As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    So how do I make delve work for me as a casual player

Like Im not interested in spending a ton of time going deep but I do like delving so what should I be doing in order to profit from my time spent in the mines

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    So how do I make delve work for me as a casual player

Like Im not interested in spending a ton of time going deep but I do like delving so what should I be doing in order to profit from my time spent in the mines

For profit make a super high movement speed char and farm low level zones (not sure optimum here, maybe 50?) for fossils.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Someone told me Chayula necks were relatively cheap. So that was a pretty cheap 1k ES :)
    Brody wrote: »
    When people are working on endgame gear, do you normally try and load all of your resists into a couple of items, or spread them out as much as possible?

It depends on the build. If it requires lots of uniques then yes you will have to. If you are building rare based build you may be more apt to spread them out to get the affixes you want on the pieces you want. Like extra trap gloves or curse on hit rings or focus procs or rare nearby auras. Like an expensive tri res life belt is a great thing to have. But double ele dmg belts also exist and are a pretty nice boost in dmg for those builds that use it.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Someone told me Chayula necks were relatively cheap. So that was a pretty cheap 1k ES :)
    When people are working on endgame gear, do you normally try and load all of your resists into a couple of items, or spread them out as much as possible?

It depends on the build. If it requires lots of uniques then yes you will have to. If you are building rare based build you may be more apt to spread them out to get the affixes you want on the pieces you want. Like an expensive tri res life belt is a great thing to have. But double ele dmg belts also exist and are a pretty nice boost in dmg.

Is a DS build. No uniques required, but I am looking at Abyssus and probably Belly of the Beast, maybe something else if its shiny/someone mentions itd be useful.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Depends really.

I know a common thing is stuffing max resists into belts and boots and then kinda filling in the rest that the uniques don't take care of, but a lot of builds use unique boots or belts, too.

I see a lot of ranged builds using quivers to max resists as well.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular

It depends on the build. If it requires lots of uniques then yes you will have to. If you are building rare based build you may be more apt to spread them out to get the affixes you want on the pieces you want. Like an expensive tri res life belt is a great thing to have. But double ele dmg belts also exist and are a pretty nice boost in dmg.

Is a DS build. No uniques required, but I am looking at Abyssus and probably Belly of the Beast, maybe something else if its shiny/someone mentions itd be useful.

In general, the easiest place to start with resists for mapping is with rings. You can search for rings with 110+ total resistance and one of [decent life or ES roll, open prefix] for a couple chaos. That will make filling out resists on their gear slots much easier — typically boots/belt/helm depending on where you are using uniques.

Amulets have many more useful offensive affixes, so you usually aren’t looking to get resists there. You’d much rather have (say) 35% crit multi from your neck than another resist roll.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options

DS phys or ele or partial? Abysuss is fun to see the damage but even a perfect rolled one makes it tough to survive no matter how tanky you are in certain situations heh. Things to look for would be like curse on hit rings. Belly is still a nice chest but it is far outclassed by the delve chests. Especially with the new master mods. Not sure what you are using for weapons but the 400+ dps phys swords are coming down last i looked. Steel rings are usually huge upgrade for DS builds but also usually very spendy. There are a lot of options without hitting that abysuss crutch :)

• Options
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beards/characters

Is what my character looks like right now. I don't have anything at the moment that converts phys, just a herald/hatred for bonus ele damage.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I see ele foils but you are scaling phys on the tree so you may have more umf out of grabbing some phys swords of 300+ dps or so. You went champ so you dont really need abysuss imho. Id just upgrade as you go. Save up for a delve chest (you can get a cheap 6L rare chest off trade and use your other slots to make up for the most likely shitty rolls as well). Steadying up your resists on better life/mitigation rare pieces would be a good use of your money as well.

You get most of your mid-late game push from your gem links flipping and scaling your main source of dmg. Phys by the looks of it for you so far.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Absalon wrote: »
    I always end up around level 90 and I've yet to beat Shaper or red Elder - it's always work or somesuch taking my momentum. But it's still my favorite game at the moment.

I'm a total alt player and rarely confront endgame. This season is different. Shaper is on farm. Goal is to hit 650 in Delve (I have a job and commitments so this might be rough). That said, my alt madness continues. After blowing 46k sulphite yesterday to no good effect I was a bit feels bad man. Today I realized I had the day off and wasted most of it running up a MS Jugg with a couple Poet's Pens. Loved leveling with the Pens but was a bit meh when I switched to MS with a Neb and Beltimber on Kitava. It was a cakewalk but I think I should have stuck with the high tier mapping and boss farming before I alted out.

I feel you about delve. They really need to rebalance the sulfite amount. at the least they should make each deposit a % of your max so that raising the limit actually means anything.

Spending 2k sulphite just to go one node deeper sucks hard. and im only at about 215-220, and going straight down as best i can.

My understanding is that costs max out at area level 83 so it always makes sense to go deeper if you can survive.

