Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Dungeon World] Glamjin’s Tower of Glory

12526272830

Posts

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 12
    Gisard's there too, behind Holly. Waiting. Watching. Wearing a silly mask.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    GrogNips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Bran eyes the trap door space, then the ladder. He thinks, then decides that 'hanging by barbed whip' seems appropriate for Glamjin.

    Up the ladder he goes!

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 13
    Darsdo enters last and looks around for Bran. He puts his mask on after a shocked look from Hao-Gou, and strut off towards the backstage area. Guess he instinctively knows where Bran is.

    The Songbird is unceremoniously wrenched off the stage by a hooked staff, and the audience jeers and wails with laughter.

    The spotlight goes out, and they fall into a sudden silence.

    Suspense seems to crackle in the air.

    The thick curtains are slowly drawn, and ominous ambience of a distant time and space leak out across the theatre like acid. The stage melts into a malleable portal, and there Glamjin stands before his throne, the Ur-Bard, the Heart Breaker. He’s singing.

    Please watch as much of Blackstar as you can.

    He seems so much older than you recall. Though glamoured, you see cracks fade in and out of his skin, black and deep as primordial sea. He’s eyes are either beautiful azure, or forest hazel, or bloody marks. He’s a man, an Oberonic king, a gnarled goblin, yet still always Glamjin. His act is falling apart, he’s almost mortal.

    The stage now stretches back for miles, or so it looks. A cavernous maw laden with treasures and husks of eons, fallen towers and broken blades. The maw opens up at the opposite end out into a dying dusk, and low on the horizon against the swirling oily sky is a rising black star.

    Bran! The area backstage seems to bend and blister! If you wish to crawl along the lights and rafters to get above Glamjin, you’ll have to Defy Danger.

    Holly! He takes a step forward and smiles as he sings, sings just for you. The audience is rapt, but obviously terrified of this performance. You must Defy Danger too, lest you be enchanted by the fairy song.

    Gisard! You’re not yet in range to hit Glamjin, you’ll have to get closer. You’re 100% sure this is a Place of Power...

    c6iz1o34xh5j.jpeg

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 13
    Bran begins to navigate the shifting rafters, but their unnatural motion makes the traversal treacherous.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Defy Danger (DEX)

    Defy Danger (DEX):
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=3, 3]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    You make your way over the cavern (this doesn’t make sense geographically but you get over it) but slip when your foot lands on thin air. You swear you had something to step on, but it’s now three feet to your left.
    Choose now:
    - You kick off roughly with your other foot and slam noisily into a unlit spotlight. You’re still above Glamjin, but become winded. You’ll move slower than you wish at a pivotal moment.
    - You grab a hanging wire at the last second and swing down onto a fallen tower. You land quietly on your hands and feet, but now you’ll have to traverse the cavern to get to Glamjin.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Bran, doing his best Tarzan impression (every culture eventually creates Tarzan, right?), swings from the hanging wire to the cavern floor.

    Caverns...in a theater. Yup. Still never not weird.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “If Tarzan did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.” — Voltaire

    You’re good to go Bran. Now it’s just a matter of prowling behind Glamjin until you’re in range.

    [OOC: We’ll pick up with you Nips once Holly has had what I suspect will be an awesome scene with Glamjin!]

    Nips
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gisard can think of a few interesting things to do with such a warped space full of power, where the edges of reality are soft and peeling back. Perhaps he could call the ghost train through a tear to the interspace. And... run over Glamjin? Maybe not. Perhaps they can escape on the ghost train if Glamjin shockingly doesn't send everyone home with his dying breath. He's keeping that plan in his back pocket.

    In any case, Gisard doesn't have his detect magic spell prepared, but he puts his vaunted powers of deductive reasoning to use and tries to see through some glamours.
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Discern Realities
    What here is not what it appears to be?
    What here is useful to me?
    What should I be on the lookout for?

    Discern Realities:
    2d6+1 11 [2d6=5, 5]

    BahamutZERO.gif
    NipsEndless_Serpents
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited July 13
    Holly steps into her role, summoning all the gravitas of the infernal planes, and issues her retort in the stony growl of the grave.

