As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »
    Saldonas wrote: »
    hi its me

the guy buying up all redblade tramplers

i need a +1 endurance charge corrupt

hi its me

Why you do such a crazy thing (I'm actually curious what it's for).

i made a new character

34oi9pgnop90.jpg

06x8y3r9gmrm.jpg

Stun Mechanics

Background Knowledge

1. If a hit's stun chance is less than 20%, the real chance to stun is 0%.
    2. Stun chance is based on 200% * damage done in this hit / defender's effective max life.
    3. Defender's effective max life is reduced by r.E.S.T.
    4. Defender's effective max life is not affected by party scaling.
    5. Base stun duration is 0.35 seconds. A Ruthless Blow has base stun duration of 0.8 seconds.
    6. Stun duration is simply base stun duration * (1 + stun duration modifier).
    7. Slow effects from chill and Temporal Chains prolongs stun duration. (The "cursed enemies are 29% slower" part from Temporal Chains affects stun duration, not the "other effects on cursed enemies expire 40% slower" part.)

Therefore, to land a stun, we need a combination of r.E.S.T. and high damage per hit. Then, to achieve stun-locking, we need a moderate amount of attack rate combined with stun duration.

*Usually attack per hit and attack rate are almost equally important. So, when deciding between the two, take whichever that provides higher DPS.

Defender's effective max life is their total life pool (before party scaling) multiplied by:
    -If r.E.S.T <= 75: 0.01 * (100 - r.E.S.T.)
    -If r.E.S.T > 75: 0.25 - 0.25 * ((r.E.S.T. - 75) / (r.E.S.T. - 50))

A plot to visualize the non-linear growth of r.E.S.T.
    Spoiler

We can see that additional r.E.S.T. becomes less effective as we get more of it. However, stacking r.E.S.T. is still usually the most effective way to boost our stun capability.

Stunning Shaper

You should have around 130% r.E.S.T. with this build (without Stun Support).

Where do I get this 130% r.E.S.T.
    Spoiler

-Tidebreaker: 20-30%
    -Endurance Charge on Melee Stun from Tidebreaker: 19%
    -Redblade Trampler: 5-10%
    -Belt suffix: up to 15%, more if essence crafted
    -Skull Cracking wheel: 18%
    -Stun Mastery wheel: 15%
    -Heavy Strike: 25%
    *Small node before Overwhelm ascendancy notable: 5%

Maximum total 132% (137% with Overwhelm)

With 130% r.E.S.T., defender's effective max life is reduced to 7.8% of their life pool, thus if we deal damage equivalent to 0.78% of the target's max life, this hit will have a chance to land a stun.

Life pool of endgame bosses according to PoEDB:
    -T15 boss: 3 million
    -Uber Izaro: 4 million
    -Elder Guardians: 8 million
    -Guardians: 10-12 million
    -Elder: 16 million
    -Shaper: 20 million

So, to possibly stun Shaper, we need 156k damage in one hit. To guarantee a stun on Shaper, we need 780k damage in one hit.

According to Path of Building, my Berserker's damage per hit is at 280k to 850k (data may be outdated). In PoB, chance to deal double damage and Ruthless Blow are calculated improperly, and the real damage range is 120k to 1740k. Thus, my high roll hits are more than enough to guarantee stuns on Shaper.

*With Stun Support, it's even easier to stun Shaper, but you will lose some DPS. You also should replace Empire's Grasp with Facebreaker for Shaper fight, which offers 10% additional r.E.S.T.

Hi. I'm dumb, what is r.E.S.T.? And that build looks ridiculous

it stands for Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold

its technically the most broken damage type in game. In order to stun, you need to hit for x% of a monsters max hp

the REST stat reduces their "effective hp"

i have 137 REST

monsters have 137% reduced hp when i hit them with an attack that stuns

Ahh okay thanks. This is the build you mentioned in Gchat a few days ago where you had to stop attacking izaro to allow him to change phases right? That's so broken

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Using Molten Strike and a Variety of unique two handed weapons as I leveled and +55% movement speed before Flasks has made the Scion that I want to use Flicker Strike on my fastest leveling character so far. (An Oro's Sacrifice dropped while I was doing a tier 3 map with my Arc witch.)

