Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Dungeon World] Glamjin’s Tower of Glory

12122232527

Posts

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    Holly follows, bumping into them both. "Hmm, perhaps the first part of the riddle applies?" She peers into the darkness, ready for anything.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Discern Realities

    How does that Simon & Garfunkel song go?

    Discern Realities:
    2d6+1 4 [2d6=2, 1]

    Grog on
    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    You don’t see much Holly, it’s just a gloomy corridor leading to a few steps up to a closed door. The door is solid stone. A wide basin is a few feet in front of the door. Directly either side of the door are two shoulder high pillars carved into ugly beasts. Your friends appear veiled in dark shadow; all you see are rough shapes.

    The note, read with Gisard’s Light infused staff inches from where your nose used to be, reads:
    “The key is in thee
    eldest of components
    will set you free.”

    Gisard, you are blind, for now at least. You can’t succeed on a move if sight is vital. If you’re casting a spell, an ally will have to Aid you for it to succeed (point you the right way etc.)

    Bran is the last man outside. Hao-Gou has just knocked everyone else six feet towards the steps.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    Bran

    Bitter wind cuts against your skin. Your, frankly dashing, desert outfit isn’t cut out for this. You’d better head in with the rest of the party.

    Only Bran can read this.
    These new people lead by Eliza are now in near range.

    Take out your bow in sudden, twisted rage and fire at the vampire, or take -1 ongoing until you next Make Camp... which may potentially be after this adventure is over.

    Whatever you choose, you can head in just the same, but you’ve shot first, and they’re your enemies.

    The damage you deal counts as a Backstab and a Cheap Shot!

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Bran pulls out his Ivory Bow, and grinds his teeth. His grip on the bow tightens until his knuckles go bone-white.

    With an anguished grunt, the rogue turns and enters the tower.

    @Endless_Serpents
    Taking -1 ongoing. We'll just have to find a different time to vent that frustration!

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    You enter a brightly lit corridor, just a few paces wide, and twenty or so feet long. You see... mostly the back of a divine stone guardian. You have to tap the rump of Hao-Gou, who’s usually floppy ears are perked to make up for his obscured vision, before he shuffles to the side.

    Once your view is clear you see the floor is pitted with dents and swift cuts. There are several holes in the middle of the ceiling—spear trap. You’re good. There’s a pressure plate either side of it. It must work on a slight delay for maximum surprise.

    Up some short steps at the other end of the corridor is a hound-sized chicken-scorpion statue facing an equally sized snake-lizard statue. Going passed them takes you to a bronze basin green with age. It’s ceremonial in use, with masterfully crafted imagery of some fellow fighting monsters. Looks too heavy to lift.

    After that there’s a stone door. No lock, nothing to pick or break. That’s some Glamjin scale bullshit as usual, you think.

    Your allies range from blind to near sighted, only you can see okay.

    What do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    Bran cautiously moves to the front of the group and its light source(s), and begins examining the trap mechanism.

    (Is there a trap here (lol), and if so, what activates it?)

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Trap Expert (Dex, -1)

    Trap Expert (Dex, -1):
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=2, 5]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    “By King Khobarani’s cloak! What’s that touching my leg?!”, roars Dooli.

    “Oh. I think that is me, honoured giant. I am looking for a lever or button.”, says Hiroki as sheepishly as a frog can.

    They huff, “You’re not the first person hoping to find out if I’ve got a lever or not, but I’ll thank you to look elsewhere.”

    “That’s the problem,” Miguel sighs, “I can barely see a thing—don’t you step on me you flaming barghest, you knavish rock!”

    Miguel all but squeals as he hops away from Hao-Gou, who whines apologetically. The shishi ends up standing with all four paws as tightly under his belly as possible; he does a poor job of taking up less space.

    Bran, besides the spear trap, the two statues facing each other look dodgy. They must have a purpose, and it’s no doubt foul. You can’t see any obvious trigger for a trap in front of it. Looks like you’ll have to deal with the spear trap, get closer and look them over in more detail.

    You’re pretty sure... how did that note go again?
    “The key is in thee
    eldest of components
    will set you free.”

    That basin is involved in getting you out of here, but it might also be a source of trouble too. You’re not too sure.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    "'Key is in thee, Eldest of components,' and a basin you say? May needs be filled with water... or blood. Try water first. I'll just be back here, trying not to ssstep on any pressure plates."

    "Oh yes, and before I forget again, Bran, pull my finger."

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Endless_Serpents
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    "Uhhhhh, okay Gisard. But I'll have you know, where I come from, when someone says pull my finger, generally nothing pleasant comes of it."

    Bran pulls Gisard's finger.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    Bran pulls Gisard's finger and nothing happens.

