As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    How does 7* Zargabaath compare to 7* CG Nichol? I have one of each, and I may UoC a dupe to get either one to 7*.

I haven't used Zarg so I'm not familiar with his kit, but I have looked at it on the Gamepedia page. He does seem a little more complicated than CG Nichol who is just 'dualcast whatever buffs need, rinse and repeat'.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Raegen and Lila 7* get!

I have 3 6* Lila's, 2 Raegen, and E. Shera. Question is do I pull on that step-up or not?

I'd resist. Lila's STMR isn't that great, so unless you want 2 of her at 7*. E. Shera is great paired with Hyoh, otherwise he's just ok. Now that STMR, ugh my tanks would love it haha.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Thankfully this Raid should help get another group of Cactuar's to feed.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    How does 7* Zargabaath compare to 7* CG Nichol? I have one of each, and I may UoC a dupe to get either one to 7*.

I haven't used Zarg so I'm not familiar with his kit, but I have looked at it on the Gamepedia page. He does seem a little more complicated than CG Nichol who is just 'dualcast whatever buffs need, rinse and repeat'.

7* Nichol can remove stat breaks, where Zarg cannot. Nichol also has AoE LB boosts, regen, and refresh that Zarg lacks.

7* Zarg can prevent stat breaks, some ailments, and stop. He also has more elemental resist buff (all elements, Nichol has ice/light/dark/water). He has higher mitigation (50%) tied to his LB. He also has the ability to unlock dualcast for some of his skills, including Rejuvenate, which when enhanced is a ridiculous ST heal, MP heal, and grants Re-raise.

It really depends on what roles you need filled.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    now I'm gonna actually have to consider wether to use Lid, 2B or Loren as a breaker and whether to use zarglebargle or Nichol as a buffer.

I also awakened and fuzed raegen since I saw I had 4 of him..... only to realize that his stmr is pretty bad.

• Options
    IDK I think his STMR is pretty good. It would have been better if they had made it Clothes instead of Light Armor for me, but Emp Shera's TMR works well with it. 2B and Loren would love it, as it adds 50% High Tide.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Threw the 10% rainbow ticket at the Folka banner. First time one of those tickets gave me a rainbow. Mediena...

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »

Having both 7* Zarg and 6* Nichol, I’ve used Nichol far more often, but when Zarg fits on the team, he excels. 7* Nichol looks like a natural extension from 6*, while 7* Zarg (with enhancements) is a bigger leap in capability over 6* Zarg. Zarg is also more expensive to max out due to enhancements, while Nichol’s enhancements haven’t hit yet.

• Options
    I'm still using enhanced 6* Zarg since I've not pulled any better buffer, and he's been more than sufficient for all of the content thus far. Stat break resists will be much more necessary coming up, and I'm hoping I can grab a dupe to 7* my Zarg soon. Kinda leaning towards GLEX UoCing him, but the limited time GLEX unit FOMO is dragging me down.

• Options
    I'll probably keep using Zarg till MS Nichols enhancements hit. Zarg is just so good at different things. Also he fits in well with my group. He covers status ailments and stop which WKN isn't immune to, while he has a 1 turn gap in stat resistance, Folka can help out in that situation. Rejuvenate is crazy strong, 50% is just nuts for units like T.Terra who have 700-800MP. If they had made his Prismatic Barrier cooldown 3 turns and upped his ailment coverage to all of them, I'm not sure when I'd stop using him.

There will be situations where MS Nichol will be preferred I'm sure. Anything with group MP drain, he'll be better since round 1 he can restore MP. Anything weak to water, he'll be Hyoh's best friend. Increasing the Evo gauge is always helpful if in situations where say there are 2 missions (summon esper and no party member KO) which removes the Type-0 crew. Additionally anything with Light/Dark/Water/Ice, he may end up being better since he can dual cast those vs Zarg's CD and 1 turn gap in coverage.

If I had to pick 1, I'd go Zarg though.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    My current favorite tank is Lilith, who has a break resistance buff already. So maybe Nichol will be who I go with for support.

Also, I've been using CG Nichol all this time and never realized his LB also removes stat breaks. I am, possibly, an idiot.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I finally get to have a 7* Nameless Gunner Jake.

More to the point, I get a 50% moogle out of him since I have three. That's all he's good for. Oh sure, his LB is a pretty good finishing move, but why would I do that to myself?

I'm sure this has been done to death, but he has the worst name. "Nameless Gunner" is already a name, or at least a title, but then it's followed up with his fucking name! It is very dumb.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    looking at them, I see little reason to use nichol over zargle and no reason at all to use loren over lid.

• Options
    Just depends on the situation. Lid pretty much breaks and that's what she does. She does get the cool remove buffs from the enemy but keeps negative effects. Loren however has a 50%/79% imperil on her LB which is really nice if you are using those elements (also has 65% imperils on her individual attacks). While her CD break is less than Lids by just a bit, it does hit a 200% LB party boost. More importantly if needed she can be DPS as well.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Threw the 10% rainbow ticket at the Folka banner. First time one of those tickets gave me a rainbow. Mediena...

Alright there is something fishy with this folka banner. I've gotten two rainbows off it, both rainbows, and both Mediena. Hidden rate up conspiracy time.

• Options
    Really hoping for a Raegen bonus and King LB pot reward arena this week.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Really hope for QoL improvements we were promised!

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »

They mentioned the google login coming next week. So i’m assuming that’ll be the app update that could include more stuff.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

They mentioned the google login coming next week. So i’m assuming that’ll be the app update that could include more stuff.

