As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E IC thread - Introducing the Cooperatives of Ravnica]

145791012

Posts

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Rawk turns and starts talking to the newcomers and Caboose looks at him expectedly. When nothing happens, he looks confused, looking back behind the bar and going through a sort of mental checklist, counting things on his right hand first, then his left, then he sighs and you see him pinch the bridge of his nose between his eyes for a second before turning back to the conversation.

    The other three men make their way up to the bar behind their leader, who backs up from Rawk, reconsidering his options and saying nothing. One of the guys says to the bartender, "Hey Caboose, you see my brothers lately? They around anywhere? Maybe they got money from that job earlier we can use to settle this."

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Delveed stares down the ruffian with that patented Azorius gaze that is equal parts condescension and accusation. Now that attention has been brought to his presence here, he abandons the pretense of skulking in the background and makes his way toward the bar through the crowd.

  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin takes his focus off of the door behind the bar and immediately turns his attention to the man who just spoke.]

    Uldin: Brothers? Family _is_ important. How many brothers do you have?? What kind of work do they do? Are they ambitious??

    [Uldin moves closer with each question he asks.. before producing the card which he pulled off the corpse of the mugger.]

    Uldin: Would they use this as a guide for their "job"?

    [Uldin flashes the card right up to the man's face, looks over and winks at Delveed... in one part in a manner that he feels like he's solved the problem and part that maybe things are gonna escalate.]

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    I will give Delveed one free surprise action and the rest of you... Roll for initiative!

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    *So it starts 5+2=7*

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    (( Roll 18 + 3= 21))

  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    (10 + 1 = 11)

  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Picking up on Uldin's wink, his lawmage training quickly takes over as he realizes the situation may soon escalate into violence.

    [Casting Thaumaturgy to increase the volume of his voice to address (and hopefully intimidate) the man Uldin is speaking to.]

    D:Any unprovoked violent conduct in a public establishment will be met with the full legal ramifications executable by this Guildpact-sanctioned Cooperative!

    [Intimidation check: 12+5=17]

    [And if that didn't work, Initiative roll: 4+2=6]

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [I'll give them disadvantage on their initiative rolls, but this fight is still happening. Just need @ranmasolo ]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    Green
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    (So sorry I've been hella bust and got really bad food poisoning last weekend)

    Vaamuj, who until now has just been continuing to drink, having been unammused by the bartender but mollified by the appearance of booze.

    He stands and turns to the assembled group about to throw down!

    Initiative Roll - 6 + 1 = 7

    "For the record... I just meant for you to buy MY drink Uldy because I have no money. Now I dont think we have to worry about paying..."

    Vaamuj drains his drink. Belches.

    "Let's do this."

    ranmasolo on
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Uldin shoves the picture with Cassandra's image (or really, someone who kind of looks like Cassandra) into the face of the man mouthing off at the party, and in spite of Delveed's declaration and Vaamuj's gas, half of the bar leaps to attack the members of the cooperative. It's the four guys who came into the bar, plus four of the people who were already drinking at some of the tables. Caboose, the bartender, ducks under the bar when he sees the fighting break out. The greeter spins out from her station and pulls a dagger out, ready to attack.

    Uldin and Rawk are at the bar next to four of them. The rest of the party is in the back by the door.

    Initiative order. I rolled flat d20s for all of them at disadvantage. The guy who was talking all that mess is nicknamed Loudmouth for now (maybe it sticks?) and he rolled the worst, so Delveed's intimidation ended up working I guess. Typical bully, chickening out when he's called out.

    Uldin
    2 bad guys
    Jorah
    Greeter
    Vaamuj & Rawk - whoever has the higher Dex goes first
    2 bad guys
    Delveed
    Loudmouth and 1 bad guys

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    Loudmouth the closest to Rawk and Uldin?

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Loudmouth plus the other three are by Rawk and Uldin at the bar. I'm unclear where Vaamuj is, but he's either with them or near them. Jorah and Delveed are by the entrance with the Greeter behind them. The final four bad guys are right now off to the left, if you're standing at the entrance looking at the bar. I hope that makes sense. It'll all be chaos soon I'm sure.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin quickly snaps the baton out into the quarterstaff (name still pending) and jams it underneath Loudmouth's jaw...]

    ((14+ 5 to hit))

    Uldin: Geez you talk a lot....

    [Assuming that connects... take bonus action of unarmed strike 16+5 to hit... forearm to the head...]

    Uldin: Less is more!

    [Uldin will then take his movement to back up off the four men at the bar and jump behind the counter if possible?]

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [Both hit. If you want to jump behind the counter you have to make an acrobatics check.]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    Ok.. 7 on the staff hit, 5 on the unarmed strike...

    acrobatics 17 + 5=22

    ((Im on fiyah))

    ranmasolo
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Uldin drives his staff up under Loudmouth's jaw and then immediately drills him in the head with his forearm, sending him flailing backwards. Catching himself on the bar, he tries to yell for his guys to go after Uldin, but the blood gushing from his mouth isn't making his shrieks very clear, so he starts waving his arm toward Uldin in a way that clearly means "get him"

    One of the guys off to the side produces a crossbow and takes a shot at Uldin and misses, the bolt hitting one of the bottles behind the bar and exploding it. Another throws his mug at Uldin, also missing.

    Jorah's up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    ranmasoloDaEvlOne
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    (From Jorah's position, how far away are the four enemies to the left of the bar?)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [It's a dive bar so it's not that big, I'd say they're probably 10-15 feet away from him.]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Visibly annoyed at, well, everything at this point, Jorah starts forth towards the impending fracas.]

