As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Awesome Games Done Quick 2024: IT’S OVER

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Getting the death cam trick in DS3 on 2nd attempt (and no deaths) is REALLY good. Last time it was run there were a lot of failures before it worked out.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Give me that Soulsborne fighting game so I can main Friede

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    This Zeus dude has a ton of charisma, damn.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    He did all bosses last GDQ

he is by far the most entertaining runner

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I was just coming in here to comment that this guy is great. Definitely going to look up more of his stuff, especially since I love bloodborne.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a8bc-V6seo

enjoy, he got perfect rng except for the nurse

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    lemme get uhhhhhh

orb

• Options
    So there's arguments happening now RE: audience behavior at GDQ.

Here's the bottom line; GDQ happens two times a year. That's two times a year for people to get together and get amped up together. The games are exciting, things that happen are exciting. So what do crowds do? They cheer, they chant. Saying it's wrong for them to do so is fucking stupid. "I can't hear the commentary!" It's not about the commentary. The commentary exists to fill what would otherwise be dead air. There should always be someone talking - with the exception of requested quiet time for focus or to hear an audio cue. And the crowd respects that. It'd be like going to a stadium to see a game (pick your sport, any sport) and telling people to stop cheering and shit because you want to hear the in-stadium announcer only.

If you want the blow by blow on a speedrun, watch the player's stream or one of the many broadcast races throughout the entire year.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    what, are people complaining about audience memes? I don't get that, they never were so loud that it drowned out commentary while I was listening.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I think there's an intellectually viable difference between audience enthusiasm and a running gag getting run into the ground, which is more what the "WAH", "ORB", and "MOON" chants start to look like after a while. I don't think it's worth a blanket ban on audience shouts, but I have to admit that the crowd is not capable of correctly judging when a joke's transitioned past "it's funny because we've gone past the point it was funny" and into "please stop", particularly because everyone's individual perception of that point has a different threshold.

EDIT: Addendum: in the same way that posts on Reddit/Twitter complaining that such-and-such a character in whatever game is totally imbalanced and sucks the fun out of the game should be taken only to represent specifically the feelings of people who are unhappy with the game (because the people who are happy with the game are playing the game, not posting on Reddit), posts on Reddit/Twitter complaining about the MOON chants represent only the opinions of people who are so unhappy that they've stopped watching and gone off to post on Reddit/Twitter-- because the people who aren't that bothered are still watching.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    ....I still like the Orb chants and such

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    ....I still like the Orb chants and such

Yeah I’m firmly on the side of it doesn’t get old for me.

• Options
    we will waaaah until nintendo sees justice done and puts waluigi in smash

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    This has been incredibly enjoyable, and the chants can barely be heard.

*He says, as an Orb chant comes out*

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Kupi wrote: »
    I think there's an intellectually viable difference between audience enthusiasm and a running gag getting run into the ground, which is more what the "WAH", "ORB", and "MOON" chants start to look like after a while. I don't think it's worth a blanket ban on audience shouts, but I have to admit that the crowd is not capable of correctly judging when a joke's transitioned past "it's funny because we've gone past the point it was funny" and into "please stop", particularly because everyone's individual perception of that point has a different threshold.

EDIT: Addendum: in the same way that posts on Reddit/Twitter complaining that such-and-such a character in whatever game is totally imbalanced and sucks the fun out of the game should be taken only to represent specifically the feelings of people who are unhappy with the game (because the people who are happy with the game are playing the game, not posting on Reddit), posts on Reddit/Twitter complaining about the MOON chants represent only the opinions of people who are so unhappy that they've stopped watching and gone off to post on Reddit/Twitter-- because the people who aren't that bothered are still watching.
    On the bolded, the problem there is that the audience is full of people who come in and out of the room. Some people won't be present for one game's "ORB" but will be for the next.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I'm still mad that dog has a hat

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    oh man that was a ridiculous sub train just now

e: IT'S STILL GOING

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Yeah, this is pretty classic (as of, like, two GDQs ago).

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I just threw in some more too just to ride this train. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    they're totally gonna break 2 mil off of this

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Damn, just $50,000 from $2 million.

That's nuts.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Damn, just $50,000 from $2 million.

That's nuts.

It's like.... $100k in the last 15 minutes now. O_O

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    20k to go to 2m

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    They're still ahead of last year's pace, although last year was 3 hours longer than current estimate puts us

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Goddamn

The counter hasn't stopped in 10 minutes

• Options
    10k to go...

• Options
    2 Million hit.

• Options
    2 MIL HYYYYYYPE

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    that's a lot of money

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    only a 81k to kill vs. 91k to save the animals now with the super metroid run about to start

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    hey so does anyone speak Japanese

A_hun_640x640.jpg?v=1546407723

This is the Yetee GDQ Super Metroid shirt, what does it say?

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I like the chants better when they're spontaneous rather than someone on the couch pointing them out.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    hey so does anyone speak Japanese

A_hun_640x640.jpg?v=1546407723

This is the Yetee GDQ Super Metroid shirt, what does it say?

"Hiya!"

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    It just says "bogooonn" which is either the sound of Ridley bursting up in the background, or just him yelling

• Options
    yeah it says 'ボゴオンン' which, only referred back to that shirt when i tried googling it

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I hate everyone who donates to kill the animals.

• Options
    I hate every year there is no option for taunting the animals.
    Stopping in their room for a moment just to wave good-bye before you leave them on the planet before it explodes.

• Options
    just squeaked past the SGDQ '18 record

uc3ufTB.png