As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Sounds like 'Allocate Legion Passives' is this league's secretly stupid challenge then.

Yeah I'm used to there being challenges you flat out have to pay for but jesus 40ex

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    The upside is that once you buy the jewel and get your progress you can resell it.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I bought one of each of the other four, to play around with them. Notwithstanding whether or not you'd like one of their replacement Keystones, these are my thoughts so far;

Glorious Vanity (Vaal) - this one's a clusterfuck. Will alter the effects of every passive it touches. Small nodes turn into almost anything you can think of; resists, damage types, speed effects, etc. Notables also go crazy; minion stuff, aura stuff, defensive stuff. But nothing you couldn't otherwise get on the tree already, just in larger amounts or better clusters.

Don't put this anywhere near anything you want to keep as-is.

Militant Faith (Templar) - potentially very powerful. Each jewel comes with two random "X effect per 10 devotion." Turns your travel nodes into +10 devotion nodes. Adds +5 devotion to your other small passives. Might add devotion to existing notables, might transform them into something new entirely. Transformed notables always have a powerful effect that only turns on if you have 150 devotion. Unlike the Vaal jewels, the transformed Templar notables can give you really, really good stuff. Like +1 to all max resistances. But you have to spend lots of passives to hit that 150 devotion.

Put this jewel in an area where you're already happy with the small non-travel nodes. You'll get to keep them, plus get Devotion from them. Look for amazing transformed Notables at the end of those clusters.

Hitting this jewel with a Divine won't change the two "per 10 devotion" bonuses, so better ones will be significantly more expensive.

Elegant Hubris (Eternal Empire) - potentially very powerful. Transforms all small passives into blank passives. Transforms all notables into new, crazy-ass notables. Things like +80% [keyword] damage, or +30% effect of shock, or 4% ES per Power Charge, or 40% Rarity, 80% minion life, 15% attack speed, etc.

Put this jewel where it touches as few small passives as possible and as many notables as possible. The travel lines between the Scion areas and the rest of the tree are great options. You want as few smalls between your travel line and the notables as well.

Lethal Pride (Karui) - mildly powerful, no downside. Adds +2 or +4 strength to small nodes, adds various offensive or defensive bonuses to notables. The additions are of an attack nature, not a caster nature.

Yeah you should probably buy one of these if you're running a melee build. You will probably gain more than you lose for not socketing a traditional +dmg jewel.

Brutal Restraint (Maraketh) - Good luck, they're 40 ex and I have no idea yet what they do (apparently it only adds to things, like the Karui one does)

Rius on
  • Options
    The wiki has a list of all the mods: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Timeless_Jewel

Looks like one of the Maraketh options is Onslaught for 8 seconds on kill.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Im running earthquake and heavy strike crit all phys slayer; does anyone have any thoughts on the fourth ascension? I think I’m committed to headsman and related node, and obviously the crit node. That means can’t get full leech nodes; but endless hunger and impact both look very good.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i bought a meme hubris and you can get 240% minion life at top of tree for like 7 passives lel

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    So anyway yeah here's my Elegant Hubris, paid 10c for it, expecting to have to divine it some.

dbdkgxp4l1n6.jpg

As you can see, I got extremely lucky (edit: there are 45 possible replacement notables!) The keystone (which I wanted) is "life flasks also apply to ES + 30% less recovery from life flasks". Turns my life flask from a 2160 recovery to a 3000 recovery, instant when on low life.

The +10% life node isn't worth pathing to anymore so I just Regret'd it away. I'll probably push to the lower left into the Templar area now.

Rius on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oxr2LJs.jpg

I'm not even playing HoAg this league. I swear I'm not even trying to craft these things but holy damn, this is my best one yet.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    would note that for those wondering about aoe for barrage

just use voidfletcher as your quiver OR

the new lioneye's paws which trigger level 5 rain of arrows every second or so...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Just unlocked massive for the rest of the ascendancy trial and the game crashed on loading... god god damn you.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    The wiki has a list of all the mods: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Timeless_Jewel

With all these onslaught sources raider feels kinda meh : /

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Just unlocked massive for the rest of the ascendancy trial and the game crashed on loading... god god damn you.

I had that after getting speed and crits from darkshrines yesterday morning

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

Deadeye seems a better choice in general now if you have gear imo.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I tend to find I can "feel" crashes coming. Like the game will start to get hitchy, like it's a memory leak. When I notice that I try and get to a place I can restart the client as quickly as possible. That has lessened the amount of full crashes I was getting.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So I had been running infernal blow, because the available skills for Facebreaker early on are super limited, and it just didn't feel all that good. Queue hitting 28, and now I'm trying to decide between Ice Crash and Consecrated Path. Both feel super crunchy and look bad ass. I think Ice Crash will win because I got a Berek's ring drop from one of my incubators.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options

Deadeye seems a better choice in general now if you have gear imo.

