Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Dungeon World] Glamjin’s Tower of Glory

1202122232426»

Posts

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    She continues in her ethereal baritone, sweeping her blade to bat aside the kobolds in droves.
    "PAIN, SHAME AND FEAR ARE EASILY FORGOTTEN
    WHEN YOU SUBMIT TO THE BLADE OF THE PRINCE"


    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Flawless Bladework
    Geth, roll 1d6 for Damage (if applicable)
    Geth, roll 1d4 for Soul Siphon (if applied)

    Applying Soul siphon technique, HP:9/16 (that bumps up to a d8 if I've killed anyone)
    I'll try and use forceful to knock as many as I can off the walkways.

    Flawless Bladework:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=2, 4]
    Damage (if applicable):
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]
    Soul Siphon (if applied):
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]

    Grog on
    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    You swing your glaive overhead onto the nearest kobold, and heave their corpse around and swing it into another! They both fly off the walkway and smash into some hanging wires below. A ripple of neon light cascades over the area, briefly illuminating the huge crystal over yonder.

    Another leaps down with a dagger in each hand, but you casually kick your glaive vertical and shish-kabob the reptilian fiend.

    You replenish 8 HP!

    With the kobolds fanning out around you, you can finally get a good count on them. You see ten kobolds in your way. Five are within reach, little yapping soldier-kobolds, the other five are archers, nervous and cowardly, stepping back more by the second. Dooli is dealing with their own bunch, but they look okay. Two kobolds over there have already been hammered into the floor like nails.

    A soldier slides forward and throws a line of rope between your legs, the other four rush in to attack!

    Choose what you deal with:
    - The rope kobold.
    - The other four.

    What do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    What details can Gisard make out about the people on the boat, the climbability of the statue, and whatever might be in the water?

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    The boat is crewed by undead vikings. They’re toiling away, but they seem to be going through the motions. Even the boss whipping them keeps missing and isn’t shouting anything particular.
    q4hj5n6n19nr.jpeg

    While you’re puzzling this place out the boat has gotten within a few meters of your position. You’re up high, so you get a good look down on them while they carry on rowing. None of them have looked your way.

    There’s no way you can climb up the smooth surface of the statue from the water. It’s just too high—you’d need... there’s a puzzle here. You wrack your expansive mind for the answer. The tower so far has felt classic, out of date even, as if these were puzzles Glamjin’s party might have faced in a bygone era...

    The main thing that catches your eye in the water is the sunken ruin in the corner. Light emanates from it.

    “Call me crazy... I think once they’re lined up we should slide down this slope and leap onto the boat full of undying warriors.”

    The elf draws his sword and almost drops it, but manages to juggle it back into his right hand. He strikes a dashing pose, then drops it and curses.

    If you’re going for that plan you’ll have to Defy Danger.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "You're in no shape for a fight, Macguinness, you just focus on keeping your blood inside until we can get that treated properly. But maybe they're friendly undead boat warriors? Or only care about rowing around their little lake. Let's ask them."
    Gisard Goes For It, and slides down the slope.

    Geth, roll 2d6+0 for Defy Danger (dex)

    "HAIL, WARRIORS!"

    Defy Danger (dex):
    2d6+0 11 [2d6=5, 6]

    BahamutZERO.gif
    NipsEndless_Serpents
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    "Second rule of stealthy thievery: don't pick a fight against superior numbers. Or at all, if you can help it. C'mon, let's keep moving."

    Bran quietly leads Scout to the door to area 4.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    Gisard

    You and Malcolm slide down together in perfect tandem, Christ Airing with your new staff onto the boat. You land perfectly. Three undead vikings hold up wooden planks, each engraved with the same mysterious etchings.

    od1ndwa8cb05.jpeg

    “Rarl Malarm!”, shouts one of the vikings (he has no teeth, so who knows what he just said).

    He punches another in the back of the head, who reacts very slowly. The victim rubs the back of their head and grey hairs drift off.

    They seem impressed with your entrance. Then they carry on rowing. The master walks away from you and starts shouting vague, angry sounding threats to the front of the boat.

