As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    No news Wednesday... sad.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Maintenance on Thursday night. Huh.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah Wtf is going on?

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    No news Wednesday... sad.

It's that thing they do where they delay news when there's a popular or hyped banner up, and based on the number of Jechts and Aurons I see this is a popular banner (they also did it with the KH banner). They want to try and get more people to summon on that current banner so they delay the next info release so as not to compete with the current banner.

Normally, it kind of makes sense. If it's a hugely popular banner, then, yeah, keep it the focus. It's just silly that they already announced what's coming on the updates video, might as well announce in game. Though it's funny to point out that thry haven't put an in game notice for the new video.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    The day late maintenance also makes sure that a datamine will be delayed a day, keeping the focus in FFX even longer. How would they squeeze out those extra pulls if the people knew how awesome the CNY kiddos are?

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    As much as I'm always on board for a Gumi screwing us over conspiracy, I'm pretty sure this one is down to just holidays. It's Chinese New Year, they're probably all off and just getting back into work today or tomorrow.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    So I forgot to use my GLUoC and put in a ticket. Today I woke up with Chow in my inbox as I had intended to get him with the ticket. Was pleasantly surprised with the outcome as I figured it would just be ignored.

Took about a week which seems a bit long, but the end result is me being a happy customer with their support. Go go best boi!

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    As much as I'm always on board for a Gumi screwing us over conspiracy, I'm pretty sure this one is down to just holidays. It's Chinese New Year, they're probably all off and just getting back into work today or tomorrow.

There are ways to get things to push automatically. But I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know how to do that.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

There are ways to get things to push automatically. But I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know how to do that.

Given their track record with updates/maintenance, I don't know if I'd WANT them to do that :P

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Well I got the 5* ticket from the grindfest yesterday, had Kurasame #2 drop. Now I definitely have no reason to use my UoC tickets

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

I don't think it's them trying to screw anyone, it's just a marketing thing. It's a thing they've done everytime we've had a big banner. We had delayed announcements when the KH banner was out, as well as other popular / anticipated banners. It makes sense that they'd want to keep a popular banner in the spotlight as long as they can, I just thought it was funny that they announced the CNY stuff in a video on Monday, but still haven't announced anything im game.
    Cirira wrote: »
    So I forgot to use my GLUoC and put in a ticket. Today I woke up with Chow in my inbox as I had intended to get him with the ticket. Was pleasantly surprised with the outcome as I figured it would just be ignored.

Took about a week which seems a bit long, but the end result is me being a happy customer with their support. Go go best boi!

That's pretty awesome. And it totally beats the experience I had with Dokkan Battle last year with a similar issue. I got a special item to trade for an SSR and forgot to use it and sent a ticket it and they basically told me to screw off. That item? It was from a purchased bundle (I used a Google Play giftcard I got with my credit card reward points), so I told them I won't buy anything in game ever again and went back to F2P.

Next time I get a giftcard from my credit card reward points, I might consider using it on FFBE if their service is understanding like that.

Zomro on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    My 5* from the MK was Noctis. Probably won't use him but great TMR.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Koreg wrote: »
    Well I got the 5* ticket from the grindfest yesterday, had Kurasame #2 drop. Now I definitely have no reason to use my UoC tickets

7* Kurasame is awesome. One of my favorite units that I have landed. Congrats!

• Options
    Zomro wrote: »
    Next time I get a giftcard from my credit card reward points, I might consider using it on FFBE if their service is understanding like that.

It's not usually.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Waste of 40 NRG, grabbed a random Jecht, didn't realize he was wielding Tonitrus...

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Nevermind... I figured it out. You mean for the FFX farm event. Yeah. Gotta be careful of loadout, but they should be non-elemental in general.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Wasted another 40 NRG on the Defeat Jie Revorse event, didn't realize 3 Hyoh's with 70% break would overkill him so badly. No time to summon. Good thing I get mostly NRG pots from the reward wheel.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I've looked at T. Terra's abilities and it's a huge mess of activations and shit. I can't figure it out. I don't know which abilities are worth enhancing.

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    I've looked at T. Terra's abilities and it's a huge mess of activations and shit. I can't figure it out. I don't know which abilities are worth enhancing.

If you want her to sync up with other Trance Terras that are enhanced, basically enhance everything except Ultima. One is just her passives going higher and the other two are sort of designed to work together so you should get both for maximum oomph.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I've looked at her damage output and she's rapidly getting powercrept. She came too late for me, unfortunately. Not worth the resource investment. Well, I have a fuckload of resources, so she's probably worth the investment. It's just... I would feel bad using those resources sub-optimally. And some of those resources, the crysts for example, wouldn't be level with each other anymore. And that bothers me.