    "You are old, child, but I am beyond age. I am the end, and I have come for you, Glamjin."

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Defy Danger CHA

    Defy Danger CHA:
    2d6+2 7 [2d6=4, 1]

    Grog on
    mmwshvuztx5m.png


    NipsEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gisard

    What here is not what it appears to be?
    At the distorted core of Glamjin’s power space is meaningless. Do you have fifty feet to go until you’re in range of the Fae Fiend, or can you grab his arm? Only your will provides the answer.

    What here is useful to me?
    This is a Place of Power, you can conduct a ritual here... though perhaps with a great cost. Consider what you spoke of with the God of Rivers.

    What should I be on the lookout for?
    Well, that Black Star is rising. That can’t be a good thing.

    Careful study of the audience members leads you to believe they’re bound by magic and compelled to remain seated. Not as though you haven’t seen that sort of thing before with the genie. So what’s keeping them stuck?

    Holly

    Glamjin’s song comes to a close shortly after you speak. An immaterial orchestra continues on loud and disjointed. His voice is clear though, resounding in your skull.



    You aren’t under his spell, but you hesitate to act, giving him time to speak.

    “That’s a really good line.”, he gives you a golf clap as he sits back on his throne, “So, just the one hero this time? A pity, but a touch of loss can sweeten the adventure. Made a companion of an enemy, that’s a quaint one, but I do enjoy it so. A touch ‘anti-hero’ though. A skeleton is so, I don’t know, it lacks that iconic imagery.”

    He makes a rectangle with his hands and peers at you through it.

    “Hero, you have fought bravely and overcome many challenges, but it is time for your dream to end. For surely you know this has just been a dream? The nonsense of a sleeping mind. Soon you’ll wake anew.”

    He smiles, “Come here. Come here so you may wake up as your true self.”

    Glamjin clicks his fingers, and a doorway floats into position beside him. It leads out to the sparring circle of Lady Fillianore (you know, the one with the birthmark right above her ahem).

    BahamutZERO
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited July 14
    Holly uses the sudden pang of hope- that most treacherous denizen of the heart- to fuel her performance.

    "A... a dream? It all makes sense now. The blood. The nightmarish monsters. The utterly contrived plot!" She clacks out laughter and clutches her lack-of-a-belly, then points at her foe. "And the villain of this half-arsed mummer's play- surely the product of a wine-poisoned dream!"

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Know Your Enemy
    Hey, remember this move I took after the first level up?
    I'll pick:
    -Taunt your rival into revealing something they did not mean to.
    -Take +1 forward against your rival.

    Know Your Enemy:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=2, 5]

    Grog on
    mmwshvuztx5m.png


    NipsEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 14
    Glamjin grips his throne as a black jagged smile cuts across his pale visage.

    “What would you know of the work I have put into my domain? I am above the very gods of creation! While you naught but a bit part, an understudy to fulfil a role better served by those before you!”

    He stands, foam forming at the edge of his mouth, “All I need is for you to pass beyond the grandeur of my estate. Isn’t that what you want? To return to, what is it, ah yes, ‘The Greatest Duelist that Ever Lived’—yet you died so gracelessly, without honour... I could return you, flesh and blood, to carry on your life. You call me a villain, but all I require of you is to forget heroism, forget fighting a losing battle. Is that so callous of me?”

    If you, or any of you, give in and return home, you will be returned peaceful in the state you first arrived (or in your case a better state) and this entire adventure will be deleted from the annuals of history. Glamjin is the anti-Bard, he destroys stories of heroism for fuel to his immortality.

    “You wound me hero.” he chuckles, talking more to himself than you, “More so than even that foolish vampire lord.”

    Glamjin has a cut on his leg that’s still healing from way back when he fought and killed Eliza’s husband when he stole a fragment of their world. Choosing to strike there in particular will ignore his magical defences.

