As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Hint for people looking at CI:

Get a lot of jewel sockets and get as high of a roll on Abyss jewels as you can. +40 ES on 4 jewels makes a massive difference.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Pandemonius drop. 5.7ex due to bad rolls, but I'll take it!

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular

Get a lot of jewel sockets and get as high of a roll on Abyss jewels as you can. +40 ES on 4 jewels makes a massive difference.

Also important: ES boots and gloves are ridiculously expensive for the amount of ES they give. You can get a 200ES shield for pretty cheap and pick up Arcane Guarding for a ton of extra ES (mine is giving me 744ES right now). Also look for 20% increased ES amulets, which often appear for dirt cheap. Bated Breath is another cheap item that gives 20% increased ES.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, it's taken a few ex to get my occ up to 8.6k ES. Shit is stupid expensive this league.

Bated Breath is amazing, tho.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »

Also important: ES boots and gloves are ridiculously expensive for the amount of ES they give. You can get a 200ES shield for pretty cheap and pick up Arcane Guarding for a ton of extra ES (mine is giving me 744ES right now). Also look for 20% increased ES amulets, which often appear for dirt cheap. Bated Breath is another cheap item that gives 20% increased ES.

If you're playing a Trickster there is also a triple passive Shield node ("Deflection", I think) east of the Shadow start that gives, among other things, 100% increased defenses from equipped shield. Tricky to path to if you're not Life, though.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I think I've decided to try and finish with CI, but I grabbed some life/hybrid nodes in the meantime, and thats really helped.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    so today

was a very good day
    the daily exalt!
    ZnEw1Cg.png

this baby came from an ID. ended up selling for 55c
    ZuxrE4e.png

this lil fella is also an ID scroll, 2x tier 1s. do i risk the regal or just sell as is to someone like @Rius
    kkkD0DG.png

this made a noise in a burials and i was hyped it was a doctor! but still very nice
    QzrkmVO.png

big map returns on big map investments
    FD0dM5G.png

HJsf3B2.png

had to do caldera to reset zana.... and....
    Xf55vFK.png

AND

finally converted a bunch of my C into EX

and bought my final doctor
    cRD6mFw.png

3XbXWxO.png

we HH boys

tomorrow, we farm

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    ...bought my final doctor
    cRD6mFw.png

3XbXWxO.png

we HH boys
    tomorrow, we farm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg2PD-dwsIw

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So, I'm level 66, last night and dead broke ( literally 3 chaos to my name), and had for the first time in three leagues, an annulment orb drop. Sold it immediately for 21c, and invested into my build. One shield later and I 2-3x my ES pool.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
  • Options

How exactly does righteous fire work with a low life build. is it based entirely on your resistances reducing the damage you take to insignificant amounts while doing tons around you? I've seen builds that use it but don't go out of there way to push fire resistances.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    @fRAWRst you must regal it, for great justice

Azith that's pretty much correct. Righteous Fire builds look to stack as much maximum Life or ES as possible, to deal more damage, while raising their Fire Resistance and Life/ES Regen as much as possible to counter the degen.

The Pain Attunement notable passive doesn't actually boost RF's damage; no source of Spell Damage does (this is because you're not dealing damage with a spell, you're dealing degen damage created in an area? whatever.) But it does boost Scorching Ray's damage.

RF doesn't specifically need to go Low Life, it's just a build variant that can turn on a lot more auras.

Rius on
  • Options
    So question about bane.
    how many curses can you normally cast at a time? does the limit still apply to curses linked to bane? my build has me with bane linked to despair and temporal chains. is that only going to work if you have the 'may cast an additional curse' passive?

• Options
    You can cast as many curses as you like, but normally an enemy can only be affected by one curse at a time. If the curse-caster has sources of "enemies can have 1 additional curse", which stack, then the caster can apply multiple curses. Otherwise, the most recently cast curse (or the one furthest down in Bane's links, in your case) is the one that sticks.

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    How exactly does righteous fire work with a low life build. is it based entirely on your resistances reducing the damage you take to insignificant amounts while doing tons around you? I've seen builds that use it but don't go out of there way to push fire resistances.

You may see vaal RF on pretty much any build, as it does 35% of max hp, and gives you an insane spell damage boost for 4-6s

those builds dont use regular RF

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    So question about bane.
    how many curses can you normally cast at a time? does the limit still apply to curses linked to bane? my build has me with bane linked to despair and temporal chains. is that only going to work if you have the 'may cast an additional curse' passive?
    Yep.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Log on this morning to do my dailies before I go hit the gym and a 1.5 ex Goldwyrm drops.

Kickass!

• Options
    So question about bane.
    Yep.

but wait... bane itself is a curse. so isnt that three total?

• Options
    Bane is a DoT skill with the Curse tag, but it's not a Curse. Having the Curse tag allows it to be modified by passives which alter Curse abilities, namely the +AoE ones.

