As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I think the "issues" with Delve are overblown and point to GGG being right about how players would play a single way repeatedly until it becomes tedious simply because it's "optimal." It's a thing you can sometimes do other than map.

I also don't believe in 40/40 or even 36/40 challenges being something an average player should achieve without a lot of planning and time investment so the argument that "if it's too hard we aren't guaranteed to complete challenges" falls flat.

Betrayal, I dunno I feel like unveiling happens too slowly and safehouses are not quite common enough, at the same time increasing intel gathering would lock your safehouse members in branches too quickly giving you less room to manipulate rewards. There's probably a balance here that won't just be a simple and wrong solution. As for performance issues I didn't have any in 3.6 with an 8 year old PC (which has added a SSD and a 1060 in recent years) but I recognize that requiring an SSD for a smooth experience isn't viable.

I also don't know how HDD players tolerate load times in any game whatsoever, let alone PoE normal gameplay. Getting an SSD was the single biggest hardware upgrade I've made in my entire life. So singling out Betrayal FPS drops as the only pain point feels a little strange. I think people just don't like fighting dangerous things and use technical issues as an excuse. Reddit is cancer.

I hope they figure out how to reduce Intervention lag without nerfing Syndicate damage just to see the goalposts move.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    The Syndicate is the worst content addition in the game's history. Ruining the master crafting system for early league gear progression is already enough to make me hate it, the horrible field bosses are just garnish.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I dunno about "ruining"

The old master dailies to get crafting options was fucking horrible.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Oh you weren't able to kick open that fucking chest?

No 6S/6L crafting for you until tomorrow then!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Honest opinion: I'm actually really going to miss the Memory Nexus.
    Synthesized items were like 99% tedium and bad rolls, but the actual content, Cavas and the Nexus, were super fun and rewarding.

• Options
    Doing dailies to get your master crafting was both deterministic and took less overall time than the new system.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I think the "issues" with Delve are overblown and point to GGG being right about how players would play a single way repeatedly until it becomes tedious simply because it's "optimal." It's a thing you can sometimes do other than map.

I also don't believe in 40/40 or even 36/40 challenges being something an average player should achieve without a lot of planning and time investment so the argument that "if it's too hard we aren't guaranteed to complete challenges" falls flat.

Betrayal, I dunno I feel like unveiling happens too slowly and safehouses are not quite common enough, at the same time increasing intel gathering would lock your safehouse members in branches too quickly giving you less room to manipulate rewards. There's probably a balance here that won't just be a simple and wrong solution. As for performance issues I didn't have any in 3.6 with an 8 year old PC (which has added a SSD and a 1060 in recent years) but I recognize that requiring an SSD for a smooth experience isn't viable.

I also don't know how HDD players tolerate load times in any game whatsoever, let alone PoE normal gameplay. Getting an SSD was the single biggest hardware upgrade I've made in my entire life. So singling out Betrayal FPS drops as the only pain point feels a little strange. I think people just don't like fighting dangerous things and use technical issues as an excuse. Reddit is cancer.

I hope they figure out how to reduce Intervention lag without nerfing Syndicate damage just to see the goalposts move.

I'm running on an SSD and during some patches I was virtually guaranteed to die during interventions in yellow maps because 'FPS drops' in this context meant the screen literally stopped changing until the death message popped up, for literally ten or fifteen seconds. I think there are clearly performance issues that are more complicated to assess than just 'get an SSD' or 'get more RAM' or whatever (I have, e.g., 16 gigs of RAM).

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Doing dailies to get your master crafting was both deterministic and took less overall time than the new system.

I didn't play synthesis league but in betrayal league I had almost every recipe before I hit 80, doing master dailies in previous leagues was tedious chore and also unintuitive because I didn't know which master gave what or which enchants I wanted

It might have sucked in synthesis but in betrayal it was amazing

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Vorici's stuff for socket color/number/links has been moved to Delve, most of which are fairly accessible, but the 6L recipe can't be found until ~300.
    Various recipes are in level 3 Atzoatl rooms, including crit chance, crit multi, and minion damage for weapons.
    Meta mods are now part of the Pale Court prophecy chain, which is admittedly easier than getting level 8 was.

