As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E IC thread - Introducing the Cooperatives of Ravnica]

168101112

Posts

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Delveed revives Rawk, bringing the half-orc back into the fight after only a few moments spent unconscious.

    In response, one of the guys next to Loudmouth takes two swings at him to try to take him down before Rawk gets up. [He rolled an 8 and an 18 against Delveed's AC, I know the 8 doesn't hit, does the 18?]

    Meanwhile, Loudmouth recoils and then leaps over the bar to go after Uldin. He unsheathes his sword and makes two swings [A 14 and a 22 - does the 14 hit?].

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    14 does not hit

  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    [18 does hit, yes]

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [Thanks.]

    One attacker swings his mace at Delveed but misses; he spins into the momentum of his miss and spins back around and connects the second time, hitting Delveed in the shoulder for 4 damage.

    Behind the bar, Loudmouth jabs his sword at Uldin and is able to pierce a weakspot in his armor for 3 points of damage. He pulls his sword arm back and goes to make a wild swing at Uldin in what he thinks will be a finishing blow, but the space behind the bar doesn't really make an attack like this easy to do, and his attack does not connect.

    Uldin is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [From behind the counter, Uldin is just going to jab the quarterstaff right into Loudmouth's face.]

    ((NAT 20 I guess he really thrusts that in there... lol. If he's still up let me know...))

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [He has more than 1 HP left so I want you to roll damage just in case. You almost one shot him too the first round.]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    8 damage

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Loudmouth tries to swing and hit Uldin but misses, and Uldin uses the opportunity to jab his quarterstaff at him again, hitting him right in the forehead and knocking him to the floor. Leaning over him, Uldin can see a look of panic spreading across his face as his eyes fill with blood. The panicked expression becomes frozen in place.

    One of them looks at Loudmouth go down and freaks out, screaming "THEY KILLED HUMPHREY! GET THEM!" and takes one swing at Delveed and one at Rawk, as they are the closest to him and he doesn't actually want to fight Uldin right now, Loudmouth Humphrey's memory notwithstanding. You all suspect that, should the Senate allow this bar to remain open following this, there will be a chair in the corner always dedicated to Humphrey. He swings his mace down at Rawk to try to put the half-orc back down before he recovers and misses him, and then swings up and sideways and manages to hit Delveed with an ugly swing for 4 points of damage.

    [Almost critted Delveed - 23 to hit him, only 12 to hit Rawk. By my count - and I am tired - you've killed 5 people and have 4 left.]

    Jorah is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin looks over the counter at the fallen Loudmouth.]

    Uldin: He actually did look like a Humphrey.

    [Uldin then reaches over and grabs some peanuts out of the bowl and tosses them into his mouth.... and then spits them out when he remembers he doesn't like peanuts.]

  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah looks at the men he poisoned to death and sighs.]

    JN: Like I was saying, we need to have a gameplan, because no one ever listens, and now these people have lost their dear Humphrey because of it.

    [Jorah looks for the other two men he poisoned as he heads over to Humphrey's body.]

    JN: ...but, it's okay, because I think Humphrey's got some more work to do on this plane... well, his body does. I don't really care where his spirit actually went.

    (Chaotician time! What rolls do you need for Jorah to use Humphrey's body as a potentially lethal lawn dart against the closest poisoned attacker?)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [To use him, you'd have to use your movement to get to the bar and make an acrobatics or a plain dex check to vault the bar, and then a strength check to pick him up and then another dex roll to use him as a thrown weapon. You also have the greeter that Vaamuj just killed next to you, she is considerably lighter than Loudmouth. But you make chaos however you want to.]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah looks over at Humphrey's body behind the bar, looks over at the greeter, and snaps his fingers.]

    JN: ...wait. That one tried to stab me, didn't they?

    [Jorah starts to pick the Greeter's body up...]

    JN: ...get ready to be introduced to Humphrey the Lesser! [muttering] It's not going to be good for you- this one was horrible at their job today...

    (strength check roll to pick the body up was 17, dex check roll for the toss was 13)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Jorah pulls the Greeter up by what is left of her head and hoists her up over his shoulder, throwing her at the thug who attacked Rawk and Delveed. For a moment, time stops for everyone in the Blackline as her body arcs through the air, narrowly missing Delveed and hitting him squarely in the chest for 5 points of damage, knocking him to the ground. He is prone with the dead Greeter on top of him.

    Vaamuj is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    DaEvlOneGreen
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj pauses for just a moment longer
    ...

    "This is kinda fucked up."

    He reaches over his back to take his spear and with a couple quick steps he stands over the downed attacker and pushes it down into his throat.

    "Its just not your day."

    Attack roll if necessary - 12 + 1 = 13

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    There's no coup de grace because he's still conscious. It does hit though, so roll damage.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    OK, while we wait for the damage roll, I'm going to continue the order.

    Rawk is up. Sorry for the wait @MamaWolf

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    (How many enemies/attackers are left?)