• Options
    TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    Does anyone have the 1h "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" craft?

Also if there's any room in the guild my character name is HardRime

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Griswold wrote: »
    ...bought my final doctor
    cRD6mFw.png

3XbXWxO.png

we HH boys
    tomorrow, we farm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8sltbS9Oo

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I'm hoping they figure out how to nix the Betrayal lag, because it's still there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1tdFOkHAg4

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Hah, you call that lag? Before the patch getting interventioned caused me so much slowdown the game got scared and would log me out. Post patch I get a smooth 1fps, which is just enough to leave me logged in so I can be murdered.

• Options
    Casually found 2 pure ex and a Shroud of the Lightless last night. I pumped all that currency back into my Occultist support and our little group is cruising through T14-T15 maps now. There's still a ton of headroom to push higher - I'm only level 81 and have plenty of potential upgrades lined up.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    TheSmacker wrote: »
    Does anyone have the 1h "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" craft?

Also if there's any room in the guild my character name is HardRime

I invited you to the guild

mccart on
  • Options
    streaming some console launch!

https://www.twitch.tv/frawrst/

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I'm super excited for the console launch. Probably going to run a summoner while I figure out out the targeting works and whatnot.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    If it works like it does on the xbox it will target the first in the line you are pointing with some aim assist. Movement skills where therefore sometimes clip short from mob in the way and it can be hard to target immunity totems. Overall it plays fine on the xbx1 but was slow loading on xb1 and others have said prone to crash but didnt see that on the xb1x.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

Motivated me to figure out how to stream on xbox. Easy peasy. One person came to my chat and said something in cyrillic that hopefully wasn't mean. I was basically talking to myself for an hour.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Is there another site that archives loot filter collections other than neversink? NS is fine, but i want different / more sounds and ive seen some posted on reddit id like to use but they never give a damn link where to get it.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Is there another site that archives loot filter collections other than neversink? NS is fine, but i want different / more sounds and ive seen some posted on reddit id like to use but they never give a damn link where to get it.

http://www.filterblade.xyz/

That is what you want most likely.

Motivated me to figure out how to stream on xbox. Easy peasy. One person came to my chat and said something in cyrillic that hopefully wasn't mean. I was basically talking to myself for an hour.

Yeah streaming an entrenched game like PoE, or really any game, takes dedication and consistency. A lot of the population of people that watch lower viewership streams are fantastic people but you get a lot of the others as well heh.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Live again, hopefully will push to maps tonight

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Patch Notes

The Synthesis changes they talked about and some minor other stuff. Several changes for increasing loot drops, most noteworthy is bosses are now guaranteed to drop 3 fractured mod items.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Got home from a work trip, went shopping on poe.trade

what once was 15ex is now 50c, bless my apathy

with a Devouring Diadem I can add Wrath to my build, woo

Desecrate + Spell Cascade in my CwDT links provides the necessary corpses

Rius on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Patch Notes

The Synthesis changes they talked about and some minor other stuff. Several changes for increasing loot drops, most noteworthy is bosses are now guaranteed to drop 3 fractured mod items.

This prompted me to go run some old chains that were full of mods (but otherwise low level) just to try and clear my board for the patch.

I ran into the no portal to nexus bug, ripping one run, then had a sudden disconnection in the middle of another.

Welp guess I’m waiting on the new patch to do any more memory stuff

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Did Uber Elder, mishandled a lot of mechanics but 12k ES and Wicked Ward are major crutches and carried me through eating slams and popcorn balls. Got a double Zealotry Watcher's Eye which sold for 7ex.
    Spent the rest of my sets trying to do the Shaper challenge, messed up in the last phase every time. Got 2 Dying Suns though, so I guess I can go buy more attempts.

I'm at 28 challenges now. Only real focus I'll need is putting enough effort into the memory void to get all the reward types, buy some peoples' Cortexes because I still have not seen this dude, and deciding which grinds to do. Safehouses, beasts, lab, and level 100 seem the most straightforward. Unless the memory void changes make it easier to chain bosses over working toward 100.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Have you done the Mastermind challenge? I've only tried once but I wasn't able to kite the skeleton things around for very long.

I haven't seen a cortex either.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Most expensive build I've done? Probably. Probably not much for Rius or co, but 10 ex is definitely pricey for me. Also, first build I've done without a guide that will pretty easily get me into endgame with the Shaper. Potential 10k ES (8.6k at the moment), 300k chDoT from 2 different sources (600k chDoT shaper damage).

mwu09636rr95.jpg

Started selling yellow and low level red maps for Vaals because those are getting to be extremely difficult to maintain as I'm finishing tiers 13-16.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Also my Vaals have a habit of corrupting to other maps 50% of the time.

Usually to maps I've already finished.

• Options
    BIG HITS IN THE LAB

fyrib23pmgck.png