As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Servers are up, Patch 8.2 ahoy ! When did Azshara grow three extra eyes ?

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    I never had any problems with the Twitch app once it stopped being the Curse app.

Full of crap I will never use is all. Bloat

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i turn it on, update addons, and then close it.

• Options
    Pailryder wrote: »
    i turn it on, update addons, and then close it.

Looks like this is my option. Ah well. At least it isnt Epic Games launcher

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    New cinematic and also spoilers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEV0jmGFRPk

"I wish I could change it all". Damn, this thing is meta. That said, guess who's about to drop purps? :biggrin:

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Yes, a whole bunch of foreshadowing going on there, about both this expansion and the future of the game.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I like that cinematic. A lot. I might be super alone in that, but I just feel like it brings me back to what used to make Warcraft great.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Yes, a whole bunch of foreshadowing going on there, about both this expansion and the future of the game.

Is not particularly subtle, but neither is the rest of this expansion.
    Sylvannas raid boss on 8.3 and next expansion is going to finally delete the faction divide. As everybody and their mother saw coming.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    At this point I'm expecting the story to go one of two ways.

Garrosh up until execution time: Sylvanas is defeated, Anduin and Thrall are all like "let's do peace", Tyrande and Greymane go murder crazy, WAR stays in WARcraft. "See, it wasn't like Garrosh at all, in that story nobody dies in the end."

Garrosh all the way: they take Sylvanas prisoner, she escapes to the Shadowlands, Alliance and Horde join forces and we follow her in the next expansion. "See, it's not like Garrosh at all, she escaped to the Shadowlands, not to an alternate past."

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    They really need to tune down some of the opening expansion fights. A fresh 120 in questing gear is going to seriously struggle.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Ion lying about "WAR in Warcraft" wouldn't be the most egregious lie he said. So still think that they are going to get rid of the divide.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I've got the water strider bind on account thing in my mount's equipment slot doodad but I can't do it for my alt or remove it on my main to give to my alt, is there something I'm missing?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    They're consumables with a level requirement, I believe. Like gems.

• Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    I got the BoA in the mail on all my 120 alts. Did you check your mail? Or maybe the alt is too low level?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    They're consumables with a level requirement, I believe. Like gems.

gotta have them gold sinks I guess

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    silver lining, the new water walking equipment doesn't break on fall damage like the water strider did

though it does still break on combat damage

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I feel like the water walls around Nazjatar need to be about twenty times taller to sell this illusion of being on the sea floor.

I watched Dead Men Tell No Tales last night and I wish Nazjatar was like this.

b5kt6rp35uk6.png

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I bet they keep a faction divide. It just won't be a traditional Alliance v Horde split. It will be Heroes vs Villains, with Sylvanas being the faction leader of the Villains, and either Jaina or Anduin being the faction leader of the Heroes.

When Expansion 2020 launches, they will let each character pick a new allegiance after doing some sort of split/rift scenario. The new faction divide will be a clear one of Good vs Evil, and they will let players pick if they want to be the good guys or the bad guys.

• Options
    can finally go back to horde but still be a lightforged draenei

nice

• Options
    I'm gonna double down on my Heroes vs Villains theory and also say this:

I bet there will be TWO new classes introduced in Expansion 2020. The Necromancer, which will be a villains only class and unavailable to the Heroes faction, and some sort of counterpart class for the Heroes faction, one that would have literally the exact same kit, but be a good guy / heroic motif. Like maybe a runeshaper or something.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm gonna double down on my Heroes vs Villains theory and also say this:

I bet there will be TWO new classes introduced in Expansion 2020. The Necromancer, which will be a villains only class and unavailable to the Heroes faction, and some sort of counterpart class for the Heroes faction, one that would have literally the exact same kit, but be a good guy / heroic motif. Like maybe a runeshaper or something.

Necrodancer
    bard

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Expansion 2020 will invest heavily in the "Dark side of the Light" storyline, with Blizzard's usual feather-light touch regarding the notion that Good is not necessarily Good and Bad is not necessarily Bad.

• Options
    I'm going to absolutely refuse to believe they'll do anything about the factions until they actually do it. They can foreshadow it and lay down all the groundwork they want, I'm 100% convinced that at the last second some legacy asshole who's been at the company since the start and who has seniority will just stomp in the design room and tell them no.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    I keep saying it but it's a damn shame. I really like Sylvanas and she's had a good arc throughout warcraft history.