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I just realized I hadn't posted that Bronn's yet, how rude of me.

hh4lt88t4pvk.png

Sorry, this is what you get while I'm at work.

Spent a whole fuckload of currency on that bastard until I found out about Vorici's research stuff, let me tell you.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »
    Saldonas wrote: »
    hi its me

hi its me

Why you do such a crazy thing (I'm actually curious what it's for).

i made a new character

34oi9pgnop90.jpg

06x8y3r9gmrm.jpg

Stun Mechanics

Background Knowledge

1. If a hit's stun chance is less than 20%, the real chance to stun is 0%.
    2. Stun chance is based on 200% * damage done in this hit / defender's effective max life.
    3. Defender's effective max life is reduced by r.E.S.T.
    4. Defender's effective max life is not affected by party scaling.
    5. Base stun duration is 0.35 seconds. A Ruthless Blow has base stun duration of 0.8 seconds.
    6. Stun duration is simply base stun duration * (1 + stun duration modifier).
    7. Slow effects from chill and Temporal Chains prolongs stun duration. (The "cursed enemies are 29% slower" part from Temporal Chains affects stun duration, not the "other effects on cursed enemies expire 40% slower" part.)

Therefore, to land a stun, we need a combination of r.E.S.T. and high damage per hit. Then, to achieve stun-locking, we need a moderate amount of attack rate combined with stun duration.

*Usually attack per hit and attack rate are almost equally important. So, when deciding between the two, take whichever that provides higher DPS.

Defender's effective max life is their total life pool (before party scaling) multiplied by:
    -If r.E.S.T <= 75: 0.01 * (100 - r.E.S.T.)
    -If r.E.S.T > 75: 0.25 - 0.25 * ((r.E.S.T. - 75) / (r.E.S.T. - 50))

A plot to visualize the non-linear growth of r.E.S.T.
    Spoiler

We can see that additional r.E.S.T. becomes less effective as we get more of it. However, stacking r.E.S.T. is still usually the most effective way to boost our stun capability.

Stunning Shaper

You should have around 130% r.E.S.T. with this build (without Stun Support).

Where do I get this 130% r.E.S.T.
    Spoiler

-Tidebreaker: 20-30%
    -Endurance Charge on Melee Stun from Tidebreaker: 19%
    -Redblade Trampler: 5-10%
    -Belt suffix: up to 15%, more if essence crafted
    -Skull Cracking wheel: 18%
    -Stun Mastery wheel: 15%
    -Heavy Strike: 25%
    *Small node before Overwhelm ascendancy notable: 5%

Maximum total 132% (137% with Overwhelm)

With 130% r.E.S.T., defender's effective max life is reduced to 7.8% of their life pool, thus if we deal damage equivalent to 0.78% of the target's max life, this hit will have a chance to land a stun.

Life pool of endgame bosses according to PoEDB:
    -T15 boss: 3 million
    -Uber Izaro: 4 million
    -Elder Guardians: 8 million
    -Guardians: 10-12 million
    -Elder: 16 million
    -Shaper: 20 million

So, to possibly stun Shaper, we need 156k damage in one hit. To guarantee a stun on Shaper, we need 780k damage in one hit.

According to Path of Building, my Berserker's damage per hit is at 280k to 850k (data may be outdated). In PoB, chance to deal double damage and Ruthless Blow are calculated improperly, and the real damage range is 120k to 1740k. Thus, my high roll hits are more than enough to guarantee stuns on Shaper.

*With Stun Support, it's even easier to stun Shaper, but you will lose some DPS. You also should replace Empire's Grasp with Facebreaker for Shaper fight, which offers 10% additional r.E.S.T.

