As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    elldren for cyclone you need weapon range and aoe

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019

yes but from where?

like the two major aoe clusters are all the way on the opposite side of the tree and weapon range feels... mediocre

edit: this is especially true since i'm not pathing to RT because i want to crit things because this is a freeze build

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Elldren wrote: »

yes but from where?

like the two major aoe clusters are all the way on the opposite side of the tree and weapon range feels... mediocre

edit: this is especially true since i'm not pathing to RT because i want to crit things because this is a freeze build

so the basic idea here is that the bonuses are multiplicative

weapon range adds base radius which is then modified by the %you get from aoe nodes (the weapon range stat has nonlinear returns because it is literally scaling the radius and this squared gives you the area that is then %multiplied by your generic area of effect)

cyclone gets added range per stage, so one way to increase your range is to attack faster (and get to max stacks faster)

so, various procedures:

step 1: 20% quality cyclone. 10% aoe right there
    step 2: carcass jack. 50% radius on chest
    step 3: weapons with added range.
    step 4: warlord's reach unique jewel q, act 5 quest reward
    step 5: daresso's salute neck, +2 range
    step 6: possible meme swords (most commonly abused is triple white prismatic eclipse)
    step 7: dying sun!
    step 8: deafening essence of dread (+3 range to a weapon), could combo this on an elder one-handed weapon and pray you roll the 15% aoe for maximum memes, get two of those and ur off to the races OR the 3% aoe per 50 str roll, so a potential strength stack build with dual elder one-handed maces with +3 range, 15% aoe AND 3% aoe per 50str... or the 5% aoe per endurance charge / 35% aoe if enemy stunned recently
    step 9: inc aoe support and pulverise support
    step 10: corrupt all your jewels to get the %area of effect corruption (5% per jewel)
    step 11: pure talent jewel connected to marauder start (15% melee aoe)
    step 12: staff or mace nodes which give aoe (eg staff cluster gives 3% aoe per power charge + some other goodies)
    step 13: 10% aoe belt corruption
    step 14: shaper helm with supported by aoe which gives global 15% aoe
    step 15: ascendancies. if you want to go witch you can go occultist for 5% aoe per power charge, or elementalist for 75% aoe on rotation from pendulum (which is jolly). if you go scion you could go saboteur/slayer to get 30% aoe on kill and 30% just from sab with 6% pen, 25% blind, culling, life leech not removed and immunity to phys reflect
    step
    step 16: MAYBE 10% aoe from the level 22 blight gloves whose name I forget? the final meme

i think that's pretty close to everything.

EDIT: http://poe.trade/search/asihekasimebah

that search will show you some double aoe roll elder maces. not all that expensive!

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    So I bought this helmet for real cheap this morning, just 15c. I then blew most of an exalt on fucking vaal orbs trying to roll it 4B in the crafting bench before I actually used my brain cells and checked PoB. Turns out that with +2 Duration Gems, Blight's best links go from 4B to 3B1G, because swapping Controlled Destruction for Swift Affliction is better because the latter has the Duration tag.

So here's the end result;

exhkir28kuq3.jpg

Now you put a level 21 Vaal Blight in there, with Infused Channeling + Efficacy + Swift Affliction, and that's a nice DPS boost. All three of those support gems also have the Duration tag.

I wasted a bunch of currency but I got the helmet for a fucking steal, so it all balances out in the end. And now I have a 38% more damaging Blight, which is really great for single targets.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    @Elldren Sinvicta's Mettle gives 2% aoe per 25 Rampage kills. There's also a crit wheel next to RT if you're interested in pathing to the Templar aoe nodes. 4 points for 125% melee crit chance and 45% multi.

Edit: my beserker is pathed to it which is why I'm contemplating those aoe nodes.

Carpy on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Yilias wrote: »
    Unid chaos recipe with the quad tab auto sort and multiple loot filters is a very efficient way to make money early on for minimal effort.

@Aktn Bstrd If you have a premium stash tab, I like to ID the rares, and throw them in a "everything 5c" tab. That way, if someone wants to buy something, I get more than 1c for a set, but after stuff has sat for a while, you just throw it through the vendors.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Sweet. thanks. I gained a few levels and dumped the passive points in to more survivibility and got my resists up above 40+ each again, so I'm doing fine now in Act 6. Good to know it's going to happen again after Act 10 so I can be ready. My gear was WAY slanted to DPS. I was overkilling basically everything but was paper. Got that corrected.

