Options

Into the Spider-Thread

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Spider-Man Noir
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Oh and I haven't seen anyone mention that the credits themselves are incredible
    I love that they put the "Spider-Man at the desk" bit in it.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Sp//dr
    Thats not how the handoff from miles to peter went at all.

Peter died in a way that wrapped up his story. A few real world months later Miles is revealed and his opening story lines are all people telling him trying to be spiderman post peter is fucked up

Who were you responding to?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I want to reiterate how dope Prowler's sound effects are, because, Jesus fuck, whoever is responsible for that needs to get PAID.

I definitely did not expect coming out of a movie with Miles Morales, Nick Miller-Peter Parker, Spider-Gwen, a Nicholas Cage-Humphrey Bogart Spider-Man, and a cartoon pig for one of my main thoughts to be "Prowler tho"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Spider-Man
    I love, love this movie and the it's easily my favorite Spidey movie and probably my favorite movie of the year and favorite superhero movie.

Most of the amazing stuff was covered, but man, my favorite moment for sure was the "Suit up moment." The way the music and images merge is perfect and then it ties up Miles entire arc for that moment.
    Literally being a leap of faith, showing miles forcing himself off the side of the building he previously couldn't jump off, just pefect.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    I love this movie. I watched it once, then immediately watched it a second time.
    The Spiders comforting Miles after the battle at Parker house was sad, but what drove it home for me was, surprisingly, Spider-Ham's heartfelt, mournful, advice that they never will save everyone.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    that Prowler tho

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Spider-Man
    I was genuinely surprised at how hard the one-two punch of
    the Stan Lee cameo and Peter's public funeral
    got me

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Spider-Everything

Xehalus on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Spider-Man
    I'm waiting until next weekend to see this, I wish I could see it sooner

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Alright, let's see how this is

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    The Stan Lee cameo was perfect
    Having him be simultaneously inspirational and inspiring and also a greedy businessman was almost too meta

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Spider-Woman
    I just listened through the soundtrack to this

it is all modern hip-hop pump up jams

makes me want to do some real goddamn Spider-manning

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    YaYa wrote: »

Do it! Just jump off a roof. That's what Spidey does!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Chubby Spider-Man
    Ahh, this was so good! The animation, the soundtrack, the comedy, the drama, the fights. Soo good.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Spider-Man
    YaYa wrote: »

Do it! Just jump off a roof. That's what Spidey does!

Remember, THWIP! it out, double-tap to release.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Hype achieved.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Favorite line of the film
    Wait do I want kids now?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Spider-Man Noir
    Holy shit this movie

Went to see it alone because this was going to be my last chance to see it before Christmas, and I am 100% going again with any friends that want to see it after the holiday. I want so much to talk to them about it but at the same time this is the easiest movie to not spoil because I want to see their reactions seeing it for real.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Spider-Woman
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Favorite line of the film
    Wait do I want kids now?
    Wait, is he allowed to say that, legally?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Chubby Spider-Man
    After the Prowler reveal
    It’s sad to think about the possibility that Piner Parker may actually have survived if Miles had tried to help, if it would have led to Prowler backing off/changing sides

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Spider-Man Noir
    oh dang, Tombstone was played by Marvin Jones III (aka Tobias Whale from Black Lightning)

That's both good casting from a voice perspective, but also neat in general as Jones is an African-American with abinism, same as the character. That is some next-level representation.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Chubby Spider-Man
    I can't exactly remember any line from Tombstone. I think he said something at
    aunt May's house? Before May took him out with a baseball bat.

Speaking of the 4 way comic book layout split screen with aunt May witnessing the fight's destruction was one of the many fun visual jokes.

not related to Tombstone, but anyway: I adore Nick Miller Spider-Man. One the one hand he could've used a bit more time focussing on his motivation/relationship mith MJ - that showed up a bit but wasn't really follwed up upn- on the other hand this is Miles's movie so adding more for Spider-Hobo would've probably distract from that.