    "... Uh... ok great, carry on."


    OOC: lol I thought I had prepared telepathy but I didn't whoops

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bran, you briefly see a flash of Gisard as a toddler pretending to read his father’s spellbook to a group of soft dolls around a miniature table.

    “T’daysss wizalling council meeting commencess! I’d firssst like to t’ank you all for—”

    Then it’s over.

    BahamutZERONips
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    "Hmmm, key is in thee... Bones? I'm bones." Holly pops a hand off and waves it vaguely at the others.

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    The thief breaks out some tools and sets to disabling the spear trap, lest someone accidentally gets skewered.
    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Tricks of the Trade (Disable Traps, Dex, -1 ongoing)

    Tricks of the Trade:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=3, 3]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    You can disable the trap if:
    - You expend the last use of your adventuring gear to pull out a small crowbar. It’s cheap, and in the process of cracking the pressure plate and messing with the workings it’ll snap off and half of it will stick there for good.
    - You do much the same trick using all 3 of your throwing daggers.

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    OOC: I'm gonna retcon that I wagered prestidigitation on that counterspell earlier so I don't make a time paradox, gotta remember to check my spell prep list more

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Good call, thosse thingsss can be terrible.”, said nobody, thankfully.

    Nips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 8
    Bran, using a somewhat complicated arrangement of sharp objects, uses his throwing daggers to disable the pressure plates to the spear trap.

    Once cleared, he moves forward toward the statues, eyeing every detail and surface he can.

    (What should I be on the lookout for?)

    Geth, roll 2d6 for Discern Realities (WIS, -1 ongoing)

    Discern Realities (WIS, -1 ongoing):
    2d6 7 [2d6=1, 6]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 8
    The statues stand facing each other with enough room for someone to pass between them to get to the large basin. They’re large, press back up either side of the walls, but you can see over the stop of them with a quick hop. They’re very well made statues. Every single feather is recreated on the chicken looking monster, and several droplets of blood from a cut are perfectly envisioned on the more snake-like statue.

    Gisard picked up a homemade bestiary at the train station, perhaps that could tell you what they’re supposed to be statues of...

    Beyond the statues a basin awaits. From here all you can tell is it’s empty. You’ll have to fill it with something to get a reaction.

    Be on the lookout for another trap, one more subtle.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    He might be able to if he wasn't completely blinded, anyway.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Sure, Bran will have to pickpocket it, but taking a book from a blind fellow is a simple task.

    When you take the bestiary, roll+INT.
    On a 10+, you find exactly what they’re portraying, and good detail.
    On a 7-9, you’ll get an impression.
    On a 6-, the author was out of their mind.

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Rather than rob the blind lizard, Holly simply asks him for it and, once he's fumbled about and found it, flips through the pages intently.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Book Learning

    Book Learning:
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=2, 6]

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    Endless_SerpentsNips
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 8
    You flick through until you hit a pair of pages with shakily drawn chickens, snakes, and chicken-snakes.

    The one on the left is a cockatrice, the right one is a basilisk.

    The manual rambles on about unrelated conspiracies and morphs into a daily journal for a bit, but gets back on track at the end of the pages to explain how though different in look, they are related species, and that they both cause petrification with their gaze. Looking either such monsters in the eye will turn a creature to stone. They’re naturally quite resistant to such power, and can shake off petrification in the blink of an eye once another of its kin turns from it.

    5uv8vxhp8oca.jpeg
    klt4ndr1g41t.jpeg


    Looking back at the statues you size them up again. Only about the size of a big dog each. Between them a couple of feet back is the basin.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    "Ah-HAH! Clearly the trap triggers should anything block their view of each other!" She announces, limbo-ing under their locked gaze.

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    Endless_SerpentsBahamutZERONips
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    You make it under their gaze just fine.

    You’re at the basin. What’s the plan chief?

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    "Hmm. Eldest of components... Someone with blood get over here!"

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Blood?...”, says Dooli.

    The gladiator turns to Scout and holds up a claw.

    “Hss. I know what that is, don’t start.”

    Dooli takes a tiny bite of their own arm. Two points on the top of their wrist begin to drip blood.

    They saunter towards you, then scratch their chin. After a beat Dooli clambers over the back of the basilisk.

    Dooli sniggers, “I’m not really built for limbo. I’m more of a volleyball player when I hit the beach.”

    Holding their arm over the basin, they let their blood drip slowly into it a drop at a time.

    It fizzles... then sparks! Arcs of green lightning dance from the blood, and the basin spins! It rises from a pole beneath it, and below the basin you see cogs at work.

    The door opens, ascending into a gap above it.