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    4.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to attack the closest attacker]
    Rawk: Alright now there are 1-2-3-4 of you [counts them while pointing Daisy at each one] And there is me and my Daisy. [Looks at daisy] Guess the odds aren't in their favor huh?
    [Swings his axe at the attacker]
    *Roll to hit 15+6=21 and if needed Damage 10+4=14*

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Rawk pulls himself up to his feet and goes after the attacker pinned by the dead Greeter, joining Vaamuj in taking advantage of the situation.

    The two men who attacked Rawk and Delveed on the previous turn now go after Vaamuj and Rawk to try to get them both off their friend trapped on the floor. They each get two attacks. The first one hits Vaamuj twice for 10 damage total and once on Rawk for 5 damage, their maces crashing down on them as they desperately try to get their friend free.

    Delveed is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    D6 roll 5 - 1 = 4

    (This never posted I dont know why, I must have not had signal or something, I'm so sorry)

  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Taking advantage of the thug's distraction, Delveed draws his previously unused mace and attempts to club the same assailant that hit him previously.

    [Attack roll: 9+1=10]
    [Damage: 5-1=4]

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Delveed swings his mace, but his foe is able to parry his blow.

    The thug pinned underneath the body of the Greeter tries to free himself and succeeds, shoving her body off of him and rolling up to his feet. He's going to attempt to jump onto Rawk's back and he rolled a 19 for his strength check, I need an opposed strength check to see if he's able to do this successfully or not.

    The rest of the patrons who have been minding their own business are getting pretty uncomfortable at this point, though keep in mind, they're drinking in the morning at a place like the Blackline, so it's not like this isn't the first crazy morning barfight they've seen.

    Uldin is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    Out of the 4 men left... are 2 by Uldin.. and 2 more towards where Jorah is?

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    They're all by the bar now. Jorah is still by the entrance. Uldin is behind the bar eating peanuts. Vaamuj and Delveed are on their feet and Rawk has one guy on his back trying to get him in a chokehold.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    Uldin will jump over the bar counter again... Acrobatics roll: 11+5 = 16...

    He will then proceed to bring the staff down on the nearest foe... Attack roll: 11 +5 = 16 to hit... Damage roll: 5+3=8... and then taking a bonus action of a kick... Attack roll: 10+5 = 15.. if it hits... Damage roll: 1+3 =4

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Uldin vaults back over the bar and hits one of the attackers for 12 damage, drawing his attention away from the seriously injured Vaamuj. Another tries to swing at Uldin and misses wildly.

    Jorah is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk rolled a 12+4=16] *just realized I should have raged lol*

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    OK, Rawk is grappled. Jorah's up @Griffmoy

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Still annoyed, Jorah tosses his handaxe at the attacker that went after Uldin...]

    *roll was 11, if it hits, the damage roll was 5*

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Jorah's axe buries itself in the attacker's bicep. He lets out a startled shriek when he looks at his arm and sees the axe stuck in there, blood flowing freely.

    Vaamuj is up. Three of the remaining four attackers are in bad shape.
    (Just FYI, I'm going to start a 24 hour count on actions and then hold whoever's up and move onto the next in the order.)

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    We will hold Vaamuj's action. Rawk is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk will attempt to vreak the grapple if possible]

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    OK, it's an opposed strength athletics check again. Make your roll.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to rage as a bonus action and then attempt to break free]
    (Gets advantage on strength rolls rolled 1+4=5 and 16+4=20, so 20 haha)

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Rawk rages and starts flinging the thug on his back around like a bucking bronco, but he manages to hang out and maintain the grapple.

    The two thugs who had been poisoned each take shots at Delveed and Vaamuj but miss, collapsing to the ground choking, no longer able to fight off the toxins in Jorah's poison breath.

    There is one left facing down Delveed and one on Rawk's back. Delveed is up. Holding for Vaamuj still and he can re-enter the order at will.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Delveed takes another unpracticed swing with his mace!

    [Attack:10+1=11]
    [Damage:6-1=5]

  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj will attack the nearest thug and fail pretty badly lol

    3 + not nearly enough

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Delveed and Vamuuj both go after the thug on Rawk's back. Delveed makes an awkward swing with his mace that hits the thug between the shoulderblades. Vaamuj's attack is best left undescribed.

    The final remaining thug takes a desperate shot at Rawk to free his friend, driving the end of his mace into Rawk's midsection for ... 2 damage.

    Uldin is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin just shakes his head at the scene before him.]

    Uldin: And some question the motives of the Combine, when its clear some of you could still use some evolving.

    [Uldin proceeds to grab the quarterstaff with both hands (making it a versatile weapon) and swings it like one would swing a baseball bat at the remaining thug.]

    ((Roll 19+5=24))

    ((Damage 3+3 = 6))

    (If that does not finish off the thug I would like to take bonus action... if not he's ready to talk crap)

Sign In or Register to comment.