Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 5E IC thread - Introducing the Cooperatives of Ravnica]

1567810

Posts

  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin looks down at Caboose..]

    Uldin: Is this thing locked? (attempts to open the door)

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    (Rawk is going to go to the door to leave the bar.)
    Rawk: (leans on the door frame and has Daisy over his shoulder) Just yell if you need us.

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    I dont even know what Thaumatergy is in this context so... no? Lol

    Vaamuj seems unsatisfied. He scratches at one of his ears with his trunk then asks, "Okay, like the who makes sense... but... WHY? Why her? Was it just a poorly judged shakedown or did you expect her to have something? Is there something special about her?"

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Rawk exits the Blackline, destination unknown. Make a perception check @MamaWolf

    Uldin tries to open the door and takes 1 point of damage from an electric shock; there's some kind of power source attached to the door. Caboose laughs and says "there's a trick to hit, you have to hit it above the knob to open it." Uldin does that, a latch clicks, and the door swings open. In the back there is a small desk with a mess of papers on top. Some of it has to do with the day to day business of running the Blackline. There are also, sitting on top of the invoices and bills and so forth, a stack of pictures similar to the one of Cassandra you confiscated earlier. There is also a "contract", as much as the Cult of Radkos writes contracts, offering membership into the cult in exchange for souvenirs from the people depicted in the pictures. Your understanding of the cult would suggest that this means they probably wanted their head or their whole person alive or dead, but you don't know if these guys at the Blackline would be smart enough to figure that out.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin comes back out of the room with the "contract" and shaking his head vigorously after being shocked. He looks down at Caboose.]

    Uldin: You shouldn't have laughed. Now Im not cutting you loose. Trunks, Scales, Delveed.... and (looking around) Where's Teapot going..nevermind. We have ourselves what I think is a conspiracy!

  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah, still holding the podium, shrugs, muttering something about proper names, a red ruby, and thievery. To Caboose, he says...]

    JN: ...you want me to bounce this podium off your head for good luck? I'm going to put it somewhere regardless, and it won't be 'down gently' or thrown at one of my kinda-sorta-friends here, so... (darkly) choose.

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    edited February 3
    Caboose, to no one in particular, says "Bar's closed, get out of here everyone." The remaining patrons grumble to life, struggling to pull themselves away from their tables and navigate the corpses and now rapidly shriveling and dying vines Vaamuj summoned, Rawk's presence in the doorway creates a sort of bottleneck as they try to gently squeeze past him and Daisy.

    Draconiclast on
    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    Uldin: I've never been one to loiter. So good day sir!

    [Uldin steps over Caboose and makes his way towards the bar exit... carefully maneuvering through the bodies.]

  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah starts to head for the exit, still carrying the podium.]

    JN: Gonna put this outside and come back later to make sure it's still there. If it's not dedicated to Humphrey, we're going to have a problem.

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Delveed, as you free yourself from the vines, you look down to see that your gecko is munching on some of the leaves, having somehow (?!) collected some of the belongings off the bodies of the dead. You have no idea how he did it. But at your feet are several coin pouches, three short swords, and two maces.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    Green
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah pauses to put down the podium so he can retrieve his handaxe, before picking the podium back up, ready to deposit it outside.]

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    (Rawk isn't leaving the bar, just leaning on the doorframe
    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+3 15 [1d20=12]

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Seeing people leaving Rawk will follow]
    Rawk: I suggest we take a rest friends. I am feeling weak and as a Gruul Clan member I will not be weak in battle.

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    Uldin: Well it probably would be best to go back to HQ, rest up a bit and then figure out our next course of action.

  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    JN: Eh, we'll just get kicked out again. Tallyrand doesn't like it when we murder people OR when we serve them tea ORRRR when we get them drunk.

    Green
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    When the party leaves the Blackline, Rawk notices back the way they came that the road back to the HQ has been temporarily blocked off, and that representatives from the Azorian Senate are on the scene investigating the fight from earlier.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to look at Delveed]
    Rawk: Friends of yours Delveed? Perhaps we should see what's going on?

