Dwarf Fortress pixelart

2»

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    wonder if you could get away with swirly eyes in such a small space, I think that would read better for "madness", especially since there doesn't seem to be "confusion". It would separate it from "distracted"

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    That's a great idea! Can you tell me if these, ah, register as spirals?

mzRTjuQ.png

acadiabowenIrukaDisruptedCapitalistEndless_SerpentsMegaMekRhesus Positive
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, that looks great!

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I’m a big fan of those!

I think if you added occasional colour flashes to the word bubbles you’d have a secondary means of seeing what’s going down.

So Melancholy might fade from white to blue slowly, while Berserk would flash red quickly. You could also colour all the Fey Moods differently if you want players to know what they’re getting, or not.

Hope everything is going well with you!

edited July 2019
    Yep, I'm definitely gonna try adding more colours on the moods, though it's difficult to come up with a relevant colour for many of those.
    I got stuck trying to work on trees as they're very frustrating to work with in DF. Here's some sketches from that:
    I3oFu7c.png
    ScfJK00.png

And now a few animals to relax:
    a tortoise and two attempts at a gibbon (using my favourite, pileated)
    animals.png
    +bear
    bear.png

Mayday on
    IrukaDisruptedCapitalistMegaMekbowenAim
    edited August 2019
    After a long break for holidays and life stuff, I'm resuming work.
    dfd_resume.png
    I was super happy with the lion and shark... so to balance it out I started working on the DF-original creatures, starting with the Draltha. Looks like I'm gonna have to spend some more time actually learning concept-art techinques >_<

Mayday on
    MegaMekbowenDisruptedCapitalistPeas
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    It’s been many a moon, have you completed your time with Dwarf Fortress? What are you working on now?

edited February 18
    I actually haven't finished it yet. The sad thing is I joined the project expecting a repeat of my first experience with DF, when I was frantically working on making a complete set while playing. Turns out having absolutely no way to check my work in-game (because Tarn hasn't started the development on the graphical upgrades yet) killed most of my motivation.
    But now that the Villains arc is released and we're starting the actual development in less than a month, I'm getting back into it, making a couple of icons a day.
    manera-yeti.pnglobster-satyr.pngreacher.pngrutherer.pngcreatures_1119.pngcivs_1022.pnggreen_1020.pngcreatures1014.pngcs_draltha.pngcreatures1007.png

Mayday on
    DidgeridooIrukaMegaMekdanxAimDoodmannViktor WaltersacadiaPeas
    edited February 17
    I mean, if you guys want I can even post these daily, but it's just a couple of icons so I'll probably stick to once per week.
    0217creatures.png
    Molemarian (a molerat-man / molerat centaur), voracious cave crawler, troglodyte, strangler (a three-eyed, four-armed black ape).

Mayday on
    Viktor WaltersacadiaPeasIruka
    edited February 25
    Alright, here's the latest batch, including some minor variations and corrections of previous stuff:

0225creatures.png
    0224creatures.png
    0221creatures.png
    0220creatures.png
    0218creatures.png

Mayday on
    acadiaDidgeridooDisruptedCapitalistIrukaPeas