Hi. I'm dumb, what is r.E.S.T.? And that build looks ridiculous

it stands for Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold

its technically the most broken damage type in game. In order to stun, you need to hit for x% of a monsters max hp

the REST stat reduces their "effective hp"

i have 137 REST

monsters have 137% reduced hp when i hit them with an attack that stuns

IIRC the way REST works is as a divisor, sort of like cooldown recovery. So 100% reduces effective max hp for stun calculations to 50%, 200% reduces to 33%, 300% to 25%, etc. So after a certain point you get diminishing returns.

However, because of how stunning works once you get enough REST and stun duration and attack speed you can stunlock everything. forever.

I think this is in the math you quoted but the way it's written and formatted it's a bit hard to parse.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Hello

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    d210xksbschm.png

My first 6 link drop, nothing too fantastic. Too bad it is already corrupted. Anyone here have any use of it? I don't have any bow characters going.

Also could use a guild invite on my jugg, character name Savoch

(She/Her)
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I just bought a 6 link Steelwood for a dumb bow idea so that's kinda funny

although I plan to multimod it so corrupted wouldn't really work

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    hi its me

hi its me

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

FCqKsge.png

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    eelektrik wrote: »
    d210xksbschm.png

My first 6 link drop, nothing too fantastic. Too bad it is already corrupted. Anyone here have any use of it? I don't have any bow characters going.

its worth vendoring for a divine!

added elemental damage is only good in very specific circumstances and you dont usually need added phys + elemental. No attack speed rolls also no bueno

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    d210xksbschm.png

I'll take it off your hands for my wife's Ranger if you're willing to hold onto it until I get back from vacation on Tuesday. Char name in game is Cuilidha, but pm me here what you want for it.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular

Spent a whole fuckload of currency on that bastard until I found out about Vorici's research stuff, let me tell you.

I remember Vorici crafting from previous leagues, but now he's an enemy. Is there still something that can be done to save me bucketloads of currency?

• Options

I remember Vorici crafting from previous leagues, but now he's an enemy. Is there still something that can be done to save me bucketloads of currency?

Vorici crafting is still in the game, just not from him

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    also if anyone gets a +24% or +28% quality bench in their syndicate

hit me up please

my tides need breakin'

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So, I've been talking a lot forever about wanting to build a CoC Discharge character, and I was going to try, but figured I need a league starter first, so I've been leveling Vaal Double Strike. This morning I got a Voll's Protector drop... I think the game is telling me I'm getting close to creating my CoC character.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Okay, So I'm a 92 self cast arc witch...I can clear T15 and down no problem, about 145/159 atlas completion, Delveing down to 150+ so far, no problems... with only a very small exception of bosses in the high end maps giving me a bit of trouble. I probably could do T16 map clears, i have a few maps saved up but was holding onto them until the questline requires me to go there since i only have a few.

Currently I'm on 'defeat the elder in a red map' quest. I've only attempted it once and failed so far. I got him to a bit less than half i think, and he was only on a yellow map, i just was trying to get him to respawn...spent 3 days moving the eldar blob around inside the red map ring, snipped the damn Yellow map that he was sitting in off the blob and the entire blob of course dissapears except for his (FUUUUUUU).

So I've still got this little bastard sitting in a yellow map point. I assume i have to kill him on that point, or get the eldar blob to completely respawn itself elsewhere. I have really been going deep into mapping this league and i want to at least get elder down, (I realize ubre elder is unlikely solo, but i figured elder and the T16 bosses should be at least doable zerging with practice). I just am too squishy I guess to make this a slam
    dunk. Should i just start looking for a partner/boss carry, or are there any tricks to give me some survival?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    link us to your profile

EDIT: and give us a bit more detail. when you say you got him to half, do you mean you did 50% dmg but kept dying? Do you know what you died to? Random spawned monsters? Elders tentacle slams? Aoe ice spears?

Did you die during the protect shaper phase? Are you just not doing enough damage to survive?

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019

When Vorici is in Research, his safehouse reward is a crafting table that can put 1-3 white sockets on your gear (Depending on his rank, you want him to be Captain and in charge of the Research division so you can get multiple crafting tables). Getting 3-4 off-color sockets is easy, getting 5 is hard and getting 4+1 (Red/Blue on a dex chest in this case) is extremely difficult. So I crafted 4 red 2 green and just prayed that 1 of the possible 3 white sockets went over a green socket.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    link us to your profile

EDIT: and give us a bit more detail. when you say you got him to half, do you mean you did 50% dmg but kept dying? Do you know what you died to? Random spawned monsters? Elders tentacle slams? Aoe ice spears?