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj will follow along. Grumbling about not getting any answers from the thugs.

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    The thugs would've told Vaamuj something similar to what Caboose said - I'm assuming Uldin is going to share the information about what he found in the backroom with everyone, but you all need to work through it.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    ranmasolo
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    After quickly disentangling himself and gathering the gold pouches and weapons Jhank had collected, Delveed spares a last look at the bar left in shambles as he leaves with his companions. As Rawk points out the Azorius investigating the scene, he goes a few shades of blue paler.

    D: Ah, ex-excuse me just a moment.

    Delveed approaches the investigators, and identifies himself through listing off a complex series of serial numbers and the flashing of no less than four distinct badges and identification cards.

    D: I'm preparing a comprehensive report on these incidents, but here is the preliminary paperwork.

    He hands over the imposing stack of forms, trying his absolute best to keep his hands from shaking as he does so.

    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin upon seeing the members of the Azorian Senate investigating will quickly hide the contract he "confiscated" from the Blackline. He then slowly steps back and behind Vaamuj.]

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to lean on a near by tree]
    Rawk: You guys go ahead. I'm gonna need a good rest to gather my strength

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    I need a deception check from Delveed.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Deception

    Deception:
    1d20+3 12 [1d20=9]

    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    edited February 5
    One of the Azorius look past Delveed at the party and says, "Who are these people supposed to be? What were you people doing at the Blackline?"

    Draconiclast on
    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Delveed looks back at his companions as if seeing them for the first time.

    D: Ah. Well, this... These are the other members of the local Guildpact-sanctioned Cooperative. We were fulfilling our stated purpose of assisting the local citizenry by investigating rumors of...

    He relates a truncated version of the events that have transpired thus far, beginning with the mugging attempt and ending with the bar brawl. Omitting, of course, most of the wanton acts of violence.

    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [While Delveed speaks with the Senate.... Uldin makes his way over to Rawk standing over by the tree.]

    Uldin: Teapot... I know rational thinking is not your strong suit... but if I'm going to stay alive, I'll need you to be a little more careful.

    [He goes into his cloak and pulls out the red ruby...]

    Uldin: This is not to be given to just anyone. This is very valuable. Just remember red = no. So when paying for something... just remember.. red = no.

    [Uldin hands the ruby back to Rawk.]

    Uldin: We clear?

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to take the ruby and look at it]
    Rawk: This is valuable? I just found it in the forest in that cave one day. [Looks at Uldin] Red rocks are no go to give away. Got it!! Red is certainly ok to take out of people though right?

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin nods]

    Uldin: As long as it isn't me.

  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuuj suddenly leans into the conversation between Uldin and Rawk.

    "Take the red from those who harm animals. They're the worst."

    Vaamuj snuffles up something from deep in his trunk and spits a gob of... something on the ground.

    "That is better than they are."

    Vaamuj will now observe and try to gain insight into the Azorius, using his locket.

    Insight Roll 11 + 4 (wis) + 1 (locket) = 16

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    (Is there something specific Vaamuj is trying to figure out?)

    The Azorians are ... kind of convinced by Delveed, as rumors of the Cooperatives would have gotten to them. He thinks that they might be trying to size up the group, if not just gawk at them, while they're there.

    (When I hear about what Vaamuj wants to do, we'll adjudicate that, and then get you guys back to the HQ for a rest and then a new day of investigation).

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin winks at the Azorian "sizing them up."]

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    One of the lower ranking Azorians sees Uldin wink at him, and you can see him glare in response, like he's trying to make a mental note of what Uldin looks like.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    I just kind of want to see if they trust Uldin and if they seem especially suspicious of us.

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    They definitely don't like Uldin after he winked at them. They are pretty suspicious, but it's in their nature- they want to be the ones running this show, they don't like that Jace has given the cooperative this power, they think you all have done a lot more than Delveed is letting on and are probably wishing they could be there to debrief him when the cooperative inevitably fails.

    They do let you pass and return to the HQ, begrudgingly.

