As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I did the first two steps of the new CNY banner in hopes of getting Qin (or whatever). But I didn't get anything. I think I'm going to wait until the next banner is announced before I decide if I want to go any further.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Starting to do raid summons for the star ocean thing. 400K raid coins. This is going to take a while.

Hey, Gumi, how about an extra button to do 50K coins on one go.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I have 50% bonus. I can't find any bonus friends. The single 4* ticket I threw at the banner gave me nothing.

*Sigh*

That's an entire week of farming, isn't it?

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    I have 50% bonus. I can't find any bonus friends. The single 4* ticket I threw at the banner gave me nothing.

*Sigh*

That's an entire week of farming, isn't it?

Are you looking for a bonus for this event? Are we friends? I havent gotten to play much today but I'll put my 5* monks up

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I have my Ang up at the moment (6* for now).

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    edited February 2019
    Don't worry about my complaining. There are friends in my list with bonus units, just no 7* ones. It's not a big deal. I'm just being grouchy.

[edit] The best thing about raid is that they're free, essentially. You get free stuff for putting in the time and effort. What you get from the raid pull is random, but you get individual rewards. The best thing about KM events is that you get to pick what you buy. It costs energy, though.

The best thing about wave battles is nothing. You don't get to pick what you get. It's not free. There are no individual rewards. It combines the worst parts of raids and KM events. That they made is slightly better than previous wave battles doesn't mean they made it good.

TeaSpoon on
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    You have to give them credit for trying something new after the last wave battle was so poorly received. They still don't have the right formula, but maybe someday.

edited February 2019
    It's questionable if they made it better. Adding bonus units doesn't mean less energy is necessary. It means that they'll have increased the material requirements for crafting event gear. The people full bonus teams get an advantage. Everyone is now required to spend lapis/tickets to get one or two bonus units to make farming manageable.

No 3* bonus units, so you'll have to use 4* tickets. Of the 3 4* units on the banner, only 2 are bonus units. There's a banner without a rate-up for bonus units. Lots of people are going to pull from that banner and get nothing.

This is bullshit.

I'm very resentful towards the game for making me spend those 2 4* tickets. Regular MK events have 4* tickets in the shop, but unless I'm crazy lucky I'm not going to get those tickets back this event.

[edit] In a regular KM event, you have 3* bonus units. If you need 4* bonus units, you can farm until you get the tickets from the shop and pull for them. In this event, if you don't have past bonus units or 4* tickets saved up, you're fucked. Half of the gear you can craft is for newbies, but newbies are the ones who got fucked the hardest.

There really is nothing good about wave events. They're garbage. I used to skip them because the gear was garbage too, but this raid has two pieces I want.

TeaSpoon on
    I like it because doing 5 raids and being done until 5 hours goes by felt like such a constraint. I hate having to login multiple times a day. I want to do my shit in the morning and then not touch the game again until the evening or the next day. This lets me burn through all 160 NRG and then not have to babysit the game throughout the day to ensure maximum orb usage AND I still get to stock up on cactaurs/gils turtles.

I do wish it had some sort of reward other than that. Maybe an increased chance of getting a regular ticket/4* ticket?

I'm not saying you're wrong though. I guess I just wanted a change of pace on the daily grind... It's day 1 though. Tomorrow I'll be bitching, as usual. :P

I wish they had just added a second Mog Minister in the vortex and made this an MK event. You can drop all your energy in those too.

Because let's be honest here. Wave battles are really just a way to have MK events without going through the trouble of programming an extra NPC. I'm sure if they tried that, it would break the game.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    phdr95mthuq2.jpg

He's... He's beautiful.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I'm tempted to spend a uoc on ang. Still holding out till I see about akstar and stuff.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    I'm tempted to spend a uoc on ang. Still holding out till I see about akstar and stuff.

You.. can't.

I wish they had just added a second Mog Minister in the vortex and made this an MK event. You can drop all your energy in those too.

Because let's be honest here. Wave battles are really just a way to have MK events without going through the trouble of programming an extra NPC. I'm sure if they tried that, it would break the game.

That's true except MK events don't really help for those of us in need of cactaurs and gil turtles.

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

also, a way to have an event without any story and make it seem different from 'just another MK event'

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Jakarrd wrote: »

You.. can't.

I thougth ang was in the uoc pool. if not then great, no decisiion!

