As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    PoE is screwing with me, I've had more exalted orbs drop in the last two days than the entire league.... which would be nice, but I'm not improving my character or looking to buy stuff for a new one. I'm just throwing money away at challenges. Also, I was stuck most of the league trying to get one more type of rare memory reward and the game threw 3 of them at me in about 5 minutes. The good news is I'm at 33/40 and can finish out 36 in flashback (ignoring memories if I want).

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I really wanted to grind out challenges in the last few weeks of the league but I won a Steam code for Last Epoch from watching ZiggyD's stream so I loaded that up and it's nice to play a different ARPG for a bit

I haven't taken any real breaks from PoE since Bestiary

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Good Luck @fRAWRst. Hope your storming the castle goes well.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Race starting in ~1hour!

going to be going live for a big marathon session if anyone is interested

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Smite Zerker. Nice.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Smite Zerker. Nice.

That's spicy enough that I'll have to watch

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    OK, I just started PoE on the PS4 and there’s an event of some kind?

What makes it different to the regular Synthesis league I’m in?
    Other quests?

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    OK, I just started PoE on the PS4 and there’s an event of some kind?

What makes it different to the regular Synthesis league I’m in?
    Other quests?

They added bits from old leagues to each area at random, which will iirc rotate every hour or so. Just a chance to experience old mechanics.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    So is it just a bit of gameplay variation?
    Or is there nice gear to earn?

• Options
    Its mainly to just have fun with lots of lewt that may be hidden behind otherwise rare or other hard to obtain methods. It makes it easier to gear out your character usually and relive old league mechanics on a grander scale.

• Options
    Ah, well, as a PS4 player I am relatively new, so I’ll just cotinue with my lvl 86 char filling the Atlas with maps (currently at 76 bonus).

• Options
    Going live again for day 2!

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    God pls let them do a bleed buff in the melee rework.

I will go right to my tornado shot bleed build as a league starter.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    If a map has Nemesis during flashback, can you chance a headhunter? or do you still need to do it through the map device?

Side question: I was surprised to find out that Alva's temple has the flashback mods too, does this mean that every except delve uses them? Or does delve do it too and I just didn't notice?

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    SSF race screenshots!
    ssf tabula... in act 3! this blew my blood aquaducts farming out of the water. 124 coins!!!!
    ESlGO3r.jpg

some nice early exalt shards from random harby
    Xz5Pn6h.jpg

your goddamn right i farmed up enough coins for these facebreakers.....
    DebFBIl.jpg

cool little sadimas too, even tho i wont use em in SSF
    EKBbMYT.jpg

second tabula from cadior... this one went poof to t3 corruption
    Pl4XZnf.jpg

ywqC1LS.jpg

not quite 3 exalts but still farily nice betrayal (need those chisels bad for red sustain)
    EpM3Dnl.jpg

this was overpriced, but in SSF if i had enough for this it wouldve been build defining
    xFRWKaH.jpg

got a divine drop earlier, used it on the FBs. got a nice 732 out of em, shaper level dps
    sbkoDyF.jpg

then this baby dropped

and i knew i had to reskill to AW facebreakers (Frost will fist and shout)
    YSEuWb0.jpg

juicy synth rewards
    Z0AJTnV.jpg

and diviners!
    BB5791B.jpg

also just id'd this absolutely insane shield
    cIpIKfc.jpg

was going to chaos spam it for +1 totems but this thing is already insanely good and i dont need the dps yet

end of weekend, lvl 85 and most white maps done. still alot of work to do but having a blast! great alch and chaos base too to be able to work map mods and chaos spam
    DPGEatE.jpg

will keep posting and linking stream!

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    If a map has Nemesis during flashback, can you chance a headhunter? or do you still need to do it through the map device?

Side question: I was surprised to find out that Alva's temple has the flashback mods too, does this mean that every except delve uses them? Or does delve do it too and I just didn't notice?

i believe so, every mod in that area will allow that specific stuff to be added to the loot tables

EDIT: appears i am wrong? maybe only zana mod allows it

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

Will league unique items drop in instances with those leagues active?
    No, it's not possible to get past league unique items this way.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
  • Options
    todays ssf finds and crafts!
    two hands of thought and motion.. from the same map.... 2x esh breaches

pMjFspH.jpg
    w2wp35j.jpg

second one is almost perfect too!

making my way slowly into yellow maps.. and lo and behold i get the one OP flask i needed!
    2mnSTvU.jpg

also got an apeps slumber, which i think is pretty rare?
    dU9bCQo.jpg

and FINALLY found an abyssal depths, got an ilvl 76 stygian. chaos spammed it to 65 life and 45 res!
    NrC7hJJ.jpg
    self crafted the phys murderous, alt spammed then aug'd and regal'd. the fire dmg is not great since it will be wasted when i switch to brutality but still not bad!

this build is going to use like 10 abyss jewels for the flat phys so thankfully its a super common mod

poe is great

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Nice, looks like your SSF is rolling so far.

I did a cheap soulrend as a starter. Really fun, but I should done it in Synthesis and saved ED/Contagion for this event. There are enough high health enemies that I have to go back to use bane to finish them off. With ED, beyond enemies get contagion'd and you only have to go back for the super bosses. Not really an issue overall, but it does interrupt the flow of the soulrend build. I do like how you can cast it, then just shield charge for a screen or two along side it. It actually reminds me of ED quite a lot. A little less clunky, but sometimes you have to recast a bit more.

Got enough currency to start my flicker strike build, figured that is about the only melee skill I haven't used.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I started an SSF character since that's how I normally play anyways. I need to figure out where I'm stopping levelwise. How high do you get from just going through the acts normally?

