Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

19495969798100»

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm going to use all of my orbs and Rank EXP maps.

• Options
    DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    Well that worked out, I wasn't chasing a second Zeno, but the 90% blue ticket from the bonus stage dropped him for me. Back to hoarding everything, I won't need another damage dealer for months with Zeno and Esther.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    No Sephiroth enhancements or Scorn of Octopus Teacher makes me a sad panda. They already announced those are coming on the last updates video, just release them.

Wonder if they'll buff or change Sephiroth's enhancements for GL. They already buffed his 7*, and with Esther and Zeno being a thing, there's potential for improvements. I'm going to enhance him anyway, since he might have a use, and I need to spend GIL anyway.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I need to rethink my arena team.

I'm using:
    Noctis: (Blizzard Flask or Fire Flask. Kind of useless when status effects are banned.)
    Trance Terra: Quad Chaos Waves. Less useful after turn one.
    Sephiroth/Beatrix: Pod chaining
    Bonus unit: Frost (?) Tornado or whatever is best if status effects are banned.

While I can usually kill a group, the amount of essentially unkillable units has gotten pretty high. I had to wait ten rounds to beat Zargabaath. I need another AoE BS chainer so I can use accuracy or get some good magic chainers.

God I hate arena.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I'm getting tired of the 10 rounds thing. Arena once a day for rewards was enough lol. My team has stayed the same for almost a year now, 2 Trance Terra's, 2 Hyoh's, and random unit with bonus.

Hyoh's are non-elemental to deal with resist units and have as much accuracy as I can get. Trance Terra generally uses Dark, unless there is a Lilith, then I'll go Fire. Or if the bonus unit has either an an imperil. Worst case, I have to go non-elemental. Bonus unit does frozen hurricane when I can, or bushido freedom. Also has Odin on for 2nd round death chance.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Medeina, SSNichol, Sophia, Christine, and WKN all chain freeze. I pick four of them and send them with Ayaka most weeks and it works out alright.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    MRamza with 100% stop resist, Bushido Freedom (to cure stop on party), and Frozen Hurricane.

2xSummer Luka on weeks where dualcast/wind are banned, DFina and SBDFina otherwise.

Esther, nonelemental on weeks where parameter reductions aren't banned (Bolting Strike breaks DEF), Hyoh otherwise.

Bonus unit, usually just stays naked or has like Toxic Rain or whatever.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Ayaka on Odin.
    Bonus Unit on Frozen Hurriance, Toxic Rain, or Manufactured Nethicite depending on what's banned.
    Viktor
    Aurora Fryevia
    Lilith or Lunera depending on bans.

Aureole Ray frames all day, every day. It'll fill up my esper bar about halfway through the chain and I can do Odin on turn 1 and have the bar still fill back up with the rest of the chain for turn 2 (if there is one).

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I still run 4x Ashe and Ayaka. works for most fights but i run into a few a week that cause me extra turns.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    Ayaka on Odin.
    Bonus Unit on Frozen Hurriance, Toxic Rain, or Manufactured Nethicite depending on what's banned.
    Viktor
    Aurora Fryevia

Aureole Ray frames all day, every day. It'll fill up my esper bar about halfway through the chain and I can do Odin on turn 1 and have the bar still fill back up with the rest of the chain for turn 2 (if there is one).

The only problem with AR abilities is that I run into more than a few Veritas of Wind or Light and they get healed by aureole Ray.

• Options
    Yeah, all the veritas are annoying in the arena with their elemental absorb. Now we have Esther with the same thing. I won't be using lightning much for that reason.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Yeah, all the veritas are annoying in the arena with their elemental absorb. Now we have Esther with the same thing. I won't be using lightning much for that reason.

All the more reason to use as much non-elemental damage as possible. Like, elemental stuff can be absorbed or resisted, and you'll never need imperils, and it's so so easy to reach the cap on damage in arena. I wish I had non-elemental magic damage to use but water works well enough most of the time.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Depending on bans, I either run a triple tornado caster and chain 3 dual cast tornados, or run KH Cloud and Sora as TDH and chain dualcast Meteor Rain / Ripple Drive. Then I throw in whatever bonus unit I have (my 6* Barb is in right now as part of my tornado chain) and Ayaka for heals and stop cure and that's it. One unit, who is not chaining, has Odin to evoke for the potential insta-KO. I'll run Lilith with my Meteor Rain team, as it's hard to get a proper chain on DC Meteor Rain without a macro, so she's there to cover physical / magic damage of any remaining enemies. If I had a 7* Cloud, I'd throw him in and have three Meteor Rain chainers, but I don't even have one Cloud

So it's usually one of these two teams:

Tornado team - Rem, Rinoa, SBD Fina, *bonus unit* with Odin, Ayaka. If I have a tornado caster who is a bonus unit, swap one of the casters for them.