Everything else is from unveiling drops, which is mostly RNG. Member specific stuff can be pretty rough; I still don't have Leo's belt damage or Vagan's hits can't be evaded for example. Other stuff is just rare in general, I didn't finish 'trigger socketed spell' until like 3 weeks in which was key to my build for procing EE and EO.

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    I hope they don't nerf storm burst and gained chaos. Because I totally will do this build again.

How did that work?

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Vorici's stuff for socket color/number/links has been moved to Delve, most of which are fairly accessible, but the 6L recipe can't be found until ~300.
    Various recipes are in level 3 Atzoatl rooms, including crit chance, crit multi, and minion damage for weapons.
    Meta mods are now part of the Pale Court prophecy chain, which is admittedly easier than getting level 8 was.

Everything else is from unveiling drops, which is mostly RNG. Member specific stuff can be pretty rough; I still don't have Leo's belt damage or Vagan's hits can't be evaded for example. Other stuff is just rare in general, I didn't finish 'trigger socketed spell' until like 3 weeks in which was key to my build for procing EE and EO.

The veiled mods were largely not even available in the old masters crafting options.

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »

I'm running on an SSD and during some patches I was virtually guaranteed to die during interventions in yellow maps because 'FPS drops' in this context meant the screen literally stopped changing until the death message popped up, for literally ten or fifteen seconds. I think there are clearly performance issues that are more complicated to assess than just 'get an SSD' or 'get more RAM' or whatever (I have, e.g., 16 gigs of RAM).

Indeed.

I've got an SSD and 16 gigs of RAM but I'd be walking along, I'd hear the portal open and one of the masters make a comment, screen freezes, and then "YOU HAVE DIED!"

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Projectiles for various gems have had the way they interact with the environment changes so now you can shoot them through doors .

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2510710

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I was just going to post that! Melee patch fixes projectiles lul

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Omfg im going freezing pulse

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    This change applies to Frostbolt, Freezing Pulse, Holy Flame Totem, Spectral Shield Throw, Spirit Burst, Scourge Arrow, Wild Strike, Lancing Steel and Shattering Steel. They are not smaller against enemies.

*Spectral Throw sobs in a corner*

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »

They added in the full betrayal load in around a month ago, so this shouldn't be an issue anymore. The current issue with betrayal is that it's overly random to get crafting recipes. Delve has some serious early delving balance issues. You won't start to be able to consistently run 75 darkness resistance, 150 light radius, and 150 light radius on flares until depth 130-140. It can make early delve very punishing.

Personally, I would both like better access to Delve (less Niko farming) but also understand GGG's issue with making it too easy. In Flashback, I'm making better xp per hour doing level 79 delves than I do running lvl 81-82 (T14-T15) maps simply due to the high mob density and lack of needing to ever backtrack.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    There is a tutorial to delete your saved shaders that helped me a bit before I got my new computer and got a full new install with ssd and better components. I still stutter a bit on betrayal but its not like it was.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    I hope they don't nerf storm burst and gained chaos. Because I totally will do this build again.

How did that work?

I did a write up on it earlier in the thread, but in a nutshell the idea is that each time you convert damage, you trigger a "gained elemental damage as extra chaos damage" or "gain all damage as extra chaos damage". The conversion path is:

Phys -> Lit -> Cold -> Fire -> Chaos

Storm burst is 100% physical with 50% of it converted to lightning. So you can either run Phys-to-Lit or run both gloves with 25% PTL and the conversion nodes west of Templar to get 100% conversion. I use PTL as it gives 29% more lit damage. Then you use two Call of the Brotherhood to get 80% Lit-to-Cold. Then you use cold to fire to get 50% cold to fire and 29% of cold gained as fire.

Trickster's Harness The Void gives you 18.75% of non-chaos as gained chaos. Incandescent Heart gives you 20% (19% for my roll) of elemental as gained chaos. Eber's Unification gives 8% of elemental as gained chaos. An elder amulet gives you 13% non-chaos as gained chaos. This nets you 31.75% of phys damage as gained chaos, and 59.75% of each element as gained chaos.