Also thank you for filterblade, it's a lifesaver. I'm still leaving a lot of stuff but at least the important stuff is highlighted and the total crap is hidden. I'm about 30 now, and I'm ignoring basically all blues, any yellow weapons that aren't for my build (1h axes) and picking up most yellow armor that I can wear, particularly if it has good slots. I pick up white 1h axes in case I want to gamble a chance orb on them, especially superior ones. Still picking up chromatics as well, and flasks for upgrading. I'm picking up skill gems but I have A LOT, should I stop?

Also which stash tab is the best value? I'm thinking currency or uniques?

• Options
    Currency tab is a life saver. If you plan on engaging the end game at all, a map tab is super important, but useless while going through the Acts.

Always pick up chromatic orbs, and things you can sell to make chromatic orbs.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I started an SSF character since that's how I normally play anyways. I need to figure out where I'm stopping levelwise. How high do you get from just going through the acts normally?

Also thank you for filterblade, it's a lifesaver. I'm still leaving a lot of stuff but at least the important stuff is highlighted and the total crap is hidden. I'm about 30 now, and I'm ignoring basically all blues, any yellow weapons that aren't for my build (1h axes) and picking up most yellow armor that I can wear, particularly if it has good slots. I pick up white 1h axes in case I want to gamble a chance orb on them, especially superior ones. Still picking up chromatics as well, and flasks for upgrading. I'm picking up skill gems but I have A LOT, should I stop?

Just doing story mode gets you to around level 70. Usually your first character of the league spends some time farming Blood Aqueducts for a Tabula and you don't end up in maps until 75ish.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular

Pick up superior skill gems and gems you are interested in, the rest are garbage. (With the exception of a couple weird rare ones but the item filter will alert you to those). You can sell quality skill gems you don't need to the vendors for skill gem quality increasing currency.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Buy a currency tab and one or two premium tabs immediately imo, if the sale is running.
    Map tab will become very useful if you plan on spending any time in endgame, divination card tab is good for organizing and saving clutter as is a fragment tab.

• Options
    Currency tab is p much mandatory at this point

It's such an amazing time saver where you just ctrl click until your toon stash is empty.

• Options
    some more ssf goodies from todays grind!
    first raw annulment drop! pretty sure they are exalt rare (same as divines)
    TaUhjig.png

i was sooooooo salty i didnt have the 2k coins needed for these kaoms, they would be a BiS boots for me =[

tyt1lI4.png

and it finally happened! the daily exalt!!!!

yvUEkkW.png

will probably same them for slamming gg jewels, i dont think i will get the multimod recipe in ssf

hit 87 today! out all night but should be grinding a ton tomorrow!!!

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

Pick up superior skill gems and gems you are interested in, the rest are garbage. (With the exception of a couple weird rare ones but the item filter will alert you to those). You can sell quality skill gems you don't need to the vendors for skill gem quality increasing currency.

So the filter I'm using (semi-strict) shows all skill gems I think? Will it give the colored background/bigger text to the rare/quality ones?

I feel like I have a lot of chromatic orbs but it also seems like something you can burn through a bunch of trying to roll the right color slots.

• Options
    How'd you manage to get that playing on a game boy?

• Options
    How'd you manage to get that playing on a game boy?

my work laptop is a great piece of hardware! dynamic resolution keeps it at 60 fps too

sort of like a bob ross painting

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Oof, Cadibro trying to hook you up =/

many bros have been missed

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options

So the filter I'm using (semi-strict) shows all skill gems I think? Will it give the colored background/bigger text to the rare/quality ones?

I feel like I have a lot of chromatic orbs but it also seems like something you can burn through a bunch of trying to roll the right color slots.

the ones that say (superior) skill gem, like superior molten strike are the ones you want to pick. every other gem is buyable from npc for dirt cheap

there are 4 i think that arent, and they will be highligted on your loot filter (enlighten, empowr, enhance and portal)

you will never have enough chroms T_T

wait until you try to 3 off colour a Queen of the forest or something

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »

the ones that say (superior) skill gem, like superior molten strike are the ones you want to pick. every other gem is buyable from npc for dirt cheap

there are 4 i think that arent, and they will be highligted on your loot filter (enlighten, empowr, enhance and portal)

This is what I'm trying to do now with my dex/int boots, R-R-B B...

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Brody wrote: »

Depending on the stat requirements, seems like this would be pretty easy on the crafting bench with the "at least 1 red socket" option

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Rius on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Brody wrote: »

Depending on the stat requirements, seems like this would be pretty easy on the crafting bench with the "at least 1 red socket" option

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Should take 6 tries 3.2 tries with 2R1B craft, but I think thats 400 chroms, which I do not have. I have tried that recipe twice, and then had to spend another ~15 to get it back to R-R-B G so I could put my wither totem back in it.

Brody on

• Options
    Don't do 2R1B, just do 1R. No matter what the stat requirements on your dex/int boots are, it should take less than 100 chromes (ideally less than 70) to hit RRBB.

• Options
    Don't do 2R1B, just do 1R. No matter what the stat requirements on your dex/int boots are, it should take less than 100 chromes (ideally less than 70) to hit RRBB.

And this is our daily lesson in "look up the chrom calculator before wasting a couple hundred chromatics".

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Why not just use jewellers orbs to get them?

Roll 2 sockets, color them 2R. Then keep rolling another socket with Jewellers until you get your 2 blues. When you roll down 3 to 2, you'll never lose your reds. So just go 3 sockets and back to 2 sockets if it doesn't give you a blue. And once the 3rd socket rolls blue, roll for 4 sockets in the same process.

Like, maybe, what, 50-60 jewellers and 25 chroms? Tops?

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with that, it just burns your jewellers instead of your chromes. Depends on what your upcoming needs are; I like saving all my jewellers and trying to 6L shit