    You spend the rest of the day cleaning up the building and claiming your rooms. I'll let you individually roleplay how you want to make use of the space you've been given. Everyone has a room of roughly equal size, all just off the great room in the center. There are different places within about a 6 block radius of the HQ where you could buy or barter or steal most everything you would want (if there's something you think is outrageous, let me know in advance. If there's something I really don't want you to have, I'll take it away. :biggrin: )

    There is a mailtube in the great room next to the front door that is attached to a pneumatic tube. There's a lot of junk mail in there that's been backing up - a lot of unsavory stuff, like credit chit ads that charge a 950% APR, ads for different gorefests put on by the Cult of Radkos, the random poorly written extortion letter (u pay us goald or we will kill u ded, sined mr. X), things like that.

    Once you get your space taken care of it, we'll end their first day on the job and give everyone a long rest. I'm assuming everyone is going to sleep at the HQ- if your character wouldn't stay there overnight, then we need to roleplay that and any random things that might happen while you're traveling to and from the HQ.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    GreenranmasoloMamaWolf
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin comes back into the HQ with a few small parcels under his arms. Just a few supplies from one of the supply stores nearby.]

    Uldin: Remind me in the morning to tell you all something.

    [Uldin walks past everyone and everything and right into his room which is the room furthest from the entrance. He grabbed a table from the main common area and one of the stools to setup a makeshift desk in his room. Off in the left corner, he has hung up a hammock which he got from the supply store. He then unwraps a large piece of parchment and hangs it above the desk. He takes off his cloak and drapes it on the stool. He reaches into it and pulls out the picture of Cassandra, the letter he confiscated from the Blackline and the Orb. He places the orb on the desk and attaches the picture and letter onto the parchment above the desk. He studies this for a while before laying down in the hammock and resting through the night.]

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk us go in to walk in and wave to anyone inside and turn to the rest of the party]
    Rawk: I need rest. Till the morning My fellow friends!!
    [Rawk is going to go to the room closest to the entrance. Rawk is going to place his tea set on the table ready for anyone to join. He is going to place his Ruby and other rocks on the floor in a row. He is going to lay a few pelts on the ground. Then he is going to hang up what looks like a drawing of a male (similar to Rawk), a child, and a female. He's going to give a remorseful sigh as he looks at the picture and place his hand on it then looks up and blows a kiss to the skies. Also on the wall, Rawk puts the Gruul symbol up and takes a deep breath in and gives a very frustrated heavy sigh out. Rawk is going to lean Daisy next to his makeshift bed, lie down and sleep.]

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah walks to a random unoccupied room and throws his pack in it.]

    JN: ...mine.

    [He walks inside the room, and after a moment, moves a bookcase in front of the window.]

    JN (muttering): I kind of like my job if I can just... do things. Speaking of which...

    [Jorah sighs.]

    JN: ...I think I'm going to have to deal with the resident weirdo creeper eventually.

    ((DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN))

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    In the party's absence, Tallyrand has been busy - a makeshift work crew has cleaned out the garbage in the great room and turned it into a functional workspace for the group, with a separate crew turning one corner of the great room into a sort of open concept kitchen/eating space. He is making changes here immediately. In the workspace, he's brought in a large metal table and affixed several whiteboards and bulletin boards to the walls. As he talks to the party as they come and go during the day, he updates the bulletin board with pins for the different tasks the party has gotten into it: "blue staff?" "glorific staff - undercity?" "staff of the three" "Uncle Creepy" "Mr. X" "Radkos abductions?"

    There is a map of their immediate area - roughly a twenty block radius from the HQ - with pins in place to represent the HQ, the Blackline, and the art school nearby.

    When he is finished, and the work is done to his satisfaction, he retires to his room for the night.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Delveed chooses a room with what could charitably be called a window, and after a brief visit to local merchants he has set up a rather utilitarian living space. A simple desk and chair are the sole pieces of furniture while a neatly kempt bedroll lines the far wall. By the "window" is a small uncovered terrarium for Jhank, with several flat rocks and twigs lining the bottom.

    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
Sign In or Register to comment.