As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Guys. I am able to make two STMRs. Cloud and Delita. Which is the best way to make them?

For cloud, I used one 100% tmr'd Cloud to awakened my other 100% Cloud to 7*. So I currently have 3 0% Clouds. When I tried to fuse one of them a message appeared telling I would lose a % for Buster Style, which makes sense because my awakened one is already maxed... But that means that I won't get a buster style prism if I fuse him?

Should I create another Cloud 7* in order to at least rescue one of the Buster Styles? Can you just fuse awakening prisms for the Stmr? I am kind of confused.

Can you get the 50% trust moogle only once per STMR?

Delita is even worse, I don't have a single one 100% tmr'd.

Thanks for the help!

Sounds like you have (or had) 5 Clouds and 4 Delitas?

I think for your Clouds the way to max it out is to do this:
    Make one 7* Cloud (you did this, but you could have done it with one of your 0% Clouds to get a prism) - 7* A
    Make another 7* Cloud (you get a prism) - 7* B
    Fuse your last Cloud into your 7* A Cloud (you will not get a prism, 100% TMR your last cloud if you want his TMR.) - you get a 50% Moogle
    Fuse the 7* A Cloud into 7* B Cloud. - you get a 50% Moogle.

steam_sig.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    If you merge those 3 Clouds into your 100% TMR Cloud then you will get 3 Buster Style prisms. Same with Delita, but his dark sword or whatever it is.

Be warned about Delita's STMR: It's 2000 fixed damage that starts every round in every fight. So if you slap it on your MK team every round they will lose 2k HP.

Correction, very important: if you fuse units you do not get the moogle container. If you break the unit into the prism, you'll get the container then.

Chances are you'll never need more than two buster style materia. Awaken a second 7* cloud and mush that into the first. Then you'll get the STMR, and your 7* counter will go up in case the expert missions ever show up.

Huh I guess I never really looked at all the TMRs I've lost over the past month. Sorry for the misinformation Joe.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    If you pull 3 Clouds (like during a step-up), awaken a 7* Cloud and then farm/moogle the 6* Cloud. When you get that 4th Cloud, turn it into a prism and awaken the Cloud you get the Buster Style from. Now fuse that Cloud into the first 7* Cloud. You'll end up with a Cloud you can still farm, 2 Buster Style containers, and 1 Buster Style materia. No TMRs lost.

TeaSpoon on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I'm thinking of turning in some of my.5*'s. Like I don't see myself ever using prompto or Noctis and my Gilgamesh has already paid out his tmr and Stmr

I’d hold on to fhem until you really need mixer coins. We have tons of space now with the enhance tab and if you end up pulling more you could end up with an STMR.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Thanks for the replies! Don't worry Urahonky, all good. I just read all the posts. So looks like creating *7 is the way to go. And if I don't 100% tmr the second *7 star that I will fuse with my "main" *7, I will lose the tmr.

Yeah, I might not need 5 buster styles, but with Cloud, Hyoh, Sephiroth, Auron and maybe Akstar in the future, I would like to have as many TDH equipment as I can. Specially for 10 man trials.

Thanks again!

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Remember that Buster Style doesn't stack, and you'll likely only have two DPS characters in your party at any time. I'd get extra Marshal gloves, but the materia can rot.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Remember that Buster Style doesn't stack, and you'll likely only have two DPS characters in your party at any time. I'd get extra Marshal gloves, but the materia can rot.

Yeah. It does not stack, but I have several TDH units that could use it, any bit of damage increase helps, I think. Still, I don't now if it is worth using my tmr moogles on a another Buster Style. I did want to know if I could save them for later. Turns out I can save at least one, I hadn't even realized that they can also be used for the 7* awakening goals.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Eventually, we will get the 15-man towers so it might be best to have more than 2 of certain materia. I would try to keep as many containers as possible just in case.

Just realized i forgot to set Auron as my friend unit. Sorry. He should be able to carry a full clear with single cast Dragon Fang and then double cast on final boss. No breaks or any other setup needed.

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    You were free...

I still am! All Ive done is log in for rewards!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
    Funny, at a conference right now and saw at least 2 other people playing this game.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    Funny, at a conference right now and saw at least 2 other people playing this game.

Did you whisper "one of usssss" in their ears?

Or do the body snatchers point and scream?

