As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 5: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Activate Lodor, move carrier, fighter, 2 GF in from home system and drop GF. T->1. Present trade deal to Muaat (my 3 commodities for their 2) for final agreement.

@El Skid, @Phyphor

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    approve trade

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    @Ketar I can be your neighborhood after I move on my turn if you want to do a 2:2 trade?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    @A Half Eaten Oreo My commodities are already spoken for. I agreed to trade with El Skid in exchange for the refresh.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: Β»
    @A Half Eaten Oreo My commodities are already spoken for. I agreed to trade with El Skid in exchange for the refresh.

I was editign my post :P, I can do a 3:2 trade with you, that way you're still up 1?

• Options
    Hmm. 3:2 and I'd just pay El Skid the appropriate 1 TG then? Sure, I could do that.

• Options
    *flamey eyebrow is raised*

• Options
    We can still trade as offered earlier. I can trade 2 TG for 1 commodity.

• Options
    Oh right, that still works. I don't really care if you hand me a TG or a commodity as long as mine get exchanged. Carry on!

• Options
    Yeah in this trade The Fiery Embers still end up with their 2:1 trade from Barony and their 1:0 trade from me.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Phyphor wrote: Β»
    Yes, lets trade.

Excellent. 2:2?

2:2 is fine, or we could give you one extra TG in exchange for letting us take Vefut II leaving you free to explore the wormholes and or the capital.

Sorry, but vefut is fairly critical to both landing on MR at all (given the complete lack of influence over here) and reaching 6 planets, we can't abandon it that easily. Let's stick with 2:2

• Options
    Activate home system. Build carrier + 4 fighters. Exhaust 0.0.0

@A Half Eaten Oreo

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Are we trading 2:2 on your turn then?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    Activate Carceri.
    Move in a Destroyer from Creuss.
    Tactic tokens to 3.
    @Ketar 3:2 trade good?

@38thDoe to act

• Options
    Are we trading 2:2 on your turn then?

Yeah I assumed we did the trade just then

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

Play Diplomacy Strategy Card

Primary Ability: Choose 1 system other than Mecatol Rex that contains a planet you control; each other player places a Command token from their reinforcements in the chosen system. Then, ready each exhausted planet you control in that system.

Targeting Zubat system with Primary Ability.

@Phyphor @El Skid @Lykouragh @Ketar @A Half Eaten Oreo for secondary.
    Secondary Ability: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to ready up to 2 exhausted planets.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Use strategy token to ready my only two exhausted planets, New Albion and Starpoint.
    Strategy Tokens to 2.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • Options
    Play. Ready 0.0.0 & lazar

• Options
    Play on diplomacy secondary.

Ready Bereg and Lirta IV

• Options
    Activate Carceri.
    Move in a Destroyer from Creuss.
    Tactic tokens to 3.
    @Ketar 3:2 trade good?

@38thDoe to act

Confirm 3:2 trade

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Play on diplomacy secondary.
    Ready Abyz and Fria.

2/3/1

Ketar on
  • Options
    Ugh I am so out of the running in this game.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Play diplo secondary, readying Retillion and Lodor.

T/F/S->1/3/1 I think?

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ugh I am so out of the running in this game.

That's the spirit!

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Round 1: Action Phase Update 4

The Embers of Muaat: Play the primary ability of the (5) Trade Strategy Card, gaining 3 Trade Goods. (TG 0 --> 3)
    Refresh commodities for all players. (Muaat C 0 --> 4; Yssaril C 0 --> 3, N'orr C 0 --> 3; L1z1x C 0 --> 2; Creuss C 0 --> 4; Letnev C 0 --> 2)
    The Yssaril Tribes: Activate the Lodor system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 1 Fighter, and 2 Infantry from the Yssaril Home System.
    Land 2 Infantry on Lodor.
    Perform transaction, giving 3 Commodities to Muaat in exchange for 2 Commodities. (Yssaril C 3 --> 0, TG 0 --> 2; Muaat C 4 --> 2, TG 3 --> 6)
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Activate the L1z1x Home System. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Exhaust [0.0.0] (5R) to build 1 Carrier (3R) and 4 Fighters (2R) at [0.0.0].
    Perform transaction, giving 2 Commodities to N'orr in exchange for 2 Commodities. (L1z1x C 2 --> 0, TG 0 --> 2; N'orr C 3 --> 1, TG 0 --> 2)
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Activate the empty system "Carceri". (TP 4 --> 3)
    Move in 1 Destroyer from the Creuss Home System.
    Perform transaction, giving 3 Commodities to Letnev in exchange for 2 Commodities. (Creuss C 4 --> 1, TG 0 --> 2; Letnev C 2 --> 0, TG 0 --> 3)
    Sardakk N'orr: Play the primary ability of the (2) Diplomacy Strategy Card, placing a command counter from each other players' reserves into the Mellon-Zohbat system and readying Mellon and Zohbat.
    L1z1x plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), readying [0.0.0] and Lazar.
    Creuss plays on the secondary (SP 3 --> 2), readying New Albion and Starpoint.
    Letnev plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), readying Abyz and Fria.
    Muaat plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), readying Bereg and Lirta IV.
    Yssaril plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), readying Retillion and Lodor.

