Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 5E IC thread - Introducing the Cooperatives of Ravnica]

13468912

Posts

  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    (roll 11 +2 = 13)

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    *16+3=19 perception*

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj look around the room. Hes slightly shakey from all the drinking, but still functional.

    Perception roll 9 + 4 = 13

    Mostly.

  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    [Perception 1+3=4]

    Having left the crowd to the resident diplomancer, Delveed is busily writing in a small, unadorned notebook in the corner of the room. He doesn't seem to take notice as the citizens file out.

    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    (Perception roll: 16 + 4 = 20)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Delveed concerns himself with taking notes while the rest of the party takes time to explore their surroundings.

    The building purchased? Acquired? by Jace for this particular cooperative has rooms for each member of the party, plus a spare room that serves no apparent purpose yet. The rooms are for the party to use as they wish - with the exception, of course, of the spare. Amidst some of the junk in the room are things the party may want to use to try to make this place their own: some old desk furniture, some lamps, assorted odds and ends.

    As the party roams through the building, figuring out who is going to take which room, the front door to the building opens and an older human man dressed in a head to toe white robe, bejeweled on the sleeves and shoulders with an array of gemstones. He carries with him an ordinary staff that he uses almost as a walking stick, leaning on it as he lets the door shut behind him. He clears his throat quite loudly and says,

    "Am I to understand that you have been informed of some old ghoul menacing children around here? That you let a group of outlaws escape to some neighborhood saloon? You gentlemen need to get while the getting is good, as they say."

    The party turns to face him, confused and wondering why there is this old man giving them orders. Delveed looks up from his note-taking, saying nothing.

    "Pardon me, of course, of course. My name is Tallyrand and I have been asked to be your counselor and consoler and sophist general and this-and-that and oh really, you gentlemen are supposed to be showing the people of Ravnica that the guilds can work together and your first acts are to commit murder and then get everyone good and drunk? Get out there and smite something!"

    Before they know what's hit them, the party finds themselves outside of the building, Tallyrand shutting the door behind them. The dead mugger is still laying in the middle of the street, but he has been picked clean of all of his worldly possessions.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah just grins.]

    JN: ...oh, this is gonna be fun.

  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    So from the information that was gathered, do we know the location of the bar?

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [Yes, you know where everything above ground is. The staves, you'll have to go and explore some. It's time to dungeon and dragon!]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    Green
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin flips up the hood on his cloak... puts his head down and starts to make a beeline towards the bar. He casually sidesteps the mugger's body.]

    Uldin: Im sure that'll go away eventually. Onward Trunks, Scales, Teapot and Delveed!

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to take out Daisy, take a deep breath and nod, abd follow Uldin. Rawk is going to look at the mugger's body and just shrug]

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    Name of this bar/saloon? :)

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    The Blackline.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin seems focused at the task as hand.. using the arrival of Tallyrand as a sign to get things going. Familiar with the area but not the Blackline itself... Uldin leads the team to the bar. Taking a deep breath, Uldin removes his hood and tries to walk into the bar as casually as he can.]

    Roll 14 + 1 (if investigation) +2 (if perception) (What does he see?)

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [As soon as they reach the bar, Rawk is going to run in and go to the bar tender]
    Rawk:[brings out his flask and lays one of the colorful rocks he has on the bar] How much mead for this pretty rock? I need as much as you can give me, plus a fill up of my flask.

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    The party makes their way down the street, managing to avoid a couple of people coming to investigation the reports of violence who will no doubt have questions about the dead man in the middle of the road.

    The Blackline is a few blocks away from the HQ, identifiable by the glowing sign hanging in the front window of a single horizontal black line. Outside the bar stands a couple of half-orcs smoking and muttering to each other. They look up briefly as the party approaches, and both men take a few steps away from the door to give the party plenty of room.

    Entering the Blackline, the party sees a darkly lit bar. There are both hightop and regular tables scattered throughout the floor of the bar, with the actual bar itself set against the back wall. As it is early in the day, the bar isn't crowded - there are 7 other people present, presumably the really... committed regulars. You see a couple of them wincing from the light coming and the door shuts behind you. There is a stage for live music that is currently empty. There is a chalkboard on the wall listing drink prices - they sell beer, wine, Orcish Moonshine, Goblin rum, all the staples of a dive bar in Ravnica. Prices top out at 10 silver for something called a Wish Spell that comes in a complimentary Blackline stein.

