Options

Into the Spider-Thread

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So should they cast John Mulaney as Bugs Bunny or should Spider-Ham just continue to do Bugs Bunny things

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Spider-Man
    Keep Mulaney as Spider-Ham

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Keep Mulaney as Spider-Ham

I'll take this a step further: Give us an entire Spider-Hamverse movie, with Mulaney voicing every character.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Spider-Man
    The Spider-Verse blu-ray will contain an "Alt-Universe Cut" of the film which is essentially an extended edition as due to the unique production and techniques experimented on in the film, there was an unusually large amount of fully animated and voiced sequences that were cut.

The directors are quick to say that the cut isn't as good of a complete package as the theatrical film, but wanted to put out the cut so the fans could see all the work that was put in by the staff.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Spider-Man Noir
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The Spider-Verse blu-ray will contain an "Alt-Universe Cut" of the film which is essentially an extended edition as due to the unique production and techniques experimented on in the film, there was an unusually large amount of fully animated and voiced sequences that were cut.

The directors are quick to say that the cut isn't as good of a complete package as the theatrical film, but wanted to put out the cut so the fans could see all the work that was put in by the staff.

That's fucking awesome!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    seeing reports that the alt universe cut is two and a half hours long

https://youtu.be/fvtQYsckLxk

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This movie will be back in theaters this weekend, including some IMAX screens

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Chubby Spider-Man
    I don't know if it left the closest theater to me. If it did, it wasn't out of there for very long.

• Options
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Is the entire alternate universe cut going to be that level of animation because I would pay extra for that

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I feel like there's more Tombstone dialogue in that clip than the entire theatrical release.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

the alt cut is available digitally but i.. kinda wanna go see it on the big screen again (it never left theaters here lmao)

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Spider-Woman
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Is the entire alternate universe cut going to be that level of animation because I would pay extra for that

It's gonna be a mix. Thanks to how the process works, there's a LOT that was basically finished that couldn't be used in the final cut, but I'm sure there's gonna be rougher stuff like when that clip went into animatic sketches.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I love how Gwen has to keep holding down Peter B's fists in that clip.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Cristoval wrote: »
    I love how Gwen has to keep holding down Peter B's fists in that clip.

On that note Gwen and Peter B have a low key chemistry( non-sexual of course) that surpasses every single comic depiction of them together.

You can just so faintly tell that they both enjoy interacting with each other again.

Transporter on
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »

It's gonna be a mix. Thanks to how the process works, there's a LOT that was basically finished that couldn't be used in the final cut, but I'm sure there's gonna be rougher stuff like when that clip went into animatic sketches.

That's fantastic news, when I initially heard about the alt-universe cut I figured it would be just slightly less-fancy than the final version; this seems like a much more interesting way to go, I always love seeing the work in progress levels of cgi and animation in this stuff.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    When I first heard of the idea of Spider-Gwen I kind of figured it was a gimmick or a joke and it's only after this movie (I never read the comics) that I realised what an inspired idea it is to let Gwen be a hero.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Spider-Man
    Admittedly, I think it would be far to say it started as a gimmick

The comics do successfully turn her into something pretty great though, I'd recommend at very least the first Spider-Gwen trade

Straightzi on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Chubby Spider-Man
    Also, her costume rules

• Options
    Yeah the costume was probably as much of a reason she stuck around as anything else, people were fans as soon as the first cover with her showed up.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm pretty mad that I was slightly too old to have Heelys at an age appropriate juncture

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Spider-Man Noir
    "Would this be fun and not too difficult to cosplay" is such an effective part of new hero design, particularly female heroes.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Spider-Ham
    Tube wrote: »
    When I first heard of the idea of Spider-Gwen I kind of figured it was a gimmick or a joke and it's only after this movie (I never read the comics) that I realised what an inspired idea it is to let Gwen be a hero.

Spider-Gwen is pretty awesome and it helps they set her up a really cool universe.

