Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 5E IC thread - Introducing the Cooperatives of Ravnica]

1567911

Posts

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    (Take your bonus action)

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin after taking his homerun swing, swings a back elbow trying to connect.]

    (( 9+5=14 for 1+3=4 damage))

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    He takes two solid shots from Uldin but is on his feet. He responds in kind, swinging twice at Uldin and connecting one time for 3 damage. Seeing no one coming to his aid and his friends in trouble, he panics and starts screaming nonsensical threats at the party.

    Jorah is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah stares at the yelling man in disbelief.]

    JN: ...watch your mouth, Humphrey the Third.

    [Jorah takes a look at the remains of the reeter's podium, thinking...]

    (what rolls do you need to attempt to beat the hell out of this guy with the remains of the podium?)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    (The podium wasn't smashed, so a strength check to lift it up and an attack role if you're going to smash it on someone.)

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    STRENGTH CHECK: 11

    ATTACK ROLL (if strength checks out): 7

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Jorah hoists the podium up over his head and tries to hit the panicking thug with it, but in his craze the man is able to duck out of the way. Jorah still holds onto it even though he missed.

    Vaamuj is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj stamps his spear against the ground, starts to speak the words of power and calls for plant life to spring up and Entangle the final thug.

    I cast entangle. :) Str save to avoid being restrained.

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    I need everyone to make strength saving throws. The only person who doesn't have to is the thug who is on Rawk's back. What's the DC @ranmasolo ?

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Everyone? I thought it would just be the thug? Like I specifically want to capture him lol but however you want to play it I'm game haha I guess it IS 20sqft.

    Save DC is 14

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    edited January 30
    (I'm gonna try this and see if it works)
    Geth roll 1d20+6 for Rawk's Strength Check
    Geth roll 1d20+6 for Rawk's Strength Check advantage

    Rawk's Strength Check:
    1d20+4 22 [1d20=18]

    MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    edited January 30
    I put +4 thinking check instead of Save. That is suppose to be +6, because it's a save not a check, but pretty sure I pass either way

    MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    16

  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for Strength Save

    Strength Save:
    1d20-1 5 [1d20=6]

    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    17

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Without warning, vines burst through the floor of the Blackline, shocking the patrons present - some of them probably have never seen a green thing in their entire lives. This, moreso than the fighting, scares the patrons into fleeing the scene - those that can make it through the vines, anyway. One of them stays back, looks at his drink, and pushes it away from himself, vowing off alcohol forever before making his own charge through the vines.

    The thug who isn't on Rawk's back and Delveed are both entangled, so they can't move, attacks against them have advantage, and they have disadvantage on any dex saves.

    Delveed is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Aren't Vaamuj and Rawk up before Delveed?

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    Vaamuj cast entangle so he certainly doesn't go

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I though that was his held action.

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Nevermind I just realized that was his turn, but still Rawk's turn before Delveed right?

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    edited January 31
    (probably still grappled? Might have to make strength save if anything... but Rawk should be before a Delveed)

    DaEvlOne on
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    My mistake, Rawk is up, then Delveed. This fight needs to end!

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Rawk has a barely alive thug on his back, so he is grappled.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to attempt to escape]
    Get roll 1d20+4 for Rawk's Strength Check

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to attempt to escape]
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Rawk's Strength Check

    Rawk's Strength Check:
    1d20+4 12 [1d20=8]

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    After a great deal of effort, Rawk is able to flip the thug over his shoulder and bring him crashing back down to the floor, where he finds himself getting entangled in the vines from Vaamuj's spell. One snakes him around his wrist but he's able to break free from that - for now.

    Delveed is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Delveed attempts to free himself from the vines.

    Geth roll 1d20-1 for Strength check

    Strength check:
    1d20-1 12 [1d20=13]

    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    The other thug tries to get to his feet, but the vines now successfully grab him.

    Both thugs are restrained. How do you, as a party, want to continue? You have roughly 45 seconds in-game time to decide before the vines wither and they're free.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    (I vote we question them quickly about why the mugging attempt and who sent them)

  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    (I second that vote about the questioning about the mugging and all that)

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Agreed

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    That's three votes to try to get information out of them, time to make your rolls - and remember the time constraint, you don't have time here to have a big conversation before the vines wither. If Delveed and/or Vaamuj want to try something else, well, it IS D&D, so...

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin points the quarterstaff to the two dummies entangled in vines...]

    Uldin: HEY! Tell us why you went after the girl and who sent you! OR.... (points to Trunks) he's gonna stomp all over you.

    Geth roll 1d20 for intimidation

    intimidation:
    1d20 14 [1d20=14]

  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj glowers at the thugs and envisions the vines creeping up their bodies, starting to grow across their faces and press into their eyes as if to continue growing straight into their skulls.

    Arcana check? Roll 14 + 5 = 19. To try to make it actually happen, if that's cool. If not that's fine too. Still character flavor!

    Intimidation check? Roll 7 + 2 = 9. To try to assist Uldins threat.

    Vaamuj will also pull out his locket and open it out towards the thugs.

    "We will know the truth of you!"

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Does Vaamuj have thamaturgy?

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah still looks annoyed.]

    JN (still holding the podium): I'm gonna use this to turn one of you into a Humphrey if you don't speak up.

    Geth roll 1d20 for Intimidation

    Intimidation:
    1d20 11 [1d20=11]

    Green
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Rawk is just gonna stand there holding Daisy.

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    So with several people standing over them threatening to finish them off, the thugs give up. One of them rolls onto his back clutching his ribs, groaning loudly, not saying anything really intelligible at this point. The other one says, "It was Radkos, it was those Radkos guys, my brother got into some game they were playing and thought we could get in good with them and -- and now that idiot is dead -- oh man, what am I gonna tell Mom??"

    He starts crying.

    Caboose, the bartender, starts yelling from behind the bar, where he's pinned to the floor. The vines have him trapped, too, and he's really freaking out. "CUT ME OUT OF THESE THINGS OH MY GOD JUST GET OUT OF MY BAR THE RADKOS CRAP IS IN THE BACK JUST GO OH MY GOD WHAT ARE THESE THINGS!!!!"

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin pushes the button that makes the quarterstaff retract back into baton size. He calmly puts it back into his cloak and does a slow clap.]

    Uldin: That's all we were asking for. All of this could easily have been avoided. Thanks for your time.

    [Uldin leans over and pats the one who was clutching his ribs on the shoulder. He then leaps back over the counter and towards the door marked employees only.]

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Acrobatics

    Acrobatics:
    1d20+5 22 [1d20=17]

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Uldin leaps back over the bar without problem and approaches the aforementioned door.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
Sign In or Register to comment.