As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Rena is already pretty good from a slot efficiency standpoint - she can be both main healer and buffer with her LB. If her LB buffs get even better, she could be a great pickup.

Cruor on
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    I've spent a lot more energy on the bonus stage than I've needed to because I keep trying to use diablos to kill with esper since it's got the long cast time, and keep thinking I must have miss timed it. Then I finally remembered it has 300% dark resist.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    I've spent a lot more energy on the bonus stage than I've needed to because I keep trying to use diablos to kill with esper since it's got the long cast time, and keep thinking I must have miss timed it. Then I finally remembered it has 300% dark resist.

Ooooof. That's why I pack Bahamut for kill with Esper missions, usually on my healer who wouldn't have anything else to do on the kill turn.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Doesn't sound like we'll have any datamine information for the CNY 7*'s which will likely come out the first week of Feb. I think that pretty much guarantees that I will use my GLEX UoC on Christine #4.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    I have 3xGLS, 3xChristine, and 1x Chow.

Those are really the only worthwhile glex uoc options I have I think.

Aside from best boy hype I don't think I have a real reason to pull chow, have a few other mag tank already and will most likely collect for charlotte. If he turns out super amazing I guess I could always just try for 1 more.

Between GLS/Christine I'm debating. Christine's is more applicable and definitely more epeen. GLS mag wise is handy for a couple of mages but some prefer DW. Maybe will get a little more mileage in the future out of spr based mag attackers or just extra spr/hp/mp for survivability on 1h mages as it seems like surviving is harder than doing a little bit more mag damage.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Damn, the first 2 rounds were easy, but did they buff Europa? Following the exact same strategy as last time and my quad casted chaos flare's didn't do much damage at all.

I guess I'll just take the longer way of using CW for a while to whittle him down.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Damn, the first 2 rounds were easy, but did they buff Europa? Following the exact same strategy as last time and my quad casted chaos flare's didn't do much damage at all.

I guess I'll just take the longer way of using CW for a while to whittle him down.

I have been unable to chain her quad casts since they broke the iOS tray trick.

• Options
    That could be it, I may have used the iOS switch controls last time to spark it.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Alright yeah this Europa fight can suck the fattest part of my ass. It's such a time sink to get to it and lose horribly in the first few seconds that I can't deal with it anymore. I fucking hate fights like this and I know people love them. If they had trials that were like this instead of making them event stages then I wouldn't have a problem.

It's not even worth the Shadow I'll get from the ticket. It's more about my pride because I consider myself an alright gamer so if everyone's here saying they cleared it I feel like I HAVE to clear it too. But I just don't have the right amount of units to do it and I'm tired of getting wrecked.

urahonky on
  • Options
    I have 3xGLS, 3xChristine, and 1x Chow.

Those are really the only worthwhile glex uoc options I have I think.

Aside from best boy hype I don't think I have a real reason to pull chow, have a few other mag tank already and will most likely collect for charlotte. If he turns out super amazing I guess I could always just try for 1 more.

Between GLS/Christine I'm debating. Christine's is more applicable and definitely more epeen. GLS mag wise is handy for a couple of mages but some prefer DW. Maybe will get a little more mileage in the future out of spr based mag attackers or just extra spr/hp/mp for survivability on 1h mages as it seems like surviving is harder than doing a little bit more mag damage.

Tough choice, from Reddit it seems like only now has JP gotten it's first TDW Mag materia. So Christine's STMR will be in rare company for awhile. Where as we do have a couple sources of TDH Mag in GL right now. However the 50% eSPR could be useful on magic tanks, and extra survivability and MP is always nice for mages.

• Options
    This bonus stage is a pretty huge pain in the ass. They throw two Scorn dudes at you who have a ton of elemental immunities, but then require you to have every variety of elemental damage to deal with the bombs, all while still having the right roles to survive Europa at the end of it. It's pretty ridiculous.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Alright yeah this Europa fight can suck the fattest part of my ass. It's such a time sink to get to it and lose horribly in the first few seconds that I can't deal with it anymore. I fucking hate fights like this and I know people love them. If they had trials that were like this instead of making them event stages then I wouldn't have a problem.

It's not even worth the Shadow I'll get from the ticket. It's more about my pride because I consider myself an alright gamer so if everyone's here saying they cleared it I feel like I HAVE to clear it too. But I just don't have the right amount of units to do it and I'm tired of getting wrecked.

Do you have T.Terra? Takes a bit but if you can dispel the searchers, break them (50% is fine), you can dual CW them to death.

• Options

Do you have T.Terra? Takes a bit but if you can dispel the searchers, break them (50% is fine), you can dual CW them to death.