    Oddly, there is a greeter positioned at the front - a young elf stands ready to greet you. "Welcome to the Blackline!" she says. Rawk pushes past her and makes his way to the bar, leaving the rest of the party behind. Reaching the bar, you all can see Rawk strike up a conversation with the bartender, waving his flask around and slamming something onto the bar. Uldin sees that he in fact just put a bright red ruby on the bar worth probably 75 gold.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Upon seeing this bright red ruby on the bar counter, Uldin makes his way towards Rawk and the bartender.]

    Uldin: (looking back) Excuse my dear... (pointing to Vaamuj) Trunks over there's in charge of those misfits. Hey Teapot...

    [Uldin swiftly makes his way to Rawk's side before anyone can say another word.]

    Uldin: What do we have to drink in here today, good sir??

    ((Using sleight of hand I'd like to exchange the red ruby with another red rock of lesser value on Rawk's person.... roll 15 + 3= 18))

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [Need a perception check from Rawk to see if he notices. At disadvantage since he's drunk, so roll twice and take the lower of the two rolls.]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Realizing just how out of place he looks in his standard-issue lawmage uniform, Delveed keeps near to the entrance of the bar while attempting to listen in on his compatriots as they gather information. Jhank peeps out of his travel pouch.

    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    *Rawk's perception was a 12 and a 9*[Rawk is busy trying to get as many flasks of alcohol as he can]
    Rawk:[is going to respond to being called teapot] What do you want fishy? I'm trying to keep my social skills going well. If you want me to be nice, then let me get my flasks. If you would rather me re-live the memory of my wife and daughter being murdered then by all means, please use those fins of yours and swim elsewere.

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Uldin grabs the ruby Rawk put on the bar just before the bartender can take it, replacing it with a small stack of silver coins. The bartender thinks about saying something, looks at Uldin, then back at Delveed, and says nothing. He takes Rawk's flask at turns his back to the party, filling it with something from the bar. He then grabs one of the steins and sets to work making Rawk a Wish Spell. While making it, he says "Easy boys, easy... Lots of bad memories get lost in this place, this'll help ya out."

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin leans over and tries to whisper all smooth like...]

    Uldin: Its the memories that don't get lost that we're looking for. (pointing to Vaamuj) Trunks especially never forgets anything. I wonder how your particular memory is, good bar keep??

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    He says, "My memory? I remember how to make a few drinks and that's about it."

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    Uldin: Hows about three fellas...two fellas, that frequent this here establishment, like to mug women of their belongings? Ring a bell?

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    He says, "Can't say that it does. All I do is pour drinks."

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin nods, does an 180, throws his hands up...]

    Uldin: Well, I tried. (calls over to Vaamuj in Loxodon) "Trunks, you might want to use your charming ways because I have little time for these idiots..."

    [Uldin finds a table to sit at completely away from the bartender and Rawk. He puts the red ruby away and starts to look around the bar to see if he recognizes anything or anyone inside.]

    (Perception roll 15 + 2= 17)

  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    (Perception check to see if Jorah noticed any of what took place at the bar concerning Uldin... well, being Uldin: 18 + 4 was the roll)

  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj walks to the bar top and sets himself down. He looks on as the Wish Spell is made.

    "Barkeep, is that made with all cruelty free ingredients?"

    Vaamuj then looks across the room at Uldin.

    "First round is on him!"

  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Looking visibly upset and exasperated... Uldin gives Vaamuj the death stare.]

    Uldin: (again in Loxodon) "If we have to get everyone drunk to get information... we will never get anywhere."

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to pull out his tea set and look at the barkeep]
    Rawk: [takes a breath in] I know this is odd, but have you any tea that we could share together?

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Jorah does see Uldin swap the ruby for the stack of silver coins and pocket his prize.