    Hand to his brow, he feigns sorrow, “But perhaps you’re right... This story should finish on a high note... How about a betrayal at the eleventh hour? Dog, by the pact I bound you, by the Old Law you must keep your word. I will not steal a soul from your world so long as you do as I command. Crush the hero beneath your paws, then bring them to me, alive.”

    The divine shishi goes to speak, but roars savagely instead. You are bucked from his back Holly! You land between him and Glamjin, who looks down at you with mock surprise. Sitting back and crossing his legs, the Patriarch of Portals watches Hao-Gou rear back, claws unsheathed and jaws agape.

    bnicz941umv8.jpeg


    What do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited July 14
    Clattering to the floor in a scatter of bones, Holly reforms smoothly into a standing position. She raises a hand to her faithful ally, her tone gentle even toward those fearsome jaws "Hold a moment, dear friend."

    Then, with all the pomposity such a moment deserves, she turns on the villain. "Glamjin, my foe, I demand satisfaction. I challenge you to a duel!"

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Throw Down the Gauntlet
    oops, forgot that +1 but nvm
    If he refuses then I pick: You take +1 ongoing against them until they defeat you

    Throw:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=4, 2]

    Grog on
    mmwshvuztx5m.png


  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    He pauses. Seemingly holding the shishi back with a raised finger.

    “I’m above all that now, you must agree.”, he says.

    The portal to your world flickers, until Glamjin glares at it. You notice a few hairs on his head turn grey.

    Hao-Gou is released!

    ...But let’s see what the other members of the party are up to at the same time as the beast pounces down!

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 15
    It's all quips and barbs up front, but does anyone ever watch their back in a battle of wits? No, and Bran leverages the moment. The thirsting teeth of the Genteel Cane come careening out of the dim light of the cavern behind Glamjin. It wraps around his conveniently-wounded leg, and bites in hard as it twists its grip around the thigh.

    The Serpent's Tears work their way in and then...YANK.
    Backstab: On a 10+, choosing two: I deal +1d6 damage, and I grant +1 forward for anyone acting on the advantage I create.
    Further: Backstab for 1d8 damage, +1d6 for the choice, +1d6 for Cheap Shot. With Darsdo active, the damage total is 20.
    With the Cane in Messy mode.
    On that wounded leg.
    Also: Serpent’s Tears (touch): Anyone dealing damage to the target rolls twice and takes the better result.
    Fuck you, Glamjin!

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Backstab (DEX)

    Backstab (DEX):
    2d6+3 12 [2d6=6, 3]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    BahamutZEROGrogEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    Bran

    Glamjin spins with the force of your pull, and he lands on his knees with a fist slammed firmly into the stage. Bran, your jagged whip is still stuck in his leg.

    “Oh! Ha! Hahaha! More heroes. This has been a most worthwhile venture.”, he cackles.

    Glamjin grips your whip with his free hand and vanishes. He reappears just a foot away from his last position. Something like shock, or rage, dances across his face before his smile returns. Did he plan on vanishing further away?

    Bran, your Genteel Cane has been snapped in half.

    Glamjin stands shakily, dragging the remnants of the cane-whip from his winded leg. He bleeds hot putrid air. Soon enough the rotten scent fills out to, let’s say, 20 feet around the Duke of Cunning.

    Bran, you got the better of Glamjin. You carry +1 forward against him. Glamjin has eyes only for you right now, he wants you gone!

    Glamjin unhinges his jaw and lets out a perfect note, one higher then you can hear, but you feel it! The cavern around you seems to hum in tune to his deadly melody!

    Bran, stalagtites crash down! Roll to Defy Danger!



    Holly

    Holly, choose:
    Attempt to dodge Hao-Gou (Defy Danger) or take the hit to deal your damage plus a technique.



    Meanwhile

    The card summoned imp ineptly navigates the cavern until they’re a few feet back from Bran.

    “Yo! That was sick!”, he cheers.

    A stalactite slams into the rock in front of him, but Darsdo lunges forward and slides face first towards Bran.

    Endless_Serpents on
    Nips
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    Holly lets out a ragged howl that's been brewing since her rage awoke, all pretence of performance gone. Lashing out with a chakram at lightning speed, she is heedless of the giant pooch bearing down on her.