It's a shame she's being written off as just another garrosh.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    The new nazjatar and mechagon quest stuff is actually pretty good. I think ive probably burned through most of it on my priest, but i wont mind grinding out some dailies just for rep so i can get flying eventually. And since i dont need the benthic gear i can use my manapearls to buy gear for all my fresh 120 alts. That azerite power grind still sucks ass though.

• Options
    Having a heck of a time finding Mechagon rares

• Options
    Bigity wrote: »
    Having a heck of a time finding Mechagon rares

They weren't spawning at all yesterday. The patch to fix the patch goes in tomorrow, we'll see if that fixes it.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I watched the Nazjatar cinematic.

How did Queen Azshara get her hands on the Tidestone of Golganeth?

Are the heroes of Azeroth really that irresponsible that they just left all of the pillars of creation laying around for literally anyone to come along and pick up after they cleared out the Tomb of Sargeras?

I feel like if it were actually me making the decisions, and not terrible Blizzard writers telling me what I did, I would have sent all those artifacts back either to the vault in Dalaran, or else I would have put them on my spaceship that had enough firepower on it to blow a hole in the Legion's main fortress.
    Yeah if the player had real agency it would be super dumb and irresponsible and doesn't make sense to leave important plotmajigs like that, but a lot of Blizzard's narrative structure relies on the player character effectively not giving a shit about <plot device> past the first run through.
    It makes sense because guarding the Tidestone didn’t result in purples whereas letting letting Azshara steal it does.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    the invisible hand of the murderhobo market placed the tidestone optimally

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    I do wonder what all the horde side quests are leading too if you side with sylvanas:
    f6grmqahs6mv.png

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I do wonder what all the horde side quests are leading too if you side with sylvanas:
    f6grmqahs6mv.png

[Translators' note: keikaku means plan]

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I don't think they'll ever get rid of the faction split until WoW 2.

It's too heavily incorporated into the game and into the last 7 expansions. Changing it now would be a pretty huge effort I think.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    They've been hinting at a level squish and massive changes to the world for 9.0, I think a faction merge would fit if that's essentially going to be the Basically WoW 2.0 patch.

• Options
    Yeah they'd have to gut too many systems to remove the split. I could see them giving you the option of transferring between factions independently of race though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I've seen a theory floating around that they are planning something huge for 9.0. Like a Cataclysm scale world rebuild, completely redoing the leveling experience from 1-60 (with a level squish included), major game system changes, and almost treating it as a sequel. Some have gone so far as to say they think Blizzard are going to scrap all of the old quest content and basically completely rebuild the entire game for a more streamlined experience.

One of the biggest contributors to this theory is because every time we catch word of canceled projects or internal personnel shuffles inside Blizzard, they always say they put more resources into WoW. But clearly those resources have not been working on BfA. What else could that many people be working on? One very logical conclusion is a massive revamp/overhaul of the game.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It would make sense. They've said so many times they're never going to do WoW 2 (which is a correct move, sequels to MMOs generally flop), so a huge reboot would come as part of an expansion. They've certainly been spending a lot of resources during BfA on under the hood stuff.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I guess the timing would be right with WoW classic on the horizon. Why not reboot the whole game and undo everything from vanilla to BFA in one fell swoop but at least classic still is available for those who still want the faction split and all that comes with it.

I'd still be shocked if that happens but I guess it makes some sense.

• Options
    Yeah that all sounds like extremely wishful thinking to me.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    3clipse wrote: »
    It would make sense. They've said so many times they're never going to do WoW 2 (which is a correct move, sequels to MMOs generally flop), so a huge reboot would come as part of an expansion. They've certainly been spending a lot of resources during BfA on under the hood stuff.

Also, BFA seems like a tech demo of things like the Community system, which I said when it was announced that it was an obvious replacement for the guild system. Think about it, with multi-server communities instead of guilds AND the faction divide gone AND phasing, it doesn't matter which server you are anymore.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

Also, BFA seems like a tech demo of things like the Community system, which I said when it was announced that it was an obvious replacement for the guild system. Think about it, with multi-server communities instead of guilds AND the faction divide gone AND phasing, it doesn't matter which server you are anymore.

Unless you want to raid Mythic.

• Options
    I think they allow cross-server Mythic raiding, but it's on a time delay?

This discussion has been closed.