Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

join us in glorious pod-hood [jobs]

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I made it to work today! The main roads are actually fine, just wet now.

Our customer parking lot is also clear. There’s a 7 foot mound of ploughed snow in one corner.

The staff parking lot... well, my assistant and I made it in, albeit with much skating, and my car is propped up at an angle. We may find ourselves a bit stuck.

sig.jpg
    BucketmanGnome-InterruptusSlacker71sarukun
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    I am feeling like more of an idiot than usual today. Had a hell of a time parsing what the lesson plan for a research project was asking for. Imposter syndrome is strong.

Also I need to submit an official title for my conference presentation on VR in libraries I'll be giving in June.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork

• N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    General observation. There is a book challenge going around educator twitter right now to post favorite books.

No one ever challenges us librarians.

Also not sure how posting 7 covers of books you love is a challenge?

I tend to infer that school librarians are included in those things? Hm. I don't usually pass them around, but I'll make a note to clarify that if/when I do.

The challenge is that you can only post 7, obvs.

• N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Double post:
    Waiting for observation feedback/evaluation is a small form of torture.

BucketmanSlacker71
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    picking a favorite book is definitely a challenge, that question is utterly paralyzing

Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
    N1tSt4lkerDoodmannJansonKayne Red Robe3clipsekimeCommander ZoomSlacker71
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    picking a favorite book is definitely a challenge, that question is utterly paralyzing

It’s Night Watch and also Small Gods

Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    Bucketmanchrishallett83ElvenshaeDavid_TStempyRadiationIloveslimesdiscrider
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    It's cliche but Slaughterhouse 5 is definitely way up there, since it's basically the closest I've come to being okay with my own mortality.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I don't think I have a favourite book. I used to say Dune but I haven't read it for a few years so maybe not any more. Maybe The Road?

Doodmann
  • KaplarKaplar Registered User regular
    Reading books? I've already graduated from grade school thankyouverymuch.

BucketmanElvenshae
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat bad, but in a useful way Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    It's cliche but Slaughterhouse 5 is definitely way up there, since it's basically the closest I've come to being okay with my own mortality.

I wouldn't have known to start off the top of my head, but this reminds me that Cat's Cradle is probably mine.

ipb9shu990mz.jpg

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    What kind of nerd has read seven books

Most students in elementary school I think.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    DisruptedCapitalistElvenshaesarukunlonelyahavaVegemyteTonkka
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    Polaritie wrote: »
    What kind of nerd has read seven books

Most students in elementary school I think.

oh man, owned.

Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    tynicBucketmanDarkPrimusOghulkN1tSt4lkerTynnanDisruptedCapitalist3clipseElvenshaekimeKadithSlacker71L Ron HowardDoctorArchsarukunKwoaruShadowfireJoolanderVegemyteDrZiplockTonkkafurlion
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    Help me brainstorm conference presentation titles.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Also I need to submit an official title for my conference presentation on VR in libraries I'll be giving in June.

Digital Dewey Decimal: Libraries in 3D.

DixonJoolanderfurlion
    what's the topic

I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
    Shorty wrote: »
    what's the topic

VR/Mixed Reality in libraries. It's going to be a very simple, here's the status of VR and what stuff you can do with it in education right now.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

What Dewy Did: A realistic approach to the Dewy Decimal System and how it effected computer sorting

Tolkin Tokin: No Tolkin wasn't on drugs

• JedocJedoc I fought THE POD and THE POD wonRegistered User regular
    edited February 12
    Why Johnny Mnemonic Can't Read.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    ShortyGnome-InterruptusschussBucketmanSlacker71L Ron HowardJoolanderElbasunuRoyceSraphimSkeithfurlion
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Was able to do my shopping trip in this, my one day a year that I have all to myself. School wasn't cancelled due to snow.
    I have to pick up my youngest early, but 4:30pm is better than having both all day.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

Where We R: VR, AR, MR, and how libraries could have harnessed the power of all these darn kids playing Pokémon Go.

