As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I dunno, I kinda ran across this idea when the Crimson Storm dropped and looked at a few builds and sort of cobbled together something. Kind of like chaos damage, there's only so many ways to go with phys/ranger stuff when it comes to just jacking crit/phys damage and using bleed as a damage multiplier like shock.

I still don't know how legit it is. PoB paper damage is fine, but how does it actually play is another question.

Edit: And that 1 mil number is theoretical purely. I'm still in story mode. When my build starts hitting the 90's and I get the steel ring we'll see how it's doing.

jungleroomx on
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    You know, if I had the stuff to do that build, I could see it bringing me back for this league, even when there's all this juicy caster stuff going on.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I mean its a bow build so you kind of put yourself in a playstyle by default. With that kind of dmg you could power through a lot of things.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Saldonas wrote: »
    You know, if I had the stuff to do that build, I could see it bringing me back for this league, even when there's all this juicy caster stuff going on.

The build is well under 1 ex to get all the uniques 5L'd. The chest armor is technically a 6L with the pierce explicit. The honest to god most expensive part would be buying 2 Jeweller's Touch prophecies to get them 5l'd at 25c a pop, because I haven't seen more than 1 of either a Crimson Storm or Lioneyes Plate 5L'd, and it was like 1 ex.

jungleroomx on
    edited March 2019
    https://pob.party/

Link at the top of poe.trade.

Someone imbedded Path of Building inside the browser. Edit: it looks legit too.

Jubal77 on

The build is well under 1 ex to get all the uniques 5L'd. The chest armor is technically a 6L with the pierce explicit. The honest to god most expensive part would be buying 2 Jeweller's Touch prophecies to get them 5l'd at 25c a pop, because I haven't seen more than 1 of either a Crimson Storm or Lioneyes Plate 5L'd, and it was like 1 ex.

Oh, I meant the EH build.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular

You can get a EH scion (or any class close to lower part of tree, ranger maurd duelist templar) started for about 12c for a tabula, 2x each for the ele hit jewels, and then about 30c for 6x porcupine card + an essence that gives +2 gems

u can clear red maps on that

J3qcnBP.png
    fRAWRst wrote: »

You can get a EH scion (or any class close to lower part of tree, ranger maurd duelist templar) started for about 12c for a tabula, 2x each for the ele hit jewels, and then about 30c for 6x porcupine card + an essence that gives +2 gems

u can clear red maps on that

:thinking_face: Hmmmm. I do have that ex I was sitting on from league start.

It's just so hard to pull myself away from The Division 2 and Warframe!

Can you hook me up with a PoB link to check out?

Can you hook me up with a PoB link to check out?

here is the very excellent guide by Thi3n

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2183938

PoB

https://pastebin.com/5NKzd3Mb

J3qcnBP.png
    Sweet!

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Did shaper and guardians on my nova dude, was pretty easy. I bought a fancy chest a couple days ago that got me to 10kevasion/9300 ES so I was never in trouble of dying. The chimera I did was 8-mods and ghosted and it did hit me for 6k a pop but he was blinded so I don't think he could hit me again before I leeched back to full.

Probably I will get wrecked a couple times in uber elder, I've never tried to do the fight without kaom's roots so I'm guessing the elder slow will get me at least once. I'm going to wait to level before I try it though, I'm at 90% or thereabouts.

The best memory mod I've found so far is the one that allows synthesized rares to drop elder items; I've sold quite a few rings for 10-19c and a couple of ilvl83 helms for about the same. I've also gotten some pretty insane monster density in ilvl83 memories, the one map that is basically like a tiny mesa map is usually completely packed with monsters.

I've only found 2 3-fractured mod items total now, so I went ahead and bought two other chests to get the challenge done. In my experience challenge items climb in value quite a bit as the league wears on.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    It's the case study for how stupid conversion stacking is

i thought that was bv elementalist

fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2019
    I think im going to try to use that bow but not with tornado shot and barrage but with my stupid dps poison based scourge arrow build I did 2 leagues ago. Since poison combines with bleed on the tree so much and all. I even had the soulstrike drop for me the other day.

Jubal77 on
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    There is no reason to temple double corrupt an empower gem right? It doesn't give you a better chance to get level 4?

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Welllll, I suppose it gives you two chances to hit +/- level, so it's theoretically better?

edited March 2019
    I also did Bench 3Blue on my Perfect Form and got... a particularly good result

wm5w324gexrz.jpg

Average cost 9300 chromes, got it in 120. Should make getting 6 B/W much, much easier.

Rius on
    dont forget all the free rng im giving you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz2AZyoDl74

J3qcnBP.png
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    26qqcauupmbj.png
    Humm... It dropped like this and I am not rolling in Divines.

Absalon on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    for some reason my soulrend build has the node that gives +30 accuracy and light radius based on ES instead of life. I get that my build is an ES build but how important is light radius?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    azith28 wrote: »
    for some reason my soulrend build has the node that gives +30 accuracy and light radius based on ES instead of life. I get that my build is an ES build but how important is light radius?

Its meant to help counter blindness chance for low life builds.

edited March 2019

Well you'll always be at 100% with CI, some find it difficult to tell when you're getting damaged

jungleroomx on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Well you'll always be at 100% with CI, some find it difficult to tell when you're getting damaged

wait... you mean when you get 'blinded' you actually don't see your life go down as a result? I figured it was just a meele debuff of some kind to hit. If tahts the case, it explains all those seeming oneshot deaths during playing arc witch.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    edited March 2019
    That's not what he meant. He meant light radius is based on percentage of max life; when you're CI, you're always at 100% max life (and you'll have an extremely small light radius edit: nope that's low life builds) When your 10k ES pool takes a big hit, you'll still be at 100% max life and a small radius, so you might not notice.