Nope :( the two 5* units that I really want are Trance Terra and Sephiroth and I don't have any. Also why I am completely upset with how they handled Christine's 7* form because I was hoping that I'd actually have a TT-like mage that can chain with her.

• Options
    Christine's STMR was totally worth the GLEX ticket though.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    yeah, I just accepted this is another bonus stage I'll not complete and moved on. ochu isn't anything problem but the bombs are annoying and I can't get past them at the moment. Luckly the 90% blue crystal ticket I am less worried about.

Good thing the crysts stages are upcoming soon. Need some giancrysts to do things!

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I'm terrified of the upcoming SOA raid. I'm at unit capacity, I have like 45 max level King Minituars with more sitting in my inbox. I haven't bought any of the Cactuars from the FFVII MK shop (which is easily 5 more max Kings).

Gumi pls give us the split unit box before the raid gacha goes away. I'm begging you.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like we'll have any datamine information for the CNY 7*'s which will likely come out the first week of Feb. I think that pretty much guarantees that I will use my GLEX UoC on Christine #4.

Don't we get 1 more week? The banner says ending 2/1, so I'd assume we might get something on the 31st from that datamine.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm terrified of the upcoming SOA raid. I'm at unit capacity, I have like 45 max level King Minituars with more sitting in my inbox. I haven't bought any of the Cactuars from the FFVII MK shop (which is easily 5 more max Kings).

Gumi pls give us the split unit box before the raid gacha goes away. I'm begging you.

Can you gift me some? :) I'm back down to 5 max minituars after Cloud, Sephiroth, and Folka.

• Options

Can you gift me some? :) I'm back down to 5 max minituars after Cloud, Sephiroth, and Folka.

Would if I could. I have some units I could easily boost to 120 just so that they're ready for content - CGSakura, and when the last 7* batch finally drops I wanna level up CGJake and Emperor Shera. That'll take care of 30 or so Kings without Great/Awesome Successes, after which I'll still have like 20 or so with more coming from the raid.

I want to always have 20 max Kings around just in-case I pull a dupe of a unit I want to play around with right then and there (like Zarg or SSNichol).

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Weren't we supposed to get some sort of QoL improvements this month?

Magus` on
  • Options
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    yeah, I just accepted this is another bonus stage I'll not complete and moved on. ochu isn't anything problem but the bombs are annoying and I can't get past them at the moment. Luckly the 90% blue crystal ticket I am less worried about.

I might finally be there. I'm kinda tired of seeing the GAME OVER screen after dropping 90 Energy (weren't the previous ones 60? 20 per stage or am I thinking of the crysts levels?)

Is the bomb fight similar to the trial? I know I haven't done that one yet and since I can pretty much always get through the fight I might as well get it over with.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Did one of the FFBE youtuber spend 400,000 Lapis for Fayt last year? And didn't get one? That's seriously messed up.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Magus` wrote: »
    Weren't we supposed to get some sort of QoL improvements this month?

We are supposed to get the inventory split, Mixer, and Chocobo Expeditions in "Early 2019" so who knows when that actually will be. We're also supposed to get a Facebook alternative this month, but I doubt it'll actually happen.

Cruor on
  • Options
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    Did one of the FFBE youtuber spend 400,000 Lapis for Fayt last year? And didn't get one? That's seriously messed up.

Yeah it was Claic. I'm not sure what he was thinking... if I spent 100K lapis there's no way in HELL I would keep going at that point....

or would I? I don't know.

• Options

Yeah it was Claic. I'm not sure what he was thinking... if I spent 100K lapis there's no way in HELL I would keep going at that point....

I mean, he was playing with Twitch money. I'd wager that the grand majority of what he uses to buy Lapis comes from subs/donations. It allows for easier spending when you perceive it as not really your money.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have a Malphasie you can put up? Want to try using her against this dang bonus stage. Trance Terra can work but I'm not sure I understand how her rotations go into killing off the searchers...

I may just wait until Thursday and see if any of the awakened folks help out, too.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options

I mean, he was playing with Twitch money. I'd wager that the grand majority of what he uses to buy Lapis comes from subs/donations. It allows for easier spending when you perceive it as not really your money.

I really wish I didn't know that people PAY a guy to do pulls.

• Options
    EggyToast wrote: »
    Does anyone have a Malphasie you can put up? Want to try using her against this dang bonus stage. Trance Terra can work but I'm not sure I understand how her rotations go into killing off the searchers...

I may just wait until Thursday and see if any of the awakened folks help out, too.