    Maybe you can direct them somewhere?


    Bran

    After pulling a paper-like door just a sliver you see the path is clear, at least for a few paces. There’s a high wall to your left, and on your right... the face of another entire section of the Die intersects with this area. You can barely grasp it, but it appears to be made entirely of blown glass. Can you just go there. How would that work?!

    Focus.

    The wall to your left can be scaled by you, but perhaps not Scout. Doing so would put you in an advantageous position, but would also increase the chance you’re going to get spotted.

    As you cling to the wall and take a few paces through a couple of bushes, you see a guard with their back to you. Just like the ones you left, they’re clad in black and look good with blades.

    There is a wall beyond them with crates packed against it, and this area seems to curve around to elsewhere, but you can’t see where that heads.

    What do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    "Oh no, a rope." Holly intones, flatly, then bats the offending kobolding with the flat of her blade.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Flawless Bladework
    Geth, roll 1d6 for Damage (if a hit)
    Geth, roll 1d4 for Soul Siphon (if applied)
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Soul Siphon (if it kills)

    Flawless Bladework:
    2d6+3 13 [2d6=5, 5]
    Damage (if a hit):
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]
    Soul Siphon (if applied):
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]
    Soul Siphon (if it kills):
    1d8 7 [1d8=7]

    Grog on
    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    Holly

    You hear a satisfying crack as your blade connects with the kobold’s everything. It flies off the walkway to its doom.

    The remaining soldiers sprint towards you, around you, and carry on out the open door behind you.

    An arrow nicks your shoulder, but as you syphoned off the vital energies of your last kill, your black glass bones mend as quick as it cuts passed you. You see the archers quake in fear.

    Dooli has taken a knee over a pile of kobold corpses, they’re breathing heavy. They give you a laidback salute.

    “I reckon that big crystal gem does something funky, you know? Want me to check it out, or you?”

    One of the archers blows into a little horn, and the archers cheese it! They make it up some steps then hang a left by that strange dome. You can’t tell what it’s made of, it’s almost like... something bright, like glass. You spy an orb floating up and down inside it.

    The kobolds are gone for now, but you don’t think you’ve seen the last of them.

    Bran

    You very briefly think you hear the pad of little feet back the way you came. The guard shuffles on their feet, but you don’t think they hear it.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gisard points dramatically with his staff towards the area he thought he saw some structures under the water. "Row us that way, my fine dead men!" He then leans over the edge of the ship to examine the water more closely, to see if it looks like acid, or a giant gelatinous cube, or if there's any obvious sign of monsters swimming around under them.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gisard

    “YARP!”, the boss with the whip yells.

    They’re not rowing in time, but after a slow start they get a rhythm going and take you directly over the sunken ruin.

    The water is all but a potion. Studying it gives you that same feeling you had right at the start of your adventure when you tried to discern magic only to realise the whole place was enchanted. It’s practically liquid mana!

    It could well be the reason these dead men are animated.

    You don’t know what’ll happen if you jump in, but it’s not acid, this old boat is surviving well enough.

    Monty swishes their sword through the water and looks over to you, “Well it’s not melting it. That’s a start...”

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "Hmm. Well, I don't have any better ideas. I guess we'll just test it the fast way." Gisard slides off the side of the boat into the water, waiting to see if anything happens.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    You surprise yourself with how at home you are under the water. It’s cold at first, but you soon acclimatise.

    The water is pure magic! You suddenly have all your spells prepared!

    The amulet blinks rapidly as you swim in it. It tries to speak but you can’t make it out. It’s excited, you think!

    You make broad strokes and whip your tail side to side to propel you into the sunken ruin. It’s gloomy in here, but you can see just fine. It’s not so big, thankfully. You reckon it was a chapel once, a small, round stone room for people to seek council and pray within.

    When you swim in the magic water, roll+STR.
    On a 10+, hold 4.
    On a 7-9, hold 3, and the water takes something from you.
    On a 6-, hold 2, and you invite unwanted attention.
    Every time you commit an act while under water, spend 1 hold. When you’re out of hold you have to surface, right now.

    In the chapel you see three things. The first is a lever. The second is a trapdoor. The third is a large clam, open, revealing its pink flesh and a perfect white pearl.

    What do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Bran, seeing an opportunity, creeps up on the lone guard and tries to end him with his Genteel Cane.

    Geth, roll 1d8+1d6 for Backstab with Cheap Shot damage

    Backstab with Cheap Shot damage:
    1d8+1d6 8 [1d8=7] [1d6=1]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 14
    “Target eliminated.”, whispers Scout.



    You catch the guard as they fall, and gently guide them to the ground.

    Around the corner is an open door. Peeking out you see it leads to an overgrown courtyard. The wall directly in front of you is covered in thick vines. Carefully manoeuvring around through the tall grass you see a very out of place sewer pipe cap—like something from back home!—a couple of small shacks and the entrance of a fortress with wide open gates. The place is deserted. Or so it seems.

    You could easily sprint to any one structure and make it inside. But do as you think is right.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Dooli has taken a knee over a pile of kobold corpses, they’re breathing heavy. They give you a laidback salute.

    “I reckon that big crystal gem does something funky, you know? Want me to check it out, or you?”

    Feeling renewed and energised, Holly raises a hand at the gladiator. "Rest a moment and keep watch, I doubt we've seen the last of our diminutive friends."

    She approaches the gem and inspects it cautiously.

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 14
    The vastness of space and chronology.



    You see yourself as a young duelist in training, you see love and loss, success and failure. A seed is planted and grows to be a huge tree, and slowly dies, leaving behind a forest of children. An ape stands on two feet, a being of primordial light falls. You duck instinctively as a rocket rises up from billowing clouds of its own making. When you look back you see a throne and a crown waiting for you.

    Locked within this crystal is Time. You feel the capitalisation.

    The crystal is tall, wide, and lodged into the floor. It is kept there by a ring of platinum which has twenty or so plates in the shape of tuning forks attached to it.

    When you touch the crystal and peer into its depths, you waste valuable time and something vital goes unnoticed, but...
    You can answer me one question I ask you about the future.

    Otherwise, or after that, striking the crystal will awaken its purpose within this area. It may be the key to acquiring that orb...

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 14
    Bran does his best to stash the body behind some crates or in some long grass, then peers out into the courtyard. Its vacancy sets off alarm bells in his mind.

    "Third rule of stealthy thievery: when an area appears empty, it isn't," the rogue whispers to Scout. "Let's wait this out a moment, see what we see."

    In the back of his psyche, a quiet rage starts to bubble up. Why am I sitting still? This is a time for action!

    Geth, roll 2d6 for Discern Realities (WIS, -1 Ongoing)

    Discern Realities (WIS, -1 Ongoing):
    2d6 4 [2d6=1, 3]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 14
    Nothing happens.

    Maybe you could throw something and see if that baits your potential assailants into action. Maybe you’re just paranoid. Maybe you’re just a coward Bran.

    Scout looks at you, then scans the courtyard, then back to you.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Fuck it.

    Bran dashes across the courtyard, aiming for the one thing that's familiar: the sewer pipe cap.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 14
    Bran

    You drag the robot across with you and all but kick him down the ladder after you noisily throw off the cap. In your haste you don’t see the ninja laid flat on the roof of one of the buildings! They leap into the air and catch you with a throwing blade. You gasp, falling into the sewer, and manage catch onto Scout... which suddenly snaps the rung of the ladder they were holding onto. You both fall!

    Geth roll 1d6 for Nina Shuriken
    Geth roll 1d4 for Poison

    You take 2 damage. The next time you take damage, you’ll take +3 damage that ignores armour.

    Bran, you have this weird, how can I put it, drowning sensation.

    Bran! Defy Danger to swim to the surface!

    Gisard

    The trapdoor swings open and two guys are flung out into the ruin. So that narrows your options to pulling the lever and taking the pearl. Good.

    Nina Shuriken:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]
    Poison:
    1d4 3 [1d4=3]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 14
    Bran tries to find purchase underwater, but is turned around and has lost his sense of direction...