I'll power her up when I need her, I guess. And I haven't, so far.

[edit] I felt bad fully potting Tifa, and she's my strongest guy, just because she's not a big upgrade from Hyoh. And Tifa hasn't had her enhancement yet. T. Terra, on the other hand, is at the end of her lifespan. I probably would never use her.

Though... I probably don't need Magical Activation and Chaos Wave (awakened or not). Her best rotation is her fire and dark element chains. I have plenty of magical pots. She doesn't need LB pots. She'll be behind a tank, so I can probably skip the HP, Def and Spr pots. She'll need MP pots, though... I have plenty of cactuars.

She really just needs guard crysts in terms of slowly replenishing resources.

[edit] And MP pots. That's my biggest concern. Is she worth the MP pots?

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Also plenty of TTs out there to chain with... That's a big benefit of hers.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Also plenty of TTs out there to chain with... That's a big benefit of hers.

And round one shenanigans.

• Options
    Yeah you don’t really need to pot her other than Mag and only really need to enhance her passive. She’s still really handy for these combo trials. I used her to rock through the Folka bonus stage (though I did use her enhanced CW against the searchers).

• Options
    Had a Trust Moogle map drop from the ELT KM stage so I used it. Hooray for free 4% trust!

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    I'll power her up when I need her, I guess. And I haven't, so far.

[edit] And MP pots. That's my biggest concern. Is she worth the MP pots?

That's the same for most people really. Sometimes it's fun to raise a unit because you like them, but it's probably going to be to either look pretty in the box, or for repeat raid boss farming.

And I barely MP pot anybody.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Had a Trust Moogle map drop from the ELT KM stage so I used it. Hooray for free 4% trust!

That's the only map I haven't seen drop in my runs.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    I have not seen a Trust Moogle map either, but I have seen like 5 rank XP maps. I'm pretty happy about that. Gotta get those rank ups to get more rewards during the 3rd anniversary!

• Options
    Quick tip: Maps return every MK event, and you can save them. Save your Star Quartz maps. Right now they'll get you like 5, but in JP they upgraded those maps to give like 50 SQ a run.

The SQ map is the only one to get any sort of upgrade.

• Options
    Quick tip: Maps return every MK event, and you can save them. Save your Star Quartz maps. Right now they'll get you like 5, but in JP they upgraded those maps to give like 50 SQ a run.

The exploration ones eventually get "upgraded" to not having random encounters, so you can do them way faster and with a lot less useless easy battles as you hit the gathering points.

• Options

The exploration ones eventually get "upgraded" to not having random encounters, so you can do them way faster and with a lot less useless easy battles as you hit the gathering points.

AH, yes, forgot about that. I mean, unless you really need any of those things NOW, the maps are an easy thing to hold on to until you need what they'll give you (MK and raid at the same time and you're close to rank up? Pop a map and get those extra raid orbs, man!)

• Options
    Whoops. Did like 4 star quartz maps already.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    That's fine. There are approximately 0-2 things coming up in Chocobo Dens that are worth getting. Saving SQ maps could make the 300 SQ 10% Trust Moogles worth getting though.

Cruor on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Funny how a year ago, it was "save SQ, the moogle is a trap" and oh how things have changed.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    I'm certain that as soon as I use up my ludicrous amount of SQ on those Moogles we'll get word of a good reason to hoard them.

I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

• Options
    I've been getting so many Moogles lately and not enough units that have worthwhile TMRs to make it worth the investment.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I got a moogle map today. The mobs are mini Mogcaptors, and it's as sad as it sounds. 5% trust total.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Yeah, they look like little spirit owls holding Moogles in cages. You can get anywhere between 3-5 1% Moogles per map I believe. Probably worth buying the 15k whimwam Moogle Map from the MK shop.

• Options
    Yeah, they look like little spirit owls holding Moogles in cages. You can get anywhere between 3-5 1% Moogles per map I believe. Probably worth buying the 15k whimwam Moogle Map from the MK shop.

It's worth it to buy all of them once just to quiet my brain down from seeing the NEW on the King Mog Map banner. God that was torture.

• Options
    I may have forgotten to run the free bonus mission for FFX yesterday.

Reminder: Run the free bonus mission for FFX every day!!
    Additional Reminder: Vault of Hidden Treasures returns tomorrow!!

• Options
    So, I haven't pulled on the Star Ocean banner this time around, beyond one of two tickets that is. Would it be worth it to throw a few tickets for more units to throw into the mixer? I haven't raid pulled yet, but I assume I'm going to get a bunch of 100% moogles.

This discussion has been closed.