join us in glorious pod-hood [jobs]

194969899100

Posts

  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Van Halen III is, like, very, very 90s.

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    We're halfway through season 3 of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

    God Ross you are the literal fucking worst.

    NEW ORDERING:
    Chandler, Joey, Rachel
    Phoebe
    Monica
    Ross

    e: this was supposed to be the love thread but whatever

    Ah yes, the "this isn't [chat]!" of SE++

    3clipse
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow is a US Federal Holiday so I should be off. Instead work is having a big party thing. Its kind of cool, but if you don't want to go you have to use PTO or just not get paid. Its only 5 hours and you get paid for 8 if you do go. They also give out bonus checks (I don't get one because I started 2.5 weeks after the cut off), and they feed us and theres games and cash prizes, but man I could be at home in bed.

  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Van Halen III is, like, very, very 90s.

    is bad

  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Tomorrow is a US Federal Holiday so I should be off. Instead work is having a big party thing. Its kind of cool, but if you don't want to go you have to use PTO or just not get paid. Its only 5 hours and you get paid for 8 if you do go. They also give out bonus checks (I don't get one because I started 2.5 weeks after the cut off), and they feed us and theres games and cash prizes, but man I could be at home in bed.

    That’s dumb

    poo
    BucketmanMoridin889JansonCalicathatassemblyguyTynnanShortyDisruptedCapitalistDrake ChamberssarukunSorceMojo_Jojomightyjongyochrishallett83iTunesIsEvilThe Escape GoatLegacySlacker71L Ron HowardbalerbowerkimeKayne Red RobeKaplarSkeith
  • ElaroElaro Mister No Fun AllowedRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Tomorrow is a US Federal Holiday so I should be off. Instead work is having a big party thing. Its kind of cool, but if you don't want to go you have to use PTO or just not get paid. Its only 5 hours and you get paid for 8 if you do go. They also give out bonus checks (I don't get one because I started 2.5 weeks after the cut off), and they feed us and theres games and cash prizes, but man I could be at home in bed.

    Forcing you to come to work on a holiday? I believe they're...

    My ongoing quest to ask Larlar if he's a good source of Malarlarkey: ONGOING
    ShadowfireBrainleech3clipseVegemyteOghulkchrishallett83Slacker71Skeith
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Snowbear wrote: »
    Has anyone tried using Cliftonstengths/Strengthsfinder? Got recommended it by some other people I work with. But is seems a lot like Meyers Briggs and other personality tests and those have come under some scrutiny lately as to their efficacy

    We did it at work recently. I found it more useful than Myers-Briggs or True Colors, which are the other personality tests I've taken. It seems geared specifically toward how you approach work, rather than trying to capture your personality in all facets of your life, which makes it read a lot less like a horoscope. It's harder to read someone else's strength that you scored low on and think "yeah, I could see that in me." If other people at work are recommending it to you, it can be a valuable shorthand for quickly communicating how various members of a team are likely to tackle the topic at hand, and who might be best suited for various tasks.
    ...

    Yeah, BBY HQ used to be super all about StrengthsFinder a few years ago. Some departments really took it to heart, though the department I started with basically said “take this quiz and put your results in your email signature. The end.”

    The most recent thing that has been going around here has been Enneagram; a 9-pointed Star where certain points link to others. Where Strengths Finder felt more “here’s what you are” Enneagram feels more “here’s what you actually are, and here’s what people think you are.”

    But to highlight a point in Jedoc’s post: sharing with coworkers and actually thinking about how to use their strengths is a big part that can easily get skipped, to everybody’s detriment. People can tend to focus on the personality test, and not enough thought is put into the “Send the Woo to meet the new client” part.

    That wasn't just at BBY HQ. My wife did it while in store years ago and I think she was working mobile, then again in a leadership acceleration program. I did it just for fun after the company dropped it, I think I still have my results in my signature on the geek squad forums.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Half of Presidents’ Day is dedicated to celebrating a slave owner

    I voluntarily work it every year cause fuck that

    (But really I like the slow day and I add extra days off at other points in the year to get the time back...)

    Captain Inertia on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Half of Presidents’ Day is dedicated to celebrating a slave owner

    I voluntarily work it every year cause fuck that

    (But really I like the slow day and I add extra days off at other points in the year to get the time back...)

    In California we have Presidents' Day off as a state worker holiday, but we did choose to forgo Columbus Day in exchange for two floating holidays so there's that

    Bucketman
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I have never worked anywhere that closed for Presidents Day, or otherwise made it a work holiday of any kind.

    SorceTcheldorschussmcpTofystedethPeccaviLegacy
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    It's one of our paid holidays. So double time and a half again tomorrow.

    hCpR4ri.jpg
    Steam: weavermatic xbox: weavermatico
    LegacyBucketman
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I get a good excuse to be late tomorrow because the commuter rail is on a Saturday schedule and i'm not making an earlier train than i normally do.

  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    I get a good excuse to be late tomorrow because the commuter rail is on a Saturday schedule and i'm not making an earlier train than i normally do.

    We're getting snow, too, and the company currently running the Commuter Rail lose their fucking minds when it snows.

    I can't wait for their contract to be up at the end of this year.

  • FishmanFishman The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia!" HAHAHAHAHAHAH-Registered User regular
    Did that personality test
    zgvv5fe.jpg

    Hmmm... one of these things is not like the others, but it turns out I'm not worried about it.