My normal goals are to get 1,700 life by Act 10, which is enough for you to chug through tier 1-5 maps. The game assumes you have 75% resists once you hit maps, so having 50% resists is essentially the same as mobs dealing double their normal damage. You can get belts and boots with 100-120% resists (eg 40% fire 20% lightning 60% cold) for dirt cheap if they don't have life or movespeed on them. Movespeed is extremely important for QoL so try to get some 30% MS boots as soon as you can, but you can live without them.

Ideally you'll have around +160% Life from your tree (at level 85-90), depending on your build, and you want high life rolls on pretty much every piece of gear you can get it on. If you manage to cap out your resists, it's not hard to get a +150-180 life belt just from ID scrolling rares, which can turn into +500~ life. Delve fossils can also make gloves and body armors that give +3-10% max life, which can give you huge survivability gains.

Flasks start to become very important in the late game. Increased Recovery Rate/Instant Recovery life flasks, Basalt flasks (15% reduced phys damage), and Stibnite flasks (blinds enemies) are all very important.

I'm current rocking 3,500 life with 76/76/76 resists and am pretty tanky going into Tier 7 maps with a Basalt flask and Molten Shell.

• Options
    I made a belt

bmk5atu4bcx4.jpg

94% damage belt no big deal

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I've disconnected 5 times today trying to do normal lab

i guess poe has decided i'm not going to play today

I feel you, I was doing my second lab and after uhh lets say an experimental death regarding traps... I crashed like 4 times before I finally got it down.

Juggie is like cruise control for easy this league. I'm not even following a guide, I'm just herp a derping with axes and I'm a god damn menance.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So if my axe says "attacks have blood magic" that means attack skills will take life instead of mana, but it won't like make my mana reserve stuff like herald of ash take life instead right?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    i put on ele prolif and got a +2 lightning gems alphas for 15c for ??? reasons and thus could get herald of thunder and

https://youtu.be/AO2rfAJywR4

oh god i made an autobomber by accident not again

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man 85c for a lions roar. Oh well its a huge dps increase so yay.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man 85c for a lions roar. Oh well its a huge dps increase so yay.

I still need to buy one of these.

I'd also like to buy a Devoto's, but combined that's about 150c+ this league.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Hmmmm, trying to decide what to do with my 3rd ascendency. Berserker, went to blitz with the first two labs. While I'm eventually going to to get the triple rage node I don't know that I want the basic rage node since I'm using rage support.

Rage node let's me slot something like lgoh which should be a lot of sustain since I'm at like 12 aps, although it's a ton of flat damage you lose.

Edit: Cyclone beserker on a 4L, Added physical, Rage, fortify

Carpy on
  • Options
    Yeah this blood magic on attack is nice, basically means I don't need mana, but I still have mana for my % of mana on hold.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Okay so here's my basic idea

I get the Impale nodes on the tree, run Dread Banner, and have Impale Support on my Barrage. That's 100% chance to impale and 104% increased impale effect. On the 6th hit from Barrage, I'm doing double damage. And keep in mind, impale works by un-mitigated damage, not damage after armor.

I've got 50% chance to bleed on regular hits, 100% chance to bleed on crits. When enemies are bleeding I do believe my effective flat damage doubles from the Crimson Storm and toss an additional 120% increased damage from Haemophilia and the Deadeye ascendancy. Also, 500% Crit Multiplier.

Precision and Assassins Mark should get me up to near 70% Chance to Crit.

I'm curious to see if it all comes together like I'm hoping. Impale being weak last league was holding back the build I think.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Just got level 60. Definitely the farthest I've taken a PoE character before.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

I get the Impale nodes on the tree, run Dread Banner, and have Impale Support on my Barrage. That's 100% chance to impale and 104% increased impale effect. On the 6th hit from Barrage, I'm doing double damage. And keep in mind, impale works by un-mitigated damage, not damage after armor.

I've got 50% chance to bleed on regular hits, 100% chance to bleed on crits. When enemies are bleeding I do believe my effective flat damage doubles from the Crimson Storm and toss an additional 120% increased damage from Haemophilia and the Deadeye ascendancy. Also, 500% Crit Multiplier.