    Geth, roll 3d6k1+1 for Noice Damage
    Applying Quicksilver, for a total of 4 Piercing

    Noice Damage:
    3d6k1+1 6 [3d6k1=[5], 5, 3]

    Grog on
    mmwshvuztx5m.png


    NipsEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    The divine guardian is likewise berserk! He slams you down with a flying headbutt, his giant paws either side of you. The chandeliers above the audience quake, jingling like glass bells.

    Holly, you take 11 damage.

    The chakrams clip two fragments of stone from the beast, then rebound into the floor. They’re in reach.

    Hao-Gou roars, “I must defeat you! Then bring you to that monster alive!”

    His words turn once again into a lion-like roar. Are you feeling defeated?

    Geth roll 1d10+1

    1d10+1 11 [1d10=10]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gisard is in shock at Hao-Gou's betrayal, as the huge statue of a dog-lion crashes into Holly. No more time for waiting for the right moment then, I suppose. Glamjin seems as occupied as he's going to be, and Gisard's taken the full measure of this Place of Power now. He begins to draw on the potential energy of the this collapsing plane to perform a Ritual, attempting to breach the dimensional walls of Glamjin's domain right here in his lair and allow the gods in. He leaves the mask on though, on the off chance it buys him a little bit more time without Glamjin noticing what he's up to.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    The melody of the orchestra seems to bend to your hands. You’re the conductor now Gisard!



    You can breach the outer defences if...
    - You use up all but one prepared spell.
    - You sacrifice something important to you.
    OR
    - You permanently lose an advanced move (Counterspell etc.) of your choice.
    - You become a conduit for angelic forces, and take this move:
    Lung Capacity
    You can transform into a holy dragon of the East. When you transform, you are huge in size, and move slowly and steadily, unhindered by weather and terrain. While in your dragon form you have +1 to a stat of the GM’s choice, and -1 to another of your choice.
    Finally, once you take this move, you are beholden to the Rule of the Divine Dragons (no sneaking, no backstabbing, no ganging up, but certainly riddles and trickery).

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    Gisard, still near Holly and Hao-Gou, hisses to her "Allow Hao-Gou to fulfill the commands to the letter and he will be able to stop fighting!"

    Meanwhile, Gisard begins his ritual. He sacrifices all his prepared spells except Contact Other Plane, and sacrifices his ability to Counterspell. He's not particularly keen on serving the divine in general so he'd prefer to keep this a transactional affair rather than becoming personally beholden to such capricious forces.

    He full-metal-alchemist's a freestanding, ornately decorated stone gateway which flows up organically out of the material of the floor, soon to be a hole into Glamjin's realm from the Outside.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Endless_SerpentsGrog
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    You have reigned in the magic here Gisard, but your ritual will take time to complete!

    Holly, Bran, keep Glamjin busy! The ritual must not be interrupted!

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    Bran begins to dodge, roll, and twist, but the falling debris is everywhere...

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 to Defy Danger (DEX)

    to Defy Danger (DEX):
    2d6+3 7 [2d6=3, 1]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bran

    You swiftly dodge the falling spears of rock, and hop with your knees bent as your abyssal wingman slides on through and clatters into the new obstacles ahead. You drop what’s left of your weapon, it’s no good to you now.

    By the time your feet hit the floor Glamjin has bridged the gap! He grabs you by the arm and pushes you back as he paces on into the cavern.

    “Look at you, those clothes, the fading glamour of a feeble imp! You’re none of these things. You’re a crook. Give it up, just go home, and you’ll wake up tomorrow just as you were. You’re no hero.”

    Behind you, a doorway into a common underbelly haunt emerges.

    “Step through, and you live.”, Glamjin intones, “But choose not to? You all die here.”

    Glamjin hums now, and it grows louder and louder. From way back in the cavern servants drop in from strange vessels. They skitter about, seemingly a mile away, for now, but they’re fast and determined things.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    "You're no hero."