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I just got my 10th UoC ticket. I don't think I want to spend it right away though. I have a pretty nice team as is. I just am missing a healer/buffer. Rem is ok, but I do not like her use outside of healing.

My current team is:
    Rem 6*
    Kurasama 6* (744 atk)
    Blossom Sakura 7*(1421 Mag)
    Reberta 7* (1233 atk)
    Sieghard 7* (14.6k HP, 1033 def)

My list of units who can go to 7*:
    Basch (I have a second, just need to level)
    Balthier
    Veritas of Light
    Nyx
    Ramza
    Gilgamesh
    Wilhelm
    SB Fina
    Ayaka (Who is the only healer I have I think other than Rem)
    MS Nichol
    Raegen
    ShadowLord
    Olive
    Barbariccia (I have two just need to level)
    Seaside Nichol
    Circe
    Katy Perry (lol)

Out of all of them, Ayaka fits the bill for healer, but that's about all she can do. So it's not much better than Rem.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to move next?

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Anyone know if they made a new macro for cactuar fusing?

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    There is one, yeah. Somewhere on /r/ffbe there's someone who edited the macro to cover for the addition of tabs. Also if you search for Macro and hit Sio's links he has a github I think??

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    edited February 2019
    Koreg wrote: »
    I just got my 10th UoC ticket. I don't think I want to spend it right away though. I have a pretty nice team as is. I just am missing a healer/buffer. Rem is ok, but I do not like her use outside of healing.
    Anyone have any suggestions on where to move next?
    Honestly, if you're not having any trouble clearing content, I would stick with Ayaka as your primary healer. She is still really good at 6*. I would just hang onto your UoC and save it for Akstar. He will give you the most bang for the buck.

I am about done farming this MK because the bonus stages gives a bonus unit every day for 9 more days. Plus, the MK trial boss on Friday should give an additional 10k currency.

The recent patch and UI updates probably broke all of the older ES farm macros. I need to find a new one for Nox that won't lapis refresh and still get past the download data prompt if the game crashes.

Tiphares on
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I would just hang onto your UoC and save it for Akstar. He will give you the most bang for the buck.

Fuck Akstar.

I know he's the next meta unit, but Citan is hopefully coming and he's just as good. And he's awesome.

But seriously, save your UoC tickets. You'll see something you absolutely must have and then you'll know to spend it.

Fuck any non-FF unit. Booom.

Yeah 1 UoC isn’t that much. Wait till you are failing at something then see what you might need. Once you get 2, or 3, you could throw one around. You never know, might get another Rem, Ayaka, or a Folka from a random pull.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

I am willing to give a chance to FFBE characters who have a cool story of their own.

This immediately disqualifies a large chunk of characters, admittedly.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    I dumped the rest of my tickets into the Star Ocean banner, after getting a handful of Belgemines. Got another Sophia (#3) and Lulu #5 (hello mixer). Figured I'd take my chances in the step-up even though I could only do 3 steps, and lucked into Trance Terra #4 and my 2nd Rena on the 3rd step. No tickets and only about 3k lapis, but I'm happy. Y'all may have seen my 16k hp, 1.4k spr Rena on my friend's list :hydra:

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Couple days late, but I finally got around to using my 5+1 ticket. It came down rainbow, woo! Which then cracked into a double rainbow! Woo!
    The drop down crystal was Delita #2 (boo, but +1 to 7* awakening counter I guess) and my first Folka! Hurray! I wish I could have that step-up lapis and tickets back that got me nothing on her banner now!
    Also, I have finally acquired every single CG character now. That's kind of cool.

Hopefully the game will do the same thing as last time and my next 5* ticket will be a second Folka, though I'm in no rush to 7* her because she gets basically everything at 6* anyway.

Techinally, Rain, Lasswell, Fina, and the rest of the story characters ARE FF characters because they are part of the FFBE franchise. I don't think it is disqualified because it is not a numbered FF game either. That would also disqualify Tactics, Adventure, Mystic Quest, and many others.

Techinally, Rain, Lasswell, Fina, and the rest of the story characters ARE FF characters because they are part of the FFBE franchise. I don't think it is disqualified because it is not a numbered FF game either. That would also disqualify Tactics, Adventure, Mystic Quest, and many others.