    The few people who are in the Blackline are trying to ignore the party, talking to themselves in hushed tones. Uldin doesn't see either of the muggers from earlier there. The bartender turns around and places the stein on the bar in front of Rawk and looks at Vaamuj and says "Cruelty free? Sure friend, whatever you say. The potatoes were yutanized humanely, the sugarcane were all free range, an' we said a sweet prayer for the rye, or some such." He pockets the silver coins. "The goat blood were donated with permission from their mothers, but the hot peppers, I feel like they found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time."

    When Vaamuj announces that they're buying everyone in the bar a round, the loyal customers perk up a little, but it's not energetic as much as it is the undead-esque groan that translates to "yes I want free booze" that is basically universal to people drinking at a bar like this in the middle of the morning.

    As Uldin tries to talk Vaamuj out of this plan, the door to the bar opens again and the two half-orcs who were previously outside re-enter the bar, with two humans coming in behind them. One of the humans pushes to the head of the group and says "Looks like we got some new friends here!" He elbows past Delveed and continues walking to the bar. "Caboose, if they're paying, gimme a bottle of tequila - with the eyeball."


    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Uldin also sees a door behind the bar labeled "EMPLOYEES ONLY".

    I don't know that Rawk has the tea set with him since they were just drinking at the HQ. Make a wisdom check to see if he remembered to bring it.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    *sorry I thought i put that he put that away, but makes sense of he didn't* *wisdom Roll was 19+1=20*
    [Instead of the tea set, Rawk is going to place the boar skull he has on the bar]
    Rawk: Know how I got this? This is the head of the beast that attempted to take my little Daisy away from me before those Lazav wannabes that call themselves Dimir assassin's got her that is. Well this beast was very powerful and fast, well luckily me and my weapon Daisy are faster anf smarter. We quickly jumped in front of her and sliced it's head clear off. I keep this skull as a reminder not to forget who I am. I protect people ya know? Tell me bar keep do you protect people as well?

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin looks at the "Employees Only" door and then at the men just entering the bar. He quickly stands up and makes his way back to Vaamuj and Rawk. Uldin whispers to Vaamuj again in Loxodon..]

    Uldin: "Trunks, I need you and Teapot to create a diversion while I try and see what's going on in that room (He tilts his head to point out the door) Trust me, I completely believe I know what Im doing."

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    edited January 15
    The bartender looks at the boar skull Rawk has placed on the bar and says nothing for a second, then up to the man coming in to the bar. "You got it", he says, turning and reaching for a bottle of tequila, a large eyeball suspended in the middle of it.

    The newcomer pushes up to the bar and takes the bottle from the bartender. He looks at Uldin and says, "How about you pay the man", and then at Rawk and says "Nice skull. Where'd you buy it?"

    Draconiclast on
    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin looks the newcomer up and down with slight disdain.]

    Uldin: I'm sorry Mr. Personality.... You must have me mistaken for a fool. Now go on, pay for your drinks and let the adults continue their conversations.

    ((Perception check... do these guys look anything like the men from before? Roll 12+2))

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    edited January 15
    [They're not the guys from before. They might know them? They're not friendly guys and are obviously trying to start something, or at the very least try to push you around.]

    He turns to Vaamuj. "Your boy says he's not good for it? After you made that promise, that hardly seems like something an honorable Loxodon like yourself would stand for, don't that fly in the face of what you people at the tree stand for?"

    [He rolled perception to try to guess what guild Vaamuj is from and rolled an 11, so he guessed incorrectly that he's part of the Selsenya Conclave]

    He looks over his shoulder back at Delveed. "What about you, you their chaperone? You must have some allowance for these boys to pay for the drink they said they'd buy. Or we gonna have to take something else to make things right with Caboose here?"

    [He rolled a 2 on his intimidation check against Delveed. So. Yeah.]

    Draconiclast on
    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is gonna look over at the new guy and pat his skull]
    Rawk: Well you see, [proceeds to tell the story again] [after he tells the story he's gonna finish his drink and then put his skull back in his pouch]
    Rawk: Also, I suggest paying for your own drink and buying one for me as well, you know for friendship sake [Rawk is going to stand up and place one hand on Daisy] *Intimidation roll 15+2=17*

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Before you can make the intimidation roll, I need you to make a constitution save.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    *Con save 18+5=23*

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
13468912
Sign In or Register to comment.