    There's a momentary flash across Bran's face. The thief knows what heroism was, what it meant where he came from, in the circles he ran. Getting got. But now?

    That's not Bran. Not anymore. All that weirdness the games have put him through, all the nightmare monsters and the magic explosions and the existence of a realm of pure will. And gods, real honest-to-existence gods. Its in him now, and the thief can't just turn aside from that.

    "Back where I came from, I ran from stories. From history. From the tales my family spent all their lives researching and discovering. I tried to erase my story, make it blend and dissolve into the background of history. I tried to disappear. Then you dragged me into your games. And you know what? That was your first mistake."

    The rogue hops up on a piece of rubble larger than himself, perched on all fours. "You were right about one thing: I'm no hero. But there's where you made your second mistake: I don't need to be a hero to be heroic."

    Bran straightens himself to his full height. "And your third mistake? Taking your eyes off my powerful crustacean wingman. Darsdo, hit him now!"

    The thief jumps down behind the chunk of rubble and, while Darsdo moves in, Bran draws his bow and takes one last moment to eye up his mortal enemy.

    [OOC: Dark Gaze, Choose One: How can I make Glamjin vulnerable to me?]

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Dark Gaze (WIS, +1 Forward Against Glamjin)

    Dark Gaze (WIS, +1 Forward Against Glamjin):
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=1, 5]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    GrogEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    To clear something up:
    The masks now only grant a semblance of invisibility. Glamjin deals -1 damage for the rest of the battle, but he knows where you’re at.



    Darsdo clotheslines Glamjin, who lands with his knees bent, and flips back onto his feet before the demon can congratulate himself.

    Glamjin’s hair bursts into a bright white as he screams, “Cease to be!!!”

    A card gently floats down where Darsdo stood. Glamjin stamps it under his heel, and the card burns away. You have 18 cards remaining.

    Glamjin cries out, and rips the other half of your whip from his leg. He digs his hand into the wound, and when he pulls away it looks healed.

    Breathing heavy, he brushes stray white hairs from his eyes, then gives you a courtly wave. He looks positively fine.

    “Let’s see about changing your mind.”, he cackles.

    With a click of his fingers he changes into the costume of a swashbuckler; buckled boots, flowing shirt and a dandy hat. He ducks and weaves towards you as you notch your arrow. Glamjin draws a fencing rapier of utmost sharpness against you!

    How can I make Glamjin vulnerable to me?
    Every time Glamjin commit a great act of magic, all of which is ultimately derived from a goddess’ stolen power, he ages and weakens. Convince him to show off.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Maybe it was the unholy hollering; maybe it's the giant stone paw crunching her ribs; or maybe it's the anguish in Hao-Gou's eyes. Whichever it is, it returns Holly to her senses enough to hear Gisard's advice.

    "You have defeated me-" she gasps, though her lungs aren't there to be crushed "- take me to him!"

    HP: 5/16

    mmwshvuztx5m.png


  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 17
    Bran

    Glamjin is a solid ten feet from you, still stepping lightly towards you. You’ve got time and space to act as you wish.


    Holly

    Hao-Gou gently paws you into his mighty jaws, then leaps onto the stage beside the throne.

    He drops you in a pile, catching Glamjin’s eye. He slows, his rapier still facing Bran.

    “Good. Dog, sit.”

    The shishi obeys.

    “Take off that daft mask, boy. I’m beyond my kin, you can’t trick me, I’m the trickster!”, he turns and speaks to you, “So, skeleton, do you wish to return to a life of love and duels? I can’t imagine you’ll impress any lover in your current state.”

    With his free hand he creates a portal the size of his palm.

    Holly, roll+INT to see what he’s up to.
    On a 10+, your arcane knowledge once again proves you’re quick as lightning. You have time to warn others.
    On a 7-9, you realise too late, but you understand.
    On a 6-, you miss the opportunity.


    Gisard

    You hear the sound of trumpets. Your ritual is almost complete!

