As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    2019 Development plan: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2310063

3.6.0 in March, 3.7.0 in June, 3.8.0 in September and 3.9.0 in December. Each of these are the usual challenge league with an expansion style thing we're used to. 3.10.0 in March 2020, 4.0.0 mega-expansion later in 2020.
    ExileCon this November will have 3.9.0 announcement and demos, and a 4.0.0 preview. Tickets coming in the next few weeks.
    PS4 version is coming this year, release date will be announced "in the near future."

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

3.6.0 in March, 3.7.0 in June, 3.8.0 in September and 3.9.0 in December. Each of these are the usual challenge league with an expansion style thing we're used to. 3.10.0 in March 2020, 4.0.0 mega-expansion later in 2020.
    ExileCon this November will have 3.9.0 announcement and demos, and a 4.0.0 preview. Tickets coming in the next few weeks.
    PS4 version is coming this year, release date will be announced "in the near future."

4.0.0 is supposed to be the big visual update, right?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Yeah, new character models and animations for the main player classes, at least.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    I definitely had an accidental Izaro quote at work today. I started a new job recently and one of my coworkers was training me, and he said that sometimes you just have to struggle through something to learn it, to which I responded:

"Yeah you're right, wisdom is the offspring of suffering and time after all"
    "Oh wow, I really like that. Who said that?"
    "I'm not sure! I was trying to think of it as I said it. It's probably from something really nerdy, but I know I've heard it recently.."
    *thinking*
    ".. Oh yeah, Path of Exile."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »
    I definitely had an accidental Izaro quote at work today. I started a new job recently and one of my coworkers was training me, and he said that sometimes you just have to struggle through something to learn it, to which I responded:

"I'm not sure! I was trying to think of it as I said it. It's probably from something really nerdy, but I know I've heard it recently.."
    *thinking*

At least it wasn't "SLOWNESS LENDS STRENGTH TO ONES ENEMIES."

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

*thinking*

ONLY ONE OF YOUR LESSONS WAS COMPLETED, NEW HIRE

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

*thinking*

ONLY ONE OF YOUR LESSONS WAS COMPLETED, NEW HIRE

MISERY LOVES COMPANY, I SUPPOSE.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    semi nsfw
    1dXnsaf.png

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options

i think one of the devs stated they are re-working the rigging models, which in theory means female maurders, male templars etc. any character model on any class, along with brand new ones

issue is that they have alot of items on the current rig and fixing it all takes forever

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    My retooled Occultist does 1.7m Shaper DPS without flasks or any special conditional shit, and does that DPS in gigantic AoEs while running around singing and dancing

Turn on Vaal Cold Snap and now she's doing 2.2m Shaper DPS

While having 10k ES at level 86

You got a pob link? I need some ideas although I can't check my own stuff since xbox. I do love the build. The running around singing and dancing is a feature but it didn't save me from Catarina who I tried and failed last night mostly due to not really understanding the fight and getting bored and going Leroy Jenkins at the end.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Just did Uber Elder deathless, easiest cakewalk kill I've ever done

This build puts my 50ex RF Guardian from last league to absolute shame

Edit: voidforge lul, mathil please make a build with this

Rius on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Sure; this is my current state of things

https://pastebin.com/Br8LnNQP

Thanks. I thought I was the only one using meek in the build :biggrin: I like the idea of going low life if I can get my hands on a shavs. Your belt seems pretty unlikely.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I can't lay claim to the idea, stole it from Invalesco's reddit post of a couple days ago

I basically cribbed the tree and setup from him too vOv why reinvent the wheel

The belt was... cheaper than it should have been, I remember that. Less than an exalt, maybe 100c? I don't think people value ES Stygians that highly. Certainly a Shaper Crystal Belt like this would have been $Texas.

Rius on
  • Options
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

this is a family forum

• Options
    edited January 2019
    So, I managed to fill out all my resistances with just rings/amulets, aspeed and crit chance for other slots?

Nvm, I think I have something sorted out for a while at least.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    So, I managed to fill out all my resistances with just rings/amulets, aspeed and crit chance for other slots?

yup! although life should be number 1 focus, and crit multiplier and attack speed are your big damage boosters

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    What should I replace my mana flask with? Currently running two health, one quick, one basalt, one mana.