    JN: Not that anyone's going to listen to me, but we really need-

    [Jorah stops himself as he sees the clump of attackers on the left. He mutters a couple of curses, glances at Uldin, mutters a couple of more insistent curses, and cracks his neck. His eyes constrict, and there's suddenly an awful noise from his throat...]

    (That's right, it's poison mist time! Aimed at the attackers on the left of the bar from where he is... roll was 16 for the initial d20- lemme know if it hits and I will make the accompanying 2d6 rolls..)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    (So this is something they have to save against and not something you roll for, so I need to know the dice check for it - the description of your breath weapon says it's 8 + you constitution modifier + your proficiency bonus. You're level 1 so your proficiency is +2, so I just need your con modifier.)

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    (17)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Jorah unleashes his poison mist at a group of attackers about to rush Uldin and Rawk - two of them are slowed by the mist and start coughing but don't seem to be effected by it beyond this irritation, while two more of them collapse where they stand, clutching their throats and gasping for air, thrashing around on the floor before dying.

    (I realized I rolled the initiative order when I was really tired and had fewer spots than guys I originally had in the encounter, so there's some free kills. Still learning how to DM this way.)

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    Green
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    The Greeter is up next, and she lunges at Jorah with her daggers - she gets two attacks, she rolled a 13 and a 5 against your AC. I know the 5 doesn't hit, does the 13?

    Regardless of it it hits, she dives back behind the podium she was using in her capacity as a greeter - you have to roll a 16 or higher on perception to be able to spot her in this chaos.

    Rawk and Vaamuj are both next - whoever has the higher Dex goes first, or you two can decide amongst yourselves who wants to go first.

    Draconiclast on
    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    *Question* Shouldn't the two who survived the poison mist still take half damage? :)

  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    13 Dex!

  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    (Armor Class is 18)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    (My bad, they do take half damage. I read as far as the con check, lol. @Griffmoy roll 2d6 and take half, or roll 1d6. Your choice. Neither dagger attack hits.)

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    DaEvlOne
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    @Draconiclast Im always here to help :D:D:D

    Draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I have a 14 dex, but @ranmasolo Can go first, of that's ok with DM.

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Ok, Vaamuj and then Rawk.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    (rolled a 6 and a 5 for 11 total- which would be 5.5 halved, so... whichever way you wanna round it off is your call)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Their friends dying beside them, the two attackers who survived take 5 points of poison damage - you can see some of the veins on the exposed skin on their neck and face turn a faint shade of green.

    Now Vaamuj is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Perception Check 14 + 4 = 18.

    Vaamuj sees the greeter ducking behind the podium and unslings his shield from his back. He chants in a strange tongue, gathering a crackling energy in his hand before unleashing an Eldritch Blast in her direction!

    Eldritch Blast attack roll 15 + 6 = 21 vs AC.

    9 damage roll if it hits.... I hope it hits. Lol

    DaEvlOne
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    The Greeter thinks she's done a good job crouching behind the podium, hazards a chance to poke her head out from an angle she thinks will allow her a solid vantage point to scout the battle and plan her next attack, and takes an Eldritch blast to the face with enough force and from the right angle that it essentially caves her skull in on itself, killing her instantly.

    Rawk is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    DaEvlOneranmasoloGreen
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj's eyes get very wide, he wipes at the blood now on the front of his shield...

    "Well that was different."

  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [At this point from behind the bar Uldin just flashes a big ol' thumbs up to Vaamuj after his "display"]

    Uldin: WAY TO GO TRUNKS!

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to take a deep breath]
    Rawk: Nobody ever just wants to sit down and talk over a nice cup of tea do they Daisy? [Pulls out his axe and attacks the nearest enemy]
    *Rolled natural 20 + 6 = 26*
    *Attack for 6+7=13+4=17 damage*
    [Rawk is going to swing Daisy at the attackers and strike it in the skull (regardless if it kills or not)of his enemy and then pull Daisy out]
    Rawk:[Looks at Daisy now covered in blood] Still looking beautiful as ever Daisy. Good work [pats the top of the blade]

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Rawk buries his greataxe in the head of one of the attackers, and he goes down in a heap. Proud of himself, he pats Daisy on her..head? and then is descended upon by the two attackers Jorah had hit with his poison mist. One of them strikes him in the shoulder with his mace hard enough to turn him 90 degrees, and then the other connects with one shot to the kidneys that causes Rawk to lean backwards, and then an overhead strike to the sternum that knocks him flat. Rawk is down.

    [The two men who had been poisoned by Jorah go after Rawk, since he's right in front of them. Pulling out maces, they both get two attacks. One rolls a 7 and a 17, the other rolls a 20 and a 23. So three of their attacks land, dealing 6+6+3 damage, so 15 altogether. Rawk has 15 HP, so Rawk is beaten into unconsciousness by two of the poisoned attackers. I like using 0 HP as that nebulous KO'd-but-not-dead zone, so you don't have to make death saves or anything, but he's out of the fight until someone can revive him.]

    Delveed is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Amidst the sudden violence, Delveed quickly ducks under the overhang of the bar. He sees Rawk go down nearby, and inches closer while his two assailants are distracted. Using the last of his limited magic reserves, he lays a hand on the fallen Gruul barbarian and channels a meager surge of healing energy into him.

    [Cure Wounds at level 1:6+3=9]

    D: I don't care how much paperwork it's going to be, just get up and get us out of here!

Sign In or Register to comment.