DoodmannThe Escape GoatJaysonFourDarkPrimusN1tSt4lkerSleepElvenshaekimeDisruptedCapitalistMoridin889BucketmanSlacker71L Ron HowardsarukunJoolanderSporkAndrewVegemyteDrZiplockIloveslimespooka
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

No, It's The Children Who Are Wrong: Encouraging Analog Reading In An Age Of Digital Entertainment.

wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    PerrsunDoodmannThe Escape GoatN1tSt4lkerGnome-Interruptus3clipseSleepani_game_bumElvenshaekimeTofystedethchrishallett83Commander ZoomDisruptedCapitalistMoridin889BucketmanKaplarSlacker71L Ron HowardsarukunMrGrimoireKetarShadowfireJoolanderSorceStempySporkAndrewVegemyteRadiationNightDragonstopgapDrZiplockRoyceSraphimIloveslimesLokarnTonkkaSkeithfurlionCormac
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    There is nothing worse than c level end users.

Biggest bunch of fucking babies on the planet.

walrus.png
    Kayne Red RobeGnome-InterruptusSleepDrake Chamberswebguy20chrishallett83JayKaosbowenBucketmanSlacker71L Ron HowardsarukunRoyceSraphimIloveslimes
  • Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    There is nothing worse than c level end users.

Biggest bunch of fucking babies on the planet.

How dare you, sir! Those people are very wealthy, so they're right.

steam_sig.png
    kime
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I just had a screening interview for a faculty job.

... in the pod.

The Escape GoatDarth WaiterLaOsTayaDrake ChambersmcpPerrsunTynnanTofystedethNaphtaliJedocwebguy203clipsechromdomrhylithBrovid HasselsmofKadithElvenshaeN1tSt4lkerchrishallett83FlarneFishmanDoodmannSleepKakodaimonosThat Dave FellaLabelDarkPrimusCommander ZoomDisruptedCapitalistJansonani_game_bumschussLiiyaMoridin889Goose!CarpyBucketmanKaplarOghulkSnicketysnickSlacker71KetBraToxJaysonFourL Ron HowardDoctorArchsarukunMysstKwoaruKetarDevoutlyApatheticCalicaShadowfireJoolanderSorcelonelyahavaSporkAndrewhonovereNightDragonBirdsstopgapDrZiplockRoyceSraphimIloveslimesdiscriderpookaTonkkaCimmeriigodmodeSkeithThrofurlion
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

... in the pod.

Did you make sure that the interviewer got the sticky seat?

Elvenshae
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    Your application is the chosen of Pod.

steam_sig.png
    Bucketman
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I am watching the fyre festival documentary on Netflix.

This is the worst company I've ever seen.

Keith the pilot is an absolute lad

YOU'RE ALL BABIES.
    SO MUCH POTENTIAL TO WASTE.
    Koshian wrote: »
    JOKE'S ON YOU
    MY POTENTIAL IS ALREADY WASTED
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

... in the pod.

SOON ALL WILL BE POD

drowning in the ever heaving waters of mother Earth's salty tiddy.
    ElvenshaetynicBucketmansarukunkimeDisruptedCapitalistJoolander
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

... in the pod.

Isn't there only 1 stool in the pod?

Kaplar

... in the pod.

It was a Skype interview!

the pod is very comfortable. The pod is a supremely adequate communication venue. Everything is fine.

chrishallett83webguy20LaOsFishman3clipseDrake ChambersrhylithPerrsunTynnanGnome-InterruptusLabelDarkPrimusElvenshaeDarth WaiterCommander ZoomDisruptedCapitalistPinfeldorfschussLiiyaTofystedethMulysaSemproniusMoridin889Goose!BucketmanKaplarJedocSnicketysnickSlacker71KetBraJaysonFourL Ron HowardsarukunKwoaruKetarkimeCalicaFrylockHolmesJoolanderSorceASimPersonProlegomenaSporkAndrewNightDragonstopgapDrZiplockRoyceSraphimIloveslimesdiscriderpookaTonkkaCimmeriigodmodeSkeithfurlion
  • JuggernutJuggernut South CurrrrlinaRegistered User regular
    So I just submitted a job... inquiry? Application request? Something or other with a referral for Boeing in North Charleston. Not an actual resume yet just clicked some questions.