I get that, but suphite is just too rare. The people who are at 600 depth right now had to probably have groups of people working to find sulphite maps, sharing the rewards, or constantly buying gilded sulphite scarabs. Delve progress should not be gated so harshly by sulphite acquisition. During the delve league you couldnt go two areas without running into sulphite. That most definately is not the case right now.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options

The problem I'm running into is once you have a few good items, you get into the situation where you basically have to replace multiple items at the same time to keep your resistances capped, which is rather a heavy investment to re-color/socket your items.

• Options
    So, one thing I've had a lot of confusion about is the difference between spell damage / elemental damage . for a spell like Arc there isnt any real difference between spell damage, elemental damage and lightning damage right? elemental just means it can apply to attacks or spells vs spell damage only for spells correct?

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I see ele foils but you are scaling phys on the tree so you may have more umf out of grabbing some phys swords of 300+ dps or so. You went champ so you dont really need abysuss imho. Id just upgrade as you go. Save up for a delve chest. Steadying up your resists on better life/mitigation rare pieces would be a good use of your money as well.

You get most of your mid-late game push from your gem links flipping and scaling your main source of dmg. Phys by the looks of it for you so far.

So, just Jeweled Foils without any ele mods and hoping instead you get more crit/asp/phys damage mods?

Would Belly of the Beast 5L still be a good idea, or should I try and find a rare 6L, or just go with a rare 5L? I read your post again and you already answered this.

Brody on

• Options
    edited January 2019
    IMHO i dont think you need to keep foils right now. I just checked poe.trade and you can get 350+phys dps swords (they are corsair and the like) for 25ish + c. You can get 300+ for 5ish c+.

I do see you are going crit. Which is great end game scaling but also really really expensive. It may be an option to go Resolute Technique until you can afford the crit items. Not missing will be a huge buff to dmg until then. This is what I do when leveling up crit melee. RT is a nice crutch to level up and gear up into end game.

You could then look for a 6L corrupted chest on poetrade that matches your colors. Could be as much as 20c or so if you are lucky. It will most likely have crappy resists and life on it but it will have armor and or evasion on it which will be an upgrade over tabula. And that lets you keep 6L dmg which is really nice.

You could then work on your helmet and belt to even out your life and resists. And then start saving for the more expensive stuff.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I thought the Champion passive makes it so I can't miss. Or at least can't miss after the first hit?

Brody on

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I thought the Champion passive makes it so I can't miss. Or at least can't miss after the first hit?

Oh my bad. Its my monday morning. Yes thats right. Disregard that. The corrupted 6L chest thing is something I use post tabula and it works fine. Sometimes you can find one for cheap that even has reasonable life or resists on it as the difference between that and life %life delve 6L is huge so people price them just above divine prices to make that little extra.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Somebody lend me a perfect rolled 6 link tinkerskin so I can see if its fun

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    What effect does elemental equilibrium have if an attack does all three elements of damage at the same time?

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    What effect does elemental equilibrium have if an attack does all three elements of damage at the same time?

they gain resists to all 3

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beards/characters

Is what my character looks like right now. I don't have anything at the moment that converts phys, just a herald/hatred for bonus ele damage.

hey so your foils are not very strong for your build. you have all these increased physical and increased sword damage nodes, with only flat ele on your weapons

this means none of your tree nodes are doing anything for your damage

i highly recommend moving back to scaevas, or as previously mentioned, looking into buying 300-350+ physical dps swords asap

http://poe.trade/search/agamisosinonon

stuff like these will give you 320+ phys dps and crit multi, ur best late game dps scaling stat

your tree is at a good spot however. you can grab acro and phase acro and then grab for +hp% nodes

also focus on upging that belt!

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess I hadn't really paid too much attention to the element damage and stuff. I still have those Scaeva's sitting in my sell tab, so I'll just switch back over to them.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Quick primer on damage:

Look at the top of your skill gem info card.

pxeo0cuctmu6.png

This will tell you what to look for as far as damage scaling.

The big thing in PoE is focusing entirely on one thing to do the lions share of your damage. Like right now Crit is my bread and butter. My last build was pure phys. Rius has that fucking ridiculous stun build. You build everything around 1 thing.

That doesn't mean you don't have more than 1 attack, but every other attack is supplementary to the main damage dealer.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

they gain resists to all 3

Damn.

• Options
    Once you spawn the guardians on the center, will they unspawn if you run a bunch of other maps. I'm guessing no but want to confirm if any risk organically farming for the maps or better off just buying. I hate buying maps.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Once you spawn the guardians on the center, will they unspawn if you run a bunch of other maps. I'm guessing no but want to confirm if any risk organically farming for the maps or better off just buying. I hate buying maps.

Shaper or elder guardians

• Options

From my experience, the guardians act just like any other in the elder blob except the shaper influence cannot take them over naturally.

The ways the blob moves are these three i think:

if you do a shaper influenced map connected by a line to an elder blob influenced map, it will elder influence the shaper map after success.

If you do an elder blob influenced map successfully it will remove the elder influence, and if this would 'divide' the blob in half, only half of the influence will survive, with the rest possibly turning into shaper, or just going 'normal'. Which half...probably the larger half i think.