• Options
    I like diamond flasks for crit

the phasing/dodge flask also very strong

its more important to have flask that negate bleed/freeze/curses tbh

basalt is armor? you could start dipping into dps/QoL flasks like Atziris Promise, Lions Roar, Taste of Hate, Sins Rebirth etc

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    I like diamond flasks for crit

the phasing/dodge flask also very strong

its more important to have flask that negate bleed/freeze/curses tbh

basalt is armor? you could start dipping into dps/QoL flasks like Atziris Promise, Lions Roar, Taste of Hate, Sins Rebirth etc

Yeah, I was using armor flask as a crutch earlier, but I'll probably keep it around anyways. I need to work on getting my flasks all the right mods, I've just been lazy about it.

• Options
    The flat armor flask when you don't have any armor at all is actually pretty decent

• Options
    The flat armor flask when you don't have any armor at all is actually pretty decent

I much prefer a granite over a basalt mostly because it has 2 uses from full right away and doesn't need super lucky rolls

I get that a basalt is strictly better when fighting bosses but if the fight goes past 6 seconds you probably don't still have your basalt anyway

Although Stibnite is the best thing. Super low charge usage. 50% evasion. Easy to carry an ailment removal on it. Every build of mine uses one. Except if I go Unwavering Stance or Kaom's Roots which I just kind of don't do

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

I much prefer a granite over a basalt mostly because it has 2 uses from full right away and doesn't need super lucky rolls

I get that a basalt is strictly better when fighting bosses but if the fight goes past 6 seconds you probably don't still have your basalt anyway

Although Stibnite is the best thing. Super low charge usage. 50% evasion. Easy to carry an ailment removal on it. Every build of mine uses one. Except if I go Unwavering Stance or Kaom's Roots which I just kind of don't do

Sorry, I misremembered. What I've been using is a Granite flask.

• Options
    I was just commenting on the two in general. I took armor flask to mean Granite. But you'll see most build guides recommend a basalt because obviously the only thing that matters is pure math.

Granite is a lot easier to use and does enough to help you survive during general mapping, Delves, Syndicate encounters etc. It's less useful against bosses (especially Elder guardians and Elder himself as their most dangerous attacks are mostly elemental) so I tend to switch flasks up for those fights.

Probably the only time I'd definitely want a Basalt is for uber Lab, since both Argus and Izaro hit too hard for armor to do anything.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Yeah, at this point, I'm more looking for a general flask loadout for story/early maps. Assumably a couple of life, a quick, and then probably still my granite, and it sounds like maybe a diamond? And then Staunching/Thawing/etc.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Is there any point to getting faster cast/attack after getting to the point where I can Arc faster than I can click?

• Options
    I run two life flasks because I'm a crazy person who plays HC. You'll probably be fine with one, bubbling or seething divine. I usually put bleed removal here

Diamond flask is great on most crit builds, put freeze or curse removal on it. You'll want a quicksilver, i usually do curse removal on it but you can go adrenaline and get Warding elsewhere. Granite, Stibnite, or Silver for your other 2. Silver if Onslaught benefits you a bunch (it's less great on builds like trappers, summoners, most DoT builds) and if you can't get it reliably elsewhere. Stibnite is my favorite defensive flask for reasons mentioned above.

My usual lineup for HC life builds:
    - Bubbling Divine Life of Heat
    - Bubbling Divine Life of Staunching
    - Experimenter's/Chemists Stibnite of Heat (or unique flask)
    - flex slot: granite, diamond, silver, or unique.
    - Experimenter's/Chemists Quicksilver of Warding

Sometimes I'll run a hybrid or mana flask in the 2 or 3 slot on a MoM build. Doing Elder Guardians I'll put a relevant resistance/ailment removal flask in the 3 or 4 or even 5. I've also
    been using Catalyzed on one life flask when delving as it buys a surprising amount of time to get through darkness at high stacks

CI builds run all utility/uniques and I'll usually get either ignite or shock removal. Ignite if I can't leech or gain ES on hit (so recharge is my only source of sustain and i don't wantit delayed by a crit), shock otherwise.