Meteor Rain team - KH Cloud, Sora, Lilith, *bonus unit* with Odin, Ayaka

Everyone is equipped to be status immune, or at least immune to the main debilitating effects (paralysis, confuse, sleep, petrify)

Zomro on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Mine changed to:

Esther -> Her attack all
    Elly -> Triple Wind Chaos Wave
    Barb (swap for bonus) -> DC Tornado
    Vincent -> Pod and LB
    Ayaka -> Odin

This way I can pretty much wipe the floor with anyone, and any survivors can eat Vincent's LB and/or Odin.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Lorek wrote: »
    Ayaka on Odin.
    Viktor
    Aurora Fryevia

The only problem with AR abilities is that I run into more than a few Veritas of Wind or Light and they get healed by aureole Ray.

Yeah I'm waiting to pick up another unit that has non-elemental AR frames to replace Lilith/Lunera. It was going to be Akstar but I blew everything on Esther. Oh well.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    That reddit spreadsheet made by the guy who does the unit rankings on the wiki, how does it work?

Used to be I could go to individual pages of the spreadsheet, find the rotation and builds of units, but for the past few months, it only shows the first page. No option to go to other pages. I thought they stopped maintaining the spreadsheet, but I think something is wrong with my browser. There's no selection menu at the bottom.

• Options
    They're maintaining it still, but not nearly as in depth as they used to be.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I fixed it. The Chameleon addon was fucking with it.

Which it weird, because I only started using it a few weeks ago while the spreadsheet has been borked for months and months. Maybe the addon first fixed it and then unfixed it when I started messing with the settings?

• Options
    Ok, stream time. Let's see what kinda news they give, if any.

Summary in the spoiler, TLDR after that.
    Summary:
    1. Hit the 500 viewer mark already, 5 NRG and 5 IW pots. Woo.

2. Hit 750 viewer mark, so 10 NRG and IW pots.

3. They're going to be trying to push for better rewards. This is the first non-producer involved stream to give rewards, so they were unsure what exactly to give, but Elytra thought NRG and IW pots would be nice and it's basically what she could get approval for.

4. Elytra has spoken with producers about the power-creep concerns, but can't give too much info about the discussions had. Elytra reads all of the chat feedback after the streams and watches videos from content creators to bring concerns back to the producers.

5. I had been pronouncing Barbariccia wrong. Bar-bar-ese-ia. I had been saying Bar-bar-ick-ia (hard C's are a thing I can't shake from my days learning Latin, it seems).

6. Ran through the FFIV event. Elytra's first FF game she beat by herself was FFIV. Her favorite FF is FFVI (hells yeah)

7. Elytra asked if people would like to see more current TMR items in the MK shop, but for more currency. Not really an official question from the devs, but she may bring it up with the devs.

8. Went over the upcoming stuff we know about, like IW and 1/2 NRG vortex stuff.

9. Announcing 3rd anniversary stuff for June - Special live stream and live event, some players will be invited to watch and have dinner with the producers/Shaly (small, about 50 players, can register in advance with some requirements that will be posted after the stream). LA, Saturday June 29th is the stream/event, I assume the actual anniversary stuff starts the 28th, which is a Friday...or the week after.

TL;DR - Anniversary livestream/live event June 29th, no real new info beyond that. We reached over 750 views, will get the NRG and IW pots, Elytra is gonna ask the producers if we can get better rewards for future streams.

• Options
    I wasn't expecting much from it. For me the next one is going to be a biggy. If they don't announce some plans for better content, I might be out. The arena is boring as hell, the bonus stages are beat within hours of launch, raids and MK events are pushovers. Trials are nice, but once a month is not a lot.

Ideally what I'd love to hear is that they are developing GLEX trials like Marlboro that are incredibly tough. Pull in the accuracy stuff from JP to remove the evade cheese. After that, any extra content would be welcome. 3-4* base only trials, great. How about character restriction trials (healers and buffers only). Based on the new "role" icons they are assigning.

Outside of content, we need something to use crap on. I know in JP there's the new side stories thing to boost old characters. But we need something to use Star Quartz, Cactuars, gil, items, magicite, etc. Almost all my magicite is over 999. Maybe allow us to use that crap to boost units. 100 Magicite gets 1 attack, 50 SQ gets 100HP, with new caps or something.

If the 3rd anniversary is just a bunch of "look at all these units coming" and some QoL stuff, I'm going to check out.

• Options
    Arena is boring but aren't the rewards now better than JP? It's not much but it's something.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Arena is boring but aren't the rewards now better than JP? It's not much but it's something.

The problem is that the rewards don't do much. SQ is pretty much worthless right now. Mini pots would be awesome last year but right now I'm overflowing with them. And trust coins while good, it seems GUMI hates that system and will be dragging their feet to update. It's kind of the problem with the whole game right now. There's no reason to grind.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Whose got the new thread? Also, I just realized I had a seven i haven't tmr'd yet. I could use a 2nd discernment as I already have 3 ribbons and 2 hairpins of unity. I wouldn't mind another lotus mage to get a third hairpin.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    I'll defer to someone else with a new thread since I'm not sure how long I'll be sticking with the game. Also I'm really bad at thread titles haha.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Gimme a few minutes and I'll get it. Just gonna steal the OP probly.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/226227/ffbe-in-a-holding-pattern-for-harder-content#latest

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    @Echo or @Sterica could you lock this thread. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.