Did you die during the protect shaper phase? Are you just not doing enough damage to survive?

I didnt get to the protect phase. I started out okay dodging the slams, i have leap slam and flame dash for movement, but when i died the first time, i had a pain in the ass time running into the damn things that freeze you in place. (Kinda hard to see when moving around).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/azith28/

I know my flasks could use work, I just have yet to find good replacements yet.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I think you could draw out more dmg with swapping out that hypothermia but I like running it too. A triple balanced Wise Oak would improve the build by a fair amount. Looks ok to me really. Tree looks fine. Although, might want to think what you could get out of getting rid of spiritual aide and a couple of the 2/3 point mana clusters you took. Even doing MoM I dont typically grab those. And spiritual aide is fine on its own but you arent grabbing any of the other minion nodes even going right by them.

What is your passive crit? Since you are going EO you could get by retooling a bit more minion dmg and a bit less crit or mana/mana regen and just grab a diamond flask to help EO uptime.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Managed to kill Kitava before the server went down. On to the Epilogue sometime later. Anything I should know before I start mapping or whatever?

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Managed to kill Kitava before the server went down. On to the Epilogue sometime later. Anything I should know before I start mapping or whatever?

Have fun! the first several tiers of maps are undertuned when compared to kitava 2.0. Get your 2 skill points in the epilogue as well.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Never run a common quality map, always at least transmute + augment maps. There's a lot of people that say you should alch every map but I never feel comfortable enough in my alch supply for that.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Even after hitting 75 and spending a bunch (for me) on new gear to get my resists and HP up I can't seem to crack the merc lab

I get to the final boss just fine but I can't seem to last more than like 15 seconds, maybe I'm freaking out about the room too much? The safe walking area is so much smaller with all the traps

Maybe I need to start using the fancy boy flasks instead of just health/mana/quicksilver

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    You're grabbing all 4 darkshrines yeah?

• Options
    I've picked up a few Tier 1 maps through Act 10. Found a Cartographer's Stash with a bunch of +11% quality maps too.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Even after hitting 75 and spending a bunch (for me) on new gear to get my resists and HP up I can't seem to crack the merc lab

I get to the final boss just fine but I can't seem to last more than like 15 seconds, maybe I'm freaking out about the room too much? The safe walking area is so much smaller with all the traps

Maybe I need to start using the fancy boy flasks instead of just health/mana/quicksilver

would you like me to punch izaro for you

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    A man who does not punch Izaro himself is not worthy, before the Goddess

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    You're grabbing all 4 darkshrines yeah?

Yeah but I always seem to get like 3 "bonus after the final boss" effects and only one "live longer/kill harder" effect

Which is just luck but still

I usually skip hunting the decorative chests though

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I've picked up a few Tier 1 maps through Act 10. Found a Cartographer's Stash with a bunch of +11% quality maps too.

So maps are a little different than standard items. Along with tiers they're broken up into 3 groups, T1-5 are white, T6-10? are yellow and the rest are red. They additionally can have quality and rarity as well. You're going to only be running white maps for a bit but you should always make sure that they are at least magic quality with both a prefix and a suffix.

Also you probably want to complete all of the bonus objectives in a tier before you start running the next tier up. i.e beat all the T1 bosses on magic rarity before you run any T2 maps. There's some weirdness about how the game determines your pool of available maps to drop and completeing each tier in succession will help you progress your atlas.

Thirdly you will get a free map of each tier from Zana as a quest reward. I like to save that until I have one uncompleted map left in the tier then use the reward to let me finish out the tier.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I think you could draw out more dmg with swapping out that hypothermia but I like running it too. A triple balanced Wise Oak would improve the build by a fair amount. Looks ok to me really. Tree looks fine. Although, might want to think what you could get out of getting rid of spiritual aide and a couple of the 2/3 point mana clusters you took. Even doing MoM I dont typically grab those. And spiritual aide is fine on its own but you arent grabbing any of the other minion nodes even going right by them.