If you go through the math, what you end up with is a hit that is, based on the phys being 100%, 25.8% lightning, 21.7% cold, 81.5% fire, and 219.2% chaos. The reason the elemental totals to more than 100% is because of the two 29% gains applied (PTL and CTF). Note that this matches up with my tooltip being about 63% chaos and the rest as elemental.

Currently I'm running CI with 8.9k ES, and Incandescent Heart gives 25% of elemental taken as chaos so my effective ES is higher. I could give up about 1200 or so ES by swapping to Disintegrator, which would more than double my DPS, but my DPS is already stupidly high. According to PoB, my shaper DPS is around 650k (without shock, with flasks and charges). And I get up to 15 stacks, so my sustain dps is just under 10M. And my burst is even higher due to the duration mechanic, which lets me hit for upwards of 20M if I can get all my stacks going and they overlap.

I did Uber Elder and basically one shot each phase by timing my releases. And I've got something like 2.5% energy shield leech and 190% increased leech rate, so if I'm not getting one shot I'm practically full.

If you want to look at my character, my account name is Heffling. You can import it into PoB.

• Options
    (theres a reason why theyre getting rid of xxxx gaijed as extra chaos and that harness the void was one of the last standouts)

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Hey you know Wicked Ward on the Occultist? No you don't because now it's on the passive tree. No interruption from damage if recharge started recently, but halved ES leech rate maximum and regen per second.

Absalon on
  • Options
    Absalon wrote: »
    Hey you know Wicked Ward on the Occultist? No you don't because now it's on the passive tree. No interruption from damage if recharge started recently, but halved ES leech and recharge per second.

Kinda good

It felt weird that it was an Occultist-only thing, really limited ES build options and even Occultist build options

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

Brutus is going to kill my second 3.7 character (Hailrake will get first blood of course) and i will grin like an idiot for an hour afterwards

My body is ready

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Big image, Gladiator "rework" (not a lot changed except GOTTA GO FAST)
    i6m0z83842u0.jpg

Attack speed from small nodes is lower but not just one-hand anymore.
    The small nodes' block bonuses are still dual or one-hand and shield only.

Gnurrrrr... I guess it makes sense for the ascendancy.

14 - 6 - 10 - 8 and 10 - 8 - 6 - 12 seem sensible. That is strong defensively and offensively. 20% more attack speed and movement speed is powerful.

Crab Glad should also be powerful: Melee damage buffs means you can kill shit properly, basically can't die to hits and Phys DoTs take forever, get Arena Challenger and go x million miles an hour.

Absalon on
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Absalon wrote: »
    Big image, Gladiator "rework" (not a lot changed except GOTTA GO FAST)
    i6m0z83842u0.jpg

Attack speed from small nodes is lower but not just one-hand anymore
    The small nodes' block bonuses are still one-hand and shield only

Gnurrrrr... I guess it makes sense for the ascendancy.

14 - 6 - 10 - 8 and 10 - 8 - 6 - 12 seem sensible.

Crab Glad should also be powerful: Melee damage buffs means you can kill shit properly, basically can't die to hits and Phys DoTs take forever, get Arena Challenger and go x million miles an hour.

Huh? The small nodes block chance says shield and dual wielding. I'm pretty sure it always has.

Etiowsa on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    You are correct - still it would be nice if there was a two-hander viability but that doesn't fit with the established Gladiator flavor. I can't understand why they think Outmatch and Outlast is good enough to compete.

Absalon on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Will have to see what Blood and Sand stance do, but that might be a useful Uber Lab ascendency pickup for Max Block HoA. It's not like you had very good options for those last points anyway.