I dunno. I think it would be a big pay cut but if I could figure out how to swing it I'd more or less be living on the coast and working 8 hour shifts instead of 12's. Most likely back shift or something but honestly at this point, I think anything is better than 12 hour swing shifts. I want to die! All the time!

I guess we'll see. Apparently if I meet the qualifications (which, I should) somebody from HR should be contacting me and I suppose I can suss out whether this is something I want to do. I really want to relocate to that area and this could at least be a stepping stone to getting down there permanently.

Can't wait to just let a climate change induced super hurricane wreck my shit. Straight launch me through a brick wall at mach 4.

tynicGnome-InterruptusLabelBucketmanmightyjongyoSlacker71L Ron HowardsarukunNightDragonRoyceSraphim
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular

... in the pod.

the pod is very comfortable. The pod is a supremely adequate communication venue. Everything is fine.

Is this Tynic or the pod talking now?

3ds friend code: 2036 9837 9754 Switch: 3661 4488 2896
    PSN/XBL id: Moriveth Steam: L4Mori
    chrishallett83ElvenshaeBucketmanKaplarL Ron Howardsarukungodmode
    tynic is the pod

tynicchrishallett83TynnanMorivethLabelElvenshaeDarth WaiterDisruptedCapitalistLiiyaTofystedethMoridin889Goose!BucketmanSlacker71JaysonFourL Ron Howardsarukunwebguy20JoolanderSorceNightDragonstopgapCimmeriigodmodeSkeith
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

... in the pod.

IRRELEVANT DISTINCTION

drowning in the ever heaving waters of mother Earth's salty tiddy.
    tynicchrishallett83TynnanGnome-InterruptusLabelElvenshaeDisruptedCapitalistPinfeldorfschussTofystedethMoridin889Goose!BucketmanKaplarSlacker71JaysonFourL Ron Howardsarukunwebguy20JoolanderSorceNightDragondiscriderSkeith
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular

... in the pod.

The pod is great. All hail the pod! Submit to its will!

mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

wrath God fear traitor evil
    chrishallett83LabelElvenshae3clipseGoose!BucketmanL Ron HowardsarukunJoolander
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat bad, but in a useful way Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

... in the pod.

IRRELEVANT DISTINCTION

is this what everyone else felt like during the labyrinth guy episode?

I don't like it

ipb9shu990mz.jpg

Commander Zoom

... in the pod.

Oh ok.

Let's all pretend that I didn't actually think you and an interviewer both squeezed into the pod together. That would be a dumb thing to think. Ha ha.

tynicDrake Chamberschrishallett83Gnome-InterruptusDarkPrimusElvenshaeDisruptedCapitalistJansonTofystedeth3clipseGoose!CarpyBucketmanmightyjongyoOghulkJedocSlacker71KaplarL Ron HowardsarukunGvzbgulKwoaruKetarkimeJoolanderSorceProlegomenaSporkAndrewmilskistopgapRoyceSraphimIloveslimesCimmeriigodmodeSkeith
    There were five interviewers on the panel, so it would have been an extremely intimate get-together.
    Honestly it still felt a little crowded even though they were two states away.

chrishallett83BucketmanmightyjongyosarukunJoolanderRoyceSraphim
  • JuggernutJuggernut South CurrrrlinaRegistered User regular
    The Pod provideth.

You will not want in the Pod.

tynicElvenshaeBobbleDisruptedCapitalistchrishallett83Tofystedeth3clipseGoose!BucketmanKaplarL Ron Howard
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Kneel before Pod.

Commander ZoomDisruptedCapitalistElvenshaechromdomchrishallett83Tofystedeth3clipseGoose!BucketmanOghulkSnicketysnickToxtynicDarkPrimusL Ron Howardsarukunkimewebguy20JoolanderTonkka
This discussion has been closed.