    Above the door glowing symbols appear...

    The grey elf shouts in sudden shock!

    “That’s High Elven! No one bothers with that these days! It says, well, best I can translate: ‘Two together, six apart, make a whole.’, but so much more flowery.”

    He coughs and grips his throat. Scout pats him robotically on the back.

    The basin is now descending in a slow spin back to the floor. The door could close again soon.

    Everyone can see properly again!

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 9
    Holly, a good hard look at the next area reveals a few steps down onto a marble walkway. It’s well lit from simple wooden torches, as well as an queer ambient glow about the place. The area beyond is far more spacious than this, thankfully, with a very high ceiling. There are multiple exits you reckon, but you’d have to get a better look at the place to know more.

    Dooli will be right beside you when you want to head in. Due to his size Hao-Gou will take up the rear.

    For the rest of you, make your way safely to the door and depart for a place unknown!

    [OOC: For some reason I have to refer to you as if the NPC adventurers are members of the party. Stop me if I ask Scout for a Spout Lore roll.]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gisard follows behind Bran and Holly. "Well done, well done! Why, you two are practically junior probationary trainee archaeologists already! If this is the level of obstacle Glamjin can come up with, we'll reach him in no time at all, hah hah hah."


    "... I just jinxed it didn't I."

    BahamutZERO.gif
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    Gisard



    You pass through the door with the grey elf, Prince Margulis. He is a dab hand in a fight, and though has little faith in his skills, could be called a paladin.

    249vex3a2ihe.jpeg

    Before you an ornate temple spills into view. You shield your eyes until you are accustomed to the unnatural ambient glow of the place.

    You are stood on a high platform made of green stone overlooking a peach-coloured lagoon. There are no ladders or stairs down, merely a progression of treacherous slopes that eventually meet the waterline. Once you descend you won’t be able to climb back up.

    The source of light emanates from below the water, and it dances playfully, almost hypnotically as the current washes over it. You track it to the far corner of the area. There’s something down there... is it a sunken ruin? Could be.

    Margulis whistles, and points in awe. As if lounging in a bath, a humongous statue rises from the water—undoubtedly a god—part elephant or tapir, part man. One of its hands is held below its double chin, and in the palm of the god’s hand is a brilliant orb that flickers with shapes you can’t quite make out.

    Have you heard of this god Gisard?
    If so, what is their domain?

    Moments later your contemplation is put aside by the sound of rowing, the grunting of sailors, and the terrible cracking lash of a master. You don’t know if they’ve seen you yet.

    So much to take in. You take a deep breath and look up for inspiration. Aw crap, you think.

    Endless_Serpents on
    BahamutZERO
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    The Die of Glamjin

    6djk61pkf36z.jpeg



    Physics of the Die
    The area you are in is an internal six-sided impossible space. Each area, a face of the Die, is beholden to its own rules. Don’t stare to long at those moving upside down or sideways, you’re likely to lose it!

    If you reach a connecting edge you can attempt to leap or pull yourself into the adjacent area by Defying Danger in the manner of your choice. Expect the worst should you fail! I’ll tell you when you’re close enough.

    Besides that, the various doors (there are more than you can see from the maps) each lead to different points in the Die. They might open to another face (an area on the Die), or let you out elsewhere on your current face.

    Rule of the Die
    At the ‘middle’ face of the Die stands a powerless, locked portal.

    You must find and collect enough orbs to turn it on to finally arrive at the mysterious and sinister Glamjin, Duke of Ways, Maester of the Planes. You don’t know how many you need yet, or anything else about this place for that matter.

    Pomme and Hiroki are together, and pinned down by their own problems. Hao-Gou is alone and covering ground swiftly to find anyone else. You can’t make out what they’re dealing with over there.

    cgfpl2vqj6k8.jpeg

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    Holly

    Your jaw drops. Dooli picks it back up for you. As you’re well aware, Dooli is a mighty showboating gladiator, and it looks like they’re your only amiga for now.

    677l9hgdfd23.jpeg



    The area is aglow with torches on brass stands, but this place is far more advanced that that. It’s damaged, in disrepair, but it’s obvious that once this was a place of true wonder. Platinum strips crisscross over every surface, and looking over the precariously handrail-less walkway you’ve stepped onto you see it goes down for miles.

    Maybe high elves built it. That must be it.

    Across the way a massive gem catches your eye sockets, and far in the distance drawn by thick shadows that flicker in the fire, a gleaming orb held behind a... glass dome?

    Holly, the fight has started without you.

    Dooli has taken a crude arrow to the knee! They let out a crocodilian rumble and pull it recklessly. Blood cascades from their leg.

    There are nasty little bastards crawling and vaulting their way into range—but strictly not so you can melee them. Ten, no, twelve, thirteen... Plenty. They’ve got hooks, rope and pockets full of spiky things.

    shixbq8rcdr8.jpeg

    Kobolds.

    Holly, if you plan on getting close to some, roll+DEX.
    On a 10+, you do, and deal your damage with a technique.
    On a 7-9, you can attack them now, but choose one.
    - You don’t take damage.
    - They don’t steal something from you.
    - You’re not put in a tight spot.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    Bran

    Here we go.

    wxqnx4nvlzpm.jpeg

    Scout dims their lights and speaks barely audibly against your ear, “Sensors indicate multiple targets stationed throughout, some patrolling. A damping effect has reduced my capabilities by 78.9%. This unit cannot confirm in greater detail.”



    This is all wrong. There’s grass under foot and thick bushes growing up against a building made of... is that painted wood? It’s not stone at any rate. The buildings have fine architecture, with sloped roofs that look like they could take your weight easily.

    Torches line the walls at various points, but there’s plenty of shadow inbetween for a thief to hide in.

    You hear a door close up ahead.

    What do you do?

    [OOC: You and Scout are in area 1. Name the numbered area you’re heading to, and I’ll describe what you find. Unlike the others you don’t see or know a thing about orbs.]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    did we have a grey elf named Miguel with us? did you mean the guy who had his throat slit, Margulis?

    Anyway, Gisard thinks that statue resembles depictions of Mishan-Ur Yari, a god of freshwater rivers and lakes.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    Mishan-Ur Yari, one of the many sons of many sons of Yari. A good god by all accounts. You doubt he has much influence here...

    [OOC: Edited! Not sure where I plucked that name from. It’s Margulis!]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    maybe Miguel is his nickname.

    BahamutZERO.gif
    Nips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Bran immediately ducks down into some long grass, pulling Scout down with him as best he can. If you could read his mind, even the most low-brow gods would be embarrassed by the string of expletives you'd hear.

    "Alright, Glamjin's tower split us up, that's obvious. We need to find our companions as fast as we can. But quietly! First rule of getting through a place unseen and unheard, is assume there are eyes and ears everywhere, and act accordingly. C'mon."

    (Bran checks the door to area 3)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    Gisard blinks slowly, looks around slowly. "... Ah. Well then. Think can you swim with your throat like that, M...

    ... Miguel?"

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gisard

    In a hoarse whisper he turns to you and says, “That’s was my half-human brother’s name. My father slew him, as he does all his bastard children. I’m Margulis.”

    He goes into a long monologue about the troubles of his home world, only stopping when a pang of pain hits him. He clutches his throat and points at the orb.

    “We’ll need that. I can swim fine, yet... How do we get up there?”

    If you’re taking a dip, just say where you’re headed, no need to roll.

    Bran

    The door is something like strong paper, and opens by being pulled sideways against the adjacent wall. It’s already open a crack when you get there.

    The room is sparse, just a covering of dust and straw for a floor, and no furnishings.

    You see two figures guarding a red painted wooden chest with an iron lock on it, and one other leans against the wall mere inches from the door. Hm... three foes and something Glamjin wants locked away.

    What’s the word? For assassins that are born that way into a clan? They’re them.
    hqnkd0fcp54j.jpeg

    You can’t see their skin, so they might not be people. In fact on average you guess there are more ‘other things’ than say, a human or lizardfolk.

    If you’re heading in there, pick your first target—they’re dead; describe how. Now roll+DEX.
    On a 10+, make a Cheap Shot against another one, and the last is getting ready to fight.
    On a 7-9, deal your damage against another one, then choose:
    - You don’t take damage.
    - Scout doesn’t take damage.

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    Holly's jaw distends (though it doesn't fall off this time) and a reverberating howl spills forth.
    "COME, PUNY SOULS, WHO WANDER IN THE DARKNESS
    THERE IS A LIGHT FOR THE CRAVEN AND WEAK"


    She draws a simple blade that warps and glows until it is a huge jagged glaive.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Konomi no Buki

    - two-handed, forceful, messy, +1 weight
    - +1 armour

    Konomi:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=2, 4]

    Grog on
    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    Endless_SerpentsBahamutZERO
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    A bundle of kobolds scatter and knock a archer’s aim off. An arrow flies into the air.

    You can attack them now, though the archers are falling back fast. Dooli stumbles, and their stumbling turns into a barrelling charge! They bulldoze a couple, and are mobbed by several more, but keeps running.

    Do your thing Prince of Blades.

    ...

    Gisard, you hear a distant plop in the water.

    Endless_Serpents on
Sign In or Register to comment.