As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Dragon Ball] Thread's Limit is MAXIMUM!

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Just watched the latest DBS dub and man they are still going at such a pace. Insane to think they'll have to slow down enough to make this last for like 30 episodes more.

ONLY 5 MORE MINUTES UNTIL NAMEK EXPLODES THE TOURNAMENT OF POWER ENDS

I love that the match timer for DBFZ is 300 seconds.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Just watched the latest DBS dub and man they are still going at such a pace. Insane to think they'll have to slow down enough to make this last for like 30 episodes more.

This is a little different as most if the fights happen at the same time and it seems like they wanted everyone to have some screen time

Except Krillin.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed Super, that was a pretty good revival and a lot of the new characters were really good (Beerus, Whis, Champa, Hit, Caulifla, Kale, etc.) and they gave some old characters some good time to shine.

My three biggest complaints are:

1. Videl went home and became a family woman. I know she's just human, but that doesn't mean she has to become this shy, quiet, stay-at-home mom. She's Mr. Satan's daughter, and her Z incarnation was much better. Besides, she learned to fly quicker than pretty much any other human in the series, so I don't see why they couldn't continue her training. I guess they figured that 18 already had the "tough mom that can kick your ass" niche on lock and wanted to take Videl a different route?
    2. I know Mai looks like a kid, but the show can't seem to remember that she's actually like 50 or 60 years old.

(Last one has Tournament of Power spoilers)
    Buu slept through the Tournament of Power. If you really wanted to bring back Frieza for that, then just raise the cap on fighters by one so Buu can participate as well. Heck, raise it by two so Future Trunks can be there too.

Granted, Buu is OP as fuck but it'd be nice to see him actually cut loose instead of just teasing it all the time or giving just one tiny taste. He could still be knocked out of the arena if you hit him hard enough, or you could have him accidentally kill someone and get disqualified.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    New chapter
    Beerus is such an asshole

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    New Manga Chapter:
    Boy the Namekians just can't catch a break, huh? Their champion got JOBBED

Also, was Namekians not needing food and just drinking water a thing before? I thought it was something DBZA made up.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    New Manga Chapter:
    Also, was Namekians not needing food and just drinking water a thing before? I thought it was something DBZA made up.
    I could swear it was established in one of the movies?

But I definitely remember it being mentioned in the series.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I will never stop yelling that Videl should've become Goku's training buddy who ends up getting to be at least B-tier just by constantly working to catch up to Goku

The main emotional beat between Goku and Gohan should've been tension about Videl being a lot more like the kid Goku actually wanted than Gohan ever was

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    That would've been amazing

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I will never stop yelling that Videl should've become Goku's training buddy who ends up getting to be at least B-tier just by constantly working to catch up to Goku

The main emotional beat between Goku and Gohan should've been tension about Videl being a lot more like the kid Goku actually wanted than Gohan ever was

for how smart the series generally is about character development, it puts it into even starker relief how dirty they do characters like Videl and to a lesser extent 18 and Chi-Chi

I think the only character the series hasn't COMPLETELY punched themselves in their own face with is Bulma, who still actually gets to do shit

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Chi-chi should have stayed one of the mainstays of the entire cast forever

It would have made perfect sense for her to keep training with Goku just for the sake of being able to keep up with her criminally negligent husband and her superpowered children

Chi-chi throwing hands should have been the sign that shit had hit the breaking point in more than one arc, and that she's relegated to the shrewish, nagging housewife pulling Goku out of his ridiculous punch adventures is awful

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

It would have made perfect sense for her to keep training with Goku just for the sake of being able to keep up with her criminally negligent husband and her superpowered children

Chi-chi throwing hands should have been the sign that shit had hit the breaking point in more than one arc, and that she's relegated to the shrewish, nagging housewife pulling Goku out of his ridiculous punch adventures is awful

Chi Chi is awful and Toriyama should feel bad about her, but Videl started off so much cooler than Chi Chi at her best

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Even is Z I hated that all she seemed to do was try to stop the characters from participating in the story. It never made sense in the fiction or outside of it. Several times there are world-ending threats that need to be defeated. Who cares if Gohan finished his algebra homework? But I feel like Dragonball has the opposite problem of like Spider-man being married. Marvel decided that being in a stable long-term relationship was boring and broke it up to establish a different status quo. DBZ instead kept a bad marriage together forever and has both husband and wife be absolutely terrible.