Now Gwen-pool on the other hand.....not my favorite character

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Spider-Man
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »

Spider-Gwen is pretty awesome and it helps they set her up a really cool universe.

Now Gwen-pool on the other hand.....not my favorite character
    Gwenpool fuckin rules!

I liked her solo book much more than Spider-Gwen's. It started out as a joke but tackled the idea of "how would a person who is thrown into the Marvel Universe from our world and views everyone there as fictional characters cope with that" with more gravitas than i ever thought it would

It's by Christopher Hastings! Its great!

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    My favorite part about Gwenpool is still the reveal that despite initial appearances she is
    Neither an alternate Gwen Stacy or an alternate deadpool

• Options
    Spider-Ham
    I didn't like the first few issues of her series, and I love Chris Hastings, but it didn't stick for me.

That being said I just read up on what shes been up to since and I love this blurb:
    Not long after that, as the second superhuman civil war heated up, Gwen decided to temporarily relocate to rural Georgia to avoid the conflict entirely, convinced that her status as a "D-list character" would make her an easy target to be killed as part of what she viewed as a comic book event storyline.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Sp//dr
    Gweenpool was my favourite Marvel book when it was running by a long shot.

It was such a wonderful and heartfelt comic.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Gweenpool was my favourite Marvel book when it was running by a long shot.

It was such a wonderful and heartfelt comic.

There's also a great and subtle arc where she goes from "lol wacky" to a legitimate character when she starts to realize that the people around her aren't just comic book characters but also human beings that she can hurt if she's not careful. Which is added to by:

The introduction of her evil future self, who instead decided that she was the only real person so who cares who she hurts and kills but is otherwise pretty much the same character.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    A big part of what makes Spider-Gwen work is the way they recast a bunch of existing characters into different roles

Pete being Lizard, Matt Murdock the Kingpin, etc

If it was just Gwen as Spider-Woman, that's fine but not really as exciting as the ways that her world as a whole is different

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Spider-Woman
    Yeah, Spider-Gwen has some of the most inspired alternate reality stuff I've seen in a comic in a while.

Gwenpool rules too.

• Options
    Spider-Woman
    The way they reacted to Gwenpool being cancelled was really good

tumblr_p2cl48nTNZ1sajkn0o1_540.jpg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Spider-Man Noir
    Clearly, the only endorsement that matters:

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Spider-Man Noir
    So I finally saw this

I went into it with my expectations tempered, not wanting to be underwhelmed after all the hype

I don't think I could have been more surprised that it lived up to every bit of it

By god what a gorgeous, fun, funny, compelling, mile-a-minute, visually overwhelming motion picture. It is sitting up there with Speed Racer and Redline as one of the most wild eyeball experiences I have ever had

The blu-ray is ordered and coming in the mail and I can't wait to watch it again

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Once every few months my wife and I have date night where we go to the theater and see two movies - one of her choices and one of mine, because we have very different tastes in movies and media. She picked Free Solo and I picked Spider-Verse

Even though it was my second time seeing this movie, I was smiling ear to ear.

My wife somehow fell asleep.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Spider-Ham
    This thread convinced me to check out Gwenpool. Ok after the first issue it gets much better

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Spider-Ham
    I watched the alternate universe cut last night, and it always amazes me to see how much a movie changes over the course 9f production.
    The huge level of involvement of the roommate in the first half felt like was from an entirely different movie. I'm glad they went the way they did in the end.

Also wtf was up with the fight with the walruses?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    I watched the alternate universe cut last night, and it always amazes me to see how much a movie changes over the course 9f production.
    The huge level of involvement of the roommate in the first half felt like was from an entirely different movie. I'm glad they went the way they did in the end.

Also wtf was up with the fight with the walruses?
    I think he was more like how Miles Morales is in the comics. I wonder if they changed that for more Spiders, or because that relationship was too similar to MCU

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I finally watched this tonight.

Why the hell did I wait? Oh yeah I was worried about having a place to live, but still, what the hell this movie is fucking fantastic.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such