As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Whatever happened to the [TV] Thread?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I saw a few of those. Only thing I recall clearly was the medieval LARPer guy who came in with a super crappy longsword that kept developing a severe bend halfway down and he kept having to wedge it against the floor and step on it to straighten the thing out.
    Katana boy had to do the same thing!!!

CYpGAPn.png
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I’ll say this about Forged in Fire: I’ve never seen a weapon made on the show BEND. Chip, yes. Crack, yes. Shatter, absolutely. But they don’t bend.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    We have been watching old Survivor and I am reminded of my old desires to see Rupert murder everyone

@Mr. G

Are you watchin' Pearl Islands?

'Cause dang, what a season

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    We have been watching old Survivor and I am reminded of my old desires to see Rupert murder everyone

"Mr. G"

Are you watchin' Pearl Islands?

'Cause dang, what a season

My girlfriend’s never seen any Survivor, so we’re watching my old favorite seasons, so we watched the first one, then she wanted to see some of those people again so we watched All-Stars, and then she loved Rupert so now we’re watching Pearl Islands

I am going to get emblazened on my family crest the ancient adage “Everyone Sucks But Rupert”

6F32U1X.png
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Rupert was the man. Finding that spearhead was pretty damn badass.

...shit, how long ago was that? I saw it live on TV when I lived with my parents, so guessing between 16-20 years now?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I’ll say this about Forged in Fire: I’ve never seen a weapon made on the show BEND. Chip, yes. Crack, yes. Shatter, absolutely. But they don’t bend.

That happens with swords designed for stage fighting.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Hey while Archer was being discussed, reminder that Sterling Archer, and in fact all of your favorite FX shows, are now Disney properties

Atlanta, Always Sunny, The Americans, Justified, American Horror Story, American CRIME Story, all Disney now

6F32U1X.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Bobs burgers too.

Jon Benjamin is basically Disney owned .

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So is Archer's middle name going to be Princess now?

sig.gif
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    1. Teenage Wasteland rules and I am happy when it is used in anything
    2. That trailer rocks and I'm intensely excited
    3. Having it set in the summer is a great choice for a change
    4. The theme of the main kids all becoming older teens and having other interests is a good choice

In summary, I am pumped For This

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    (the song is Baba O'Riley)

I dunno about covering up Steve's amazing hair with a dumb hat though

seems like the sort of thing where an employer should make an exception to the employee uniform

if i search youtube for teenage wasteland and I find it AND the lyrics basically say teenage wasteland over and over, the song is called Teenage Wasteland!!!!

I can't find any fault in your reasoning, carry on then

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMlwjCID3Io

Chernobyl premieres on HBO May 6
    Starring Jared Harris, Stellan Skarsgaard and Emily Watson
    Cast also includes Adrian Rawlins (James in the Harry Potter films), Adam Nagaitis (season 1 of The Terror), Barry Keoghan (Killing of a Sacred Deer), and Ralph Ineson (The Witch)

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    That Stranger Things trailer reminds me that the best part of Stranger Things is the characters and their interactions and it looks very fun

And then theres another fucking upside down monster and I immediately lose all interest

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Wouldn't really be Stranger Things without the monster.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2019

Also looks like this monster was a person at some point

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Also looks like this monster was a person at some point

So the monster... Was the friends we made along the way?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So the real monster is.... man?

I agree that it needs some kind of supernatural thing

But I felt like they pretty much tapped the upside down in season 1 and was mostly bored by it in season 2

give me another 80s supernatural pastiche with the same characters

I'm over these goopy bullshit monsters

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    I don't know. Just seems like they need to close the Upside Down story before they could move on to another one.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Episode 1 they fuckin close the hellmouth or whatever. Everyone's like "yay finally things can get back to normal" and immediately some new bullshit happens

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I loved Season 1 but Season 2's meandering nothing of a plot kinda soured me on the show so I'm gonna have to wait and see I think.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    It seems like a proper different monster at least and not just another Demogorgon

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Honestly I thought season 2 was better than season 1. Bob was an amazing addition to the cast, I thought everything they did with the original characters was awesome. I was super into it.

The characters are why I'll watch this, they're great

I just did not care about the plot in S2 basically at all

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

It absolutely should not

Stage steel tends to be thicker (as well as being blunted), it shouldn't be bending at all

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The way they papered over their obvious lack of story ideas with fun dialogue made me like the second season a lot more than the first one though

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

It absolutely should not

Stage steel tends to be thicker (as well as being blunted), it shouldn't be bending at all

Well cheap stage weapons anyway. I've not had any experience with good quality ones.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Eh. I thought Stranger Things season two wasn't all that, save for a few good bits. I don't think I need to watch the third.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    One little thing I noticed in the trailer is it seems like Eleven and Max are hanging out together, which is neat.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Watched three segments of Love, Death and Robots last night.

Not really feeling the need to watch any more.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I decided to watch the Forged in Fire spin-off hosted by Goldberg

It's basically American Ninja Warrior but with knives and the weirdos who wield them and sure enough the first contestant is a white dude from New York with a katana dressed up like a samurai who bows to everyone and says his sword FILLS HIS BODY WITH SPIRIT and that his sword was made by a Japanese smith living in China (made to the SPECIFICATIONS OF HIS BODY) because "you can't take sharpened blades out of Japan, they are considered natural treasures".

He also says "HAI!" instead of "yes."

The show itself isn't anything special but I am very happy they got that right out in front

We spent the past two nights getting high and watching this

A very recommended experience

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I have definitely seen a few Forged in Fires where their final challenge blade comes out of a durability test with a wicked bend. Once at like 90 degrees.

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMlwjCID3Io

Chernobyl premieres on HBO May 6
    Starring Jared Harris, Stellan Skarsgaard and Emily Watson
    Cast also includes Adrian Rawlins (James in the Harry Potter films), Adam Nagaitis (season 1 of The Terror), Barry Keoghan (Killing of a Sacred Deer), and Ralph Ineson (The Witch)

Oh nice, I was actually just wondering about this series earlier. It seemed almost too catered to me and figured it fell by the wayside.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Tube wrote: »
    David Boreanaz cannot convincingly play a 20 year old immortal any more

z5kl6u0klb4x.jpg

nvfskc8wd02t.png

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    pretty little liars: the perfectionists debuts tonight

i am so excited to see mona take the spotlight

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I decided to watch the Forged in Fire spin-off hosted by Goldberg

It's basically American Ninja Warrior but with knives and the weirdos who wield them and sure enough the first contestant is a white dude from New York with a katana dressed up like a samurai who bows to everyone and says his sword FILLS HIS BODY WITH SPIRIT and that his sword was made by a Japanese smith living in China (made to the SPECIFICATIONS OF HIS BODY) because "you can't take sharpened blades out of Japan, they are considered natural treasures".

He also says "HAI!" instead of "yes."

The show itself isn't anything special but I am very happy they got that right out in front

I tried watching this earlier this week and made it like five minutes

it is ever so slightly too stupid for me

regular forged in fire is exactly stupid enough

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah I tapped out after a couple contestants

The challenges aren't goofy enough and I would much rather watch folks try and make something versus chop through ice 6 times in an episode

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.