Deadeye is projectiles only tho

Doesn’t help at all for eg cyclone

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    True, but Raider used to be a competitive option with Deadeye for projectile skills like bow builds or Spectral Throw. That's less of a thing now.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Boy, is it frustrating to read about all the progress and drops people are getting when I am too busy with work and having my wife come over to live with me at the moment. I can't complain but I am going to have to play most of this at the tail-end of the league.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    With my blood magic on hit axe, I can actually run fire herald and the poison thingy with a banner. Sure I only have 25% of my mana pool but since I literally don't use my mana pool for anything. Its just a dps increase! ALL THE DPS!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    run purity as well
    FUNK it more deeps plus u get the glowy bois

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Maps seem really plentiful this league. I've already got over 2 dozen Elder Strands.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Thoughts on auras/banners to run with Facebreakers?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    With my blood magic on hit axe, I can actually run fire herald and the poison thingy with a banner. Sure I only have 25% of my mana pool but since I literally don't use my mana pool for anything. Its just a dps increase! ALL THE DPS!

You still have 25% of your mana pool?

Clearly you need to run more auras

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

You still have 25% of your mana pool?

Clearly you need to run more auras

Well really the limitation of sockets is my issue at this point.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Finally hit 38 to try out multistrike and god it chews through mana fast

but then two levels later an ephemeral edge dropped from a legion chest and solved that problem

good league

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I hit a T3 corruption room and said, what should I corrupt? This spare The Vertex? My 6L Perfect Form? Neither sounds like a good idea.

So I buy a nicely rolled TPF for 1ex, hit it with my Hillock 28q bench, 6S it in ~200 jewellers, 6L it in 20 fusings.

I should have stopped there, because I just made like 8ex profit right?

But nothing ventured nothing gained, so I went into the temple. Cleared my way to the altar. Went to my stash and got the armor. And said welp.

4yl89ccyx99a.jpg
    I have never gotten any other result from this altar; every time I feed it a 6L, it always bricks into a rare. To the museum tab in Standard it will go, to remind me of my folly.

I'm bitter but I'm not; if I sold it, I'd have lots of exalts, but I can always farm more exalts. If I sold it, I'd never have known, you know? And this way at least I know what happened. I'm bummed about it but also not, because for me it's better to know.

Rius on
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Does anyone know why Hyrri's Ire is going for 60+chaos? I know it's not a lot, but that's more than I would've expected for melee league. Is there some streamer build or something I'm not aware of?

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Only guess I have is that if you're playing a bow build, you probably want it. It's really amazing after the buffs it got. Lots of scourge arrows and tornado shots.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Only guess I have is that if you're playing a bow build, you probably want it. It's really amazing after the buffs it got. Lots of scourge arrows and tornado shots.

I'm going cold/barrage/voidfletcher and it adds a ton of damage, plus the extra spell/attack dodge helps too.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »

Yeah, makes sense. It is a really good chest for bows, I just figured there wouldn't be enough bow builds this league for bow anything to cost much. Most of the bows and quivers are dirt cheap.

• Options
    Bows are extremely popular, they've said in the past that about half the player base (counting everyone, not just like 60+) is bow builds.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Brody wrote: »

Herald of Purity is mandatory, since it provides flat physical damage. Basically everything else is just going to depend on your build. Blood and Sand is pretty cool for almost all melee, as it has a super low mana reservation for the benefit.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    woooo sold my eyes for 4 ex and 15 ex respectively

doc # 5/6 get!

2 more to go!!!

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »

Herald of Purity is mandatory, since it provides flat physical damage. Basically everything else is just going to depend on your build. Blood and Sand is pretty cool for almost all melee, as it has a super low mana reservation for the benefit.

Fucking Pride is so nice for melee.

• Options

if youre not RT, go war banner, it gives increased damage taken by enemies

otherwise go dreads for impales

herald of purity is mandatory

HoAsh gives great aoe clear

If youre going ice crash go Herald of Ice for juicy crunches and clear

hatred is good too

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    @frawrst did you get 15ex for that Eye from yesterday, the 60% attack damage with Pride plus that other aura that was, like, really cheap? If so megaboggle

• Options
    it was 60% attack damage with precision, along with lgoh vitality and blind on getting hit grace

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    The vitality aura was enough to take that from like 1ex to 15ex? fucking A man that rules

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Facebreakers can feel slow/clunky. So dont discount running more attack speed than you normally would. One of the nice things about this league and precision existing is that "required" auras are much less a thing. There is only so much bar space as well. For me when I run facebreakers not totem I ran haste and herald. And attack speed on tree. And RT. But now that is not required anymore.

Rigwalds Curses continue to go up so its more than just me. You could go pride with a herald. You could go precision and haste. You could go herald(s). You could go flesh and stone and something.

There are options now heh.

• Options
    Ok melee friends, help me out here

The build is Chieftain two-hander, maces or staves, big AoE. Going to be running Shockwave support and fully converting to fire with Chieftain ascendancy + Xoph's (or just pathing up to Avatar of Fire.) The skill will presumably be Consecrated Path or TecSlam, or both. Pulverize support, etc.

The idea is to attack slowly enough that Shockwave support is hilariously efficient. The support triggers a Melee AoE Attack explosion every time you attack, with a 1 second internal cooldown that's reduced to something like 0.75 seconds ICD at level 20.

I want to never miss, but I need to figure out how to scale up this damage on the tree and on gear. For Mace nodes, the tree offers lots of AoE, stun duration, and some ailment damage. For staff nodes, there's a lot more crit and elemental damage, but it's all up by the Templar area.

Perhaps ignite? Drop a big slam, leave behind a big ignite?