Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome Games Done Quick 2019: NEW RECORD

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    hell yeah time for babby link to michael phelps this mo'fucka

STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh good it's pausa time again

BahamutZERO.gif
    pausa

STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
    Crippl3
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    P A U S A

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    Crippl3
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Is there a speedrun related reason why the game is in spanish? Is there less text or something?

• Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Is there a speedrun related reason why the game is in spanish? Is there less text or something?

Isn’t it in Italian?

Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/

Isn’t it in Italian?

italian and it's the fastest text

STEAM
    Skayel wrote:

ASimPersonkime
  • KetBraKetBra FISTS OF JUSTICE! Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Celeste's attitude towards difficulty and death are kind of a 180 on super meat boy, and other difficult platformers in general?

How so? From what I saw it seemed to be 'intentionally extremely difficult, with deaths and checkpoints designed not to be punishing' which has been the platforming scene for like, a decade?

Mechanically, it's less different, but the way the game presents difficulty and adversity I feel it is?

There's less of an attitude of 'this shit's hard isn't this x-tremeeee' and more one of 'hey it's cool if you're finding this hard, it is pretty hard, isn't it? Yeah well if you want to take a break that's cool or whatever have fun!'

I don't think that particularly comes across in a speedrun, and may be an unfair characterization in some ways (of other games) but that's my general feeling

ohKiGmg.png
    Steam Bnet:KetBra#1692 Yo Satan
    cB557Frem
    I think it might be Portugese
    whichever language it is it's because it's got the fastest textboxes.

BahamutZERO.gif
    I think it might be Portugese
    whichever language it is it's because it's got the fastest textboxes.

it's italian

STEAM
    Skayel wrote:

• HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Wind Waker is one of the big hype games so... I dunno guys, do you think we can hit 1 million during it tonight? Hit the one million mark very-early Friday and set a new record?

Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
    Yes, probably some lost, dead language that no one important can recognize. The world may never know.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Yes, probably some lost, dead language that no one important can recognize. The world may never know.

BONJOUR

STEAM
    Skayel wrote:

ASimPersonHeadCreepsfurlionCrippl3VegemyteReynoldsYaYa
    PiptheFair wrote: »

BONJOUR

Crazy gibberish!

BahamutZERO.gif
    ASimPersonReynolds
    PiptheFair wrote: »

BONJOUR

Crazy gibberish!
    ISOLDA DEL DRAGO

American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
    spliiish

BahamutZERO.gif
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps BURN IN THE INSTAFIRE! LIKES ARE WHAT I DESIRE!Registered User regular
    This item slide/backwards swimming shit is magic

gLA6gMw.png?1
    PolaritieTcheldorkime
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    This item slide/backwards swimming shit is magic

I wonder if it's some kind of engine thing, because it's incredibly similar to the bomb slide that's in OoT/MM

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Registered User regular
    Sploosh...

edited January 11
    Wind Waker's engine is a descendant of the one used in Ocarina and Majora, yeah
    Twilight Princess' is as well, but I'm not sure about Skyward Sword's or Breath of the Wild's engines.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    That last pattern in the mini-game was fucking WEIRD, I've never seen that before!

HeadCreeps
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    wind waker run in a nutshell

kimeZilla360Beasteh
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    this run rules I just wish it was 2 hours shorter

Windwaker is my favorite zelda game

I enjoy long ass wind waker runs a lot for some reason

BahamutZERO.gif
    kime
    Oh no, someone let Patty take the announcer chair, god help us all!
    this is great

• The Cow KingThe Cow King Walls of Jakiro Registered User regular
    I enjoy long ass wind waker runs a lot for some reason

It helps that the game is gorgeous and probably just as good if not better then oot still to this day

icGJy2C.png
    I enjoy long ass ocarina runs too and I remember ocarina more fondly, but something about wind waker speedruns just makes it relaxing and fun to have on in the background

BahamutZERO.gif
    I enjoy long ass ocarina runs too and I remember ocarina more fondly, but something about wind waker speedruns just makes it relaxing and fun to have on in the background
    Ocarina I have a hard time paying attention to when it comes to speedruns. Wind Waker has my attention though.

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps BURN IN THE INSTAFIRE! LIKES ARE WHAT I DESIRE!Registered User regular
    This has been a really great run

gLA6gMw.png?1
    This is gonna go over estimate, there's no way he's gonna do Ganon and get 4 hearts, etc, in 30 minutes.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Is Orb new for this year? i feel like I don't remember it.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

ORB is an older Super Mario World meme that got picked up by the crowd during this year's Semblance run, since all you do in that game is collect orbs

rSjqbNT.jpg?1
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

ORB is an older Super Mario World meme that got picked up by the crowd during this year's Semblance run, since all you do in that game is collect orbs

wherein Kupi swoops in and provides further context without prompting

In Super Mario World, there's a level just before the final world in which you have to swim through a sunken ship; it is essentially the underwater version of a Ghost House level. At the end of this level, you drop out of a pipe into a long "well", for want of a better term, and have to dodge large spike-balls that fall along with you at various speeds. At the bottom of this well is a green sphere with a question mark on it; touching it ends the stage. This is the only stage exit that works this way in Super Mario World; every other level either ends with breaking the goal tape or defeating a boss character. Because it's a unique exit mechanism and also a late-game non-sequitur, it's one of the more memorable features of Super Mario World, and thus it become customary among speedrunners to say "orb" after collecting it. People who play SMW hacks carried this tradition on to any level ending in an orb, and thanks to the GDQ crowd apparently one must say it on contact with any spherical object.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    Stilts
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »

wherein Kupi swoops in and provides further context without prompting

In Super Mario World, there's a level just before the final world in which you have to swim through a sunken ship; it is essentially the underwater version of a Ghost House level. At the end of this level, you drop out of a pipe into a long "well", for want of a better term, and have to dodge large spike-balls that fall along with you at various speeds. At the bottom of this well is a green sphere with a question mark on it; touching it ends the stage. This is the only stage exit that works this way in Super Mario World; every other level either ends with breaking the goal tape or defeating a boss character. Because it's a unique exit mechanism and also a late-game non-sequitur, it's one of the more memorable features of Super Mario World, and thus it become customary among speedrunners to say "orb" after collecting it. People who play SMW hacks carried this tradition on to any level ending in an orb, and thanks to the GDQ crowd apparently one must say it on contact with any spherical object.

Not quite any, they haven't clicked on the world is round yet... have they?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    It came up while orbiting planets in Ratchet and Clank.

OGueI9Q.gif
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know Texas booniesRegistered User regular
    BOY did it come up during Celeste

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (GHOST), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I spent so many years playing diablo II and various mods

I find countess rune farming soothing to watch

fRAWRstThe Cow King
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    It was also a thing in Halfcoordinated's run of Semblance.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    It was also a thing in Halfcoordinated's run of Semblance.

and PJ's run of Mohawk and Headphone Jack. I don't know which came first, but it was in full force then.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    edited January 11
    What skill build strategy are they using for Diablo 2? I'm only now tuning in.

Edit - Meaning, I'm sure they explained it at the start of the run but I wasn't able to see it.

Henroid on