    [OOC: Outside of the roll you’re free to just figure it out in your own time. It’s not tough, this is just to show you’re smarter than him and quick off the mark!]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited July 17
    Holly's sockets stare with the wisdom of death, hell and all of the dreadful pits between.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3+1 for Knowledge Arcane
    (+1 ongoing against Glamjin)

    Knowledge Arcane:
    2d6+3+1 15 [2d6=5, 6]

    Grog on
    mmwshvuztx5m.png


    Nips
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Holly

    Your sockets flick from Glamjin’s hand to Bran. A touch above the thief’s head a few feet back there is a second portal.

    If Bran fires from his current position he’ll be struck by his own arrow.

    Holly, make a move to twist Glamjin’s arm and his palm-sized portals will be off balanced long enough for Bran to fire true!

    If you’re heading in to grab his arm, roll+STR.
    On a 10+, choose 3.
    On a 7-9, choose 1.
    - You give Bran time to move and let loose.
    - You get away before taking severe damage in retribution.
    - You get a hit in too, with a technique.

    Otherwise, surprise me, and I’ll see if your action requires a move.

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited July 18
    Holly skitters forward as fast as thought, latching onto the Duke's arm in a savage approximation of wrestling technique.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Grab
    Boom.

    Grab:
    2d6+1 13 [2d6=6, 6]

    Grog on
    mmwshvuztx5m.png


  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited July 18
    Just as Glamjin turns to pour out his wrath she slips the Mortal Blade into his ribs, slashing outward when she pushes off into a backflip.

    Geth, roll 2d6k1 for Mortal Blade damage
    Using Quicksilver for 2 piercing

    Mortal Blade damage:
    2d6k1 4 [2d6k1=[4], 4]

    Grog on
    mmwshvuztx5m.png


  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 18
    Bran, seeing the opening and the threat of the portal, rolls to his right and lets loose his arrow...awkwardly at best.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Volley (DEX)

    Volley (DEX):
    2d6+3 5 [2d6=1, 1]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Unwilling to let her foe go unscathed, Holly smoulders with infernal rage. She feels all those bloodthirsty souls that carried her title before her, feels them clamour for death and vengeance. Fate itself relents to that awful choir, bending the arrow toward it's target.

    Before the missile finds it's mark she feels her old life fall away into the morass of minds that are the Demon Prince of Blades, cannibalised and amalgamated until only memories of violence and blood remain.

    mmwshvuztx5m.png


    NipsEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 18
    Glamjin manages to hold out his miniature portal at the arrow, which flies through and back out the higher portal, cutting passed his left arm.

    “Damnation!”, he shrieks in fury, dispelling both portals with a click of his fingers.

    He turns and guards his face only for the Mortal Blade to slice through his torsos! The skin and muscle spirals away like smoke and the glamour of his youth is torn from him completely.

    The wound you carve causes Glamjin’s now mortal body to bleed a putrid cloud. You see him visibly shrivel before you.

    “Enough!”, cries Glamjin.

    He vanishes and reappears, stumbling into Hao-Gou. His hair hangs white across his shoulders.

    “Attend!”, he snarls to his encroaching servants.



    They’re making a beeline for you two! They cover the cavern floor, walls and ceiling, climbing over each other, leaping off their brethren’s backs, colliding and scrapping to be the first to lay a gnarled hand on you. You can’t begin to count them, it’s likely all of Glamjin’s servants!

    Holly, Bran, both of you roll+DEX to work as a team to fend them off, keeping the highest result.
    On a 10+, both describe how you cut and shoot your way to Glamjin.
    On a 7-9, Holly gets to Glamjin, Bran is out of ammo and stuck fighting the servants by whatever means he can think of.
    On a 6-, you both take damage. The horde has you occupied.

    Glamjin claws his way up Hao-Gou’s snout, “You, do something useful for a change! Get me out of here!”

    With that the shishi begins his master’s escape, an escape that leads them into further danger!



    Gisard

    Gisard, you feel a light so profound it seems to shine through you, filling all space, and between even space itself. You are brought to your knees.

    BE

    NOT

    AFRAID




    That wasn’t spoken, it was chiselled into the air. It echoes on afterwards, absorbing all other sounds as it goes.

