Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 5E IC thread - Introducing the Cooperatives of Ravnica]

245678

Posts

  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah blinks a few times.]

    JN: ...gift? There's actually something here for me?

    [He grins.]

    JN: I knew this was a good building to be in!

    [He clambers over to take a look at what was left for him...]

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Ignoring the screaming outside, Jorah goes for his envelope. It has a little heft to it. Inside, he finds an empty vial and a letter. The letter reads:
    NORIXIUS JORAH:

    WELCOME TO THE COOPERATIVE OF RAVNICA. I TRUST YOU WILL FIND EVERYTHING SUITABLE. EVENTUALLY.

    WHILE I HAVE GIVEN YOUR COLLEAGUES SPECIFIC TASKS AND TOOLS TO HELP THEM ACCOMPLISH THOSE GOALS, MY HOPE FOR YOU IS TO PROVIDE SOME AGENCY AND UNPREDICTABILITY TO THE ORGANIZATION. YOUR OFFICIAL TITLE IS CHAOTICIAN. YOU ARE THE VARIABLE OF THIS GROUP.

    TO THAT END, I HAVE PROVIDED YOU WITH THIS VIAL, ENDOWED WITH THE ABILITY TO REFILL ITSELF WITH ANY POTION KNOWN TO THE MULTIVERSE - THOUGH NOT NECESSARILY TO YOUR CHOOSING.

    ENJOY - JACE

    [DM note: the mechanic for the vial is that I will randomly roll a potion, and its potency will be 1/2 * 1d4, so it might do half as much, or it might do twice as much, depending on the rolls. If only a portion of the potion is used, then we can just roleplay the consequences. You won't know any of it until it's used, though, unless someone can cast Identify.]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Perception 12 + 4

    Vaamuj starts to look for the indicated "gifts"

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    As Jorah considers his new vial, Vaamuj starts exploring the counterspace with his trunk, suctioning up the only remaining envelope -- it also has some heft to it -- and bringing it to himself. There is still screaming outside. Vaamuj's letter reads:
    VAAMUJ:

    WELCOME TO THE COOPERATIVE OF RAVNICA. I APPRECIATE YOUR ACCEPTING THE INVITATION TO JOIN THIS BRANCH. I KNOW IT COMES AT GREAT SACRIFICE TO YOU.

    YOU HAVE BEEN DESIGNATED EMISSARY OF THIS BRANCH. YOU ARE THE PUBLIC FACE OF THIS COOPERATIVE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REPRESENTING THE COOPERATIVE IN ANY INSTANCE WHERE YOUR GROUP NEED INTERACT WITH ANY OF THE GUILDS. YOU ARE TO SPEAK FOR THE COOPERATIVE WHEN THE PUBLIC INQUIRES INTO YOUR ACTIVITIES OR DEMANDS ANSWERS FOR YOUR BEHAVIORS.

    I HAVE ENCLOSED AN AMULET TO ASSIST YOU IN THIS TASK. I TRUST YOU WILL FIND INTERESTING.

    BEST OF LUCK - JACE

    Enclosed is a locket on a thin gold chain. When Vaamuj opens the locket, an eyeball opens and looks back at him. The pupil is very dilated, as it was in the dark. Vaamuj closes the locket.

    [DM note: +1 insight when the locket is open and the eye can look at whatever Vaamuj is trying to gain insight on.]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    (OOC I legit thought the screaming was on Jaces end lol)

    Vaamuj secrets the locket away in one of his many many pockets and robe folds.

    "We should probably investigate that ruckus outside. Some poor animal might need our help."

    Vaamuj moves to go outside and look around.

    Perception - 14+ 4

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [I thought writing the letters in all caps would be a good way to differentiate the text, since there are no font options on here. I thought about writing them out as Word files and linking them on Google Docs but that seemed like too much right now, plus I know I'd spend a lot of time obsessing over the font.]

    Vaamuj lumbers out of the building and sees three men attacking a young woman. Two of them have knives drawn and the third is trying to rip her satchel away from her. It's unclear if she sees the knives or if she cares about them. She is screaming at them to stop.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    ranmasolo
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin places the orb back in his cloak. Quickly and carefully, as to not get trampled by Vaamuj.. Uldin turns around and heads towards the origin of the screaming.]

    Perception 16 +2 (to ascertain the type or origin of the screaming)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Uldin watches Vaamuj squeeze through the door and turn on the muggers. He moves out beside his new Loxodon colleague and faces the same situation. One of the muggers yells at them: "Piss off! This isn't any of your business!"

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    I suppose this is a good time to say: roll initiative!

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    DaEvlOneMamaWolf
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Rawk: Sounds like trouble, better go and solve it. Ready Daisy? [pats his axe][Rawk is going to take his Great axe out and run outside] [Perception 18+3 to notice the women being attacked]

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [11+2 for initiative]

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Rawk draws his great axe and goes outside, and he also sees the attack taking place - seeing Rawk, the mugger trying to grab the woman's satchel becomes more aggressive, more desperate. There are now three of you facing down against three muggers. I need initiative rolls before I can do any other actions.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [rolled a 12 + 1 for initiative]

    [Jorah nods to himself as he slips the letter into his pocket, his hand moving towards the hilt of his greatsword as he heads outside...]

  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    (16 +3 for initiative )

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [11+2 for initiative]

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Still sputtering in disbelief over the Gruul being named the Cooperative's diplomancer, Delveed barely registers Jace's welcoming speech, only snapping fully back to focus when the screaming outside begins. As Jhank speedily crawls up the plates of his scale mail he turns and runs for the door, eager for his first true test as a lawmage.

    [Initiative: 15+2=17]

    Green on
    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Initiative 3 + 1

    Vaamuj stares at the scene in front of him, aghast. He let's out a loud trumpet blast from his trunk. "Is that bag.... leeeather? And is that... is that ivory on that knife handle?!"