I'm curious to see if it all comes together like I'm hoping. Impale being weak last league was holding back the build I think.

What are you planning to use for packs? I was planning on doing something similar to this, but fave up since the base dmg on each shot is so low and it's single target. Also, if you run champion you can hit 100 impale without dread banner and can run war instead for the physical increase to enemies.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm a little nervous about taking ED to Uber Elder. ED alone, even with a level 4 Empower, is only about 217k dps with my current gear. If I can stand still and do Blight plus Wither stacks I can do around 450k, but that's not particularly high and I doubt I'll have the opportunity to do so very often.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    120ES boots with 30% MS when I'm playing CI: 80c
    120ES boots with 30% MS when I'm playing armor/evasion: 1c

Guess when I find three pairs of them.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Unid chaos recipe with the quad tab auto sort and multiple loot filters is a very efficient way to make money early on for minimal effort.

Wait, how does the quad tab auto sort? That's one tab I don't have.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    You have to set it up yourself. (Note that I didn't invent this method, I had it recommended by a friend who got it from a content creator)

First you take your quad tab and put in some spacer items (I use ID scrolls):
    OvljG3O.png

Then you set your loot filter to show helmets and chests of a relevant ilvl, and when you dump them in your tab they'll sort themselves because of your spacers. This one has my helmet and chest column complete:
    xBYIC9Q.png

Once you finish a column you change your loot filter to the next column. Since helmet and chest are done, mine is currently on gloves/weapon. I have helmet/chest, helmet/weapon, glove/chest, glove/weapon, etc. Jewellery goes in it's own dump tab.

After all 8 rows are full you can just grab 8 amulets and 16 rings from your dump tab, then go to this quad tab and click straight across to add the pieces for 2 recipes. This method makes it a lot easier to do chaos recipes because you don't have to remember what pieces you need and you don't have to self sort your sets.

E: Oh, and a google drive link for the loot filters which are an edit of filterblade: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eCnDrIuJnnCMvAkEiY_TlsElOLqFOyVC

Yilias on
  • Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Brody wrote: »

@Aktn Bstrd If you have a premium stash tab, I like to ID the rares, and throw them in a "everything 5c" tab. That way, if someone wants to buy something, I get more than 1c for a set, but after stuff has sat for a while, you just throw it through the vendors.

That's a good idea! I bought a premium stash bundle so I've got a few of them. I wonder sometimes if I'm vendoring something that would be good for a build I'm not familiar with. I've probably tossed a lot of decent items that way lol.

I have a delve question... I'm at work or I'd just test this myself. Does life gain on hit work while delving when the enemies are immune? I know you can't leech so i was trying to think of alternative ways to stay alive. I'm trying to plan out a delve farmer. I was thinking a lot of movement speed, life gain on hit claws, and cyclone. Just something basic for currency farming.

Aktn Bstrd on
  • Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »

What are you planning to use for packs? I was planning on doing something similar to this, but fave up since the base dmg on each shot is so low and it's single target. Also, if you run champion you can hit 100 impale without dread banner and can run war instead for the physical increase to enemies.

volley fire jewels

thousands of volley fire jewels

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    LGoH does work on immune Delve monsters. Claw Molten Strike can basically sit in darkness forever as long as there are things to hit.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm nuts, but I wish bosses reset when they killed you.

Feel bad when I end up zerging one down before I get it's mechanics down. coughcoughAvarius/Innocencecoughcough

• Options
    I'm a little nervous about taking ED to Uber Elder. ED alone, even with a level 4 Empower, is only about 217k dps with my current gear. If I can stand still and do Blight plus Wither stacks I can do around 450k, but that's not particularly high and I doubt I'll have the opportunity to do so very often.

You should be having much more damage than that, especially with a level 4 empower. With conservative estimates, my ED with a level 3 empower would be doing 300k+ by itself.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »

Tornado Shot

• Options
    Ticking on Infusion brings me up to 238k. My gear is probably the culprit, I've got around 20 ex but I hate trading with a passion.

https://pastebin.com/2KbV0dFv

• Options
    Ticking on Infusion brings me up to 238k. My gear is probably the culprit, I've got around 20 ex but I hate trading with a passion.

https://pastebin.com/2KbV0dFv

A cheap wand with spell damage and 20%+ CDoTMulti would do you a lot of good, and you can afford way more than a cheap one. You can also get CDoTMulti on Elder gloves and amulets, though I haven't gotten either myself because the market there is always very slim. Better to alteration and multimod your own thing, which is what I'll be doing for an amulet. You could fossil craft a -9% chaos res delve helmet or pick up a Vertex like I did and put Blight in it.