What is your passive crit? Since you are going EO you could get by retooling a bit more minion dmg and a bit less crit or mana/mana regen and just grab a diamond flask to help EO uptime.

Its not really high because i took EO, Hum i see what your saying I can lose some mana regen, I've always understood that as a good thing for MoM to have more mana regen to recover 'my mana health pool' but it really does not equate to saving my life in a big hit situation.

The question i should ask i guess is, should i go more glass cannon, and buff my damage even more or move the points into something like nullification, giving me 15% more ES and 5% life with those two extra points.

Another thing to wonder on the glass cannon front...would dropping my shield to go Duel Wielding (and better jewels) equate enough damage to negate the perma-onslaught from my Ahn's shield/fragility gems trick.

• Options

Remember that you are now at a base -60 resistances. before you even start mapping, try to get your resistances up. (Not sure what you are playing but might want to buff health as well). That first visit to a map can either be a cakewalk or a shock to the system.

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

The lab boss is easy once you understand that you cannot stand still. literally just circle him, the entire time. get one hit in, then move. dont get greedy. focus more on your movements then your attacking (avoiding traps, hitting adds etc but dont stop moving more than a hit or two.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Rius wrote: »
    A man who does not punch Izaro himself is not worthy, before the Goddess

Basically this, merc lab is like the last thing I wanna do myself cause i wont really have enough time to get deep into maps or anything like that

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I hate finding the trials in maps.

I've completed 100 maps in my atlas and run countless other maps, but I've only found 4.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    azith28 wrote: »

Its not really high because i took EO, Hum i see what your saying I can lose some mana regen, I've always understood that as a good thing for MoM to have more mana regen to recover 'my mana health pool' but it really does not equate to saving my life in a big hit situation.

The question i should ask i guess is, should i go more glass cannon, and buff my damage even more or move the points into something like nullification, giving me 15% more ES and 5% life with those two extra points.

Another thing to wonder on the glass cannon front...would dropping my shield to go Duel Wielding (and better jewels) equate enough damage to negate the perma-onslaught from my Ahn's shield/fragility gems trick.

My problem with MoM is that it doesnt really scale into the end game as much as other mitigations. If you are trucked for most of your mana your escape means are most likely gone as well. Regen helps with the initial recovery but you still need something additional to fill up both hp and mana at that point. Losing a bit of crit for more base damage seems ok to me. My EO stays up on my cold dot occultist fine at a pretty low 30% crit rate with flask. You just need enough crit to keep EO up as much as you want. Mana regen for me on my MoM builds is usually a luxury. I usually have it on with equipped items and perhaps on some jewels. But I also tend to spec out of MoM when I get towards the end game.

Edit: There are also the not so expensive watcher's eye clarity affixes that can help.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    link us to your profile

I didnt get to the protect phase. I started out okay dodging the slams, i have leap slam and flame dash for movement, but when i died the first time, i had a pain in the ass time running into the damn things that freeze you in place. (Kinda hard to see when moving around).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/azith28/

I know my flasks could use work, I just have yet to find good replacements yet.

so couple of things, totally biased for me so take it with a grain of salt

1. you have around 160k dps with all flasks up. this is decent dmg for self cast non crit arc
    2. according to what im seeing, you do 0 cold dmg. unless im missing somethingh, hypothermia does 0 for your dmg. put in lightning pen. try to get a 6link asap, as that will boost your damage another 30-40% more
    3. The only classes that should go EO is maurader and duelist... and even then its debatable. I would almost never recommend EO for witch, you can get so many more juicy crit nodes for free.
    4. ditch leap slam, go with shield charge to proc fortify
    5. i really dont like the lightning nodes at top of tree. for one, theyre super inefficient (like 1.4% dmg each) and two, arc is always shocking on crits. You shouldnt need those nodes to improve shock

heres a version with crit that lets you start scaling crit muli, which is the key to high end boss killing as a spell caster.