Taking that light radius based on ES node both gives you a usable light radius and makes it shrink again relative to your actual "life" pool.

Rius on
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    CI always has large light radius, not small. Lowlife is the one that is always small without the node.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Oh derp, yeah that would make more sense

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So Arcane Vision is really for Low Life builds, not for CI builds.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    edited March 2019
    So yeah, Crimson Storm is decent.

Act 7, fighting Arakaali after she kills Silk, first Barrage does a decent amount of damage, procs bleed. Second barrage is an instagib crit on the first arrow.

I'm curious to see how it does in mapping. Everything is dying too fast since I'm in the Acts to really tell if this thing is gonna work or not.

jungleroomx on
    edited March 2019
    So yeah, Crimson Storm is decent.

Act 7, fighting Arakaali after she kills Silk, first Barrage does a decent amount of damage, procs bleed. Second barrage is an instagib crit on the first arrow.

I'm curious to see how it does in mapping. Everything is dying too fast since I'm in the Acts to really tell if this thing is gonna work or not.

With that much flat phys added it should scale pretty damn high. I got the poison from the barbs with scourge arrow up to like 1.5 million at 20 stack without even trying really.

Jubal77 on
    There's a ring that buffs the flat added phys from Herald of Purity, too.

Oh my

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Oh hey I got a Shavs in the memory nexus last night. And here I was thinking that i had unfinished business with the LL Cold DoT Occultist build that i stole from Rius last league

Also: with a Breach splinter global mod and Two! divination card mods, the nexus is really fun to run. I have an entire tab of easily indexable loot. Including a Mad King and a Dab. So that's profitable.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    lmao Catarina showed up on some dude's Burial Chambers: https://streamable.com/601ia

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Synthesis Changes
    Since the release of Synthesis almost two weeks ago, we have been given plenty of feedback about what players are liking and not liking during their playthrough of the league. This has not only prompted many patches that are already deployed, but also a lot of internal discussion that has resulted in a pretty large-scale set of changes that we intend to deploy next week. While these changes are still being tested, we wanted to give you an update of the direction we're going with the league.

Monster Density
    We have determined that pack size bonuses aren't working in Nexus Memories. Currently they do make the packs larger, but also reduce the number of packs available. We also found problems related to small and medium sized memories having more monsters than intended. After all this is fixed, monster density and rewards from Nexus Memories will be a lot better for large Memories, relatively unchanged for medium Memories and slightly lower for small Memories (which are not found above level 50, so this is a strong monster density buff for end-game players).

Breaches and Abysses can now spawn in non-decaying Nexus Memories also.

Distant Memories
    These were too unrewarding. We have significantly increased both the quality and quantity of rewards yielded by the chests in Reward Memories.

Upon approaching the Reward Chests in a Distant Memory, you will now be informed that you have found the rewards with a pop-up. This will also set your checkpoint so that if you get hit by the Decay it will teleport you back to the reward location. As players frequently want to be able to travel out of the Distant memory (and would avoid setting checkpoint to do so) we will create a portal between the reward and the start bridge at this point. This allows you to travel freely between those two locations. This also means once you have found the reward location you can continue to clear the Distant Memory without risk of losing your rewards.

Moving Memories
    Players can now move Memories. At any point where you can place a Memory, you can now select another placed memory and move it and its global mods to this new location. This makes it easier to travel to various locations and means that players will run their memories until their final decay more frequently.

Memory Modifiers
    We have completely changed how Memory Modifiers ("Global Mods") work. The current ones are way too spammy and require you to stack dozens of them to get significant rewards.

Global Mods are now massively more powerful, but do not stack anywhere near as deep. Every Memory now has a maximum of five of the new massively-buffed Global Mods. Instead of applying to all connected Memories, you now will be able to see what the mod is and select which Memory to apply it to. It will affect that memory and all immediately-adjacent ones connected to it. This feels a lot more rewarding and allows players to make more interesting decisions.

Fractured Items
    Can now drop from any Memory, not just from Memories that are currently decaying. We have also increased the average number of Fractured Mods that drop from reward chests.

Memory Mods
    Higher-level Memories will now spawn with more mods, increasing rewards (pack size, quantity, rarity) and also difficulty.

Memory Fragments
    Are now biased further towards three- and four-bridge ones. Also, there's now equal weighting between straight pieces and corner pieces for the Memories with two bridges.

Boss Encounters
    The Synthesis Boss Encounters now have the mods of the Memory that the portal to their areas was created from. This will in general make them more difficult, especially at higher levels.

Trampling of Planned Paths
    The generation of Distant Memories and Memory Amplifiers now occurs when acquiring a Memory, instead of when placing one. This will reduce the rate that Distant Memories trample your planned paths.

Please note that we're still testing and iterating on the above changes. They may change further before release, potentially significantly. We are trying to get these out as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience, feedback and support!

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    All good changes imho

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    The way they solved spawning memories wrecking a path is brilliant.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    This might possibly be enough for me to consider playing again this league.

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    You can now do Cats on Damage Taken once more.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited March 2019
    frost daily grind screenshots!
    t17DndF.png

got a hand from a raw breach.. to bad it wasnt a xophs =[

KjeVy3E.png

wolven king bite from a memory! ringwalds quill still top tier for speed mapping so it sold quick

YibXmnl.png

map dropsssssss

1O1qFGH.png

you may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjBOIARvkg0

and you cant forget the daily

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png