Characters
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBp6yeVSiDU

some tldr

y main takeaways:

Chris made a point that "tagging" the Legion mobs will be non-trivial, might be tanky af
    Legion jewels will be somewhat accessible to the "typical Reddit player"
    5-Legion maps will be a lot better than doing 2, 3, etc
    Indirect buff to indoor maps, Legion mob placement better there, more dense
    Chris stresses there are a lot of Legion mobs, one example was 300 mobs from one Monolith
    Delve/Betrayal changes will be meaningful part of 3.8 rather than bandaid fix
    Jonathan made a point the complaint about "too much to do" and wanting to interact with specific mechanics (Betrayal, Incursion, etc) will be adressed somehow in 3.8
    Jonathan mentions that now that they fixed melee, one of the big things they want to deal with is how items drop (the insane number of white/useless loot, etc), probably won't be in 3.8
    On topic of MF, Chris says Item Quantity may be removed from the game one day, but still wants to keep Item Rarity
    Skillbar may be reworked during 3.7
    "We love angry Reddit threads" - Chris 2019
    2h weapons will do 60% more damage than 1h weapons (an increase to base damage)
    GGG has prepared popcorn to watch how players deal with Porcupines without IC
    Rare mobs have had their life doubled (beasts may be finetuned, internal QA complaints they became unkillable)
    Fortify support has a damage multiplier now, new obligatory support

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Skillbar may be reworked during 3.7
    Please lord yes; worst part of playing a necromancer.
    GGG has prepared popcorn to watch how players deal with Porcupines without IC
    lol

Rius on
  • Options
    I know I'm going to grab popcorn and watch Zizaran's stream for the inevitable porcupine explosions.

Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    SLAY
    22h3n09vkjga.jpg
    Okay now this is the stuff sirs and madams.
    You want 8% base crit chance for all attacks? 20 % more damage against bosses? 20% increased move speed basically all the time? The return of your old pal "stun immunity during leeching"? Slayer boy offers it all and more besides, come slay come all!

Starforge with 8% base crit... Of course, every single Cyclone Slayer-compatible item just tripled in price at least. If you ask me 2>4>6>12 ain't looking too shabby, but 12>8>10>4 is also tempting, should have high survivability and helps with accuracy and AoE. 2>8>10>4 also sacrifices the 20% cull but really helps with crits.

4>6>8>10 is the boilerplate choice that is just obviously good for most people. 20% more damage against bosses and auto-cull at 20%. Then you get overleech and stun immunity, and on top of it you get a bunch of free attack speed and increased damage. Our cup runneth over.

Oh damn all of this is not limited to melee either, save for 12. Bow Slayer is back.

I am sure some build will make great use of Masterful Form but I think it will be used by a very very small minority of players.

Absalon on
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I'll still run the standard pathing because leech is such an easy defensive mechanic but removing the 2H restriction from all the travel nodes is awesome.

• Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bvqabg/all_changes_on_slayer_ascendancy/

This is a summary of what changed from the previous Slayer.

• Options
    That's...that's a lot of weapon base crit.

Characters
  • Options
    jesus christ slayer is so fucking OP

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    People are saying bow slayer will be a world eater next league.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    GO BERSERK
    nxy6i9s8vua7.jpg
    B-Blitz charges? Critzerker?! Blitz charges reduce your crit chance but give you attack speed.

Is this an attack Trickster? OH DEAR LORD look at the new Rite of Ruin and its TRIPLED effects for having rage. This is pure glass cannon. Throw on as much life, leech and armor as you can because you are going to need it. War Bringer will be very useful to a lot of builds. Rage will no longer hurt you when out of combat, that is a good solution.

2>4>8>14 is a good softcore choice. 8>14>10>12 should be decent because Savage hits are not uncommon and you get a lot of leech there. 2>8>10>12 can also work - I feel that Aspect of Carnage isn't as strong as it should be.

8>6>2>4 is probably HC viable if you can get some stun immunity.

Absalon on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I'm assuming Rite of Ruin applies to the double damage effect, in which case, 37.5% chance to deal double damage while at max Rage, oooh.

Edit: Although, if they're specifically wording it as "effects granted for having rage", then I could see the argument that it only applies to the bracketed text that starts with "You gain the following effects for having Rage", in which case mild disappointment.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    I don't have any fucking idea what to play, I almost never play melee