As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Servers are up, Patch 8.2 ahoy ! When did Azshara grow three extra eyes ?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    It does answer it. They didn't make the conscious decision to make warmode retain /pvp - it's that warmode was only intended to be a carbon copy of the PvE/PvP rules split and nothing else. Modifying it would be a different decision to take and they didn't take that decision.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Yes we know- we’re saying thats a bad decision.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Yes we know- we’re saying thats a bad decision.

The point is that it's a simpler decision. We know how the PvP/PvE ruleset split functions, its predictable and its how the game has always worked. Changing the rules can have consequences in how the game functions which aren't always obvious. Emergent stuff comes out of seemingly minor changes all the time. Can easily see Blizzard not wanting to spend the extra design time on it.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I concede it was an understandably lazy design choice while lamenting they went with a lazy design choice.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Yes, Blizzard makes bad, lazy, game ruining choices. Agree.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    It does answer it. They didn't make the conscious decision to make warmode retain /pvp - it's that warmode was only intended to be a carbon copy of the PvE/PvP rules split and nothing else. Modifying it would be a different decision to take and they didn't take that decision.

Dude you can’t just say the counter to an issue is because that’s what they did. Of course that’s what they did. That’s like end game corporate speak right there.

Just not deciding to change a setting no one asked for that is essentially pointless now with the sole reason being they didn’t plan to is pretty much the equivalent to just giving up.

The whole reason turning pvp on exists in the first place , I’m fairly certain, is because they were testing pvp in beta/alpha before they made entire servers.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So, Zandalari quickly became one of the most popular allied races and on the top end of popular races period. The race above them on the chart are Orcs.

Also, hilariously, despite all the controversy surrounding them, Void Elves are right below Zandalari.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    So, Zandalari quickly became one of the most popular allied races and on the top end of popular races period. The race above them on the chart are Orcs.

Also, hilariously, despite all the controversy surrounding them, Void Elves are right below Zandalari.

WELCOME, WEAKLINGS, TO THE REBIRTH OF THE ZANDALARI EMPIRE!

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    During legion before the change to world PVP I did a recruit a friend with my brother before they got rid of the exp boost and we went to Darkshire because we are Alliance and the level of griefing was absolutely insane. I'm confident in saying that horde camped that place 24/7. It was so immensely frustrating. Could barely grab or turn in quests.

As for heroics, mythics, mythic+, and LFG/LFR I've never really had an issue from Legion to the short time I played BfA. I tanked and DPSed through out both expansions and sure I got whiny assholes in the group but I either put them on ignore, convinced the group to kick them (especially easy if I was tanking), or quit and did something else. I also had way more groups with people not being ass clowns than groups with ass clowns. For legion I was regularly doing M+10 to 13.

I also thought it was already known that the new allied races would be unlocked by rep grind like in legion? It is pretty shitty to do but I feel like there was a level of surprise that I did not expect.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Stragint wrote: »
    During legion before the change to world PVP I did a recruit a friend with my brother before they got rid of the exp boost and we went to Darkshire because we are Alliance and the level of griefing was absolutely insane. I'm confident in saying that horde camped that place 24/7. It was so immensely frustrating. Could barely grab or turn in quests.

As for heroics, mythics, mythic+, and LFG/LFR I've never really had an issue from Legion to the short time I played BfA. I tanked and DPSed through out both expansions and sure I got whiny assholes in the group but I either put them on ignore, convinced the group to kick them (especially easy if I was tanking), or quit and did something else. I also had way more groups with people not being ass clowns than groups with ass clowns. For legion I was regularly doing M+10 to 13.

I also thought it was already known that the new allied races would be unlocked by rep grind like in legion? It is pretty shitty to do but I feel like there was a level of surprise that I did not expect.

Most people don't read the forums, or MMO-C, or Reddit, or patch notes, or anything.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Really wish I'd worked on Zandalari rep before. I guess I couldn't really have gotten much more done, since I was unsubbed until a week ago or so, but still.

I've gone from well short of revered to ~8k towards exalted in a few days, but it feels like quick rep is dried up and a week or more of WQs feels like forever to my poor ADHD brain.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    So Zandalaradin tanks can totally take the talent that makes Divine Shield taunt everything in 15 yards for the duration, and then pop Regeneratin' which is uninterruptible because Divine Shield, for a risk-free full heal on a 5 minute Divine Shield cooldown. :+1:

Donnicton on
  • Options
    I though I'd committed to the blood elf monk for the meta racial and the fact that transmogs never look trash on blood elves, but then I uncommitted and now they're at 62 and 45 respectively and I'm still undecided.

This is stupid. My brain is stupid.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    So is Wintergrasp another battleground that Horde just loses a majority of the time for some reason? Or is it just specifically me that is unlucky?

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    whoa, why didnt anyone say earlier that heirlooms + timewalking is INSANE exp? The end of the run bonus exp was like 3/4 of a level all the way up through 119. I got my mage from 113-120 in like 4 hours just doing timewalking and questing in between queues. could probably be faster if you get all the extra exp things like the gem, darkmoon faire, etc.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    So is Wintergrasp another battleground that Horde just loses a majority of the time for some reason? Or is it just specifically me that is unlucky?

Took me 20 runs on alliance to get a win

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    What the fuck, then? Are people running premades for it, so if you solo queue you're probably going to get put in a shit team vs. a good team?

