Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Important [chat]stinctions

19495969798100»

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    ALSO. you’re right by my favorite Thai place: Thai X-ing which doesn’t have a menu and you get whatever the chefs feel like making. Also they give you way too much food. But they’ll cater to vegetarian/vegan wishes

Duke 2.0
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man nothing brings out the vitriol like talking about naming schemes. Even if they are set it and forget in 99% of instances.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx Anyone could cure it with blindness There were moments where I thought I could beRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I just tried to explain to "Dave" why he couldn't do the thing with the VPN that he was trying to do and he got really confused.

I had to just stop the conversation to keep from getting excessively and obviously contemptuous

I wish I could get IT to explain why they removed all our one button links and hid access behind a remote terminal connection to ensure it takes way longer to do discreet tasks now.

The problem with that though is nobody would believe whatever answer they gave because they have a history of, essentially, lying.

Now is this actual lying, or the kind of lying involving "well IT said the new computer would never ever have to be rebooted?"

Fake excuses? Like saying a software license is up or cost savings from a server move when it was really all a request from a different part of the company they feel is more important but also better to lie to us about it so we don't feel bad.

I can't say I haven't bullshitted with people before.

Especially ones who swear they want to know the exact details but then the exact details sound like "an excuse."

I've also had people straight up lie about what I said to them when things they wanted didn't go their way.

So I'm kind of sensitive about this. People lie to tech support/IT all the time, day in day out, and then wonder why a solution can't be found.

Make. Time.
    Jubal77
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I just tried to explain to "Dave" why he couldn't do the thing with the VPN that he was trying to do and he got really confused.

I had to just stop the conversation to keep from getting excessively and obviously contemptuous

I wish I could get IT to explain why they removed all our one button links and hid access behind a remote terminal connection to ensure it takes way longer to do discreet tasks now.

The problem with that though is nobody would believe whatever answer they gave because they have a history of, essentially, lying.

Now is this actual lying, or the kind of lying involving "well IT said the new computer would never ever have to be rebooted?"

Fake excuses? Like saying a software license is up or cost savings from a server move when it was really all a request from a different part of the company they feel is more important but also better to lie to us about it so we don't feel bad.

I can't say I haven't bullshitted with people before.

Especially ones who swear they want to know the exact details but then the exact details sound like "an excuse."

I've also had people straight up lie about what I said to them when things they wanted didn't go their way.

So I'm kind of sensitive about this. People lie to tech support/IT all the time, day in day out, and then wonder why a solution can't be found.

Ive had someone say to my face they didnt do anything to their computer and when I got down there they had moved the network plug from one side of the room to the other.

There is your problem dingus.

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 2.7

@Echo will create the new thread
    @jungleroomx is backup

This discussion has been closed.