My least favourite part is probably the redesign they did for sp//dr and Peni. Jake Wyatt's NGE/Akira mashup world was visually more interesting I think.

honovere on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Spider-Woman
    I feel like they were able to get by with minimal explanation of Schlubby-Pete's backstory by just assuming we know enough about Spider-Man to fill in the gaps. We've seen enough of how Peter Parker's life is a mess to understand how it'd finally become too much for him and he'd sort of give up

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Spider-Man
    One thing I do wonder is where did the spider that bit Miles come from?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I have a tale to tell from my theater experience
    During Gwen and Miles' goodbye, there was a little boy in the row behind me who was chanting "kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss"

And it was actually refreshing that they didn't go that way and instead just had a young guy and young girl being friends

but that little boy was disappointed

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Spider-Woman
    Kyougu wrote: »

It was clearly from some sort of research lab and seems like a decent hook for a future movie.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Spider-Man Noir
    It was from Alchemax, the lab building the accelerator
    I assume it got out and hitched a ride to the Brooklyn facility, or maybe they have a local lab for that kind of research

• Options
    Spider-Man Noir
    Anyone notice a lot of 42 symbolism? The spider seemed to be specimen 42, when Miles beefs the jump and bounces off a cab he's framed by the 4 and the 2 from the roof... swear there was at least one other instance

• Options
    Spider-Woman
    Mr. G wrote: »
    During Gwen and Miles' goodbye, there was a little boy in the row behind me who was chanting "kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss"

And it was actually refreshing that they didn't go that way and instead just had a young guy and young girl being friends

I respect that boy's ship, but I can never agree with it

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Spider-Woman
    I mean, they were trespassing on Alchemax property and it had a number, so it was definitely an experiment subject

I think we got all the explanation we need. Someone at Alchemax made it and it got out

• Options
    Spider-Woman
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Anyone notice a lot of 42 symbolism? The spider seemed to be specimen 42, when Miles beefs the jump and bounces off a cab he's framed by the 4 and the 2 from the roof... swear there was at least one other instance

I have some deep thoughts about that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Spider-Man Noir

Would you care to share- heyyyy, I see what you're doing here

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Sp//dr
    One thing I liked that they did not explicitly state,
    Why the uncle knew about the blank wall in the subway. Because it was on Alchemax property and he'd probably been there as Prowler.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Spider-Woman

Would you care to share- heyyyy, I see what you're doing here

My actual thought on the matter is--the spider showed a glitchy effect a lot like the alt-universe spideys. I'm guessing it's from an early experiment with delving into the multiverse and 42 is the multiversal designation it was given (in a freeze-frame easter egg we could see that Alchemax uses the same numerical designation system Marvel themselves use for alternate universes)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Spider-verse's music is also on point. Their songs are still stuck in my head, especially What's Up Danger.

• Options
    Spider-Woman
    I really really love Miles' love of music as a part of his character. Because the way Spider-men move and fight carries a lot of rhythm and it's just such a natural fit for him to always be carrying a beat.

Plus it's a good way to immediately set him apart from Peter Parker, who's too much of a dorky white kid to have good taste in music.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Chubby Spider-Man
    It was from Alchemax, the lab building the accelerator
    I assume it got out and hitched a ride to the Brooklyn facility, or maybe they have a local lab for that kind of research
    It might be worth exploring, but I just assumed it was similar to the original Miles origin where it hitched a ride with his uncle Aaron. Or the area where Aaron took Miles to do his art is relatively close to the collider or something

• Options
    Chubby Spider-Man

It's apparently a reference Bendis already did in the comic.

According to this Vanity Fair article that was what happened in the script originaly, probably untilthey got a producer telling them to maybe not do that
    Spider-Gwen’s transformation from love interest to friend and hero first may have had something to do with another Gwen Stacy advocate, producer Christina Steinberg, joining the Spider team. “I will say that Christina kept us honest,” Lord admits. “As five boys making a movie, it was really good to have another filmmaker there going, ‘I don't think you guys want to do it like this.’”

• Options
    Spider-Man
    honovere wrote: »

According to this Vanity Fair article that was what happened in the script originaly, probably untilthey got a producer telling them to maybe not do that
    Spider-Gwen’s transformation from love interest to friend and hero first may have had something to do with another Gwen Stacy advocate, producer Christina Steinberg, joining the Spider team. “I will say that Christina kept us honest,” Lord admits. “As five boys making a movie, it was really good to have another filmmaker there going, ‘I don't think you guys want to do it like this.’”

Sadly in the same article
    They confirm that the sequel will explore their love story.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Spider-Man Noir
    honovere wrote: »

Sadly in the same article
    They confirm that the sequel will explore their love story.
    to be fair "explore" can also mean "flirt a bit and then decide that nah, they'd rather just be pals because not every boy/girl interaction needs to be kissing" Which, given how this film went down, I can definitely see as a route taken.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO