Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Galas' TMR is just Conrad's TMR + 10% def.

I think I have three Revolving Saws already from pulling Cloud.

[edit] Zolulu & Delulu's TMR is pretty good if you use Bows. So, it's good for Yun, essentially. It's bow mastery + 40% SPR. Nagi's STMR and TMR are good for hybrid units. I have a bunch of hybrid units, but I also have Esther, so...

Huh. I would like to be able to put a bow on Lenneth for the extra TDH but all my +atk stuff is keyed to swords and greatswords. Bow Mastery plus extra 40%SPR sounds like a thing I could use.

Ang wants bow mastery...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    5+1 today gave me Kunshira #5. Ok.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Mine gave me M Ramza 3. His STMR doesn't look any better than Sylvies.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Galas' TMR is just Conrad's TMR + 10% def.

I think I have three Revolving Saws already from pulling Cloud.

[edit] Zolulu & Delulu's TMR is pretty good if you use Bows. So, it's good for Yun, essentially. It's bow mastery + 40% SPR. Nagi's STMR and TMR are good for hybrid units. I have a bunch of hybrid units, but I also have Esther, so...

Watch out because you missed that the 40% spirit is when equipped with instruments.

Holy shit, you're right. I wasn't going to pull for this banner anyway, now I'm super-not going to pull. It's like not pulling, but even more so.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    It's a fluff raid. Even if they came out when they were supposed to, they were really only "pull if you liked them" type units.

Now the IW event is what I need. Great Swords and Katana's wooo! Also what is High Tide+?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Item world with greatswords. I've got two of those to enhance. Mmmmmmmmm.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Yeah IW is going to be... busy this time.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Half energy trials and Chamber of Arms for 2 weeks as well, time to do more catch up.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    5+1 was trash for me - 2g and 4 b.
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    It's a fluff raid. Even if they came out when they were supposed to, they were really only "pull if you liked them" type units.

Now the IW event is what I need. Great Swords and Katana's wooo! Also what is High Tide+?
    High Tide+ is 50% more than regular high tide. So, I think that comes out to 150% fill rate on a dagger. So, BiS high tide dagger would be the Lust Dagger with innate high tide and high tide+. It's a crazy amount on one weapon.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Yup, gonna be asking for some elemental resist Esther's during that time for Scorn of Ifrit&Siren

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I will pre-set mine for anyone that needs her on Thurs. I'm assuming 50-70% for all of the relevant elements - fire/wind/water/dark? Sitting on Tetra Sylphid.

I plan on burning a lot of IW orbs this time around. I have lots of weapons to upgrade this go around.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Another raid? I don't know if I can do it.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

Also orbs for item world. Yay timers!

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Cruor wrote: »
    Yup, gonna be asking for some elemental resist Esther's during that time for Scorn of Ifrit&Siren

Feel free to @ me if you need my Esther.

I'm also not a huge fan of IW happening with a raid. That's been happening a lot and it's just kind of annoying to deal with the three batches of orbs. I am excited, however, to run some of my new weapons through IW, got plenty of new stuff since the last one. I really wish I had Loren's STMR for this one, though. I just need one more of her, darn it!

Zomro on
  • Options
    I need one more Cloud for his sword, which would be so great to have for this IW. I do have to rerun the Greg2.0 katana to try and get better mods on it, and I could always boost up the Lionheart I have on Esther.

• Options

I might just do enough to get the rewards. Even that might be tough. The incentives to do them are pretty lean right now.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Got Squall from 5+1. Just in time to run the Lion Heart through IW. This should bump my Esther from 2450 to 2600 attack.

• Options
    Mine gave me M Ramza 3. His STMR doesn't look any better than Sylvies.

His STMR should get better in the future. The main issue is that right now, you don't really need defense. Anything you need defense for, you throw an Evade Tank at. Elements are really where it's at today and combined with the fact it's a heavy shield means folks like Folka can't use it.

Once we get bosses with accuracy and the 100% evade meta dies, it should be really good.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Got Emperor Shera #4 from my 5+1. My tanks say thank you for that STMR, yum yum.

• Options
    DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    So I randomly pulled a Zeno from tickets, is it worth chasing another one if I already have Esther? I know that at least TDH, he plays nice with her for content like 10 mans where you can't have dupes

• Options
    Probably not worth chasing another. There are some very good supports/tanks/healers coming up.

If you really like Zeno's sprite or whatever, then hell, chase your bliss.

Another thing to note: You'll probably get a good amount of 5* EX tickets through the 3rd anniversary stuff, so if you don't need him now, maybe you'll get him then.

