As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Whatever happened to the [TV] Thread?

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    How many choices before there's a cheeky "drink your own piss" option
    You can make him drink his piss while he is still in the helicopter waiting to land.

I honestly hope every choice is at least three options "Fight the bear, Run from the bear, Drink piss at the bear"

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Retrieve arms from bear

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2019
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Retrieve arms from bear

ps002.gif
    You've already got arms, numbnuts!

tynic on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Fun fact. The resin Pulse Pistol I have was made off a mold of a screen used one! That's one step removed from a real one!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    For anybody interested in the complicated vagaries of the Hollywood industry and the dispute between the Writers Guild and talent agencies, David Simon has a fiery-ass essay up: https://t.co/LD8h3mIk4R

Nobody does anger quite like David Simon

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I just sold my first screenplay for a TV pilot and holy shit. Now I'm going to celebrate with... Riverdale I guess!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I loooooved that Discovery "documentary" about how Earth may develop after humanity dies, which culminated in tree-dwelling octopus monkeys

This is one of my favorite baseless speculations of all time. It's just somebody's plot-less speculative fiction with a budget, but it's a lot of fun.

But they got one thing right: don't underestimate cephalopods. If they ever have to become social creatures, the planet will surely never look the same.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    John Cryer is actually a pretty good Lex Luthor

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Supergirl spoiler
    Lex Luthor got to shout, “Miss Tessmacher!!” Like Gene Hackman in Superman.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I just sold my first screenplay for a TV pilot and holy shit. Now I'm going to celebrate with... Riverdale I guess!

hey dude that rules

good goin’

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

hey dude that rules

good goin’

Yeah, I've been meaning to check out Riverdale for a while.
    And thanks!

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Got an email this morning from Spotify that as a premium customer I now get a Hulu subscription included (probably the lowest paid account version with all the ads but still).

So, FYI if you subscribe to Spotify.

aw HELL yeah

Yo, Goose! Seriously thank you for this heads up.

I apparently got this email last Thursday and would have missed it if it wasn’t for you.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    [
    Hes not a bad actor he was just in a horrible tv show for a decade.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    [
    Hes not a bad actor he was just in a horrible tv show for a decade.

It was nice to see him doing his honest best to help make up for Superman IV.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Is this where I go to talk about Barry? Cuz I just finished watching Barry, and it’s fucking incredible. It reminded me of Breaking Bad and Weeds. Bill Hader is kind of heartbreaking in it. I’m glad the second season is starting this year, because I need more of this show. Gonna wait for the season to end before I watch it, though, cuz I binged this first one, and I can’t imagine having to wait a week after some of those cliffhangers.

Fawst on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    This new episode of Bob’s Burgers is fantastic.

Rhys Darby is a delight.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

Rhys Darby is a delight.

RHYS DARBY IS BACK???!?

@NightDragon can attest that his previous episode is one of my favourite things ever

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Rhys Darby is a delight.

Oh you mean my foot knobs?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I also started watching The Expanse recently, and I've gone from hating everyone on it to finally coming around on most of these characters. But man, the pacing on this show is weird. The middle of season 2 basically feels like a season finale.

Mostly I like the show now, though. And it's got a gorgeous opening credit sequence, so there's also that.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I also started watching The Expanse recently, and I've gone from hating everyone on it to finally coming around on most of these characters. But man, the pacing on this show is weird. The middle of season 2 basically feels like a season finale.

Mostly I like the show now, though. And it's got a gorgeous opening credit sequence, so there's also that.

Middle of season 2 is the end of book 1 if I recall correctly so it seems like a finale for a reason.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »

Rhys Darby is a delight.

RHYS DARBY IS BACK???!?

@NightDragon can attest that his previous episode is one of my favourite things ever

Yes, Rhys Darby is baaack!

• Options
    I've missed a couple of weeks. "Pesto in my pants" is extremely catchy.

• Options
    JayKaos wrote: »

Middle of season 2 is the end of book 1 if I recall correctly so it seems like a finale for a reason.