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

....FUCK

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Goku doesn't expect anything from his kids. His problem in Cell was he wanted a challenge and didnt realize Gohan wasnt like him.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Wyborn wrote: »

Chi Chi is awful and Toriyama should feel bad about her, but Videl started off so much cooler than Chi Chi at her best

Videl is fun punch girl, I will not deny, but I don't mean to directly compare them.

Chichi had room to grow! She's married to Goku! What does that do to a person? We never actually see her deal with any of the particular pressures she feels in their relationship! We never even really see how she deals with the relative frequency of his death, and then his eventual returns!

God there's so much about that whole family that could have made for some really interesting stories

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Goku doesn't expect anything from his kids. His problem in Cell was he wanted a challenge and didnt realize Gohan wasnt like him.
    Goku was absolutely disappointed Gohan slacked off on his training post Z and has similar thoughts on Goten during the epilogue episodes of Z

He hasn't crossed the line into full on overbearing little league coach dad territory but he 100% hopes his kids will be fighters who love fighting and training more than anything just like him and is disappointed they aren't

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Piccolo went on a diet since Raditz. He ate stuff before.

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »

....FUCK

And when you charge ki, the timer stops.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    everyone is disappointed in post z gohan, even post z gohan

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    And Goten is just dissapointed in his entire family

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »

....FUCK

And when you charge ki, the timer stops.

No come on. That's not true. It can't be.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I continue to greatly enjoy the new Super manga villain.
    Did I read that right and it's implied that Buu's whole "absorb the strength of other people" may, in turn, be due to having absorbed that ABILITY from the Grand Kai inside of him?

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    crwth wrote: »

Eh. Far as I can tell, Gohan just giving it up is the smart money thing to do. How many times was Gohan hyped just to then get punked? Culminating in the whole Mystic Gohan thing?

After the third time you get your world-saving moment swept from under you to uplift other people, you kinda have to realize whether you fight or not does not, in fact, actually matter. Might as well marry and settle down like Krillin did.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    To be fair Mystic Gohan would have won if he wasn't being a cocky piece of shit and let Gotenks and Piccolo get absorbed

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Eh. Far as I can tell, Gohan just giving it up is the smart money thing to do. How many times was Gohan hyped just to then get punked? Culminating in the whole Mystic Gohan thing?

After the third time you get your world-saving moment swept from under you to uplift other people, you kinda have to realize whether you fight or not does not, in fact, actually matter. Might as well marry and settle down like Krillin did.

I think Mystic Gohan was more or less the first time this happened? His arc before that culminated in him killing Cell,

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019

I think Mystic Gohan was more or less the first time this happened? His arc before that culminated in him killing Cell,

No, he fucked around during that fight to resulting in his dad dying and poor King Kai, Bubbles, and Jeffrey having to go through being exploded. It also allowed Cell to regenerate getting Trunks killed.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Gohan has a weird cocky side that they acknowledge was a problem in Super
    Being a dad seems to have mostly cured him of it

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Goku was absolutely disappointed Gohan slacked off on his training post Z and has similar thoughts on Goten during the epilogue episodes of Z

He hasn't crossed the line into full on overbearing little league coach dad territory but he 100% hopes his kids will be fighters who love fighting and training more than anything just like him and is disappointed they aren't

I still really like the idea that got tossed out in the original dub of Z that Goku wants to die and spend eternity training with otherworld masters, but he can’t because he keeps having to come back and save the world, and no one else will step up because his presence is literally holding people like Gohan back

The idea that he could have defeated Buu with SS3 but didn’t because he needs to know that anyone else could take his place defending the earth is an interesting idea that never gets brought up again

I do love Gohan’s desire to Go Home and Be A Family Man and eschewing his destiny as the ultimate warrior, but at the same time? Come on Gohan

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Saiyan Group
    Raditz Saga - Villain: Raditz | Defeated by: Piccolo
    Vegeta Saga - Villain: Vegeta | Defeated by: Gohan