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    What the fuck, then? Are people running premades for it, so if you solo queue you're probably going to get put in a shit team vs. a good team?

That would be my guess.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Its a bg no one has done in 10 years, and people barely did it even when it wad current. Itll be a bit until people figure out strats. And yes most people are shit at the game.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Well, it didn't used to be a BG. It used to be an open world PVP zone. And people did do it. All the time. Every time it activated. Because the winning team got access to the raid bosses, so it was very popular.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Well, it didn't used to be a BG. It used to be an open world PVP zone. And people did do it. All the time. Every time it activated. Because the winning team got access to the raid bosses, so it was very popular.

Back during Legion, occasionally people still did it. I remember because I was mining the shit out of that place to get mats for making bikes, and occasionally people would suddenly start playing it.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think I'm benching my warrior for now. I've spent weeks watching videos, reading guides, running sims, and doing my best but I just can't do descent DPS on him still and its infuriating.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Yeah Wintergrasp was almost always popular during Wrath, the exception being when Blizzard thought the Tenacity buff did anything and the lower pop faction on the servers didn’t find it worthwhile to be camped into their flight master.

After they introduced forced population balancing on Wintergrasp they started queuing again.

• Options
    I remember wintergrasp dying like a week after wotlk started and people only did it in later expansions to farm mammoths, or honor when rewards were insane compares to a battleground. There were never people to fight when i tried to do it in wotlk.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I remember wintergrasp dying like a week after wotlk started and people only did it in later expansions to farm mammoths, or honor when rewards were insane compares to a battleground. There were never people to fight when i tried to do it in wotlk.

Yeah I'm trying to remember if it was cobalt or adamantite that was super farmable there, too.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    It's weird that they still don't let us toggle the Chinese undead models at the barber. You can add SET overrideArchive "1" to your config.wtf and get them (and all the weird bread stuff), so they're already on your computer.

So why not add a toggle? https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/wd/0zczq9blehuc.png

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    What does that have to do with a bunch of dudes just chilling at npc quest givers to prevent quests from being returned for hours at end?
    You claimed that you were camped for hours, DAYS even. So I asked if you were well-known, because if you were, that could be why you were camped for hours, DAYS at a time, because I consider that pretty much impossible to happen otherwise.

That's what I was referring to, not the NPC quest givers. As for blocking opposing faction from using an area? Sure, they're opposing faction, fuck 'em :).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

Chances are you were in the higher pop faction, or running in off hours.
    Thawmus wrote: »

Yeah I'm trying to remember if it was cobalt or adamantite that was super farmable there, too.

Everything was in higher amounts there, but the major thing people went there for was the elementals that you could farm the motes from.

• Options
    Nah i remember having the huge buffs for being outnumbered for a while which was fun on wotlk ret pally. Then everyone stopped playing it. It did make farming cobalt, saronite, and elementals really easy though. Imo the map is just too big for so few people it allowed on it. Nobody ever fights until they are shelling the wall/gate. Also needing to find and get the killing blow on the npcs so you could drive a catapult was stupid, because there were like 6 npcs across the zone and if there were more than 2 people killing them everyone could be stuck waiting one kill short and waiting for respawns.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I think I'm benching my warrior for now. I've spent weeks watching videos, reading guides, running sims, and doing my best but I just can't do descent DPS on him still and its infuriating.

I certainly appreciate all the hard work you’ve put in. I understand how frustrating it can be.

• Options
    Unlocking heritage armor, for any of the allied races, honestly feels like an insurmountable challenge. Going from 20 to 120 is too much old content. The furthest I've made it is 31 before I'm thoroughly bored.

Blizzard needs to do a complete revamp of the leveling experience, or else just do a level squish like people have suggested.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    imo it's okay until you get past 60, then it just bogs down interminably. The levels take a long time and you're mostly doing really boring stuff. I've been leveling a mage off and on for a really long time and I just can't stay motivated to get through pandaria, even though I really like the zones. Lately even leveling an old alt from 110 to 120 feels like a chore.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    You only need to get to 110 for the heritage armor, you don't need max level.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    You only need to get to 110 for the heritage armor, you don't need max level.

Good to know, but also kind of a moot point since I've already burned out at 31.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Northrend Cataclysn is the slow point for me. I can do Pandaria in a couple hours and WoD is just as fast.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Northrend Cataclysn is the slow point for me. I can do Pandaria in a couple hours and WoD is just as fast.

60-80 (Outland and/or Northrend, now) has been the slog since the retool of leveling. It remains the only real slow point, though not as bad as it was.

1-60, 60-80, and 80-110 take roughly the same amount of time (1-2 days each if you're just mowing through levels while watching Netflix or listening to podcasts). Or at least it feels that way.

100-110 might be slower now that fun was detected invasion XP got nerfed.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Its a bg no one has done in 10 years, and people barely did it even when it wad current. Itll be a bit until people figure out strats. And yes most people are shit at the game.
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    What Lucascraft said, but also, the players on the other faction clearly know what to do since they keep demolishing the teams I get put on.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    An old friend just forced me to resub. Why am I letting him do this to me?

• Options
    I don't actually have any problems burning through Outland, I've done it so many times I have a fairly ideal quest order.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The recent nerf to levelling xp required is good, and means you can almost definitely get through an entire expansions levelling process in one zone + some dungeons.

This discussion has been closed.