Your Evasion% is low, so you pathed to Acrobatics, but it takes a lot of your ES (and block%) away. Combined, you're not getting a lot of value out of Ghost Shrouds which means you can't stand and cast Blight as often. Look for EV/ES base rares with lots of excess Cold Resistance (and/or opportunities to craft Cold+Chaos resistance) to pump up your Evasion; you can get ~75% attack evade even against Shaper/Elder with about 18k Evasion before flasks, and you'll get bigger ES heals from Ghost Shrouds too. With a Jade flask of Reflexes up at that point, you'll have 42k+ evasion for an 86% attack evade chance; who needs Acrobatics when only one in 6 attacks is hitting you?

Edit: I noticed you had Blood Stance on in PoB instead of Sand. With Sand, you've got a much higher effective evade chance against attacks, but only from nearby enemies. You still want a higher base Evasion rating so you can better evade arrow shots from distant Eternal Empire archer assholes and Vaal Axe Thrower punks.

Jewel suffixes give you opportunities to pick up spare resists you're missing, or Dexterity. Life% + CDoTM jewels are very expensive right now so I've forgone life% on my jewels in favor of more damage/spare bits.

Here's what your pathing might look like, to get 3 more jewel sockets and be a bit more efficient in the upper left part of the tree, without losing much of anything. I threw in a cheap ass jewel and put it in the three new sockets. Without any changes in gear, your Essence Drain is up to 263k.

https://pastebin.com/UPJAQBQ9

• Options
    Thanks!

Gear progression is something I still struggle with a lot. When I was first learning to play I played exclusively summoners and could avoid the problem because a Tabula and some blues could take you anywhere.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Makes sense; chaos DoT is a fun playstyle but the damage was relatively weak before 3.6 added Chaos DoT Multi. We definitely need as much of that as we can get, since it's a third category of DPS boosting (Increased/More/Multi).

Except for Malevolence Watcher's Eyes. Those are like 8ex right now and they don't add all that much more DPS (11% for me) than a 3 DPS affix jewel (6% for me) does. Way way overpriced. I see profiles on poe.ninja all the time with shit gear and a malevolence watcher's eye and I'm like bruh

PoB is a godsend

Rius on
  • Options
    Was also able to buy the getting super expensive lethal pride. If you don't have one yet might want to grab one.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Was also able to buy the getting super expensive lethal pride. If you don't have one yet might want to grab one.

Real quick, what's the deal with this jewel? Will I want one on my 2h chieftain?

• Options
    It doesn't have any negatives to the tree. It just adds to each node you have taken around it. I put it by Bezerking and it adds 10% chance to taunt. And like 4 str to all the other nodes. But after that I tried the main Templar outer node. It adds 10% more fortify effect and goodies to all those nodes there. Was like a 10% or more dmg buff and a flat easy 2% dmg reduct. And some more.

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    PoB is a godsend

HISSS

USE NOT THE POB

if i used pob i would never turn on poe its EVIL do not trust it trust only the MEMES

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    This Bronn's Lithe refuses to 6-socket. I must be in 500+ at this point. I thought the 6 socket recipe was 150 jewelers, but it's actually 350, so I don't feel that bad, statistically speaking, but come on just 6 socket already.

...That way I can get started on the long process of 6 linking and then colouring it 2G-3R-1B.

Characters
  • Options
    Just casually looking up the prices on all the Timeless Jewels now and holy shit the Maraketh one (Brutal Restraint) has a single listing for 45ex

I guess that one's pretty rare huh

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Just casually looking up the prices on all the Timeless Jewels now and holy shit the Maraketh one (Brutal Restraint) has a single listing for 45ex

I guess that one's pretty rare huh

A guy did 18 runs of 5-way Army:
    18 Lethal Pride

13 Elegant Hubris

12 Glorious Vanity

9 Militant Faith

0 Brutal Restraint :(

...Seems rare, yup.

Characters
  • Options
    Sounds like 'Allocate Legion Passives' is this league's secretly stupid challenge then.