    Vaamuj stomps his feet in thunderous anger!

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Uldin, Delveed, Rawk, Jorah (tied for initiative, Rawk has the higher Dex), the muggers, and then the outraged Vaamuj

    Uldin is up.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin reaches into his pocket and produces an item which resembles a baton and flicks it open into a quarterstaff.]

    Uldin: Ah but you see... it IS our business.

    [Uldin moves forward with the quarterstaff and attacks the mugger closest to the lady.]

    (Roll 12+5)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Do you mean the one who is trying to get her bag, or one of the other ones? It hits either way, but the one trying to get her bag is technically the closest and I want there to be a check to make sure she isn't hit by mistake.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    The one trying to get her bag.

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    OK, make an acrobatics or athletics check and describe how Uldin moves around her to strike him. It's a very low DC.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    15 + 5 (acrobatics)... I assume it hits lol

    [Uldin in one motion, grabs the satchel that the mugger and lady are fighting over with his left hand and uses it like one would a whipping top, sending the lady spinning away from the muggers. With his right hand, Uldin comes down with the quarterstaff on the mugger.]

    1d6+3 of damage (roll 3+3) 6 damage

    Uldin: MY business in fact.

    ranmasoloMamaWolf
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    The young woman is sent spinning out of danger, trying desperately to maintain her balance - she takes 1, 2, 3 wild steps before finally catching herself on a nearby bench, dropping her bag and sending her art supplies scattering.

    Uldin's staff connects with the top of the mugger's head with a loud thunk.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    Uldin: [pointing the quarterstaff now at the mugger he just thunked] Now would be the best time to leave.

  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Delveed points a finger at one of the muggers holding a knife and traces a glowing triangular sigil.

    D: Drop.

    [Command, Wisdom saving throw DC 12]

    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    The mugger looks back at Delveed and then looks at Uldin and says, "You heard him, drop it."

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to walk forward toward the mugger that had tried to take the purse] [As he walks over he is gonna be swinging his axe a bit, almost like a zig-zag motion]
    Rawk: [pauses a moment] Oh yes, I forgot, it is custom to introduce oneself to each other when first meeting. I am Rawk of the Gruul Clan. And THIS [raises his Great axe] is Daisy. [Rawk swings his Great Axe at the mugger (roll 18+6)]

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I assume it hits LOL
    [8+4=12 slashing damage] [Rawk jumps toward the mugger as a predator would it's prey and swings his axe at the mugger's arm in a semi-circular fashion] [ after hitting the mugger, Rawk is going to hold the axe close to his face and pat the blade]
    Rawk: Whoops, forgot to mention she's a bit agressive. Watch out for that bite of hers.

    MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    After getting clonked on the head by Uldin's quarterstaff, Rawk leaps in and buries his greataxe in the same mugger's head, killing him instantly. Kill confirmed, he gives his axe a good shake to loosen its hold on the mugger, and as the lifeless body slowly slides off the blade and collapses onto the ground, he says "Whoops, forgot to mention she's a bit agressive. Watch out for that bite of hers."

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah heads outside and surveys the still-ensuing carnage.]

    JN: ...what's going on, and who do these people work for? That's who I want to hit.

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Do you want to use your action to ask them who they work for, or do you want to attack, or do you want to hold your action?

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    Hold action, I guess- it's more of an in character statement to the co-op.

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    OK, Jorah holds his action. The muggers are up.

    Seeing one of their companions collapse in a heap, both men go in to attack - one on Rawk and one on Uldin. They rolled a 19 to hit Rawk and a 21 to hit Uldin. 2 damage on Rawk, 5 damage on Uldin. They both immediately disengage and take a full step backwards preparing to make a run for it. Vaamuj is up.

    Draconiclast on
    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj blasts one last trumpeting roar before curling his trunk (which functions as an extra hand... cool right?!) behind his back and plucking up his shield, hidden in the folds of his robes. The oak round would cover most men and maybe even Rawk from midthigh to shoulder, but against Vaamuj's bulk it looks naught bigger than a buckle!

    His trunk then reaches back and pulls the pole off his back, revealing a fire hardened tip, carved in the shape of a giant fang. The curved spear tip points out at the remaining muggers.

    "For ancestors and VENGEANCE!!"

    Attack with spear 16 + 3 = 19

    Damage 6 + -1 = 5

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The tip of Vaamuj's spear finds a gap in one of the muggers' armor, wounding him. When Vaamuj pulls the spear back, there is a gush of blood from the wound, and the mugger cries out in pain.

    [We're back at the top of the order unless Jorah decides to act before it gets back to him. Uldin is up.]

    Draconiclast on
    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah drums the pocket that his note is in, looking around for anything out of the ordinary besides a mugging and a couple of intervening murders.]

    ((perception check if you need it was 11 + 4 bonus for 15))

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Jorah sees one dead man on the ground and two others getting ready to run, one of which has a wound on the left side of his chest, near his shoulder. There is a young woman who just got flung away from the combat and was able to steady herself on a bench before losing her balance completely. The bag the muggers were trying to steal from her fell to the ground in the struggle and came open and the art supplies it contained spilled out - a couple of sketch pads, some pencils, some inkwells and small paintbrushes, things like that.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    JN: ...who mugs an artist? Only one way to find out...

    [Jorah nonchalantly pulls a handaxe from his belt and whips it at the closest would-be fleeing man's leg*.]

    (*what rolls do you need for this? I just want to be sure)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    [It's a ranged attack, so 1d20+your proficiency bonus +your dex modifier, so looking at your sheet that's +2 proficiency and +1 dex]

    Draconiclast on
    twitch.tv/draconiclast
Sign In or Register to comment.