If you do a normal map while the elder and shapers are elsewhere on the atlas, there is a chance the 'war' between the two will produce changes in territory. I've never seen shaper overtake a guardian or elder spawned map naturally. Doesn't mean it can't happen but i map quite a bit, and during a long period of me trying to kill the elder (who spawned on a yellow map) solo, and doing other normal maps, the guardians/elder never were displaced or moved.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    from the wiki:
    Note: Completing 20 maps while the Elder and its guardians are on the player's Atlas without actually defeating any of them gives them a chance to disappear and remove the Elder-influence from the maps they were on.

• Options
    Cutedog's videos are interesting and I'm enjoying watching them, but some of his pronunciation drives me nuts.

• Options
    mccart wrote: »
    from the wiki:
    Note: Completing 20 maps while the Elder and its guardians are on the player's Atlas without actually defeating any of them gives them a chance to disappear and remove the Elder-influence from the maps they were on.

Thanks. Good to know. I haven't run Uber Elder before so not sure how much a pain it is to get it set up.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    they keep fixing/improving it

once elder spawns, him and his guardians will despawn after 20 maps

if you do 1 guardian in between the 20, it resets the count. so technically you can do 99 maps as long as u do a guardian/elder every 20

if you do despawn him, or kill him and want to respawn uber, just run t11+ maps. thatll make elder spawn in red maps, which is easy to move towards center (clear shaper maps around your elder blob, guide them to centre)

once one t15 guardian map gets shaper influence, all 4 will. then you kill all shaper guardians to spawn the elder guardians on t16s, then kill elder again

rinse and repeat

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Turns out Uber Elder is much easier to spawn than he is to defeat. I got wrecked in there. Too much going on. Probably need to grab some more defense and watch a youtube video or two.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    There are basically two keys to the Uber Elder fight.

First is that Shaper does nearly everything dangerous/lethal there. He will constantly teleport away from melee range, his triple orbs hit hard enough to stun most characters, and if you lose track of where he is then you're in much more danger.

By comparison, Elder exists mostly to annoy you/set you up for Shaper to kill you. He can chunk you pretty good with shotgunned icicles, but he won't teleport away from melee so you can stand next to him if you have ranged DPS/can move Shaper next to him when he slams. Elder's real contribution to the fight is chilling/freezing/slowing you so you get Shaper'd.

The second key to the fight is managing the DoT pools they both cause. The fight will alternate spawning a Shaper orb and a Madness Propagator, so it's helpful to keep track of what's next. The two DoT areas will stack with each other, but not themselves, so you can attempt to stack all the Shaper pools in one or two spaces. Just gotta kill the Propagators before they poop.

So getting UE on farm status relies on learning their tells, keeping track of Shaper, managing the DoT pools, and ideally bringing some sort of chill/freeze immunity and/or stun immunity and/or action speed reduction protection. Kaom's Roots (turns off your evasion) combined with a fast movement skill negates most of the bullshit here. Dream Fragments ring is another option.

You will spend a lot of money buying Shaper key sets to practice the fight. Watching some videos of your build killing him will definitely be a good investment of time.

• Options
    The fight is also notorious for frame drops even on burly machines. For me its a no go simply because it happens every time and due the nature of the fight it kills me almost every time.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

I usually have to load them up as I'm using several uniques with little or no resists.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if it's just this league, but jewels are a pretty popular source for resists. There's quite a few popular builds that literally can't get enough resists from their gear because of how many uniques they run (like my nebuloch jugg).

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    The fight is also notorious for frame drops even on burly machines. For me its a no go simply because it happens every time and due the nature of the fight it kills me almost every time.

Just curious, are you running with vsync? My first triple herald build was fucking murdering my 980 Ti until I saw that vsync apparently dramatically exaggerates the issue in PoE for whatever reason. My buddy tried to map with me and had to turn vsync off to make it feasible too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Fiatil wrote: »

Just curious, are you running with vsync? My first triple herald build was fucking murdering my 980 Ti until I saw that vsync apparently dramatically exaggerates the issue in PoE for whatever reason. My buddy tried to map with me and had to turn vsync off to make it feasible too.

I mean my gameplay outside of the zone is silky. Ive heard several of the larger streamers bring it up too. I had a league where I tried to run it a lot and tried pretty much every permutation of potato setting people said to try.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I have defeated Uber Elder!
    yv8ja2estf23.png
    qgy4ok90xykz.png

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    MY BOY

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I fought the syndicate mastermind!
    and lost!

Made it to the sculpture garden no problem but I took like 4 stupid deaths figuring out the mechanics, but I did manage to get through 3 of the 4 soul battery/pylon/syndicate members before dying so I think thats pretty good for not watching any videos or anything ahead of time

Excited to get back again and win this time now that I have a grasp of the mechanics

I'm also trying to actually control my syndicate board and its very annoying, they never want to move to the correct faction

2x39jD4.jpg