Send me a request! I may have to clear a space which I'll do tonight when I get home. I'll set mine up with two sources of Machine Killer which should be plenty. Need any specific Esper for element coverage?

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Oh I didn't realize Mediena is getting her 7* this week. I should have really saved some cactaurs for her.

e: Or not? I dunno.

urahonky on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I am desperately at unit limit as well. I need some expansion vouchers or the unit inventory split, because I can't even pick up the cactuars from the mog king shop, or some fifty messages from my inbox.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular

Send me a request! I may have to clear a space which I'll do tonight when I get home. I'll set mine up with two sources of Machine Killer which should be plenty. Need any specific Esper for element coverage?

Sent!

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    ugh, went for round 2 and with pretty much the same setup the bomb's kept self destructing. Ended up at turn 11, so I just quit. I'll try again later.

T.Terra should be pretty standard, basically doing 6* TT things, with dual casting A-CW on turns when the searchers respawn. I got greedy and tried for a quad cast chaos flare and everything fell apart.

• Options

Sent!

Accepted and set up. Two sources of Machine Killer on Fenrir for a ST Ice Attack if needed.

• Options
    Oh I didn't realize Mediena is getting her 7* this week. I should have really saved some cactaurs for her.

I'm going to hold off. She seems ok, but nothing that I need right now. Reminds me of Emperor a bit, seems like she'll just be raising her stacks on Raging Ice waiting for her CD finisher. She could also work well with Barb, doing triple tornado with Aeroja finisher.

• Options
    Speaking of awakening, looks like with this latest batch (Atoning Dragoon Kain, Pure Summoner Rydia, Mediena, Heavenly Technician Lid, Nameless Gunner Jake), the last batch of units would be: E. Shera, Reagan, Nichol, Jiraiya and Lila. Not super happy about that as I was hoping for another E.Shera, but I do not need a 6th CG Nichol or Jiraiya.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

She becomes a pretty decent finisher with some nice team buffs. Not top tier but pretty good.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Figured since I'm not using my energy for that bonus thing, might as well get some of the easier 3* espers. Did Siren, Ifrit, Golem, and Shiva already, thanks to the magic of power creeping the shit out of them and also having Terra and friend Terras to chain with. Pity about all those Summon missions I'm not going to get because I cannot be arsed to scrounge enough elemental resists to fight these people legit :P.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Used the GL UoC to get Christine’s STMR. Now I don’t have to think about it any more.

ugh, went for round 2 and with pretty much the same setup the bomb's kept self destructing. Ended up at turn 11, so I just quit. I'll try again later.

T.Terra should be pretty standard, basically doing 6* TT things, with dual casting A-CW on turns when the searchers respawn. I got greedy and tried for a quad cast chaos flare and everything fell apart.

Since it seems like folks are done with the MK farm, I put up TT with Alexander in case it helps.

maraji on
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

She becomes a pretty decent finisher with some nice team buffs. Not top tier but pretty good.

Yeah might work out well for the bomb fight. We'll see!

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I haven't tried the bonus stage yet, but I've seen some videos on it. From what I've seen, you can tell one of the bombs is going to explode if if it uses a move called "bomb junior is trembling" which is an ATK buff, and that bomb will explode on the next turn. So if you see that move go off, check which bomb has an ATK buff and prioritize killing that bomb or AoE reraise LBs or CDs (if you have them). No idea if more than one can do it or not.

I'm going to try it tonight, I'll probably use Loren with Lumiere to cover as many elements as possible, and to ATK / MAG break Europa. For most of my damage, I'll try T. Terra and a friend T. Terra, as they can also cover some bomb elements. Not sure if I want to use Lilith or Wilhelm. Lilith can do magic and physical cover, but has no provokes or passive provoke (which could help with bombs), having magical and physical cover is cool on Europa to magic cover the searcher's chaining laser, and then physical cover when Europa swaps to impact mode. Wilhelm gets higher DEF, which would help his covering of Ochu, and can provoke against the bombs. He can cover impact mode attacks, but he can't stop the chaining laser. However, two T. Terras can usually OTKO the searchers, so if they do that they'll take care of of the chaining laser. I can also equip Wilhelm with a Galkan Dagger and use his breaks on the wind bomb (with breaks or imperil it does pretty good damage to it). After that I'd bring who I always bring, Ayaka and CG Nichol. If I don't do Wilhelm with Galkan Dagger, I might use Rem instead of Ayaka to heal and kill the wind bomb

Having to prepare to kill the bombs and still deal with the Ochu and Europa fights is what makes this an aggravating stage. Heck, I'm annoyed just thinking about it, and I haven't even tried it yet.

This discussion has been closed.