Frieza Group
    Namek Saga - Villain: Recoome | Defeated by: Goku
    Captain Ginyu Saga - Villain: Ginyu | Defeated by: Frog
    Frieza Saga - Villain: Frieza | Defeated by: Goku

Frieza/Androids Group
    Garlic Jr. Saga - Villain: Garlic | Defeated by: Gohan
    Trunks Saga - Villain: Heart Disease | Defeated by: Trunks

Androids Group
    Androids Saga - Villain: Androids | Defeated by: Nobody
    Imperfect Cell Saga - Villain: Cell | Defeated by: Tien, for a while?
    Perfect Cell Saga - Villain: Cell | Defeated by: Nobody
    Cell Games Saga - Villain: Cell | Defeated by: Gohan

Majin Buu Group
    Other World Saga - Villain: Pikon | Defeated by: Disqualification
    Great Saiyaman Saga - Villain: Gohan's virginity | Defeated by: Videl
    World Tournament Saga - Villain: Spopovich and Yamu | Defeated by: nobody
    Babidi Saga - Villain: Majin Vegeta | Defeated by: Nobody
    Majin Buu Saga - Villain: Majin Buu | Defeated by: Mr. Satan???
    Fusion Saga - Villain: Super Buu | Defeated by: Vegeta, kinda
    Kid Buu Saga - Villain: Kid Buu | Defeated by: Goku

Gods of the Universe Group
    God of Destruction Beerus Saga - Villain: Beerus | Defeated by: Nobody
    Golden Frieza Saga - Villain: Frieza | Defeated by: Goku

Zeno Group
    Universe 6 Saga - Villain: Hit? | Defeated by: Monaka
    Copy-Vegeta Saga - Villain: Duplicate Vegeta | Defeated by: Goku
    "Future" Trunks Saga - Villain: Future Zamazu | Defeated by: Zeno
    Universe Survival Saga - Villain: Jiren | Defeated by: Goku and Frieza

Universe 7 Group
    Broly Saga - Villain: Broly | Defeated by: Gogeta

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Vegeta gets no love there

Vegeta defeated Kui, Dodoria, Zarbon, Guldo, Android 19, and Stage 2 Imperfect Cell!

But I guess he also created Perfect Cell, so that last one seems like a wash

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Vegeta gets no love there

Vegeta defeated Kui, Dodoria, Zarbon, Guldo, Android 19, and Stage 2 Imperfect Cell!

But I guess he also created Perfect Cell, so that last one seems like a wash

He's grown since then though. Post Buu I dont think he'd do that again
    Olivaw wrote: »

I still really like the idea that got tossed out in the original dub of Z that Goku wants to die and spend eternity training with otherworld masters, but he can’t because he keeps having to come back and save the world, and no one else will step up because his presence is literally holding people like Gohan back

The idea that he could have defeated Buu with SS3 but didn’t because he needs to know that anyone else could take his place defending the earth is an interesting idea that never gets brought up again

I do love Gohan’s desire to Go Home and Be A Family Man and eschewing his destiny as the ultimate warrior, but at the same time? Come on Gohan

I think he should be allowed to do that if he wants. There are other heroes. Piccolo said it best he doesnt like to fight. Hes only ever done it for others sake or if there was nobody else
    Should he maybe train when he has free time? Sure. Freeza one shotting him seems to have made him realize that though.

• Options
    Gods of the Universe Group needs an * for Earth because it was technically defeated by Frieza before Whis intervened.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    And Goten is just dissapointed in his entire family

Goten isn't real.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    *japanese legendary super saiyan kale looking at the dbzf roster*

son....goku!
    son....goku!
    son....goku!
    son....goku!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    We can now have a 3v3 team entirely with Gokus

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Ha! He is fighting Trunks.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

No, he fucked around during that fight to resulting in his dad dying and poor King Kai, Bubbles, and Jeffrey having to go through being exploded. It also allowed Cell to regenerate getting Trunks killed.

He still ended up killing cell. That isnt an example of Gohan getting jobbed to up lift a diffrent member of the cast.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    We can now have a 3v3 team entirely with Gokus

it's all i ever wanted

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    *japanese legendary super saiyan kale looking at the dbzf roster*

son....goku!
    son....goku!
    son....goku!
    son....goku!