That definitely makes sense, because that totally felt like the end of the first major story arc. Weird choice, but I guess I'd rather have done it this way than have it dragged out for another 6 or 7 episodes.

• Options
    "you don't wear sockies with your boaties!"

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Rhys Darby is a delight.

RHYS DARBY IS BACK???!?

Yes, Rhys Darby is baaack!

oh shit, I gotta catch up!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I'm gonna need a Duncan focused episode

Darby is so good and the amount of time he gets is never enough

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    What's the general consensus on Love Death & Robots so far?

I haven't watched it yet and it seems like my kinda jam, but I'm extremely wary.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Veldrin wrote: »

I haven't watched it yet and it seems like my kinda jam, but I'm extremely wary.

I've been hearing VERY mixed things.
    but it seems even people who aren't on board with all of it like some of it?

Edit: Orphan Black hitting it out of the park. "So what are you, like, normcore?" "... yes?" "That's so interesting."

tynic on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I watched three Love, Death & Robots.

Two of them have naked women and violence because that's grown-up stuff and one of them was a comedy where robots swore, because that's grown-up stuff.

The third one is really neat aesthetically, too bad the story is grown-up stuff.

I don't think I'm gonna watch any more.

It's got a real Heavy Metal magazine vibe to it, which means there's probably some cool as hell stuff in there surrounded by dudes making boobs and blood.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    That's right where I am. The fourth one appears to have farmer BattleMechs!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Okay that twist ending is pretty fucking hilariously stupid

speaking of worst episodes of TV, I think the worst episode of anything I've ever watched was the episode of Bones that not only had a B-plot based around 'waiting outside the theater for the new Avatar movie', but the A-plot was "Someone murdered someone over a fictional videogame."

It also invoked the "all autistic people are secretly savants at SOMETHING" trope, which was fun

The worst single episode I've seen has to be the first episode of the Tomorrow People CW reboot. Main guy charges up and throws a hadoken out of nowhere, it looked horrendous, and I just finally gave up. It was apparently immediately cancelled, which doesn't surprise me. But usually the CW shows last forever, so it must've been a special type of bad after all.

I was very disappointed, because I loved the version that was on Nickelodeon in the 90s.

Spellbinder was also the raddest shit.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I watched all of season 1 of Queer Eye, and a couple episodes of season two

god I just

feel so cheerier thanks to this show

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

it’s bad

even the ones I liked I didn’t like much, but here are the ones I think are okay-good

Three Robots
    The Witness
    Good Hunting
    Fish Night
    Lucky 13
    Zima Blue
    Ice Age

if I had to pick three from that, The Witness has the best art (it’s sort of a horny/violent Spider-Verse), Good Hunting has the best plot and Zima Blue’s probably the most clever

also Ice Age is mostly live-action and has Topher and Mary Winstead

• Options
    I'm gonna need a Duncan focused episode

Darby is so good and the amount of time he gets is never enough

Sasha... asking MY opinion?!?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I also only made it through 3 eps of love, death, and robots. Visually the shorts are fantastic, but the subject matter so far isn’t good (lots of violence against women) and definitely trying too hard to be edgy. It feels like it was written in like 2005 and they finally got around to animating it. I can’t believe they led with the one they did.

It’s a damn shame because the animation is very good.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular

The first half of season one was a real slog for me. The exposition was clumsy, like one step removed from characters talking directly to the camera.
    However, once they finished setting everything up, and the different groups of characters started interacting with each other/doing crazy stuff it became a whole lot of fun.
    Also the space battles are amazing and kinda terrifying

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Oof, I really want to watch more of The Expanse. Just need time...

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Season 3 just became available over here so i need to dip back into it as well.

Also going back to a previous discussion re:into the badlands, the best character is clearly Quinn’s accent.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Titans has cast transgender, deaf actor Chella Man as Deathstroke's son Jericho for Season 2

That fuckin ruuuuuuuules

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Hey so I just started watching The Blacklist. I like it so far. I'm nearing the end of Season 1. Robert California is great.

Question: Is this show still on or did it complete/get canceled?

Also, what ever happened to the Redshirts TV show?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
This discussion has been closed.