As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Servers are up, Patch 8.2 ahoy ! When did Azshara grow three extra eyes ?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Alexandier wrote: »
    I'm just so so sick of the gogogogogo mentality.

isn't a necessary attitude in 99% of keystone content, though I grant the unwashed dumb masses of the PUG world tend to approach it that way regardless

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Damn, guess the monkey paw the devs used for this expansion is just styling on them at this point.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Alexandier wrote: »
    I'm just so so sick of the gogogogogo mentality.

isn't a necessary attitude in 99% of keystone content, though I grant the unwashed dumb masses of the PUG world tend to approach it that way regardless

Every time I see the gogogogogo mentality in a dungeon, it ends up costing the party more time than if they just did it normally due to accidental wipes.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Like, I'm just imagining that a Hunter is watching his raid wipe for the 95th time on Zul, says "fuck this, I'm out," hearths, and gets rewarded for it.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Some guildies have reported that pug raids are totally refusing to take hunters since the news broke so that's healthy.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I bet the way it’s meant to be done is to end the fight with crawgs alive; that’d make sense.

It just turns out that an easier way to drop combat with a crawg up is to hearth out

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I bet the way it’s meant to be done is to end the fight with crawgs alive; that’d make sense.

It just turns out that an easier way to drop combat with a crawg up is to hearth out

That would be a little odd as that would mean they've specifically excluded getting it in mythic or in a PUG.

• Options
    It's been hotfixed to just be a regular drop from Zul normal or higher.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    It's been hotfixed to just be a regular drop from Zul normal or higher.

I don't know why they were being coy about it in the first place.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Apparently the intended way was for a hunter-only raid to kill Zul on heroic.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »

Wat.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Oh fuck off Blizzard.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

Oh fuck off Blizzard.

IDK that seems like a fun thing.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Oh fuck off Blizzard.

I agree, but pet taming tomes are straight up coveted among Hunters. Locking one behind something that very few people would ever complete would be a real douche move. That should just be a cheevo or title.

• Options

Oh fuck off Blizzard.

On Heroic Zul, though.... that boss is the opposite of fun even with a proper raid group.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

Let me guess then. By leaving the zone and the boss dying, it somehow thought said hunter who was now alone, was a "hunter only raid" kill.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »

Let me guess then. By leaving the zone and the boss dying, it somehow thought said hunter who was now alone, was a "hunter only raid" kill.

spsfmp3m8we4.png

• Options

spsfmp3m8we4.png

Naw. This is just a very obvious edge case that should have been caught. Shouldn't have anything to do with legacy code at all.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    technically speaking many things that shouldn't have to do with legacy code can often surprise you when they have decided to have a lot to do with legacy code

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    old code develops self awareness

also fingers

and it then uses its new self awareness to put its new fingers in places where it shouldn't be

• Options
    Eh. I can't guarantee that spaghetti code had nothing to do with it, but this particular edge case is a very common bug in a lot of programs, when a user in a group (the raid) is in the middle of performing an operation (killing Zul) and leaves/is removed from the group (hearthing). Maybe the bug was directly caused by calling the wrong function, which was a result of spaghetti code confusing the programmer, but having to catch that edge case in testing is quite common in many "live" programs, especially if there are multiple concurrent users.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Sounds like there's a lot of programs with spaghetti code out there.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Good. Killing heroic Zul with a full raid of hunters would've been bonkers in terms of difficulty.

And in honor of Spud I named my crawg Tuber.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Killing heroic Zul in a hunter-only raid and getting both the tome and unlocking the possibility of all hunters everywhere getting a tome off a Zul kill as well as getting a shout-out from the devs that the puzzle had been solved, pretty amazing idea.

Killing heroic Zul in a hunter-only raid as the only way of getting the tome in order to keep silly things prestigious, oh fuck that noise.

Numi on
  • Options
    vcarqzxyymd0.png

• Options
    e2f8k2kb3fzk.png

• Options
    looks like we're done running keys for the week

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

Good. Killing heroic Zul with a full raid of hunters would've been bonkers in terms of difficulty.

I mean, I figure this was one of those things they figured on being done late or at the end of the expansion.

Remember that Endgineer bonus boss you could find in Gnomer back in Legion? We found it before even Nighthold I believe. The numbers on it seemed absurd at the time. Doing 75% of a tanks health in a single swing. Being essentially a dps race but having enough health it would take a long time. Only legit kills were VERY weird cheese strats. I think back then, we didn't expect anywhere near the power jump we got. But health pools tripled and dps went up 10x so I think that fight would be an absolute joke by then.

I think when we are at the final raid tier, a raid full of hunters killing Zul would be a near cakewalk. I actually expect a lot of hunters to do it anyway at different times during the rest of the expansion just to see.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

I mean, I figure this was one of those things they figured on being done late or at the end of the expansion.

Remember that Endgineer bonus boss you could find in Gnomer back in Legion? We found it before even Nighthold I believe. The numbers on it seemed absurd at the time. Doing 75% of a tanks health in a single swing. Being essentially a dps race but having enough health it would take a long time. Only legit kills were VERY weird cheese strats. I think back then, we didn't expect anywhere near the power jump we got. But health pools tripled and dps went up 10x so I think that fight would be an absolute joke by then.

I think when we are at the final raid tier, a raid full of hunters killing Zul would be a near cakewalk. I actually expect a lot of hunters to do it anyway at different times during the rest of the expansion just to see.

I remember a full raid of hunters killed rag back in vanilla a littl after bwl came out. They just raced him down and it was just a pet graveyard right in front of him. So not a completely unprecedented idea. But nobody would have actually tried that. The book wouldnt have been found for years without the bug.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I feel like if they had found a story-based way of explaining to me that the Kul Tiras quests for Horde were very quick in-and-out romps that didn't take hours to do, and gave me more followers, I wouldn't have waited until I finished a whole Zandalar area to do them.

Not a large gripe, mind you.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I feel like if they had found a story-based way of explaining to me that the Kul Tiras quests for Horde were very quick in-and-out romps that didn't take hours to do, and gave me more followers, I wouldn't have waited until I finished a whole Zandalar area to do them.

Not a large gripe, mind you.

Since MoP, orange question marks have meant "make sure you do this ASAP"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    its honestly probably better to have done them later. they are very simple quests with no hard enemies, so doing them at higher levels when your power level goes in the shitter is probably for the best.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Also, when Bwonsamdi is sucking his teeth when he's talking down to people? Never gets old. Seriously. I fucking love it. He's probably my favorite new character, though I'm a sucker for trickster gods.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Also, when Bwonsamdi is sucking his teeth when he's talking down to people? Never gets old. Seriously. I fucking love it. He's probably my favorite new character, though I'm a sucker for trickster gods.
    He is definitely the most dynamic and well written character in my opinion.

• Options
    Which means he'll be a raid boss in the SoO 2.0 patch

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    oh! Good. I quit on those after I got pathfinder part 1, guess it's time to get back to doing emissaries! At least I can work on them before the patch drops.

Kinda funny the 7th legion paragon rep is stupidly easy to get. If you do those invasions when they are up they give really large amounts of 7th legion/honorbound repuation. I think I got paragon boxes 4 times over the holidays just half ass playing on my main when I saw invasions were up. Plus side the 7th legion emmisary quest was available a couple times in doing that and doing 1 invasion completes the emmisary as well. The paragon rep is also worth a LOT of those warfront tokens which you can buy some really nice mounts or a 395 ring that is a teleport.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I like the faction assaults..I just wish they happened more often.

This discussion has been closed.