Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Dwarf Fortress pixelart

2»

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    wonder if you could get away with swirly eyes in such a small space, I think that would read better for "madness", especially since there doesn't seem to be "confusion". It would separate it from "distracted"

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    That's a great idea! Can you tell me if these, ah, register as spirals?

mzRTjuQ.png

acadiabowenIrukaDisruptedCapitalistEndless_SerpentsMegaMekRhesus Positive
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, that looks great!

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I’m a big fan of those!

I think if you added occasional colour flashes to the word bubbles you’d have a secondary means of seeing what’s going down.

So Melancholy might fade from white to blue slowly, while Berserk would flash red quickly. You could also colour all the Fey Moods differently if you want players to know what they’re getting, or not.

Hope everything is going well with you!

edited July 7
    Yep, I'm definitely gonna try adding more colours on the moods, though it's difficult to come up with a relevant colour for many of those.
    I got stuck trying to work on trees as they're very frustrating to work with in DF. Here's some sketches from that:
    I3oFu7c.png
    ScfJK00.png

And now a few animals to relax:
    a tortoise and two attempts at a gibbon (using my favourite, pileated)
    animals.png
    +bear
    bear.png

Mayday on
    IrukaDisruptedCapitalistMegaMekbowenAim
    edited August 17
    After a long break for holidays and life stuff, I'm resuming work.
    dfd_resume.png
    I was super happy with the lion and shark... so to balance it out I started working on the DF-original creatures, starting with the Draltha. Looks like I'm gonna have to spend some more time actually learning concept-art techinques >_<

Mayday on
    MegaMek