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Defy Danger (Con, -1 Ongoing)

    Defy Danger (Con, -1 Ongoing):
    2d6+1 5 [2d6=3, 1]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 14
    Your vision becomes clouded by your own blood as you spin to find your bearings. A shuriken is stuck in your shoulder.

    You take 1 damage. You’re drowning Bran!

    The Nameless Deck floats in front of you, having been dislodged by the sudden rush of water over you. It crackles with magic energy.

    Scout sinks to the bottom and disperses wet sand into the ruin. They begin to transform! Parts of their robotic body move, become concealed, or open up from within it! You can’t say what they’re becoming or why!

    Bran, there’s not much time! Everything you do will drain you of 1 HP until you reach the surface, what do you do?

    [OOC: You know, if this campaign did experience points as per the standard rules Bran would probably be a level higher than the rest of you by now...

    Take heart! I’m sure you’re saving your best rolls for the finish!]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Bran grabs the Nameless Deck, and scrambles to draw a card from it. He doesn't even understand why, he just does.

    With the flick of a thumb, a card comes careening out the case.

    (Is that last 1 damage ignoring armor? I'm assuming so, because drowning.)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC: Yeah, ignores armour, I should have said.

    Roll me a 1d19. Yeah that’s right, 1d19, one of your imps is gone for good.]

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d19 for The Nameless Deck!

    The Nameless Deck!:
    1d19 11 [1d19=11]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Endless_Serpents
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 15
    Gisard will dive to the chapel.
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for swimming.

    First, he looks at the clam, but quickly dismisses it as probably a trap for the greedy. That's what Gisard would do if he were a malevolant god-wizard, anyway, make the clam close on anyone attempting to reach the pearl and drown them. The lever and trap door, however, seem promising.
    Gisard first tries pulling the lever. 3 hold remaining.

    swimming:
    2d6+1 11 [2d6=6, 4]

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 15
    Gisard

    KUR-PLUNK!

    With all the strength you can muster you slam the lever down! You hear a distant rumbling, and lift off from the lever. The water level is rising!

    The trapdoor swings open and two figures are flung out! Bran and Scout.

    To your right your pal Bran is struggling in the current, his eyes are closed and he’s clutching a card between his fingers.

    Below you Scout has transformed into a sort of... underwater carriage! He starts his propellers up and begins to rise slowly.

    The Nameless Deck is drifting away from Bran. Are you going to let it be lost?

    Then you see a flash of light!

    Bran

    You feel your energy draining. You could really use a hand here— Then you see a flash of light!

    A woman is talking to you, but you can’t hear it through the water. She grabs you by your face and a bubble of air is excreted from her palm. It envelopes your head.

    She pushes another of her hands into the bubble, and it speaks, “For future reference, underwater is no place to discuss the gorgeousness of puuuurrrrest vanity.”, the demon chuckles lightly with a hand over her lips, “So daaaarling, let’s start your make-over. Not a moment too soon either, you look aaawful.”

    She sounds like an actress, the kind you could never afford to go see, you think.

    fbwehj8q8bo6.jpeg

    She put a hand on your shoulder and grins, “Let’s make you peerrrrrfect!”

    Bran, you have unleashed the Beaunasty Fabulist!

    Change your look (be as major or minor as you like), then choose a new racial move. The most obvious option is to choose the Halfling move from the Thief class, but if you’ve an idea I’ll work with you to make it happen.

    The demon messes with your wet hair, then holds a set of her hands in a square, as if putting a picture frame around you.

    “Has anyone told you, youuuu look like a young Prometheus?”

    Bran, this one is for your eyes only:
    The Beaunasty Fabulist has 1 hold over you so long as she’s active. At any time she can spend her hold to make you say 1 sentence. I’ll PM you when it comes to it.

    She can only be banished if she gets dirty. It’s your call when that happens, so long as it makes sense within the fiction.

    You’re still under water. Gisard is nearby, that’s something at least.

    Meanwhile

    The water level has risen high enough that the orb is within reach in the god’s palm.