As you can see I largely prefer defensive, reactive/situational flasks over ones that i just mash and try to keep up 100%. I sort of hate that you can just play fast enough too do that as long as you skip loot. It's also not conducive to playing HC

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Oh and always run two Quicksilver while leveling through act 10. One of Adrenaline one of Heat. It saves tons of time and nothing is really dangerous enough to need ailment removal. Chill is just annoying

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Is there any point to getting faster cast/attack after getting to the point where I can Arc faster than I can click?

When you learn you can hold the button down on a boss or shift click to elsewhere?

• Options
    As you get higher up in levels, should you start using stricter or less strict item filters? I don't know that I know enough to really customize it effectively, but I do know that its showing me a bunch of stuff that I never bother picking up.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

When you learn you can hold the button down on a boss or shift click to elsewhere?

Mind. Blown.

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    White sockets are so easy to get these days there's zero reason not to experiment.

I swapped out War Banner for Dread Banner for the extra defense and the impale kinda boosted my DPS over 1 milly with all cylinders firing, swapped out Chaos Golem for Ice Golem for crit. Woo!

Also this is absolutely my first build over 1 million Shaper DPS ever. My last highest was 400k.

Awesome, what's your build? Do you proc Impale from some source other than the Dread Banner? I have been using War Banner for the Adrenaline on drop to nuke down bosses, but maybe for longer fights Dread Banner is just better.

Scion Slayer/Raider Cyclone.

Dread Banner gives me the impale for Cyclone, which does an admirable job of it. Plus in tough fights it's a good source of damage mitigation (along with Vaal Grace and Fortify), which this build really is lacking and leans more on high movespeed, dodging, and leech.

It just kind of synergizes with the all-physical damage of the build better than War Banner for the higher level stuff. I usually don't have an issue with trash mobs, it's the bosses and Syndicate bros I have to knuckle down for.

Yes, I am finding the same thing, super tanky with vaal grace and a blind on hit jewel.

Also, I finally finished my bow. Going to save up a ton of divines and try to roll it higher but here it is:

prmm7na5gjs5.gif

• Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    I have a buddy that plays D3 that I'm trying to convince to try PoE. He said he likes casters and whirlwind barbarians. I recommended Enki's Arc Witch and a Ngahamu's flame cyclone build. Any other builds you guys would recommend for a new player?

I was also going to recommend Engineering Eternity videos and Path of Building. Any other resources o think let him know about?

Also, do we still have room in the guild?

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »
    I have a buddy that plays D3 that I'm trying to convince to try PoE. He said he likes casters and whirlwind barbarians. I recommended Enki's Arc Witch and a Ngahamu's flame cyclone build. Any other builds you guys would recommend for a new player?

I was also going to recommend Engineering Eternity videos and Path of Building. Any other resources o think let him know about?

Also, do we still have room in the guild?

Chieftain Blade Vortex is a pretty good middleground between the two things he likes. It's also tanky and cheap to gear.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Tectonic Slam Jugg is another. Probably one of my favorites now for starter. You can scale it to rediculous proportions and its cost of entry is about the same as cyclone. And sturdier than cyclone. And more clear than say the tried and true sunder.

My having fun build is coming along. I was going to do something like charged dash cwc/coc arc.... or Ngahamu Axe Conc Path CoC Magma Orb. Assassin to make it easy. But I think I will go Conc Path CoC Magma Orb Grey Spire Trickster. With just chest and weapon got the orbs up to 200k shaper per orb at about 3 attacks per second. I think I can get that much higher :)

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Upgraded my last two pieces of very under-leveled gear so now at 78 my power siphon traps saboteur has 2977 HP, 1646 ES, capped elemental resists and 15% chaos resist

I wanna get to 80 and maaaaybe do the last labyrinth and then I'll have done basically everything I set out to do this league

edit though I guess I should also at least see the syndicate mastermind myself

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I think you could probably do the Jugg of All Trades build with cyclone?

• Options
    edited January 2019
    The problem with Jugg Cyclone is that it is so easily outclassed by ele versions due to the nature of the nodes around duelist, templar and marauder. I mean it should work just fine. Because you can really build almost anything in this game up to end game. Someone beat uber elder with a lvl 60.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    for real tho

PoE cyclone and Whirlwind barbs feel so different

J3qcnBP.png