• Options
    DK_Azrael wrote: »
    So I randomly pulled a Zeno from tickets, is it worth chasing another one if I already have Esther? I know that at least TDH, he plays nice with her for content like 10 mans where you can't have dupes
    Zeno is really strong, but there are some things to consider. First, the Esther chaining family will grow and already includes Sylvie if you have her. Second, once you complete all of the Chamber of Arms, there are no more 10-man challenges. I would not pull based on that at all. Third, the banner will continue next week so we will know if we are getting the Aerith/Red XIII banner or something else. I would wait and see.

TL:DR - No.

• Options
    DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    Good to know, I think I'm good on tanks and healers, I have Lilith, Sieghard, and LM Fina, I also have Zarglebargle and MS Nichol for supports. But honestly, a second Zeno will probably come along anyway.

• Options
    I wonder if it's worth my coworker attempting to pull on this banner again. He dropped a ticket and got an Akstar. His only 7* right now is Orlandeau.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I wonder if it's worth my coworker attempting to pull on this banner again. He dropped a ticket and got an Akstar. His only 7* right now is Orlandeau.

How long have they been playing? UoC is always an option. Maybe just the Akstar step up? Not only is he still good, just not meta anymore, but he comes with equipment he needs. His TMR is BiS for him if you don't have elfreeda or other TDH options. You're likely to pull a Gravey as well, which is great for him. Katana's next to Greatswords are the easiest weapons to get, that's helpful for a newer player as well.

EDIT: Unless he really loves FF13, then maybe wait till CG Lightning.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I fed ~800-900 turtles to Prishe. That's one way to clear that shit out. Still have a few hundred thousand raid coins, a bunch of arena tickets (waiting for the hopefully eventual reward update) and another raid this Friday. Gonna recoup all that shit.

• Options
    Squeenix is doing a FFBE livestream tomorrow, apparently they're going to be announcing some FFBE news and will be giving out in game rewards based on number of viewers.

Tomorrow (5/15) 13:30 PDT (4:30 PM EST) on the square enix twitch channel.

• Options
    I used to be so careful to maximize cactuar fuzing and now I've about given up on it. I'm up to about 100 max level king mintaurs and I haven't even bought the FFIV MK shop ones. I may skip those and get tech giancrysts (which I'm down to 8 of).

Also, F Chu-chu and his stupid high drop rate in raid summons. I just sell him since his TMR is useless for me and you can't get trust coins from him.

• Options
    Yeah, I gotta do all of my raid summons. I also have more King Cactuars than I know what to do with, so I'm just fusing them 40-something at a time to make room. No real need to be super efficient when I don't have anything to use the Cactuars on anyway.

I see myself selling a metric ton of Chu-Chus and worthless 5% unit specific moogles later. Also, I'm sure I'll but up against the gil cap as well. With the Orders raid coming up, maybe I should just max level more of my 7* units that may get use eventually, like Ignacio with his pending enhancements/story battle skills.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    If they don't do boosted fusion success for 3rd anniversary, I'm pretty sure the thing is dead and we should just fuse our cactuses.
    The amount of max level cactuses they throw at us for free is probably supposed to be Gumi's way of balancing out that we don't get it, anyway.

Now that all the old 7*'s are out and I've basically maxed anyone I'm ever going to use, it's pretty easy to maintain the 10 max ones on-hand for when new units that I actually care about going for come out.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Eh, maybe I'll go and max level Elephim since she gets bonkers enhancements in the future. I might level a couple of others based on niche use like Marie and Yuna. I'll wait on max stat pots until I need to use them, though.

• Options
    Does anyone need boosted fusion at this point? Even with normal rates, I'm overflowing with max level cactuars.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Does anyone need boosted fusion at this point? Even with normal rates, I'm overflowing with max level cactuars.
    MUST OPTIMIZE RESOURCES!

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I think Gumi is saving it for the 3rd anniversary. Hopefully everyone gets tons of rainbows and gets to take advantage of the fusion rate up.

The Twitch stream rewards are pretty bad in comparison to the YouTube livestream...
    500 viewers – 5 NRG Restore pots and 5 Weapon Enhancement Orb Restores
    750 viewers – 10 NRG Restore pots and 10 Weapon Enhancement Orb Restores

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Pfffft hahaha

• Options
    I mean... sure, I'll take more IW orbs for free, but yeesh that's a piss poor reward.

• Options
    Ok. Done maxing all espers except for Golem at lvl 48. Raids are good for that at least.

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    My 5+1 ticket gave me Karlette #2. Heard she is a good magic damage dealer. Right?I am glad summoning a unit was one of the daily missions. Haha.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    My 5+1 ticket gave me Karlette #2. Heard she is a good magic damage dealer. Right?I am glad summoning a unit was one of the daily missions. Haha.

She's a great hybrid unit. She uses both AR and AT frames so she's a good pair with Esther. Also she can give a 100% imperil to wind, water, fire, and lightning.

She sits on my team with Esther pretty permanently, as well as my team with Citan.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I have too many weapons to upgrade for how terrible the rates are in the steel castle for just one week.

This discussion has been closed.