Oh? Finally!

• Options
    Where's the MK shop for the rerun?

• Options
    Opens.. next week? After the current one closes.

• Options
    I'm not going to farm until I know what I need. Why even have the rerun this week?

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    TFW you forget to collect the last relic reward.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Really hoping for a Raegen bonus and King LB pot reward arena this week.
    Well, you got half of it:

100% bonus is Gladiolus, Folka, and the SO 5*
    Banned: wind and physical combos
    Reward: LB pots

maraji on
  • Options
    Have we ever had a week with no elemental restrictions?

• Options
    No point in farming the old MK event for gil right? Even worth 50 a pop, with 400% bonus it's only 800-900 a pop which would be around 80,000 Gil. With gil farmer the chamber gives 170K per run.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    No point in farming the old MK event for gil right? Even worth 50 a pop, with 400% bonus it's only 800-900 a pop which would be around 80,000 Gil. With gil farmer the chamber gives 170K per run.

Depends on the rare bonus round chance. If you hit the bonus mob with 400% you're looking at like 20,000+ currency, which will clock in at a million gil.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Seems weird to do a MK re-run when two other things are using the MK and Mog Minister for turn-ins. Oh well. I'm not sure if I farmed up everything from the Queen MK event. I will wait and see next week I guess.

I forgot the Free Lapis Summons starts today. Luckily I checked reddit. Also, don't forget to run the Vault of Hidden Treasures. Last day!!!

Tiphares on
  • Options

Lapis Summons start today, don't forget to grab your free lapis!

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Wanted 1 Rena and 1 Sophia so I could mixer their gem later, so I did a run of their step up. No rainbows but the guaranteed at the end. Feels bad, man.

• Options
    I threw a 90% blue at the banner, got a blue. I'll leave it at dailies for the rest of the event in case I get something. If not I can just wait and mixer a Fayt prism. He'll likely be relevant for a bit since he hasn't gotten enhancements yet.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    For those that pulled Sophia, her TMR moogles are not in the raid. Not sure if this is an error on Gumi's part or intentional. Just beware if you are pulling coins looking them. Might want to wait and see what Gumi says about it.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Threw a single rare ticket.

Pulls yellow and it recombines for rainbow!

Lightning #2....

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Seems weird to do a MK re-run when two other things are using the MK and Mog Minister for turn-ins. Oh well. I'm not sure if I farmed up everything from the Queen MK event. I will wait and see next week I guess.

I forgot the Free Lapis Summons starts today. Luckily I checked reddit. Also, don't forget to run the Vault of Hidden Treasures. Last day!!!

I like how you edited this into the post just in front of Cruor's post. And you put in a whole bunch of extra asterisks. :P

[edit] Added smiley to make the post less potentially hostile.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Woooooo! 50 Lapis! Yeah!

And I should just skip all the SO banners since I have no 5* units from last time, right?

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Tiphares wrote: »

I like how you edited this into the post just in front of Cruor's post. And you put in a whole bunch of extra asterisks. :P

[edit] Added smiley to make the post less potentially hostile.

More reminders are better than no reminders!

• Options
    maraji wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

Woooooo! 50 Lapis! Yeah!

And I should just skip all the SO banners since I have no 5* units from last time, right?

I'm skipping it unless one of the SO tickets drops Rena or Sophia I guess.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I got both Heavenly Technician Lid and Regan AND a second TT I can 7* but I'm not sure who. I'm thinking maybe Lid because i don't have many breakers, and I have a ton of good P. DPS over Regan, and I don't have much extra magic equipment for a second TT

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    So the current MK has this:
    Rare Summon Ticket
    500 x2
    1000 x3
    3000 x2
    6000 x3

Phantasmal Blade Sword ATK+78 10000
    Vitality Apparatus Accessory DEF+5, HP +15% 3500
    Skull Crusher Mace ATK+35 1200

Lightspeed Jab Materia
    Increase ATK (40%)
    Decrease DEF (10%)
    Grant Last Stand
    (Eight only) 1000 x4

Cheerleader Materia
    Increase ATK/DEF (25%)
    Enables use of Cheer
    (Cinque only) 1000 4

White Knight Materia
    Increase DEF (40%) for 3 turns to all allies
    Heal (500 HP, 4x) split over 3 turns to all allies
    (Nine only) 4000 1

Gate of Destiny Materia
    Physical damage (3.6x) with HP sacrifice (33%) to all enemies
    (Queen only) 10000 1

Tempered Shield Materia Increase HP (5%) and DEF (10%) 1200 4
    Imperial Helm Materia Increase HP (10%) and DEF (5%) 1200 4
    MP +15% Materia Increase MP (15%) 16000 1
    ATK +15% Materia Increase ATK (15%) 35000 1

Then 2 5* trust moogle at 30k and 70k currency

Then typical regular items and awaken mats. No giancryst or purecryst or other moogles it currently looks like.

So it doesn't look like you need to farm up much unless you need the 10% moogles.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I got both Heavenly Technician Lid and Regan AND a second TT I can 7* but I'm not sure who. I'm thinking maybe Lid because i don't have many breakers, and I have a ton of good P. DPS over Regan, and I don't have much extra magic equipment for a second TT

Lid is about as good at 6* as she is at 7*. Reagen will benefit from the 7* stat boost in damage if you use him. A 2nd TT is more of a luxury for the Arena than anything.

If Reagan is one of your regular DPS units, I'd go with him first, then Lid.

This discussion has been closed.