinsei augment? Been running towers and brutal challenges but no luck.

Came back to the game for aftermath and while it’s a tad expensive the story was pretty good.

Also Tagawa is just great in aftermath and he is totally leaning into his movie role character which for me is Shang Tsung always.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Smells like a troll move to stick some bogus references in there for data miners to find. Boon loves trolling people begging for Rain and Mileena.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Yeah, this is gonna be the long-rumoured character; Charmill.

edited October 2020
    Is RAM the only evidence of rambo? Could it be something else? Or has their been hints of him before?

Also my fervent hope is the extended support for MK11 is because they’re doing a non fighting game to take a break in the meantime. Like maybe team up with the shadow of Mordor guys and make a MK action game (Shaolin monks or fire and ice) with a nemesis system

Prohass on
    edited October 2020
    Prohass wrote: »
    Is RAM the only evidence of rambo? Could it be something else? Or has their been hints of him before?

About a week before Aftermath launched, a person on Reddit posted what turned out to be an accurate plot summary, accompanied with predictions for future content. He seemed certain that Rambo would be the next guest fighter, with Mileena and Rain as very likely returning characters.

reVerse on
    If that’s the case that’s a bummer. Not really a big Rambo person, and again he’s another character that likely won’t have a big visual range to his gear items.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    It's a shame Ash didn't work out. That would have been fun.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    This may not be what people might want in future DLC but, hear my suggestion out: Duke Nukem.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    This may not be what people might want in future DLC but, hear my suggestion out: Duke Nukem.

Duke is contract bound to only appear in terrible games, so no go

edited October 2020
    Hey he was in bulletstorm kinda!

Also I standby that I want a duke nukem reboot where he’s like an Austin powers relic and has to learn to better himself for like the sake of a younger daughter and a world that’s passed him by. Mainly cos it would piss of grumblegaters

Prohass on
    That's never going to happen because the people who own the rights to the character think he's really cool and awesome as is.

Also, October 8th for stuff:

Yeah I’d be fine with a the same story but basically a “duke nukem style” character, just the archetype will do

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm not opposed to Rambo simply because it would mean we could do Arnold vs Stallone and that would be neat, however I really dislike gun based characters in MK. Hopefully they'll go more knife and archery based.

It’s 100% because of the Stallone v Arnold YouTube’s that will send sales through the roof. Like I’m not at all interested and I feel like I would prefer almost anything else, but I have no doubt it will sell loads, especially as an individual character purchase which drives a lot of their thinking on these characters