https://pastebin.com/JwnZxS1m

gets you above 200k dps, loses 0 hp from what i can tell. this is with your current gear too, so with the below you should see very sizable dmg increases

5. get a cheap wiseoak, balance your res for lightning to be highest and cold lowest (capped). youll penetrate elders ele resists, and take less dmg from his cold attacks
    6. to avoid slow, get a pair of kaoms roots. these boots are essential for non juggs in elder fights (uber included)
    7. rest of the gear-
    doryianis is fine, but if you go crit you can get a dagger that will get added crit multi, lightning dmg to spells, and crit chance for like... 5 c
    ahns is good on a budget.. but you have an inpulsas! Get a good spell shield with crit multi, crit chance, life and res
    mind of the council is pretty okay
    inpulsas is GG
    gaunts have life... and 18% res? You can get a pair of gaunts with 75 life and triple res for super cheap
    boots are good res, but no life roll hurts me. again you can get a pair with triple res and 60+ life, as well as 25-30 move speed (very key for dodging in boss fights) for cheap, especially this far into the league
    amulet is okay, but you can get a dex base one with more life, more res, and +30 dex so you can unskill from that +30 dex node. also very cheap
    rare ring has 28 res and chaos res. Chaos res is really strong, but 44 life??? 28 res??? Brother, get yourself a 5c ring with 70 life, 90+ res
    Essence worm is good for wrath
    Belt has 0 life? And its corrupted? You can get a 70+ life stygian with same res for cheap, then add a nice abyssal jewel with +life and onslaught on kill or something QoL
    life flask is fine, but i like panicked ones better. Search for one that gives instant recovery on low life as well as removes bleeding. the instant heal will save you 100x
    hybrid flasks are bad usually, and this one looks especially medicore. 7.5s recovery period? Immune to poison?
    Mana flask is good for removing chill, but thats it. Get a lavaigas
    overflowing challace is literally only "good" for divination distillate quant farming builds. No bueno!
    atziris promise is GG, but look for one with 15% ele gained as extra chaos. You dont need the phys roll, it will still be cheap
    once you go crit, get a diamond flask that will either remove freeze or curses

Sockets. Once you ditch ahns (you should ditch ahns asap), get ones with 7% max life, and either added lightning damage or better, crit multi. Fill in resists here for wise oak, Skip both fragilities as they are way under your budget (they are for ahns might first week juggs or similar)
    the crimson jewel is okay, but you dont need block spell damage. Improve to 7% hp, added lightning, or crit multi
    clear mind is pretty good

let me know if you want help finding this stuff on poe.trade, and let me know your budget

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    :)

EO isnt that bad for witch to take. Something like 70% of elementalists currently take it and like half of occultists. At least according to poe.ninja.

That is another tool for you to use. Poe.ninja is amazing. Aggregates everything. Place to go to see that the build you are envisioning has already been done before and by a lot of people heh. I love seing what other people are using though and make variations of it to fit how I like to play.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

My problem with MoM is that it doesnt really scale into the end game as much as other mitigations. If you are trucked for most of your mana your escape means are most likely gone as well. Regen helps with the initial recovery but you still need something additional to fill up both hp and mana at that point. Losing a bit of crit for more base damage seems ok to me. My EO stays up on my cold dot occultist fine at a pretty low 30% crit rate with flask. You just need enough crit to keep EO up as much as you want. Mana regen for me on my MoM builds is usually a luxury. I usually have it on with equipped items and perhaps on some jewels. But I also tend to spec out of MoM when I get towards the end game.

Edit: There are also the not so expensive watcher's eye clarity affixes that can help.

no defenses scale well into the endgame except for health and true dodge unless you go real hard ultra-tank with 83/83 block and high armor

also, killed shaper for the first time (I've had previous characters that totally could I just never committed to it)

• Options
    Well depending on what you are killing and what damage they are throwing out for bossing. I mean cold damage and phys reduction for one, something else for the other.

By End game I was mainly focussing on say deep delving and corrupt sextanted red maps. Plenty of mit scales better into that than MoM.