    Still, what's going on with that Extrovert score, that seems out of step with my expectation..

    3Bq06PZ.jpg

    Oh, I still don't like people, I'm just the fucking wind-up tik tok Army of Oz when it comes to activity.

    So yeah, poor with people, never feel bad, boundless energy... I'm not seeing much compelling evidence that I'm not a robot, here. Or possibly a sociopath.

    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    chrishallett83sarukunElvenshaeLegacykimeBucketman
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I got 28 out of 100 for Agreeableness.

    I disagree.

    chrishallett83sarukunTheStigLegacyHeadCreepsNaphtalikimeBucketman
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Dumping my results to that test, because I found them amusing:
    Huge though, because phone :(
    pobabakoobex.png
    d6o0d3q4crz3.png
    b0q5z9klxs0j.png
    3yczynd0637l.png
    c59wja6ylgep.png
    811ixxnfrpsv.png

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    Bucketman
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Someone started minigolfing in the middle of our office.

    sarukunchromdomElvenshaeRear Admiral ChocoSlacker71thatassemblyguyRoyceSraphimBucketmanIloveslimes
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Someone started minigolfing in the middle of our office.

    Assume the role of an obstacle

    Captain InertiaMoridin889NightDragonJedocThe Escape GoatsarukunShadowfire3clipsechromdomdiscriderTofystedethchrishallett83JoolanderStiltsElvenshaeRear Admiral ChocoSlacker71thatassemblyguykimeRoyceSraphimBucketmanKaplarIloveslimesSkeith
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Well still not heard back from that job inquiry and it's going on a week now if you count the weekend which, I guess you shouldn't. So five days. Anyway.

    I don't know how long these things usually take but I'm getting a little antsy. Hopefully I'll hear something one way or the other this week and they don't just leave me hanging.

  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Someone started minigolfing in the middle of our office.

    Assume the role of an obstacle

    How quickly can you swallow and ...ahem...pass a golf ball?

  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Smartcop/smartcad has done an update

    It has taken me over an hour to convince the mapping system to show roads.

    Roads

    On a GODDAMNED MAP.

    Fuck everything

    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    ElvenshaeKayne Red RobeBucketmanKaplar
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Fuck, there's a lot of kids on this train

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Openness to experience
    92 out of 100
    Agreeableness
    29 out of 100
    Conscientiousness
    21 out of 100
    Negative emotionality
    79 out of 100
    Extraversion
    71 out of 100

    I like meeting new people, and experiencing new things, but my expectations for them are exceedingly low.

    Commander ZoomBucketman
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Also the bosses are going to present the remodelling plans for the office this week and I'm sure that everyone losing more than half a m² of desk space to make room for up to 20% more workplaces will go down smooth and will not overshadow all the other ideas.

    Kayne Red Robe
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Guys I took the test and got a 100 in everything because I'm perfect. Just like my 1600 SAT scores!

    And no I don't have proof why would you ask that

  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Someone started minigolfing in the middle of our office.

    Assume the role of an obstacle

    I believe the preferred nomenclature is “hazard”.

    Commander Zoom
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    You can only be a hazard if you ARE a duke or your name is Duke.

  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Guys I took the test and got a 100 in everything because I'm perfect. Just like my 1600 SAT scores!

    And no I don't have proof why would you ask that

    Don't you also have 100 on this trustworthiness test? I guess I don't need any proof then.

    chromdomNightDragon
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat but not a real green dress, that's cruel Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    You can only be a hazard if you ARE a duke or your name is Duke.

    Or are Belgian, apparently.

    tony danza cuts in line
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Guys I took the test and got a 100 in everything because I'm perfect. Just like my 1600 SAT scores!

    And no I don't have proof why would you ask that

    Don't you also have 100 on this trustworthiness test? I guess I don't need any proof then.

    Well of course, that goes without saying.

    Commander Zoom
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I'm off work today

    Sat watching youtube with a mug of soup

    Happy times

    3clipseThe Escape Goatsarukun
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I legit thought that said "mug of soap" and was very confused.

    steam_sig.png
    Legacy
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    I legit thought that said "mug of soap" and was very confused.

    Clean eating is all the rage.

    Captain InertiachromdomPerrsunN1tSt4lkerElvenshaeLiiyaSlacker71SorceLegacyNightDragonsarukunkimeVegemyteSporkAndrewmilskiKayne Red RobeBucketman
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Still sick but I am now ensconced in my Cocoon of Warmth that is essentially my massive fleece blanket

    Wassermelone
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I'm off work today

    Sat watching youtube with a mug of soup

    Happy times

    What flavour is your soup?

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I'm off work today

    Sat watching youtube with a mug of soup

    Happy times

    What flavour is your soup?

    Tomato and herbz

    It's good. Well it was. It's gone now.

    LiiyaBucketman
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Nice. Classic.

    I bought myself a tub of carrot, butternut, and ginger soup for lunch tomorrow. Soup is good.

    Moridin889TofystedethLiiyachromdomEchoNightDragonBucketman
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Food but in hot liquid form is the best of all worlds.

    steam_sig.png
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I got to visit one of our construction sites today which was really interesting!

    Shockingly there were no other women. What a shock. Didn't see that coming.

    It was still v interesting though.

    honovereTynnanJansonchrishallett83
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    A curse on people who come into work sick

    Told a guy last week he needed to go home because he was coughing up a storm

    Who is coughing up a storm today? Its meee

    see317NightDragon
This discussion has been closed.