I personally don't consider FFBE to be a part of the FF cinematic universe because it's a mobile gacha game. I'm alright if others disagree but I draw my line there haha.

Also surprised everyone didn't mention Randi.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular

They were afraid it would be too upsetting.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »

I am upset. You all have upset me.

Cruor wrote: »

I am upset. You all have upset me.

Forgiiive me Cruor!

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    So, now that we have prism moogles, are the 80k currency moogles in the MK shop worth getting?

Jecht's TMR is Awkward Fatherly Love.
    - Increase HP/MP (20%)
    - Increase ATK (50%) when equipped with a great sword

Auron's TMR is Legendary Guardian.
    - Increase resistance to confuse, disease, and petrify (100%)
    - Increase ATK (60%) when equipped with a katana

That's a solid no on both of them, right? Are there any upcoming TMRs worth blowing 10k trust coins on?

I'd still probably only use Moogle Containers to get limited unit TMRs, and only if they're really really good. If the unit is in the general pull pool, I wouldn't use a Moogle Container on their TMR.

edited February 2019
    In terms of rarity prism moogles > UoC right?

I mean I've been hoarding my 100% units for months and barely got 10K coins.

urahonky on
    In terms of rarity prism moogles > UoC right?

I mean I've been hoarding my 100% units for months and barely got 10K coins.

Yeah, basically. The only way to get them so far in JP that I'm aware of is through the Trust Coins or spending tens of thousands of lapis during their bonus arena week to get a high rank.
    There was only a chance to get them in a ticket gacha that they gave away a bunch of tickets for during 3rd anniversary, but they were also the rarest drop there too.

Maybe, just maybe, Gumi will make it easier to obtain them. I doubt it, though.

• EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    People on the GL side were excited when Moogle Containers came out and hoarded a few moogles for them. The idea was that you'd get a "free TMR" without pulling the unit, which was especially attractive for limited units during a raid.

I don't think many people care that much about TMRs now, though. Common-pool units aren't usually pulled just for their TMR, and if so, you can always just UoC (which are arguably easier to acquire by just waiting) and, well, no one really does that.

After STMRs and the fact that most players luck into a few STMRs just from playing the game for a long time (the players who have been excited for moogle containers, for example), the idea of spending such a huge amount of resources for... a TMR? seems silly. At most, they offer a stat boost of a few %.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
    EggyToast wrote: »
    People on the GL side were excited when Moogle Containers came out and hoarded a few moogles for them. The idea was that you'd get a "free TMR" without pulling the unit, which was especially attractive for limited units during a raid.

I don't think many people care that much about TMRs now, though. Common-pool units aren't usually pulled just for their TMR, and if so, you can always just UoC (which are arguably easier to acquire by just waiting) and, well, no one really does that.

After STMRs and the fact that most players luck into a few STMRs just from playing the game for a long time (the players who have been excited for moogle containers, for example), the idea of spending such a huge amount of resources for... a TMR? seems silly. At most, they offer a stat boost of a few %.

It doesn't help that every new banner JP gets, the power creep on 3/4* TMRs gets higher and higher as well, and drive down the demand for older ones.

edited February 2019
    From what I saw of the JP 3rd anniversary, the trust coins are a pretty common drop from the anniversary ticket summons, but still not worth dropping 10k for an empty container versus just UoC of the unit and use 100% moogle on it. Even the limited units do not have game breaking TMRs. Like @EggyToast said, the benefit will only be a few % increase over another similar TMR.

In general, I would not spend any trust coins right now. Also, you may luck into a blank moogle container during the 3rd anniversary in a few (5-6) months.

edit: Interesting "repeat" bug related to Jecht that keeps stacking his abilities until he octo-casts his attack. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/anfvg1/octacast_with_jecht/

Tiphares on
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    0zki95qwszrj.jpeg
    Doesn’t that mean that the moogle container currently available only works on 3* TMRs?

0zki95qwszrj.jpeg
    Doesn’t that mean that the moogle container currently available only works on 3* TMRs?

All of the unit specific trust moogles are 3*. Doesn't matter what rarity the actual unit is.

This game fucking knows. I accidentally went into LGD with my non-Bonus team. "Ah, it's fine. I've been getting 5 rounds almost every run..." *checks the number of rounds* 2/7.

Son of a dick.

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I did that earlier!

*High five*

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
This discussion has been closed.