Current Map: Round 1: Action Phase Update 4

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev - 0 VP
    The Embers of Muaat - 0 VP
    The Yssaril Tribes - 0 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 0 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 0 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Expand Borders (1 VP): Control 6 planets in non-home systems.
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.
    3 Stage I Objectives and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Embers of Muaat: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Yssaril Tribes: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    (none)

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 3
    Action Cards: 2

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    R - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    R - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    R - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Embers of Muaat (El Skid)
    Commodities: 2 / 4
    Trade Goods: 6
    Action Cards: 0

Tactic Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.

The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 2

Tactic Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Spy Net)
    Technology: Neural Motivator

Worlds:
    R - Retillion (2R, 3I)
    R - Shalloq (1R, 2I)
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    X - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Y'sia Y'ssrila: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 2, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship can move through systems that contain other players' ships.
    - Racial Technology: Transparasteel Plating (Green, requires 1 Green): During your turn of the Action Phase, players that have passed cannot play Action Cards.
    - Racial Technology: Mageon Implants (Green, requires 3 Green): Action: Exhaust this card to look at another player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand.
    - Stall Tactics: Action: Discard 1 card from your hand.
    - Scheming: When you draw 1 or more action cards, draw 1 additional action card. Then, choose and discard 1 action card from your hand.
    - Crafty: You an have any number of action cards in your hand. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Spy Net: At the start of your turn: Look at the Yssaril player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand. Then, return this card to the Yssaril player.

Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe)
    Commodities: 1 / 3

Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: (none)

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    X - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    X - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 0 / 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    R - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hist produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Tehcnology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Commodities: 1 / 4

Tactic Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Neutral Worlds
    N - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    N - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    N - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    N - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    N - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    N - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    N - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    N - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    N - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    N - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    N - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    N - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    N - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)
    N - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Order of Play
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (1) Leadership
    Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe) - (2) Diplomacy
    The Barony of Letnev (@Ketar) - (3) Politics Current Player
    The Embers of Muaat (El Skid) - (5) Trade
    The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh) - (6) Warfare
    The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor) - (7) Technology

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Activate Quann. Move in dread with last infantry and colonize Quann.

@El Skid

• Options
    Activate Home System.

Exhaust Muaat (4R), Bereg (3R) and Lirta IV(2R) for 9R, plus 1 TG to make 10R

Build Carrier(3R), Dreadnought(4R), cruiser(2R) and 2 fighters (1R).

@Lykouragh

• Options
    Activate Warfare, taking 1 counter out of Saudor and putting it into my Tactics pool. T/F/S->2/3/1

Everyone else up for the secondary:

Secondary Ability: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to use the Production ability of one of your Space Docks in your home system.

• Options
    Use strategy token and Exhaust Creuss(4R) to produce a Dreadnought.
    T/F/S -> 3/3/1.

• Options
    Pass on secondary

@El Skid @38thDoe @Phyphor

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Pass on Warfare secondary

El Skid on
  • Options
    Tap Zubat to build 3 fighters and 2 infantry on Quinarra

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Pass

Technology. Research Sarween Tools & Inheritance Systems. Exhaust Lazar for the tech specialty. Exhaust 0.0.0 & spend 1 TG to pay

@A Half Eaten Oreo @38thDoe @Ketar @Lykouragh

• Options
    Tap Home System planets to buy Sarween Tools

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Sounds like Sarween tools might be correct, but..
    Exhaus New Albion and Starpoint research Neural Motivators.
    T/F/S -> 3/3/0.

• Options
    Tools can be a bit of a trap unless you want something that needs yellow tech, it's an investment that takes a long time to pay off

• Options
    Play on tech secondary.

Spend 4 TGs to gain Sarween Tools

T/F/S to 1/3/0

• Options
    Tools can be a bit of a trap unless you want something that needs yellow tech, it's an investment that takes a long time to pay off

5 productions? If you are playing on the warfare secondary its 3 rounds to make a profit.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited January 2019

5 productions? If you are playing on the warfare secondary its 3 rounds to make a profit.

If you build and play on warfare secondary you're spending all of your CCs building. If you just build each turn you make your profit on turn 6 in a game that will probably end turn 8 or 9

Plus resources now > resources later and don't forget to cost the CC spent in there

Phyphor on
  • Options

If you build and play on warfare secondary you're spending all of your CCs building. If you just build each turn you make your profit on turn 6 in a game that will probably end turn 8 or 9

Plus resources now > resources later and don't forget to cost the CC spent in there

Basically if you're not going to control the yellow prereq planet and are going to be getting anything with a yellow prereq all game, picking it up early is important. With Sarween, taking early is much better than taking it taking late.