    The audience recoils in terror!

    “No...”, whispers Glamjin, then he snarls, “No one can beat me!!! Don’t you know who I am?!”

    mwj4gadyvbub.jpeg
    c6915evnsk4s.jpeg
    6zufytltzuoc.jpeg

    Angels. Towering over twenty feet. Almost blinding to look at. Seraphim, to be exact, the highest order. They’ve got rocket boots.

    Wheel-like angels orbit them at blinding speeds, seventy seven probably, some suitably impressive number anyway.

    Glamjin pulls Hao-Gou by the ears to halt him, then he cuts at the air with his blade, sending atom thick portals to tear through the approaching celestials!

    Gisard, you, as you tend to do, get over the whole angel thing, and stand back up. Tsk, looks like there’s a sword slash portal sort of thing headed your way, best step to your right.

    Gisard, roll to Defy Danger!



    Finally, only Gisard knows this:
    Your breach is going to collapse outwards, maybe later, maybe soon.

    You are now in the Informe, and can manipulate the world around you with your will, just as you tried on the train.

    Glamjin’s domain is going to tear apart!

    Endless_Serpents on
    BahamutZERO
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Frantic Mosh Pit Run (DEX)

    Frantic Mosh Pit Run (DEX):
    2d6+3 5 [2d6=1, 1]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited July 18
    Not one to be outdone, Holly follows after Bran and into the melee.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Brango and Clash

    Brango and Clash:
    2d6+1 6 [2d6=4, 1]

    Grog on
    mmwshvuztx5m.png


  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 18
    Portals, hmm? Gisard thinks he's getting the hang of the anti-rules of this non-space now.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Defy Danger: Traverse The Informe Edition (wis)

    In one smooth motion, Gisard dabs and tosses aside his mask. He appears to slide sideways out of the path of the portal slash, or perhaps space bends and the straight path of the portal slash curves around him? Who can say, it's all relative.

    st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.u1.jpg

    Defy Danger: Traverse The Informe Edition (wis):
    2d6+1 13 [2d6=6, 6]

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Endless_SerpentsNipsGrog
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 18
    Holly & Bran

    You are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of the things!

    There’s no way you can fight your way to Glamjin, you just don’t have the numbers...

    Surely you’re done for.

    Bran! You are kicked into a stalagmite, and take 6 damage!

    What can you do?

    Holly! You are dog-piled by five servants, and take 8 damage.

    Can you do anything?

    Geth roll 1d6+1 for Kick

    Geth roll 1d6+5 for Crush


    Gisard

    You slide in some kind of direction, no-clipping through terrain.

    THOOM!

    The angels blast off on their rocket boots, leaving trails of whirling dust! One of them takes the lead and suffers massive damage, parts of its form being sliced through acute portals, but that’s all to plan, for the other two smash Glamjin off Hao-Gou’s back with twin upper cuts!

    The elderly evil is launched into the air!

    With all his waning might, Glamjin screams bloody murder, shaking the foundations of his domain!

    He opens a jagged, flickering portal and careens through. He does not, or can not, close it behind him.

    One of the angels is quick to pursue, but they cannot fit. You can.

    Not the type to falter, the two healthy angels shift target and blast scores of servants to pieces. They’re far from you now Gisard. The third grows silent. You didn’t know angels could die, but it looks like it is.

    Gisard, now is the time for action!
    When you traverse the raw open stuff of the Informe, roll +Wis.
    On a 10+, you pick a point and fly to it. Your momentum grants you +1 forward on a physical action.
    On a 7-9, you’ll get there, but first you must surpass an obstacle.
    On a 6-, you fail to comprehend, and fall away slowly.

    Kick:
    1d6+1 6 [1d6=5]
    Crush:
    1d6+5 8 [1d6=3]

    Endless_Serpents on
    BahamutZERO
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    The Demon Prince of Blades looks at Bran, dumbfounded. "How long as he known that spell?"

    mmwshvuztx5m.png


Sign In or Register to comment.