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Two steps on old unit step-up got me Ang. Good enough for me, gonna stop there.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I did the first two steps of the new CNY banner in hopes of getting Qin (or whatever). But I didn't get anything. I think I'm going to wait until the next banner is announced before I decide if I want to go any further.

Yeah i’d hold off. None of these units are that great. Keep 1 moogle for Qin’s tmr and if we get a container for the 3rd anniversary, you could use it.

There’s a chance we’ll be getting SoM or Xenogears at the end of the month.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Oh man I forgot about that TMR prism.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    phdr95mthuq2.jpg

He's... He's beautiful.

What's he wearing? I think mine only got to like 2200-2300

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    phdr95mthuq2.jpg

He's... He's beautiful.

Mine is, like, 300 ATK lower than yours. And he's great at that level. I really need to try him out in a trial or something. Some fire / wind chaining with Ang finishing will be pretty awesome.

edited February 2019
    Cirira wrote: »
    What's he wearing? I think mine only got to like 2200-2300

Sun Breaker (Seal of Power and Magic L6, ATK 7%, HP 7%)
    Prishe's Hairpin
    Rider's Armor
    Marshal Glove x2
    Instinctual Guard
    The Subservient
    Adventurer V
    Buster Style

The theoretical max for Ang looks to be around 2900 or so, but I'd need STMRs I'm nowhere close to.

I've also got Yun at 2115 right now which makes me pretty happy. I could go higher if I got off my ass and beat Antonella.

Shadowfire on
    Huh. I was a bit shocked when I used Yun and tried out Multi-Barrage with a friend. Had to look into it... it's backloaded 72%. That's spicy.

edited February 2019
    Still don't know if I should finish this second step up to try and get a 7* Yun. The collector in me wants to, but the Lapis, though.

Zomro on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I actually went in for the new step-up--I didn't trust myself to get any good boys from the triple banner.

Step 1/5: Qin.
    Step 2/5: Qin.

I stopped right there. I won't get a single monkcute at this rate.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
    I am still really tempted to bankrupt myself and do the step up, because I have one Chow, one Yun, and one Ang. But I just know if I do something I need will come two weeks later.

edited February 2019
    Sucked it up and finished the second round of stepup snd got my 7* Yun on the last step. Now all three of my boys are 7* and I feel a lot better. Still have 27k Lapis, so time to hoard it again.

Zomro on
    My ex ticket came down Loren #4. Guess I've got a nice new sword!

Reminder: Run the Vault of Hidden Treasures.
    Bring a Gil doubler.

Reminder 2: Farm the FFX bonus level.

Ran into my first bonus mobs in days. So i threw a ticket at the old banner, came down Yun. Kind of happy as Chow or Ang would have put more pressure on me to get their 7* versions. As is, nice 100% unit in the arena now and a little more help for the event.

I don’t have a whole lot of gear for him though.

Hi5 I just got it too. Now to wait for the Item World.

Yeah IW is taking it’s sweet time. I have a couple things I really want to run through.

I used all of my NRG yesterday on the CNY event and did not run into a single bonus mob. Today, just about every run has had 1 or 3 in it. RNG is weird sometimes, unless Gumi had a bug in the rates and ninja fixed it overnight. I can craft the only thing I want now, but I'm going to keep running it for the cactuars, gil snappers, and chance at more moogles and tickets.

urahonky wrote: »

Hi5 I just got it too. Now to wait for the Item World.

Yeah, I need to run it through item world badly. Gonna go get the flame whip tonight and I'll need to run it as well.

Yun is so good you guys.

edited February 2019
    Well, I asked a friend of mine to throw some twenty more tickets into the banner and he landed me a second Ang, so that is nice. I still would have preferred Chow, mind. Ang is very difficult to gear!

Drascin on
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yeah he is purely a TDH character. He does get 150% total TDH when he has Sunbreaker equipped, so it's not a massive journey to max out from there. Killer Bow+ is a nice alternative if you don't have it.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    Yeah he is purely a TDH character. He does get 150% total TDH when he has Sunbreaker equipped, so it's not a massive journey to max out from there. Killer Bow+ is a nice alternative if you don't have it.

Thing is, I don't think I have any TDH gear? For a thing that is supposed to be THE current meta it sure is hard to get any pieces that give it.

I forgot he got that extra 50% for his trust ability. Just swapped Buster Style for Tomb Raider, gimme that LB fill!

Got the flame whip! Between that and the characters I've gotten recently, I really need item world back please.

This discussion has been closed.