    Endless_Serpents on
    Nips
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Assuming you mean the orb in the statue's palm. Anyway Gisard will collect the nameless deck, then motion to the surface to Bran and swim back up. 2 hold remaining.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 15
    [OOC: Oops! Yes.]

    You break clear of the surface and take a hearty breath Gisard. You now possess the Nameless Deck.

    “Um, she turned up out of nowhere and beckoned the rotting fellows back. Do you know her?”, your elven ally inquires.

    Eliza the Vampire Lord leans over the side of the boat and offers you a hand.

    “Hello Gisard. Did you know, this is the second sailing vessel I’ve commandeered today?”

    Upon the boat is Eliza, a teenager with a steely gaze, and a sullen, androgynous person in robes.

    iu1ccl36yuh1.jpeg
    7xj5wr8cyifg.jpeg
    cqxpihyg3zq5.jpeg

    The undead vikings are under her thumb.

    Your mind races. Facts, go:
    - The vampire doesn’t have her entire group with her.
    - The boy is a Fighter. He’s got that zealous look you’d see in the mad cultists that inhabit the ruins of Tlythutan.
    - The other person is a Wizard. They don’t look that pleased to be here, but who would be?
    - I’m alive.
    - Err...

    Endless_Serpents on
    NipsBahamutZERO
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 16
    Gisard's face is fixed in an extremely strained, toothy smile. "Ah, Lady Eliza! What a... very pleasant... surprise! I had rather hoped that you would find your way back to your world before we crossed paths again! What a shame, that you have not. How very... unfortunate. Yesss."

    He glances at Margulis to see if he's been restrained or is simply hanging out.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gisard

    Margulis is nervous and confused. He’s no fool, this woman’s power over the undead vikings is enough to let him know she’s not on your side. He wasn’t charmed by her though, and is clearly not restrained—she’s just not bothered by him.

    “I need you Gisard. Neither myself nor my new children can approach the orb, but you and your delightful elven companion can.”, Eliza declares.

    Fact: Everyone else with her is a vampire thrall. Not undead, but bound to her and stuck with a number of her weakness. They can’t get to the orb because the statue must count as a holy symbol!

    Fact: They only really need one person. So the other is, what? Collateral? A potential thrall? Food?!

    The wizard stands up shakily and speaks to you, “The orb will fuel a portal I have scried on another,” they struggle for how to describe it, “part of this peculiar zone. We need it to begin our escape.”

    Fact: Begin, as in to start, so getting this one orb isn’t enough.

    Do you keep Eliza waiting or take her hand and board the boat?

    Bran

    When your changes are made, you can make it to the surface before the air bubble runs out. The Beaunasty Fabulist will be disturbingly close behind you as you do.

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ooc: are we on the inside or the outside of the giant cube that has each of these rooms as its faces? IE can we look up and see the other faces?

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 16
    [OOC: You’re inside. You can look up and see the other faces! You’ll take tons of sanity damage, but luckily we’re not playing Call of Cthulhu.

    The opportunity has not presented itself to you yet, but were you to reach the edge of an area you could Defy Danger to try leaping into it and adjusting to its gravity.]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    He reluctantly takes Eliza's offered hand and climbs up onto the boat, and gesture vaguely in the direction of the portal face of the puzzle cube room. "Yes, yes, the orb goes in the portal hole, I gathered as much by using my mystical wizard powers of eyesight and deductive reasoning."

    He's clearly offended by what he chose to interpret as a patronizing remark from the new guy. Does he not see Gisard's robe and pointy hat? Did he not notice Gisard's magical staff? Does he think Gisard is a second-rate wizard??? Maybe the fact that he's soaking wet from his swim is masking his inherent aura of big important wizardliness that Gisard has definitely believed he has had ever since he was a wee tyke playing pretend wizard council... I mean beginning his delvings into the secrets of the arcane.

    Gisard looks thoughtful for a moment. "So, you want me to retrieve the orb? That's fine, we obviously need to open the portal to continue anyway. What do you intend to do after I get it, though, hmm? Shall we be nice, good, cooperative alliesss, with no betrayal or enthralling, as it wasss last time?"

    BahamutZERO.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.